Start by marking “Praying God's Word for Your Husband” as Want to Read:
Praying God's Word for Your Husband

Praying God's Word for Your Husband

Book DescriptionPublication Date: June 1, 2012Women often offer up polite prayers to God without any real hope of seeing change in their marriage, their husbands, or themselves. Kathi Lipp directs women to Scripture and shows wives how to pray God's Word boldly and in full confidence of seeing God-sized results. With a light touch and an approachable style, Lipp shows wome ...more
Published June 1st 2012 by Revell

To ask other readers questions about Praying God's Word for Your Husband, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Praying God's Word for Your Husband

Sundi
Sep 06, 2014 Sundi rated it it was amazing
I'm Single, and I've struggled with a fear of men for many years. Over the last few years, God and I have been on a healing journey. I felt led to purchase this book and begin praying for my future husband. It has been life changing for me! Everyday, I journal through a prayer, speaking them over my future husband, knowing God has a man out there for me. Thanks, Kathi, for writing this book.
Linda
Jun 17, 2012 Linda rated it it was amazing
Many wives, me included, tend to pray for their husband with a quickie checklist, marking that job off the list for the day. Kathi has written her book, Praying God’s Word for Your Husband, to help us out dig out of that rut and dig deeper into God’s Word and pray the Word over our husband. She’s practical in directing us to pick a regular spot and time, focusing our mind, preparing our heart, and, yes, even praying with a prayer partner or group of women–which makes us more accountable!

Kathi’s
Jun 08, 2012 Laura rated it it was amazing
Title: PRAYING GOD’S WORD FOR YOUR HUSBAND
Author: Kathi Lipp
Publisher: Revell
June 2012
ISBN: 978-0800720766
Genre: Inspirational/Marriage

Place your husband in God’s hands.

Many wives approach prayer as a checklist, something that has to be done in order to carry the “Good Girl Christian” card. But with this accessible guide, prayer can feel as natural as breathing. The reason is that the Word of God itself becomes your prayer.

With an accessible across-the-dining-room-table voice, Kathi Lipp shows
Melanie
Jun 16, 2012 Melanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: prayer, wife
I can not think of a better Father's Day gift to give my husband than to be committed to Praying God's Word for him! Nothing is eternal like prayer. Kathi Lipp directs the reader to use scripture in praying for their husband and how to pray boldly for him. She shows us concerns such as:

· parenting

· career and finances

· relationship with God and others

· emotional health

· future

· and teaches us how to approach those concerns through prayer.

Whether you are a new believer or one of many years, this
Lisa Johnson
Jun 27, 2012 Lisa Johnson rated it it was amazing
Title: Praying God’s Word for your Husband
Author: Kathi Lipp
Year: 2012
Pages: 208
Publisher: Revell
Note: I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspo... or on Twitter @lcjohnson1988

Prayer. You may be thinking not another book on prayer! Then again you may be thinking,” I have been praying for my husband and it didn’t change a thing”. Perhaps it changed you or your husband. You might think you don’t need a
Lynn
May 31, 2012 Lynn rated it really liked it
This review originally appeared on my blog.

I have a few pet peeves. Well, probably more than a few. And if I tried to list them, there is one that would make the top five. Maybe the top three.

Man bashing.

I'm not talking about good natured teasing. I'm talking about the tendency for women to gather for lunch or an evening out and spend a significant portion of their time airing their husband's faults and weaknesses, usually to a receptive and appreciative a
Victor Gentile
Jun 17, 2012 Victor Gentile rated it it was amazing
Kathi Lipp in her new book, “Praying God’s Word for Your Husband” published by Revell gives us a look at the power a wife has to change her husband’s life God’s way.
From the Back Cover: Place your husband in God’s hands

Are you ready to see God move in big ways in your husband’s life, your life, and your marriage?

Many wives approach prayer as a checklist, something that has to be done in order to carry the “Good Girl Christian” card. But with this accessible guide, prayer can feel about as natura
Michelle
Jun 07, 2012 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: revell-blog-tour
Kathi Lipp has written a book that is both inspiring and practical. It's certainly a book that can be read from beginning to end, but it's also a great resource to keep on your shelf to pull from in times of specific need.

I completely love the idea of our prayers being grounded in scripture, so that we're always praying God's word, and there's no doubt that we're praying His will. Our husbands need our prayers, and Kathi has laid it all out perfectly, and given chapter after chapter of sample p
Siobian
Jun 23, 2012 Siobian rated it it was amazing
Though many women approach praying for their husband as something they must do to achieve "Good Christian Wife" status, Kathi Lipp offers an easy to read manual on making prayer for your husband an essential part of your life. Through chapters such as "When He Feels Overwhelmed", "His Health and Safety", and "His Relationship With You" (just to name a few) Lipp shows readers how to take scripture and incorporate it into meaningful and heartfelt prayers that any wife can use.

I'm going to let you
Abbie Riddle
Jun 26, 2012 Abbie Riddle rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that makes a great gift for any woman - especially a newly wed or soon to be wed.

Kathi Lipp has provided an excellent resource and jump start for your prayer life in regards to your husband. Often we struggle as women to find adequate scriptures to prayer in regards to our husbands. Of course there are the obvious about their health and well being and their stress and provisions. But there is so much more that we need to pray over our husbands.

As a Pastor's wife I thi
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
Jul 02, 2012 Ibjoy1953 Hannabass rated it it was amazing

MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK

In her new book, Kathi Lipp shows us the importance of why we should always pray for our husbands. I fail at that so often, and since my husband is not a Christian, I need to be praying for him more.

Kathi starts out showing us how to use her book, then she gives her readers an outlook on just what kind of things to pray as we pray for our husband. Things such as his work issues, finances, his feeling overwhelmed, his past mistakes, his health and safety and especially hi
Jocelyn Green
Jun 22, 2012 Jocelyn Green rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I only had to read a few pages to realize this will never be in one of my give-away packages because I need this for my own husband. The prayers are powerful, because they are grounded in Scripture. This is one book I will keep on my nightstand, and it will travel around the house with me whenever I need to search for a quiet spot to pray.

There is more power in the prayers in this book than in all the pep talks I've given my husband in the last several months--because there is
Colleen
Feb 07, 2013 Colleen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: relating-well
Excellent book filled with specific scriptures to pray for your husband (or yourself, or your children). I enjoyed the format of the scripture followed by an example of praying that scripture. I can see this book as one I can use during my devotion/prayer time. My one concern is that the initial chapters seemed to communicate a "name it and claim it" approach, but I didn't sense that as the book progressed. Highly recommend this book if you are looking to incorporate Scripture into your prayer l ...more
Nellie
Aug 09, 2015 Nellie rated it really liked it
This book is not about a list of topics to pray for your husband. It is a set of 14 topics that men tend to struggle with. Each topic is chock full of specific verses with a suggested prayer following the Scripture verse.

I enjoyed reading the book along with accompanying stories that pertained to each topic. I think the suggested prayers can be used as a springboard to praying the way you need to pray for your husband.

This is a book I will keep within reach to help me to pray for my husband.
Ariel
May 27, 2012 Ariel rated it really liked it
I'm not married yet, but this book was still very helpful to me. Each chapter was targeted at a specific reason to pray for your husband, and each chapter was filled with example prayers directly based off of scripture. It explained ways to lift up your husband in those areas, and things to avoid making him worse. It was really helpful, and it's given me great insight for when I am married and praying for my own husband!
Wendy
Sep 24, 2013 Wendy rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed the read and the author's perspective on praying Scripture over your husband. The lessons in this book can be applied, however, to any family member, friend or situation.
Leslie Monroe
Nov 04, 2012 Leslie Monroe rated it it was amazing
This is such a great resource. I love the examples of prayers tied,to Bible verses.
Tara Lane marineau
Nov 27, 2013 Tara Lane marineau rated it liked it
Good practical ways to pray and support your husband.
Mary
Dec 05, 2016 Mary rated it it was amazing
Kathi Lipp provides a wonderful prayer guide with actual examples to help women pray over every area of their husbands' lives. Read this with your Bible and journal in hand and re-read it often. She not only provides her own life examples but actual scripture references and sample prayers. I found it so instructive and helpful that I have now purchased her follow up book: Praying God's Word Over Your Life. HIGHLY RECOMMEND for all women seeking encouragement in their marriage and in their prayer ...more
Joann Rodriguez
Jan 15, 2017 Joann Rodriguez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So much for everyone

This book is a great resource for different ways to pray for our husband's and scripture to back it up and pray over our husband's. There are stories from other wives and their situations and prayers they pray. This book is filled with so much to chew on and use in every day prayer.
Natalie Mangrum
Dec 31, 2016 Natalie Mangrum rated it really liked it
Shelves: reference
Take this review with a grain of salt. I use as a reference only. Loved it for that purpose.
Mandy J. Hoffman
May 30, 2013 Mandy J. Hoffman rated it it was ok
Good:

Like how she talked about TV causing bitterness towards our husband. So true.
Like the idea of praying Scripture not just my personal thoughts.

Bad:

Scripture is used out of context
She was influences and quotes books I would never read because they are bad theology.
L. Tilley
L. Tilley rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2015
Melissa Thomas
Melissa Thomas rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2013
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2013
Koti
Koti rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2014
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2014
Mzdee Iamtheone
Mzdee Iamtheone rated it really liked it
May 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
  • I Have Loved You: Getting to Know the Father's Heart
  • Grace Walk: What You've Always Wanted in the Christian Life
  • The Ride of Her Life (Lake Manawa Summers, #3)
  • You're Already Amazing: Embracing Who You Are, Becoming All God Created You to Be
  • Define Your Destiny Through Prayer: Your Journey to Divine Revelation
  • The Jesus Experiment: What Happens When You Follow in His Footsteps?
  • NIV, Real-Life Devotional Bible for Women, Imitation Leather, Turquoise: Insights for Everyday Life
  • Heart's Safe Passage (The Midwives, #2)
  • Honest to God: Becoming Brutally Honest with a Gracious God
  • More Than Ordinary: Enjoying Life with God
  • Caring for Infants with Respect
  • The 7-Day Doubt Diet
  • A Love Forbidden (Heart of the Rockies, #2)
  • Understanding Your Bible in 15 Minutes a Day
  • Hannah's Hope: Seeking God's Heart in the Midst of Infertility, Miscarriage, and Adoption Loss
  • Happily Ever After: Six Secrets to a Successful Marriage
  • Godspeed: Making Christ's Mission Your Own
  • Bathsheba (The Wives of King David #3)
Kathi Lipp helps women renovate their life with projects for the soul. She is a national speaker and author who inspires thousands each year to take beneficial action steps in their personal, marital, and spiritual lives. Her wit and wisdom will give you new ways to:
•Avoid settling for less than God’s loving plan for your life.
•Develop new levels of warmth and tenderness with your spouse.
•Return