Start by marking “Praying God's Word for Your Husband” as Want to Read:
Praying God's Word for Your Husband
Preview

Praying God's Word for Your Husband

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Women often offer up polite prayers to God without any real hope of seeing change in their marriage, their husbands, or themselves. Kathi Lipp directs women to Scripture and shows wives how to pray God's Word boldly and in full confidence of seeing God-sized results. With a light touch and an approachable style, Lipp shows women what a blessing it is to pray for their husb ...more
Published June 1st 2012 by Revell

To ask other readers questions about Praying God's Word for Your Husband, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Praying God's Word for Your Husband

Sundi
I'm Single, and I've struggled with a fear of men for many years. Over the last few years, God and I have been on a healing journey. I felt led to purchase this book and begin praying for my future husband. It has been life changing for me! Everyday, I journal through a prayer, speaking them over my future husband, knowing God has a man out there for me. Thanks, Kathi, for writing this book.
Linda
Many wives, me included, tend to pray for their husband with a quickie checklist, marking that job off the list for the day. Kathi has written her book, Praying God’s Word for Your Husband, to help us out dig out of that rut and dig deeper into God’s Word and pray the Word over our husband. She’s practical in directing us to pick a regular spot and time, focusing our mind, preparing our heart, and, yes, even praying with a prayer partner or group of women–which makes us more accountable!

Kathi’s
Title: PRAYING GOD’S WORD FOR YOUR HUSBAND
Author: Kathi Lipp
Publisher: Revell
June 2012
ISBN: 978-0800720766
Genre: Inspirational/Marriage

Place your husband in God’s hands.

Many wives approach prayer as a checklist, something that has to be done in order to carry the “Good Girl Christian” card. But with this accessible guide, prayer can feel as natural as breathing. The reason is that the Word of God itself becomes your prayer.

With an accessible across-the-dining-room-table voice, Kathi Lipp shows
Melanie
I can not think of a better Father's Day gift to give my husband than to be committed to Praying God's Word for him! Nothing is eternal like prayer. Kathi Lipp directs the reader to use scripture in praying for their husband and how to pray boldly for him. She shows us concerns such as:

· parenting

· career and finances

· relationship with God and others

· emotional health

· future

· and teaches us how to approach those concerns through prayer.

Whether you are a new believer or one of many years, this
Michelle
Kathi Lipp has written a book that is both inspiring and practical. It's certainly a book that can be read from beginning to end, but it's also a great resource to keep on your shelf to pull from in times of specific need.

I completely love the idea of our prayers being grounded in scripture, so that we're always praying God's word, and there's no doubt that we're praying His will. Our husbands need our prayers, and Kathi has laid it all out perfectly, and given chapter after chapter of sample p
Victor Gentile
Kathi Lipp in her new book, “Praying God’s Word for Your Husband” published by Revell gives us a look at the power a wife has to change her husband’s life God’s way.
From the Back Cover: Place your husband in God’s hands

Are you ready to see God move in big ways in your husband’s life, your life, and your marriage?

Many wives approach prayer as a checklist, something that has to be done in order to carry the “Good Girl Christian” card. But with this accessible guide, prayer can feel about as natura
Siobian
Though many women approach praying for their husband as something they must do to achieve "Good Christian Wife" status, Kathi Lipp offers an easy to read manual on making prayer for your husband an essential part of your life. Through chapters such as "When He Feels Overwhelmed", "His Health and Safety", and "His Relationship With You" (just to name a few) Lipp shows readers how to take scripture and incorporate it into meaningful and heartfelt prayers that any wife can use.

I'm going to let you
Abbie Riddle
This is one of those books that makes a great gift for any woman - especially a newly wed or soon to be wed.

Kathi Lipp has provided an excellent resource and jump start for your prayer life in regards to your husband. Often we struggle as women to find adequate scriptures to prayer in regards to our husbands. Of course there are the obvious about their health and well being and their stress and provisions. But there is so much more that we need to pray over our husbands.

As a Pastor's wife I thi
Lynn
This review originally appeared on my blog.

I have a few pet peeves. Well, probably more than a few. And if I tried to list them, there is one that would make the top five. Maybe the top three.

Man bashing.

I'm not talking about good natured teasing. I'm talking about the tendency for women to gather for lunch or an evening out and spend a significant portion of their time airing their husband's faults and weaknesses, usually to a receptive and appreciative a
Ibjoy1953

MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK

In her new book, Kathi Lipp shows us the importance of why we should always pray for our husbands. I fail at that so often, and since my husband is not a Christian, I need to be praying for him more.

Kathi starts out showing us how to use her book, then she gives her readers an outlook on just what kind of things to pray as we pray for our husband. Things such as his work issues, finances, his feeling overwhelmed, his past mistakes, his health and safety and especially hi
Lisa Johnson
Title: Praying God’s Word for your Husband
Author: Kathi Lipp
Year: 2012
Pages: 208
Publisher: Revell
Note: I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspo... or on Twitter @lcjohnson1988

Prayer. You may be thinking not another book on prayer! Then again you may be thinking,” I have been praying for my husband and it didn’t change a thing”. Perhaps it changed you or your husband. You might think you don’t need a
Jocelyn Green
I love this book. I only had to read a few pages to realize this will never be in one of my give-away packages because I need this for my own husband. The prayers are powerful, because they are grounded in Scripture. This is one book I will keep on my nightstand, and it will travel around the house with me whenever I need to search for a quiet spot to pray.

There is more power in the prayers in this book than in all the pep talks I've given my husband in the last several months--because there is
Colleen
Excellent book filled with specific scriptures to pray for your husband (or yourself, or your children). I enjoyed the format of the scripture followed by an example of praying that scripture. I can see this book as one I can use during my devotion/prayer time. My one concern is that the initial chapters seemed to communicate a "name it and claim it" approach, but I didn't sense that as the book progressed. Highly recommend this book if you are looking to incorporate Scripture into your prayer l ...more
Ariel
I'm not married yet, but this book was still very helpful to me. Each chapter was targeted at a specific reason to pray for your husband, and each chapter was filled with example prayers directly based off of scripture. It explained ways to lift up your husband in those areas, and things to avoid making him worse. It was really helpful, and it's given me great insight for when I am married and praying for my own husband!
Mandy J. Hoffman
Good:

Like how she talked about TV causing bitterness towards our husband. So true.
Like the idea of praying Scripture not just my personal thoughts.

Bad:

Scripture is used out of context
She was influences and quotes books I would never read because they are bad theology.
Wendy
Enjoyed the read and the author's perspective on praying Scripture over your husband. The lessons in this book can be applied, however, to any family member, friend or situation.
Leslie Monroe
This is such a great resource. I love the examples of prayers tied,to Bible verses.
Tara Lane marineau
Good practical ways to pray and support your husband.
Jody Link
Jody Link marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
LaShawn
LaShawn marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Yadira Pacheco
Yadira Pacheco marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Kimberly Hinerman
Kimberly Hinerman is currently reading it
Jan 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Kathi Lipp helps women renovate their life with projects for the soul. She is a national speaker and author who inspires thousands each year to take beneficial action steps in their personal, marital, and spiritual lives. Her wit and wisdom will give you new ways to:
•Avoid settling for less than God’s loving plan for your life.
•Develop new levels of warmth and tenderness with your spouse.
•Return
More about Kathi Lipp...
The Husband Project: 21 Days of Loving Your Man--On Purpose and with a Plan The Get Yourself Organized Project: 21 Steps to Less Mess and Stress I Need Some Help Here!: Hope for When Your Kids Don't Go According to Plan The Cure for the "Perfect" Life The "What's for Dinner?" Solution: Quick, Easy, and Affordable Meals Your Family Will Love