The Change Maker: Preserving the Promise of America

The Change Maker: Preserving the Promise of America

2.2 of 5 stars 2.20  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Entertaining, fast-paced, instructional, The Change Maker is not only a memoir, but a blueprint for how we can change our own lives, as well as the world around us, by providing personal lessons in the values of strategic thinking and responsible leadership. Through compelling true stories, both humorous and serious, Al Checchi demonstrates that through experience, vision,...more
Published August 30th 2011 by Open Road Media

To ask other readers questions about The Change Maker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Change Maker

Beverly
The author chronicles the rise where his creativity, strategic thinking, and negotiating skills helped transform three major American institutions, Marriott Corporation, Walt Disney, and Northwest Airlines, and led him to challenge the California political establishment as a candidate for governor. Self serving novel with only opinions and not many facts.
Amanda Eckler
Yikes! I thought this would share some insight and tips on leadership and strategy, but from what I could gather the recommendation is "everything would be better if Al Checchi were in charge." There are a few nuggets of wisdom sprinkled in there, but this is mostly an opportunity for Checchi to name-drop (especially names of those he perceives as screw-ups) and brag.
Jim Drake
After finishing the first four chapters, I found myself wondering why I bought this book in the first place. I can't remember. And since I just finished a time management book, I feel convicted to not waste any more time on it.
Clare Cannon
A political autobiography that I couldn't relate to - I'm not the intended audience.
Alianas
Alianas marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Jeana Rock
Jeana Rock marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Amanda Moon
Amanda Moon marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
estar*
estar* marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Jen Labruzza
Jen Labruzza marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Cyndy
Cyndy marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Charles Beckwith
Charles Beckwith marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Ed
Ed marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Dave Stockton
Dave Stockton marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Betsy
Betsy marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2013
Larry Fabulous
Larry Fabulous marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2013
Cat
Cat marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2013
Monique
Monique marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2013
Todd Coates
Todd Coates marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2013
Jeremy
Jeremy marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2013
Rovelt
Rovelt marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2013
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2013
Dojin
Dojin added it
Apr 08, 2013
Mia
Mia added it
Jan 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Change Maker: Preserving the Promise of America The Change Maker: Preserving the Promise of America Change Places: Taking the Road Less Travelled