Start by marking “Fate Succumbs (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Fate Succumbs (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #3)

Fate Succumbs (Timber Wolves Trilogy #3)

4.23  ·  Rating Details ·  4,428 Ratings  ·  332 Reviews
Having narrowly escaped an unjust death sentence, Scout Donovan is on the run. But the more she discovers about the Alpha Pack and herself, the more she realizes she can’t run forever. Destiny is propelling her towards an unavoidable battle. Can Scout survive, or will she finally succumb to fate?
Published September 9th 2012 by Tammy Blackwell (first published September 8th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Fate Succumbs, please sign up.

Shrabani Pattnaik
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Lisa
Sep 30, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-reads
FREAKING BRILLIANT!!!!

I'm going to express my feelings about Fate Succumbs by Tammy Blackwell without giving anything away. Trust me, this book deserves to be read without any spoilers. I don't want to be the one that ruins the whirlwind of twists that Ms. Blackwell throws at the reader. Sooooooo........

Ok, so for most of the book, I was:

description

There were also parts of the book that left me:

I was left wondering:

description

In the end, I was simply:

description

Bravo Ms. Blackwell, bravo!

description

Seriously people, read this series. It'
Tammy Blackwell
Sep 10, 2012 Tammy Blackwell added it  ·  (Review from the author)
A book! By me! With no cliff-hanger ending!
Samantha Young
Tammy, you knocked it out of the park! Need more exclamation marks… out of the park!!!!
Fate Succumbs is an engrossing, fast-paced, cleverly tied-up finale to a wonderful trilogy. In fact, it’s my favorite book of the three. After receiving the book as an e-arc, I thought I’d take a wee nose at it before I started work for the day. Well… that wee nose turned into me devouring the entire book in hours. As we catch up with Scout and Liam after his rescue of her in book two, we journey into a road-t
Amy
Jan 25, 2013 Amy rated it liked it
Please publish soon! I need to read this book. Love the timber wolves series.
Darkphoenix
Sep 22, 2012 Darkphoenix rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOD!!! Its finally over and I am absolutely miserable. I was hooked to Scout’s story from the 1st page of the 1st book and Ms. Blackwell doesn’t disappoint in the finale. I tried to put off reading this book for as long as I could but then I finally caved. Even then I tried to make it last by reading it as slowly as was possible but then that was never going to work, not with the way the narrative progresses. You can’t help but get sucked in; I couldn’t wait to find out what happened next. ...more
Sylvia
This book literally had me laughing out loud at every moment and crying at the moments that counted. The story continues on exactly where Time Mends ended, throwing Scout right into her destiny, with her grey wolf by her side. That grey wolf being Liam, Alex's older brother, and Mr Don't-Mess-With-Me-Or-I-Will-Grab-You-By-The-Throat-ALPHA...or just plan RAWR to me!! Don't get me wrong, I love Alex, but Liam is just what the doctor ordered...fill my script, I need to be medicated *wink wink*

The
Book Pusher
Sep 12, 2012 Book Pusher rated it it was amazing
AHHH!!! Cannot believe this series has ended.
The final book in this series is UHMAZING!!
I am loving TAMMY BLACKWELL and will definitely read anything she writes!!
This is definitely a series I recommend. Scout Donovan has become one of my favorite characters. She is so sarcastic and fun and I just love her!
I was fortunate enough to receive an advanced copy of this book (It releases next week) THANK YOU TAMMY and I literally could not put it down.
Let me just say that I loved the direction this ser
Leslie Mitchell
Aug 07, 2012 Leslie Mitchell rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get to read an advanced copy of this book within the last week and may I just say that you are all in for a fantastic ride. I wish I could tell you all about it BUT, I can't... and I won't... All I can tell you is "enjoy"...

Jane Stewart
Not good story telling. Not good development of the plot.

Some things annoyed me. For example, someone dies and then visits Scout in her dreams. More than once Scout asks a question about life after death and the visitor says if he reveals too much his ability to visit Scout will be revoked. Similarly when Scout asks a question of Joshua, he says it isn’t for you to know. The result: mystery or questions that don’t get answered.

Example of weak development. Scout is wearing a wig as a disguise. Sh
D
Sep 17, 2012 D rated it really liked it
I'm always intrigued by people rating books before they are published. You could argue that they may have ARCs but I feel like that only applies 5% of the time.
J.J.
Sep 14, 2012 J.J. rated it liked it
Ugh, I hate to give this book three stars because everyone else rated it so highly but I'm not sure I could justify four stars. I liked this book and I like Tammy's writing. I will continue to read her books as I think she's a great storyteller. What caught me in this book is that things just happened kind of quickly and I was often left with the feeling, "Uh, did I miss something?!" I felt this way with the Liam situation, the Alpha fight, etc. I wanted more details/description/depth and ...more
Sydney Horan
Aug 12, 2012 Sydney Horan marked it as to-read
I can't wait! This entire series has been great so far!

Witchmetal
Mar 03, 2016 Witchmetal rated it really liked it
I really really enjoyed this series.
Nicole
Mar 18, 2014 Nicole rated it it was amazing
5 STARS

Reading is like a road trip. On some, the journey is boring but the end destination makes it worth it. Others start out fun and exciting but by the tenth game of I Spy/20 Questions you’re willing to hitchhike just to get away from your co-passengers. And then there are the ones you want to do over and over and over again. This book is the kind I want to read over and over again.

I love Tammy Blackwall for a crap ton of reasons – for giving me Scout and Jase and Charlie and Alex and Liam;
Sep 30, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult, paranormal
I'm still reeling over the fact this series is actually over, and giddy with the thought of a brand new series coming in 2013, set within the same world. Tammy Blackwell you're my American Idol! Now on to serious thoughts. I was more than happy with the outcome of what quickly became my favorite of the Timber Wolves trilogy. Liam was the most compelling of all male hottie characters in book one for me, and more than lived up to my expectations in three. Scout became exactly who she needed to be. ...more
Jada Hope
Nov 05, 2012 Jada Hope rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Wolf fans!
Recommended to Jada by: my daughter
Shelves: wolf-books
I've been impatiently waiting for the third book of the Timber Wolves Trilogy to "hit" the shelves. Yesterday I clicked on Buy with 1-click and devoured the book in basically one sitting.

The last book of a series is always hard. Saying goodbye to characters you have become invested in is bittersweet.

(view spoiler)
Nic
Apr 03, 2013 Nic rated it it was amazing
Shelves: worth-a-reread
****Re-read 2013
I give a 15 stars to this series.

*****SPOILERS***** DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW. I WILL SPOIL IT FOR YOU.

I started this series yesterday and finished the last book a few minutes ago.
omw.
Omw.
OMw.
OMW!!!!!!!!!

I have to say, when I started reading, I did like Alex and Charlie. Between those two, I couldn't decide who Scout should choose. I didn't really feel a connection with either, you know when you really, really start thinking them as a real person.
But then Alex died...
Erika
Sep 14, 2012 Erika rated it really liked it
After finishing up the series I am surprised to say overall I like the series. I liked the main character and found myself laughing at the ridiculous comments she would make. But after the end of the first book I thought I was gonna pull my hair out after what happen to Alex. I was having one of the moments where I'm saying to myself "oh man, how am I so upset about someone who isn't real!" But man I liked Alex.
Of course in the third book I was happy at who she ended up with. I could of used a
Jean
Sep 16, 2012 Jean rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Fantastic! So sad to say goodbye to Scout and company. It was an emotional roller coaster for me. Fortunately, I didn't read this one in public, because I would have looked quite strange laughing out loud one minute and then sobbing the next. (Seriously, it's good.)

I love Ms. Blackwell's sense of humor. She's also really good at slipping in geek/cultural references without taking anything away from the main story. Never once in the three books was I able to predict what was going to h
Christyn (The Book Cafe)
Sep 10, 2012 Christyn (The Book Cafe) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I absolutely loved this book. It is definitely my favorite out of the trilogy. I will admit that I was a little nervous about how everything would turn out after Alex's death and with (view spoiler) but I shouldn't have feared, it was done beautifully. Scout grew into herself and her role wonderfully in this book and the ending was awesome. I couldn't have asked for a better finale. Oh and PS- Tammy thanks for the River Tam referenc ...more
Courtney
Sep 11, 2012 Courtney rated it it was amazing
When is this book coming out?? Im dying over here ugh
Erin
Sep 23, 2012 Erin rated it really liked it
Can't believe the series is done! I read Destiny Binds ages ago and came back to this series just recently, so I feel like I've had Scout and her gang on my mind for quite some time now. I was swooning and then nursing a broken heart after Destiny Binds, I cheered on a bad-ass Scout and got wrapped up in suspense of Time Mends, and with Fate Succumbs I feel like the characters have come full-circle and moved beyond the life they once had to a completely new adventure. While I will always be ...more
Nikki
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

I don't think I'm going to be able to write a very thoughtful review, so let's do some bullet points, shall we? I have to give this series HUGE props for the following:

- Awesome, awesome, AWESOME female lead and narrator. Seriously, Scout is now a favorite.

- The characters. Yes, Scout is a prime example, but just... all of them. This is character development done right, and you can tell the author cared a lot about her characters. Everyone changes because of the situation
Suzanne
Dec 30, 2013 Suzanne rated it it was amazing
An absolutely fantastic series. Great characters, great plot, great romance and werewolves, always a plus for me.

Scout is an awesome mc. I loved her after just a few pages, and she just got better throughout the book, her character grew so much. She looks odd. She has white, white blonde hair, extremely pale skin and eyes the colour of ice chips, which gets her a lot of negative attention. But this doesn't bother her, she takes it all in her stride and gets on with it. She's snarky and sarcasti
Paris
Holy cow. I didn’t think that this series could get any better than the first two books, but then this one blew them out of the water. There are so many amazing things that happen in this book that I could not put it down, bedtime be damned. In the span of three books, Scout went from a young girl completely ignorant to the world around her to a serious kick ass heroine. She was still unsure about things, but for the most part she took charge and stood her ground.

I loved the development of Liam.
Tracy
Jun 22, 2013 Tracy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wolves-shifters
Hmm should i say WOW again, i rarely give 5 stars (ok ive just looked through my 'read list' and now feel a few years ago i did give out the 5stars much to easily :-( how ive changed in my reading world lol its much harder for books to achieve 5stars off me now) but i have for this book because it had me so involved :-)
It has got to be the first book EVER that nearly had me in tears when Scout had to make her choice :-( it was really pulling at my heart strings and i really felt for Scout having
Tammy
Sep 29, 2012 Tammy rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this series!!!!! This is one of my all time favorite series!! If you plan on reading it you have to read it in order and start with Destiny Binds first.
What I loved most about the book was the main charcter Scout. Her and Liam really made this last book complete. Scout was so funny with all her witt and one liners and not backing down from Liam and all the baggage he had to carry around. I found myself many times laughing out loud in this book. This whole series was such a pl
Nancy
I love it.

This book was bittersweet. It was an awesome conclusion to an amazing trilogy. I wish this book went on forever. I could never get tired of these characters.

I cried. Yeah, and I'm not ashamed to say it. I just loved it so much.

This book had me laughing out loud one minute, grinning like an idiot the next. Then balling my eyes out 5 minutes later. I can honestly say this is one of my favorite trilogies. And my fave book out of the three. It helped mend my heart. It left me content.

Tho
Beth
Sep 20, 2012 Beth rated it it was amazing
Fate Succumbs is the conclusion of the Timber Wolves Trilogy.

Scout Donovan with the help of Liam (Alex’s older brother) is now on the run from the Alpha pack. They have ordered her death and she uncovers an evil plot that has been perpetrated by the Alpha female for over 2000 years. The Alpha pack is killing off all female shifters. It is blatant genocide of the female shifters due to an ancient belief and they must be stopped.

Fate Succumbs has it all …action packed, funny, deeply emotional, lo
Sara
Sep 11, 2012 Sara rated it it was amazing
LOVeD IT!!

This was a great conclusion to the Timber Wolves Trilogy! Sometimes shifter books are kind of creepy to me, but this one is one of the best I have read! Tammy Blackwell is an amazing author that will always be one of my favorite.

This is, of course, still told from Scout's point of view. I just love Scout. Her thoughts and the things she says just crack me up, and I was laughing throughout the book. She is one of my favorite characters ever. And her banter with the wonderful hottie know
  • Blood Bond (Dirty Blood, #3)
  • Blood Solstice (The Tale of Lunarmorte, #3)
  • Kindred (The Darkwoods Trilogy, #2)
  • Pride Unleashed (A Wolf's Pride, #2)
  • The Rise (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #3)
  • Blood Moon (Howl #2)
  • Just One Drop (The Grey Wolves, #3)
  • Forget Me Not (Mystic Wolves, #2)
  • Clarity (Cursed, #2)
  • Blood Moon (Silver Moon, #3)
  • Endless Magic (Star-Crossed, #4)
Reader. Librarian. Writer. Whedon fan.
More about Tammy Blackwell...

Timber Wolves Trilogy (4 books)
  • Destiny Binds (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #1)
  • Time Mends (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #2)
  • All We See & Seem (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #3.6)

“I've got everything ready to go," I said once he was finally awake and dressed.
All the tenderness and vulnerability was gone from his face when he said, "Go where?"
"America?"
His eyes narrowed. "This is America."
"This is Canada."
"Which is in North America."
Silly Canadians wanting be part of the Cool Kids Club.”
21 likes
“I'm really feeling more like a Harry Potter to your Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger."
"Harry Potter? Someone is awful full of themselves."
"And this way Charlie can be always-loyal and cooler than cool Neville Longbottom, and Liam gets to be Sirius."

Jase shook his head. "Sirius dies."
"Lupin?"
"Also dies."
"A Weasley twin?"
"Liam isn't that funny, and Fred dies."

I searched over the entire cast of Harry Potter. "All the cool people die.”
16 likes