Start by marking “Sing Along Song” as Want to Read:
Sing Along Song

Sing Along Song

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  16 reviews
No toddler will be able to resist joining in with this toe-tapping, finger-snapping, sing-it-out-loud story! From a robin chirping in the morning, to a lazy dog snoozing on the kitchen floor, to the sound of Daddy's home-at-last footsteps in the evening, the whole day rings with its own kind of music. Lively illustrations of a loving family punctuate a rollicking text wher ...more
Published May 11th 2004 by Viking Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about Sing Along Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sing Along Song

Roy
So enjoyable to read this book aloud.
Toni
My girls and I love this book. The illustrations are gorgeous and inspiring. It's written in a poetic way that allows you to sing the story, which my children loved. It's such a lovely uplifting story about a kid loving life and singing about his day! This is the kind of book I'm drawn to read to my kids.
Meribeth
Repetition and the movement from morning to nightfall frames this charming picture book especially for three-year-olds. Lilting language and lively illustrations beg for re-reading.
Catherine
Nov 13, 2010 Catherine rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone with young children.
Shelves: picture-books
Published 2004.

This is the adorable story of a young boy who finds a song in every part of his daily life. As he encounters the music in various aspects of life his song repeats "I burst out singin'! I just gotta sing along."

Themes include the music (enjoyment) of life, observation, and family relationships.

This is a great predictable read aloud for young children (toddlers to Pre-K). The book could also be used as a model for writing a repeating book with elementary school students.

The illustra
Meg
LOVED this catchy, cheerful rhyming book full of syncopated rhythms. Each time our little narrator hears the songs of the birds, the squirrels, the cat, etc., he says "I burst out singin' - I just GOTTA sing along!"
Angela
While the adorable, bright, rounded, and cheerful illustrations by Pham may be my favorite part of this book, the author is actually JoAnn Early Macken.

I love the bouncy, happy rhythm of the text. The story follows a little boy throughout his day as he sings along with the sounds of his home and neighborhood.
Stephanie
The book ''Sing along song'' was a good book. I read this book durning the PSSA brake, i really enjoyed it. I like the ryhum of the songs and the songs are cool. This is the first childrens book that ive read and its the best so far. I really like this book and i bet many children would too.
Allison
Gorgeous rhythm (it didn't go as well in storytime as I'd hoped, though, but I don't think that's the book's fault), and stunning illustrations. Pham very beautiully conveys the magic and wonder of the everyday -- also really excellently done as the world from a child's point of view.
Hillary
I wish all the words were spelled correctly, but this book is lyrical and filled with familiar anchors of a young child's day -- eating, observing wildlife in the year, greeting parents as they come home, and going to bed.
Quintin Bostic
This is the perfect sing along book for everyone! This book is guaranteed to get any early learner excited and ready to sing and read from the beginning to the end.
Relyn
Oct 15, 2011 Relyn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: teachers, parents, kids
Recommended to Relyn by: Leslye Wilkins
Shelves: lawsonland
This is a wonderful book. It will be great for teaching onomatopoeia, shaping words in writing, rhythm of words and adjectives.
Selby
This is one of my favorite children's books to read to a young one. A lot of fun. Highly recommended.
Shelly Lindsey
This book encourages students to find their "thing" and go with!
Gail
My 20 month old liked it. The pictures are very nice.
Nadia
Sweet rhyming story. Fabulous pictures.
Kristie
Cute book, but best for preschool age.
J-ma
J-ma added it
Jan 26, 2015
Sylvia
Sylvia added it
Nov 16, 2014
J Seman
J Seman marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Danica Midlil
Danica Midlil marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
JoAnn Early Macken is the author of many books for children. She currently lives in Shorewood, Wisconsin.
More about JoAnn Early Macken...
Baby Says "Moo!" Waiting Out the Storm Flip, Float, Fly: Seeds on the Move Building a Road Construction Crews