Start by marking “Radical Equations (Bonnie Pinkwater Mystery, #4)” as Want to Read:
Radical Equations (Bonnie Pinkwater Mystery, #4)

Radical Equations (Bonnie Pinkwater Mystery #4)

Math teacher extraordinaire and inveterate busybody, Bonnie Pinkwater is at it again. When she and her Wiccan sidekick Rhiannon Griffith are out hiking and find the body of Bonnie‘s boss, Vice Principal Clarence Murphy, their day takes a decided turn for the worse. But when that same body disappears then reappears seated at his desk, amid the wreckage in a tornado-ravaged ...more
Mass Market Paperback
Published February 15th 2012 by Courtney Literary (first published December 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Radical Equations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Radical Equations

DeAnna Knippling
Feb 04, 2012 DeAnna Knippling rated it really liked it
In short: Math teacher Bonnie Pinkwater gets caught in a murder mystery centered around a tornado and a dead vice-principal. Despite being the fourth book in a series, new readers shouldn't have problems jumping in. Four stars.

This is a good, solid mystery. I hesitate to call it a cozy, but I suppose it is: an older woman/amateur sleuth solves mysteries in a small town. To me, Bonnie's character always carries out a satisfying rebellion against the educational bureaucracy as embodied by Principa
Georgeanna
Mar 26, 2012 Georgeanna rated it really liked it
Even though this is the fourth in a series that I'm unfamiliar with, I had no trouble jumping right in! I loved the small-town characters and cozy feel of this book. Bonnie Pinkwater, math teacher and amateur sleuth, was endearing and sometimes funny. She comes across as real person with only her human abilities, not a superhero ninja crimesolving savant. She's smart and compassionat--and a smart aleck :) I loved her attitude and I'll be catching up on the preceding books, and on the lookout for ...more
Warren Bull
Oct 31, 2012 Warren Bull rated it it was amazing
Unlikely as it seems Robert Spiller combines math and mystery in Radical Equations. His mathematical puzzle had me tracing islands and a river to try to solve the riddle. His heroine is interesting and the story kept me involved to the last page.
Kaye Booth
Mar 24, 2012 Kaye Booth rated it it was amazing
See my review of "Radical Equations" here: http://www.examiner.com/literature-in...
Pat
Jul 11, 2012 Pat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Bonnie Pinkwater makes a great detective-mature yet mouthy, logical yet emotional. The other characters are well developed also. Although I have not read the first books in the series (yet), I had no problem following the various relationships. The Colorado countryside is almost a character in itself, which adds much to the plot. The mystery itself kept me guessing. All in all, a very enjoyable book from Robert Spiller. I received a complimentary copy of this book in order to review it.
Sarah Schattman
May 16, 2016 Sarah Schattman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Logic prevails

Mathematician, educator and super sleuth Bonnie Pinkwater brings justice to East Plains. Moving corpses and a tornado do not deter Missus Pinkwater in her quest to find out who killed her colleague Clarence Murphy.
Deb Myers
Deb Myers rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2013
Mary  (Biblophile)
Mary (Biblophile) rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2012
Sally
Sally rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2012
Nancy Gould
Nancy Gould rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2012
Karen Emanuelson
Karen Emanuelson rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2014
Liz Shaw
Liz Shaw rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2013
Kay Wojtala
Kay Wojtala rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2012
Beth
Beth rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2015
Beverley
Beverley rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2016
Carol
Carol rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2014
Donnell Bell
Donnell Bell rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2012
Belinda Miller
Belinda Miller rated it really liked it
Jeanna
Jeanna rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2014
Dawn
Mar 28, 2017 Dawn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery-cozy
Another excellent mystery with the estimable Bonnie Pinkwater. She just gets better with every book. I honestly don't understand math and it was always a bone of contention way back when I was in high school, but I might have done better with a teacher like her. I'm not sure what the biggest draw is for me: Excellent mysteries, or the chance to learn about another incredible mathematician :)

Mr. Spiller: As long as you keep writing these books, I will keep reading them.
Ivy
Ivy rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2012
Deb Courtney
Deb Courtney rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2012
KSue
KSue rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2015
William Stevens
William Stevens rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2016
Bubbles
Bubbles rated it it was amazing
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Jessie Shonts-sjodin
Jessie Shonts-sjodin rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2014
Patricia
Patricia rated it it was ok
Aug 02, 2014
Robert Spiller lives in Colorado Springs with his wife Barbara. Napier's Bones is the fifth in the Bonnie Pinkwater adult cozy mystery series preceded by The Witch of Agnesi, A Calculated Demise, Irrational Numbers, and Radical Equations. A mathematics teacher for thirty-five years, Robert recently retired to write full time.
More about Robert Spiller...

Bonnie Pinkwater Mystery (5 books)
  • The Witch of Agnesi (Bonnie Pinkwater Mystery, #1)
  • A Calculated Demise (Bonnie Pinkwater Mystery, #2)
  • Irrational Numbers (Bonnie Pinkwater mystery, #3)
  • Napier's Bones (Bonnie Pinkwater Mystery, #5)