Start by marking “The Heart Rate of a Mouse” as Want to Read:

Anna Green

The Heart Rate of a Mouse

4.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  117 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
RYDEN <3

To ask other readers questions about The Heart Rate of a Mouse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heart Rate of a Mouse

Lazy Seagull
Mar 09, 2014 Lazy Seagull rated it did not like it
I can see where the appeal for most is.

I guess I wasn't as blown away as the rest of everyone (dear god the word count intimidated me). I don't ship the pairing, either, which probably took away some of the hearbreak for me.

who the fuck is ryan ross (view spoiler)

literally the only point of setting it in the sixties was to use homophobia as a plot device

spencer smith isn't an asshole what are you doing

why are they all out of character

why
Anne
Mar 22, 2012 Anne rated it it was amazing
This story was something completely amazing.

Not only that I kept being either frustrated about the characters, but I also was extremely mad at them many times, however in the end I couldn't help but be proud of them. I felt like I knew them personally; experiencing all the drama with them.

I also love how you can clearly witness all of them developing and at some point even growing up.

Plus the 70's era, in which is the whole story set is in my opinion absolutely perfect.
Bridgit
Jan 10, 2016 Bridgit rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, adult, romance
I have always hated reading fanfiction about real people. But when I started this story, I crossed over the 'screw it' line and here I am.

Even if you do not ship this paring, or even remotely like the band, it is hard to deny that this story isn't well written.

The writing/word choice is fantastic; that's what really made me love this story. I don't think I've ever read a book that has so many short sentences that make sense and are even more powerful than longer sentences.

The person who tells
Lex
May 22, 2013 Lex rated it it was amazing
This is probably one of my favorite books of all times. I FEEL so much while reading this book, moreso than any other book I can think of. The emotions in this book are real and they bleed into my own every day emotions. I laugh, cry, and throw things while reading this series and that is why it's so good.
Marielle Standiford
Aug 28, 2015 Marielle Standiford rated it it was amazing
Too good to even be called fanfiction. A true masterpiece.
Izzy Millican
Jul 27, 2015 Izzy Millican rated it it was amazing
it was a beautiful read. I loved watching all the characters develop and grow. I cried. I got mad. I laughed. I smiled. This book took me on a roller-coaster of emotions and I enjoyed it so much. I recommend this book to not only people who enjoy the band and ship ryden, but everyone else too because this book was written in such a way that you dont need actual context and can read it as a piece of fiction by itself.
Ally Carlisle
Jul 26, 2015 Ally Carlisle rated it really liked it
This book is so full of emotion and is brilliantly written, The sentences are crafted so beautifully and I feel that someone who did not know of the real-life influences of this books characters could easily enjoy this series
Isabel Bagger
Aug 23, 2015 Isabel Bagger rated it it was amazing
a true gift to the planet. thank you anna green
Zannie
Aug 24, 2013 Zannie rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. I couldn't put it down. I was invested in the characters (who had amazing development throughout the story) and I laughed and I cried and it was just great. Probably my favorite thing I read this summer, but not the one I'll talk to people about.
Danielle
Feb 20, 2013 Danielle rated it it was amazing
THROAM was definitely an emotional roller coaster. It was big, and almost overwhelmingly intense and I loved every word of it. The characters were so real, motives were believable, and the happy ending well deserved.
Hannah
Nov 03, 2015 Hannah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
No words can describe this except PERFECT.
I admire you so much! This is beautiful! I am reading it for the second time because i cant get enough of it! also reading your other stories :) Amazing!
kaili.
Apr 15, 2012 kaili. rated it really liked it
This was more then a novel than a fanfiction. Personally, when I read fic I want it to be fic. It was amazingly written, no doubt. I prefer Anna Green's other works more.
Hannah
Jan 18, 2015 Hannah rated it it was amazing
I love the story because it always manages to fuck me up, I swear, NO other story gets me as strung out as this one, and it is fantastic.
Maggie
Jul 07, 2012 Maggie rated it it was amazing
There are not enough words to describe the epicness and perfection of THROAM. Amen. <3
London Gillean
Aug 31, 2013 London Gillean rated it it was amazing
The most perfect piece of fan fiction to have ever been written. Anna Green is brilliant.
Kine M
Dec 06, 2012 Kine M rated it it was amazing
This whole thing just broke my heart into 100000000 pieces
Chandni
Chandni rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2016
Misaki Misa-chan
Misaki Misa-chan marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Asya Aleksandrova
Asya Aleksandrova marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Tokyo
Tokyo rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2016
Tommy
Tommy marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2016
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2016
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Isabel
Isabel marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Tvdlover
Tvdlover marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Passang
Passang marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Manuel
Manuel rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2016
Seeu
Seeu marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
  • The Bone Parade
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, Volume 1
  • Death Note: Black Edition, Vol. 4
  • Point Pleasant
  • Black Cat: What the Living Can Do, Vol. 3 (Black Cat, #3)
  • InuYasha: Lost and Alone (InuYasha, #4)
  • Black Bird, Vol. 08 (Black Bird, #8)
  • Brain Jack