Your Best Just Got Better: Work Smarter, Think Bigger, Make More

Your Best Just Got Better: Work Smarter, Think Bigger, Make More

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Imagine if your best just got better every single dayIn "Your Best Just Got Better," productivity expert Jason Womack teaches readers that working longer hours doesn't make up for a flawed approach to productivity and performance. Workers need to clarify their habits, build mindset-based strategies, and be proactive. Womack's signature "workplace performance" techniques of...more
Published February 7th 2012 by John Wiley & Sons (first published December 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Your Best Just Got Better, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Best Just Got Better

Jacob
I recently completed reading "Your Best Just Got Better" by Jason Womack. This book is full of golden nuggets of productivity and personal growth. When the author says, Work Smarter, Think Bigger, and Make More; it means that with all seriousness. The book flows together to help readers move through a progressive education designed to take you from the beginning to the end. At the same time each section stands alone to give you actionable insights to make you better at what you do.

Also, Jason's...more
Sergei_kalinin
Книга не очень понравилась :(

Во-первых, ооочень много банальностей, кочующих из книги в книгу по саморазвитию. Книга производит впечатление глубоко вторичной :(

Во-вторых, книга какая-то очень фрагментированная, из "осколков". Такое впечатление, что собраны какие-то посты/заметки из блога и из них как-то слеплена книга.

Автор 6 лет проработал GTD-консультантом у Д.Аллена, поэтому понятно, откуда "ноги растут" у его идей. Но если GTD - довольно стройная и логичная система управления временем и с...more
Jay Oza
Full Disclosure: I received this book from the 12booksgroup.com book club to help with the discussion of the book during the month of February 2013 and provide a book review in several places, including Facebook, Goodreads, Amazon, Twitter, LinkedIn and my web site.

Key Takeaway: I recommend this book (4 out of 5 stars) since it is a practical self-help book that can help anyone get better in their personal and professional life if you follow Jason Womack's advice.

Jason Womack has written a pra...more
Danielle Stevens
I just started reading this book by Jason Womack. It is one of the non-fiction books from my book club 12 Books.

I’ve only begun the Prologue and Introduction. My review covers those areas -

In the Prologue, Womack introduces the concept of an “Ideal Day.” It is, for each person, the perfect day including everything you love to do in the order that you want to do it in. I like the concept of an “Ideal Day” – it is like imagining a dream, then reviewing that dream every day on a path to make it hap...more
Mike Vardy
In an era where we have a ton of info flying our way every single day, Jason Womack offers some actionable and practical tips on making your best even better. Womack offers tips, tricks, and tools that will help you level up your best to be even better.

One of the biggest pieces of advice is Jason's idea of tracking things. I'm a big believer in that, and Jason further cemented that belief by pointing out that it creates awareness -- which can keep you better focussed on your goals and aspiration...more
Ken Montville
The title to this book promises a lot - after all, how can best get better - and it delivers.

It starts off with a prologue that portrays the author's life as an idyllic wonderland of affluence, abundant physical health and a close and intimate relationship with his wife along with work that is both spiritually and intellectually fulfilling. What's not to like? Too good to be true?

It turns out that this prologue is just an example of what Jason Womack is trying to teach in this book that is a cro...more
Judy
I've been a follower of Jason's podcasts for over a year and was so glad when he finally wrote a book that compiles so many of the personal and professional self-management tools he's shared in the past. I credit his book for a lot of positive habits I've introduced into my day recently, especially the habit of writing down the chatter and mental lists cycling in my head that used to cause me so much anxiety and overwhelm.

It's well-organized and has lots of actionable ideas to take away with ju...more
loafingcactus
The book is a good overview to smooth out some of the bumps of common productivity tools and bring the focus back to what the purpose of those tools is. That being said, I wish the author had been more direct in relating to tools developed by others. The author is a former GTD employee and obviously there is a lot of carry over from GTD as well as some winked in criticisms. Likewise Pomodoro. I was sort of irritated to have to guess at all those relationships, and the reader who wasn't familiar...more
Extratijd Johan
Great book - biased I know Jason
Peter Watts
An exceptional personal productivity book. The approach that Jason Womack takes is one that is simple, pragmatic, can be quickly applied, and produces real results.

I'd strongly recommend it.
Rachael Kelly
Through my online book club 12books, I was given the opportunity to read and review this wonderful book by Jason Womack. After reading this book, I can with complete honesty say that this was one of the best personal development books I have ever read. The principle of this book is about evaluating your current habits and activities throughout the day and finding the opportunities where you can increase your productivity.

It was pretty powerful reading that we are given 96 blocks of 15 minutes t...more
Robbie
I downloaded and read the first chapter of this book and was hooked. Even from the first chapter I could tell that this was a book I wanted to read in hard copy format rather than with an e-Reader in order to more fully interact with the book on a physical basis--highlighting, flipping back and forth--as this was information I wanted to put into long term memory. I read it straight through and now want to go back and not only begin to try out many of the exercises, but also to outline the book--...more
Casey Wheeler
I read this book by Jason Womack as the monthly selection of the 12 Books Group with the expectation that I will write a review and post it in several places. This book is about managing your time to be more productive and includes several exercises on building and sustaining workflow habits that will help the reader accomplish the goal of the book. He points out that there are only 96 fifteen minute segments to each day and managing these blocks of time are critical.

The book is divided into thr...more
Vrn
This book is packed with practical, and immediately useful information, suggestions and guidance. I'm familiar with the best known approaches to productivity, and I'm already a GTD fan. But I thought I'd give this book a look and started with just taking a few notes. Then I started actually acting on the suggestions in the book and filled a pretty extensive mind map of various changes I want to make into habits.

I had several important realizations while reading this book. It changed the way I wo...more
Philski
"better" but not "best"
It was a decent read but a lot of the concepts were rehashed ideas from David Allen's "getting things done" except without the structure and philosophy presented in GTD. (Jason was a former employee of Allen). Allen's 'areas of responsibility' loosely became Jason's 'most important things', the '50,000 foot horizon' became the 'perfect day narrative' and other rehashed ideas. The book is different than GTD because it has a heavier focus on time management instead of idea m...more
Erika Wagner
Jason Womack has put together perhaps the most practically compelling books I've read in years. By the time I was halfway through page 1, I already had out a pen and paper and WANTED to use them. The book is stuffed with these sorts of prompts throughout -- practical tidbits that provide just enough momentum to get you into that first baby step, and then the next.

I've had the good fortune to meet Jason, and this book reads authentically in his voice: full of commitment, exuberance, and a genuine...more
Ariana
I loved this book. Maybe it was right timing, right place - I'm ready to face some of the areas of my life and work that I could improve and make some drastic, good changes. Jason Womack provides tons of useful insights and tidbits for helping you improve your best, really. It doesn't feel like a formulaic approach, he provides guidance to illuminate your journey.

I read this book as part of 12 Books, they shared a free, signed copy and I'm writing this review. I also attended a webinar with Wom...more
Joel Ungar
Outstanding book. Womack includes a lot of hands on work. I ultimately decided to put them on hold so I could get an overall sense of the content. Now I'm going to go back and reread, this time doing the assignments.

Things that really hit me: (1) the idea of 5-day experiments to try something; (2) just get started (I've just gotten started on some stuff I've been delaying); and (3) all of Chapter 7.

Jason Womack is approachable by Twitter and email. I also listen to his podcast.

Strongly recommen...more
Sasha Tenodi
This guy knows his job. Will probably read again in a year or so.
Erin Coughlin
This book has good tips and guidance. I felt it was a slow beginning. The middle of the book was fantastic. The end of the book was very repetitive and I found myself skimming through it. I definitely think someone would find this book valuable if they never have had coaching before.
Torry
Amazing book, but what did I expect? Jason gets it and knows how to set you on your path to success. Well worth more than one read... and write in the margins!
Michal
Excellent day-to-day practical principles for productively managing both work and home. For me it was taking GTD 2 steps forward. I highly recommend it.
Leigh
Leigh marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Neha Sharma
Neha Sharma marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Rebecca Choong
Rebecca Choong marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Shaimaa Ramadan
Shaimaa Ramadan marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
12 Books - Author...: Your Best Just Got Better - February 2013 87 102 Mar 29, 2013 05:50AM
Jason has the unique ability to take people as they are and focus their individual abilities to reach their very best. His compassion and empathy, two words not often used in productivity coaching, are immense and those attributes help to propel those he works with in-person, online and through his writings to new heights with little resistance and maximum effectiveness. Jason understands that eac...more
More about Jason W. Womack...
The Promise Doctrine (A Guidebook And System For Consistently Delivering On Your Promises!) (Volume 1) Bonkers About Business Issue 18