Waiting for You (Landry, #3)

Waiting for You (Landry #3)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  925 ratings  ·  45 reviews

For Jake Landry, Erin Shaw was always off-limits--too young, too innocent, and his kid sister's best friend. Home now after a decade of military service, Jake finds Erin all grown up...but she's still off-limits. War has left him with scars invisible to anyone but him, and a relationship is the last thing he's looking for.

As a teenager, Erin had a hopeless crush on her fri...more
Published January 1st 2012 by Abigail Strom

Saly
I think I liked this book the least in the series, the writing was good but the romance was lack-lustre somehow. For most of the book the h/H aren't even together and I just didn't feel the hero much, he didn't seem great at all, not that he was bad, what I am trying to say is, he never felt like a hero.

So, the story is the heroine has always had a crush on the hero and then he comes back changed after he left the army, he seems empty and tries to avoid his family. Things heat up between them on...more
 ✿Alyssa✿
To sum it up: For Jake Landry, Erin Shaw was always off-limits... too young, too innocent, and his kid sister's best friend. Home now after a decade of military service, Jake finds Erin all grown up- But she's still off-limits. War has left him with scars invisible to anyone but him, and a relationship is the last thing he's looking for. As a teenager, Erin had a hopeless crush on her friend's big brother. Now that she's an adult, she thinks she's put all that behind her. But when she sees Jake...more
Joy (joyous reads)
This book follows the story of Jake, an ex-military man who'd been through so much, seen so much that he's convinced there's nothing left of him to give; no love, no kindness, no heart. Erin had known him since they were kids, and for as long as she could remember, she'd harboured feelings from him that had nothing to do with brotherly love. When they finally meet up again, the chemistry between them was truly undeniable. Erin knew at once that there was an intense pain lurking behind Jake's eye...more
Meredith
I enjoyed all three books about the Landry family, but Waiting for You is my favorite. It’s subtle and lovely, with beautifully drawn characters and piercing emotion (and an awesome build of sexual tension:).

I fell in love with Jake and Erin. They’re so real, so decent, so determined to do the right thing even as they struggle to figure out what that is. I read a review of the movie Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist that talked about the main characters’ “luminous goodness”, and I thought of t...more
Lindsay
I have a real soft spot for military and former military heroes, and my heart just about broke for Jake and what he went through.

I think one of the things I liked best about this book is Erin trying to move on with her life after Jake told her he wasn’t interested. I’m not a huge fan of the hero or heroine jumping from one partner to another (and that didn’t really happen here) but I liked seeing Erin go on dates, and I especially like Jake’s reaction to seeing her go on dates. The reader gets...more
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
When I started Waiting For You I didn't realize it was actually the third book in a series, thankfully I didn't need to read the first two to have this one make sense. All three books center around the Landry family but each one can read as a stand alone book.

This is (obviously) my first book by Storm and I absolutely loved it.

I hate to say it but sometimes you just never know what you will be getting when you pick up an indie book and thankfully this one was fabulous.

It was very well written...more
Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS AT READING, EATING & DREAMING

I love stories where the heroine gets together with a longtime crush. I also love stories where the heroine gets together with one of her best friend’s older brothers/older brother’s best friend. I also love stories that have a tortured/damaged hero. Waiting for You by Abigail Strom had all three.

I really enjoyed this story. It’s romantic and humorous. There were a few things that I thought were a little clichéd, but Abigail Strom...more
I would actually give this book a 3.5 if possible. I liked it, but I thought the ending/conclusion was rushed.

Spoiler:
It seemed that the story went from Thanksgiving when they made love for the second time and Erin tells Jake she loves him, to putting up a Christmas tree and Jake proposing/Erin refusing, to Valentine's Day and their baby being born. And suddenly Jake realizes that he really does love Erin and voila a happy family. I would have like to see more development of their relationship d...more
Cloudy
Abigail Strom
Waiting for you
English E book

It was her 16th birthday and her first kiss as a teenager. Erin Shaw still remembers how she fell in love with the boy who gave it to her, Jake Landry. But Jake left the next day for joining the Army and she never saw him again. Now, 11 years later, she happens to meet Jake on her friend`s wedding and still feels really attracted to him. But Jake apparently has changed a lot. After spending years between the war lines he feels empty and numb inside and n...more
Susan
This book follows the story of Jake, an ex-military man who'd been through so much, seen so much that he's convinced there's nothing left of him to give; no love, no kindness, no heart. Erin had known him since they were kids, and for as long as she could remember, she'd harboured feelings from him that had nothing to do with brotherly love. When they finally meet up again, the chemistry between them was truly undeniable. Waiting For You was a good, realistic, romantic read that would give you a...more
Vanessa Evans
Aditya /
another great Strom book. She always tries to tackle something,, such as alcoholism etc. this time it was a veteran with guilt and PTSD, and I like how she did it overall. there were also some great pieces of writing in this. National author level.
I didn't really feel like there was much character development in this book. It skips ahead too often without giving many details of what Erin and jake went through to get to that point. It completely skipped over most of the first few months of Erin's pregnancy and how she dealt with it on her own and I feel like the was too important to the plot to just skip over it. Overall it was a good concept but I think it fell flat.
Marran
I liked the book it was a sweet romance not without angst but it was believable angst...I don't know any war veterans but I can imagine that relationships aren't easy when you have seen what these guys have seen and lived in this kind of emotions and environment some for many years.

it was however a bit to rushed at the end...thanksgiving became Christmas and then it was valentines day....and oops the end....hmmppffhh
Hope Frost
Waiting for you was a cute story of a past love come to fruition, relationship complications, and long lasting friendships. You could feel the pain that Jake was going through thinking of his war buddy Dan and his family, you could also feel the love that Erin was trying to give him to help him heal. I liked this story, but I found some of the thought sequences a bit wordy and over done.
Stephanie Troxell
The book was slow and not much romance or lead up to their love. Jake suffers from PTSD and Erin has always had a crush on him. After ten years he returns very broken. Erin won't give up on love but has to struggle with jake overcoming his fears, learning what love is and a surprise. I wished there was more to their romance. This is a great story for those with PTSD and spouses of them.
Lindsey
Ugh!!! The first half was sooooo sweet so cute. Loved it.... Then be left for six. Onths and didn't call her?? I totally loved that she wouldn't marry him.... But I felt the last 100 pages were so rushed. Thanksgiving then Christmas then a baby.... How did he know he loved her???? That happened in the last 2 pages!? It bugged me.... It had sooo much potential and then tanked!!'
Sharon
One of the Best books I have ever read!! I finished it in 2 days and had a very hard time putting it down. The story grabs at the very core of your emotions and makes you feel what they are feeling. I absolutely dreaded for it to end..please give us more books like this one!! LOVED IT!! Thank you!!
Courtney
I was so disappointed when it ended, because I loved it so much! The characters were rich and complex and relatable. It was relevant and romantic and the end really made me swoon. The sex scenes were perfect, intense, passionate, and emotional.

I will definitely be reading more from this author.
Amz_Bookz_Junkie_4EvEr
I thought this book was a great way to show how someone can be so scared to love other but in the end it always shows. No matter what, theirs no point hiding it or denying it.
The writing was great in this book.
The loved the story line and the plot, just a great book <3
J.B. Stockings
Well written, but there's really no story beyond the relationship. Oh, there could be-- the guy has PTSD, but instead of dealing with that, the author sent him away for six months. Good characters that went through changes that we weren't allowed to see. Too bad.
Janeia
I enjoyed every word and page of this book. The leading lady was believable and likable not weak and whiny. Jake was a great mix of bad boy and boy next door. I'll be checking out more from this author...can't wait to read more.
Debbie Hendricks
Enjoyable quick romantic read. Exactly what I was looking for. Read in less than a day. Really grabbed my attention. Looking forward to reading more by this author...
Lisa
What an emotion packed book! Erin is an amazing woman, strong, smart and sex, and all she wants is Jake's while heart! I was so sad to get to the end...I want more!
Teresa
This was a great, quick read. The characters were developed beautifully and I could feel the tension between Jake and Erin!
Tracy
What a great series! This book was so sweet, I loved it!! Great characters and true life situations.
Wendy Jones
Great story, lots of emotion and sexual tension. Read it in 3 days. Will definitely read more by this author.
Amy
It was fine. A little too perfectly bow-tied at the end, but I wasn't expecting anything less!
Gina
Enjoyable story -- kind of drug out and a tad bit annoying going back and forth - but good ending.
Charuta Joshi
My latest escapism..frothy romance novels. This one provided a very welcome respite!
  • Sweet on You (Laurel Heights, #6)
  • Just My Type (Bradfords, #3)
  • A Modern Love Story
  • I Only Have Eyes for You (The Sullivans, #4)
  • Wild Obsession (Wild Series, #1)
  • Suddenly You
  • Jocelyn's Choice
  • Racing Outside the Line (A Love Story at 190 mph #1)
  • With Me
  • Advertising for Love
  • His Secret Temptation
  • Her Master Defender (Masters Men, #1)
  • Let Me Call You Sweetheart
  • The Spanish Billionaire's Hired Bride
  • The Substitute
  • Finally Home
  • Chance for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #10.5)
  • Heartsight
Abigail Strom started writing stories at the age of seven and has never been able to stop. She lives in New England with her family, who are incredibly supportive of the hours she spends hunched over her computer. She loves to hear from readers and can be reached at abigail@abigailstrom.com.

Like all writers I'm a reader, too, and that's why I'm on Goodreads. I read everything, but especially roman...more
More about Abigail Strom...
Cross My Heart (Landry, #2) The Millionaire's Wish (Landry, #1) Into Your Arms (Landry, #4) Winning the Right Brother (Silhouette Special Editions, #2046) Almost Like Love