Start by marking “Dark Soul Vol. 4 (Dark Soul, #4)” as Want to Read:
Dark Soul Vol. 4 (Dark Soul, #4)

Read eBook

Dark Soul Vol. 4 (Dark Soul #4)

4.1  ·  Rating Details ·  1,201 Ratings  ·  190 Reviews
In "Dark Rival I," the noose tightens around Stefano Marino's neck. While Silvio and Franco are off taking care of the Russian problem, mutiny brews in Stefano's crime family. It soon becomes clear he can trust only one man in his life, but whether he can hold on to Silvio-and what it might cost his marriage-are questions for which he has no answers.

In "Dark Rival II," Sil
Published February 27th 2012 by Riptide Publishing (first published February 25th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Soul Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Soul Vol. 4

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*
Nov 25, 2013 Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* rated it really liked it
Shelves: delicious-m-m

BEST VOLUME SO FAR!

Vol 4 was just what I needed.

Dark
Addictive
Raw
Keen
Seductive
Outstanding
Unique
Lascivious

Donata, I like you. I am not sure what you’re going to do in Vol.5 but I think you did the right thing.

Silvio, I love you! You’re lost and you think you don’t deserve anything good but you do.

Stefano, I know you’re in a complicated situation but you know this means something. No risk, no reward. And you deserve that reward, you know you do.

I am DYING to read Vol. 5. Fingers crossed it will b
Rach  *Feisty kitty*
I KNOW I START ALL THE ALEKSANDR VOINOV BOOK REVIEWS BY SAYING THIS BUT OMFG THAT WAS AMAZING!!

I want to go straight onto the next book. That last sex scene Oh My Life HOT is not the word!! in fact I cannot think of a word to give it justice!

[image error]

Aleksandr Voinov wirtes the hottest sex scenes

COLD SHOWERS DO NOTHING TO RELIEVE THE HEAT!!!

This describes how this book made me feel

THE WHOLE WAY THROUGH!!

Silvio and Stefano create heat and fire enough to burn my inner core

LOVING THIS SE
Sammy Loves Books
This series is Amazing! I can't predict what's coming next!!

The war with the Russian mob has taken a whole new turn. Silvio and Franco are just.. BADASS and EXTREME yet efficient. I am in awe of them. This war just went nuclear! (not literally)

description

Stefano's emotions have reached a boiling point! And his feelings for Silvio have climaxed to "I'm claiming you as mine, and no one else should ever touch you again!"
description

Unfortunatley there is trouble brewing on the home front for Stefano. I am beyond curious
Shelley
Dec 06, 2013 Shelley rated it really liked it
WHOA....that will bloody well teach me to READ THE WARNINGS.

My over exuberance for this series led me to instant one click without checking the synopsis or warnings. YIKES!!! I wasn't expecting THAT!

Silvio you are indeed a very Dark Soul, like black dark. No you are black hole of Calcutta dark!! Dude..you need some flipping therapy.
But then you might just be a boring masochistic killing machine instead, and I couldn't have that.

Again...another shocking, compelling addition by the author with the
It's just me Shelly B
Mar 31, 2013 It's just me Shelly B rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, novella
I just realized I accidentally read these out of order.....and now I want to cry because I already know the ending, so it's ruined for me now:((((. I did not want this series to end.......EVER!!!!!!!!!! .

Emanuela ~plastic duck~
I was very confused at the end of this installment, and that's probably the way it's got to be, since the next will be the last. I had the impression this was transitional, but at the same time I didn't feel completely satisfied with how things ended, because there's nothing not even remotely resolved in Stefano's life. I kept wondering: why did the author created - or even removed - conflicts, but I didn't really feel the story going somewhere?

While I was pondering this deep - I was going to sa
Johanna
Feb 26, 2012 Johanna rated it it was amazing
WARNING: THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS!

I just finished reading Dark Soul Vol. 4 and I'm still enjoying the euphoria the book left me with. I truly, sincerely loved it. Aleksandr Voinov's writing is wonderful to read: the way he uses his words beautifully and the way he leaves just enough of the story to be found between the lines. It all makes me so happy - even when the things happening in the story are cruel. Weird, huh?!

It was fascinating to witness Stefano's struggle with his feelings toward
Monique ~ Sinfully
Jul 06, 2012 Monique ~ Sinfully rated it it was amazing
This series, is so un-bloody-believably brilliant that I devoured each and every one of the books back to back! I could not put them down.

Because of this I will do a review as a whole on Dark Soul Vol. 5 I have also rated the series as a whole rather than individually.
Christina
Feb 26, 2012 Christina rated it it was amazing
*****Review Contains Spoilers******

Another phenomenal Dark Soul installment! There's so much going on in these 3 short stories, I don't know where to begin. I loved every minute of it. Aleksandr Voinov has such a beautiful way with words which leaves me utterly captivated and always wanting more.

In Dark Soul 4, each story is told from Stefano's POV. Stefano is a complete mess. He's struggling with his feelings and doesn't know how to deal with any of them.

In Dark Rival I, we see the beginning
Aiko
This successfully have me reduced to a blabbering mess of gush.

I was somewhat apprehensive to where this story would take us after I read vol.3 and the story Dark Brother. But my limits that I so reluctantly stepped over when reading that, was nowhere in sight when it came to Franco and Silvio's interactions in this one. I ached for the brothers.

These short pages is loaded with sentences, and even single words, that is so beautifully put together that they have the impact of punches or the thri
Lena♥Ribka
Oct 03, 2013 Lena♥Ribka rated it it was amazing
Shelves: aleksandr-voinov
4,8 stars

Love it...Simply love it...

It was for me like a five-course meal in a starred restaurant.

With a star cuisine Aleksandr Voinov.

A first-class flavor experience.

Exquisite.

Lauraadriana
Is it just me, or do we agree that Puccinni would have been ALL OVER Silvio and Stefano? Because HOLY Italian HIGH DRAMA this a fucking OPERA!

This fourth 'aria' of Dark Soul was a bit less all consuming for me than the first three. Not that it was any less awesome, not at all. Just the turn in the story put me in a space where only knowing IT ALL can make it okay at this point. Which only just reaffirms that this arc rocks.

Dark Rival I
In this scene Stefano is back at the table with the capos. Th
Anna  (Bananas!)
Dec 16, 2012 Anna (Bananas!) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, bisexual, lgbtq
He kissed down to the "anima nera" tattooed across Silvio's chest...
Silvio seemed way too precious now to leave him to any stranger, let alone two or four, or anybody else. If he'd been able to, he'd have washed the traces of every touch away. Carved all hurt, pain, resentment, disappointment, and failure out of his soul and burned it.
-This is why I'm reading. This is the emotion I want in a book.
Susan
Dec 06, 2013 Susan rated it really liked it

Comments on Vol 4, not a review:

I need someone to hold me and tell me everything's gonna be ok.

I feel a little like Alice in Wonderland or Dorothy in Oz...I've woken up in a completely foreign WORLD and I don't know what to make of it all.

I'm tired of using the word "twisted", because I feel less and less that it's negative and more just...not w/in my realm of understanding. Silvio. Stefano. Franco. WTF-o?

*sigh*. I'm trying to prepare myself for the inevitable disappointment that not all stories
Steph
Jan 23, 2014 Steph rated it really liked it
This might be my favourite so far.
So many things I loved about it.

I hate that poor Donata is being hurt now. She hasn't done anything wrong, but she's losing her husband regardless :(

I am glad that Franco is gone. I feel so sorry for him, but being around Silvio (physically) is not good for him. He needs to find another way to heal.

Finally seeing Stefano succumb to Silvio was amazing. He's been trying so damn hard to hold it together, but his life is falling apart.
He needs Silvio. Needs to
Darkm
Feb 26, 2012 Darkm rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, favorites
In Dark Soul 4 (view spoiler)

While the story unfolds, what captured my attention the most are obviously the strong characters that populate this world. Franco, the silent brother, the one that (view spoiler)
Tara♥
So the shit really hits the fan in Volume 4 and I have to say I was grateful that Silvio and Franco were off page together. What I would of liked though is Silvio's POV for the jobs that he and Franco carried out. Seems I like mindless violence. See Aleksandr Voinov is helping me learn all sorts of interesting things about myself.

Really starting to get a better understanding of Silvio in this and I've got to say I'm lost for Stefano now, he does not make excuses and knows his weaknesses and he
Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog
Jan 15, 2013 Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: m-m, gay, assassin, thriller, mafia, mafioso
~~~

No Spoilers - just quotes

All this was too bizarre for words.

In this penultimate book in the series things are really coming to a head. Literally, Stephano is pushed to the brink from so many directions that you feel he is about to lose it at any moment. Voinov keeps an edge of discomfort running through this story and that tension is thrilling.

"Tell me to leave."
The barracuda's closing in for the kill.
"I wouldn't mean it."

No one and nothing is pushing Stephano harder or further than hims
Bev
Mar 29, 2013 Bev rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, violence

Another Dark Soul, another 4.5 stars....this series is really hotting up

I don't like you Augusto, and I don't care who knows it!! So what if you get 'taken care of', you're a nasty piece of work. Unfortunately, I fear we may not have heard the last of you.

Franco and Silvio deal with the remaining Russians at the funeral of the ones they'd previously 'taken out'. Franco decides he doesn't like relying so much on other people and gets out of Dodge (but obviously not on a horse), so things are lef
Barbara
Oct 02, 2013 Barbara rated it it was amazing
Lenore
Shit. I just noticed the cover. Does anyone die? That thing looks too much like a casket. Plus why would someone hold a rose like that?

---------------------

26 February 2012

Franco behind the lines. Donata starting a frontal attack. Silvio and Stefano holding their fragile ground, even making some progress, but at what cost?
I have a feeling of impending doom.
Gina
Jul 12, 2013 Gina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, m-m
Ok apparently I like dark and twisted characters! I love this series! OMG!
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
4.5 Conflicted with Love and Desire Stars

photo PicsArt_1434420544128_zpsoeihvdum.jpg

Stefano is battling himself and the balance his life once had. He loves his wife but can't help the possessive need and want he has for Silvio.

The undeniable attraction Stefano and Silvio have is beyond what either of them can fight off.

photo d55e4ca575b32b694cb9455cfa86684c_zpsyzggixpj.jpg

They don't fight their feelings for each very well. Why stop what feels so right.

But Stefano is not doing well hiding his feelings any longer. His wife has picked up all the clues Stefano didn't know he was leavin
Silkeeeeee
Dec 12, 2012 Silkeeeeee rated it really liked it
This installment is on the sweet side. Silvio and Stefano seemed to be more in love than in lust.
Isabel
Aug 21, 2013 Isabel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica, m-m, favorite-mm
OMG!!! I don't want this series to end...
Laci
Dec 28, 2012 Laci rated it it was amazing
Shelves: holy-hotness
Finally, but it was worth the wait!!!!!
Meli Mel *Ty and Zane's Creeper*
4.5 Stars ***Review for Complete Series***

WOW this was REALLY good.

Stefano is a mafia boss who is having a turf war with the Russians. He needs help and Silvio Spadaro is a hired hitman sent to him to help him with that problem. Stefano finds himself desiring Silvio even though he is happily married and loves his wife Donata. But going against his urges becomes too difficult and he doesn't want to let Silvio or Donata go.

Once I started I seriously couldn't put it down. I found myself utterly int
JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
~SWEET BABY JESUS ~ITS ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!!! Yup, that's all you need to know about book 4 ;-)

KPhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Em
Dec 16, 2012 Em rated it it was amazing
I can't believe there is only one book left to go, I need at least a few more and can't see how things are going to get resolved in just one more book?

'What if it does mean something' Oooh please let it mean something!

Is it unrealistic wanting a HEA for Silvio and Stefano!
Mar 06, 2012 Laura rated it it was amazing
Who do I have to kill? Come on, come on give me a name! Who do I have to kill to get part five right now!?!! Hehe…

Can’t wait!
Group Read of DS series 42 39 Apr 05, 2012 08:00AM
  • Take It Off (Market Garden, #2)
  • Control (The Administration, #4)
  • The Interludes (In the Company of Shadows, #3)
  • The Flesh Cartel #6: Brotherhood
  • Country Mouse (Country Mouse, #1)
  • The Island

Dark Soul (5 books)
  • Dark Soul Vol. 1 (Dark Soul, #1)
  • Dark Soul Vol. 2 (Dark Soul, #2)
  • Dark Soul Vol. 3 (Dark Soul, #3)
  • Dark Soul Vol. 5 (Dark Soul, #5)

“What do you want from me?"
"Own up to it. I can live with a cheater, but not with a coward.”
44 likes