Start by marking “Waiting for You (Landry, #3)” as Want to Read:
Waiting for You (Landry, #3)

Waiting for You (Landry #3)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  1,111 ratings  ·  58 reviews
For Jake Landry, Erin Shaw was always off-limits--too young, too innocent, and his kid sister's best friend. Home now after a decade of military service, Jake finds Erin all grown up--but she's still off-limits. War has left him with scars invisible to anyone but him, and a relationship is the last thing he's looking for.

As a teenager, Erin had a hopeless crush on her frie
Published January 1st 2012 by Abigail Strom

To ask other readers questions about Waiting for You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waiting for You

Saly
I think I liked this book the least in the series, the writing was good but the romance was lack-lustre somehow. For most of the book the h/H aren't even together and I just didn't feel the hero much, he didn't seem great at all, not that he was bad, what I am trying to say is, he never felt like a hero.

So, the story is the heroine has always had a crush on the hero and then he comes back changed after he left the army, he seems empty and tries to avoid his family. Things heat up between them on
 ✿Alyssa✿
To sum it up: For Jake Landry, Erin Shaw was always off-limits... too young, too innocent, and his kid sister's best friend. Home now after a decade of military service, Jake finds Erin all grown up- But she's still off-limits. War has left him with scars invisible to anyone but him, and a relationship is the last thing he's looking for. As a teenager, Erin had a hopeless crush on her friend's big brother. Now that she's an adult, she thinks she's put all that behind her. But when she sees Jake ...more
Angela Cramer
I loved this book! Sweet, funny, sometimes tearful look at love.

Erin Shaw is an independent, strong young woman who has endured a lack of love but has not become cynical. Jake Landry, on the other hand, grew up in a house full of love but a decade of war in deplorable conditions, losing friends he loved, Jake is now not only cynical but suffers from PTSD.

One of the things that I loved was that Abigail Strom made you feel as if you really were Erin. She took me right into Erin's thoughts so that
Joy (joyous reads)
This book follows the story of Jake, an ex-military man who'd been through so much, seen so much that he's convinced there's nothing left of him to give; no love, no kindness, no heart. Erin had known him since they were kids, and for as long as she could remember, she'd harboured feelings from him that had nothing to do with brotherly love. When they finally meet up again, the chemistry between them was truly undeniable. Erin knew at once that there was an intense pain lurking behind Jake's eye ...more
Meredith
I enjoyed all three books about the Landry family, but Waiting for You is my favorite. It’s subtle and lovely, with beautifully drawn characters and piercing emotion (and an awesome build of sexual tension:).

I fell in love with Jake and Erin. They’re so real, so decent, so determined to do the right thing even as they struggle to figure out what that is. I read a review of the movie Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist that talked about the main characters’ “luminous goodness”, and I thought of t
Lindsay
I have a real soft spot for military and former military heroes, and my heart just about broke for Jake and what he went through.

I think one of the things I liked best about this book is Erin trying to move on with her life after Jake told her he wasn’t interested. I’m not a huge fan of the hero or heroine jumping from one partner to another (and that didn’t really happen here) but I liked seeing Erin go on dates, and I especially like Jake’s reaction to seeing her go on dates. The reader gets
Hilda
Even though it was predictable I enjoyed it very much. It was a very quick read and if you like reading about MC with emotional scars, the type of scars that are/aren't visible this book is for you. Especially if he's a hot soldier....yes, please! (view spoiler) ...more
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
When I started Waiting For You I didn't realize it was actually the third book in a series, thankfully I didn't need to read the first two to have this one make sense. All three books center around the Landry family but each one can read as a stand alone book.

This is (obviously) my first book by Storm and I absolutely loved it.

I hate to say it but sometimes you just never know what you will be getting when you pick up an indie book and thankfully this one was fabulous.

It was very well written
Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS AT READING, EATING & DREAMING

I love stories where the heroine gets together with a longtime crush. I also love stories where the heroine gets together with one of her best friend’s older brothers/older brother’s best friend. I also love stories that have a tortured/damaged hero. Waiting for You by Abigail Strom had all three.

I really enjoyed this story. It’s romantic and humorous. There were a few things that I thought were a little clichéd, but Abigail Strom
I would actually give this book a 3.5 if possible. I liked it, but I thought the ending/conclusion was rushed.

Spoiler:
It seemed that the story went from Thanksgiving when they made love for the second time and Erin tells Jake she loves him, to putting up a Christmas tree and Jake proposing/Erin refusing, to Valentine's Day and their baby being born. And suddenly Jake realizes that he really does love Erin and voila a happy family. I would have like to see more development of their relationship d
Cloudy
Abigail Strom
Waiting for you
English E book

It was her 16th birthday and her first kiss as a teenager. Erin Shaw still remembers how she fell in love with the boy who gave it to her, Jake Landry. But Jake left the next day for joining the Army and she never saw him again. Now, 11 years later, she happens to meet Jake on her friend`s wedding and still feels really attracted to him. But Jake apparently has changed a lot. After spending years between the war lines he feels empty and numb inside and n
Anna
This was fun, but I didn't like it as much as the other book I'd recently read by the same author. And there was this one page where I really felt like the author was speaking to me rather than the characters when Beth (I think it was) went on and on about the wonders of ereaders. (No, that point isn't why I docked a star, but it did throw me out of the story.)

However, if I hadn't loved the previous book so much, this one might have been five stars...
April
Jake and Erin. I thought this was a light hearted nice story. Jake has his demons coming back from the war. At his sister's wedding he reconnect with his sister's bestfriend Erin. For the majority of the story they are not together,and I think instead of angtsy build up,it fell flat. Definitely will read more from this Arthur, just didn't care for this story.
Frances Botelho
it hurts to love, but it is so worth it!

it hurts to love, but it is so worth it!

self-reliant Erin has been in love with Jake since her 16th birthday...they renew their friendship at his sisters' wedding, but Jake's time as a soldier in Iraq and Afghanistan left him believing he is too damaged to fall in love...
Wayne Behm
I received a free copy of " Waiting for you " thru goodreads and enjoyed it very much. I wasn't aware that this was the third book of a series, but it worked very well as a stand alone read. I don't usually do love stories, but this one of a sixteen year old girl that gets her first kiss from the boy who then ships off to the army the next day and they get together years later was very easy to get into and the characters were easy to relate to also. This was the first book by Abigail Storm that ...more
Susan
This book follows the story of Jake, an ex-military man who'd been through so much, seen so much that he's convinced there's nothing left of him to give; no love, no kindness, no heart. Erin had known him since they were kids, and for as long as she could remember, she'd harboured feelings from him that had nothing to do with brotherly love. When they finally meet up again, the chemistry between them was truly undeniable. Waiting For You was a good, realistic, romantic read that would give you a ...more
Kim Andrade
Cute, contemporary romance...I really liked it!!
Characters were endearing, story was good...Ending was a little rushed but I
enjoyed it a great deal!!
Will definitely look for more by this author!!
Regina
In return for an honest review, I won a free copy in the giveaway from Goodreads First Reads. Even though it is a short book of 184 pages, I struggled to finish. The two main characters didn't have descriptive qualities that I could connect to in a love story. They "re-connected" in a quick way that was not believable. The whole story seemed rushed to cram all of the romance in a short story, that was really meant for a novel. It just wasn't entertaining. I doubt I would search out this author f ...more
Barbara
I liked this book. Easy to read, not too foolish but a likable book that kept me interested. I wanted to finish it to see how it ended.
Dawn Luneke
I won this book as a goodreads first read and I am really glad I did. Sometimes it is nice to be able to pick up a book and be able to totally get lost in a story, which is what happend. It was an easy, quick read with likeable characters that are easy to relate with. This is the 1st book by Abigail Strom that I have read. I will def be picking up some more of her books.
Vanessa Evans
Aditya /
another great Strom book. She always tries to tackle something,, such as alcoholism etc. this time it was a veteran with guilt and PTSD, and I like how she did it overall. there were also some great pieces of writing in this. National author level.
I didn't really feel like there was much character development in this book. It skips ahead too often without giving many details of what Erin and jake went through to get to that point. It completely skipped over most of the first few months of Erin's pregnancy and how she dealt with it on her own and I feel like the was too important to the plot to just skip over it. Overall it was a good concept but I think it fell flat.
Marran
I liked the book it was a sweet romance not without angst but it was believable angst...I don't know any war veterans but I can imagine that relationships aren't easy when you have seen what these guys have seen and lived in this kind of emotions and environment some for many years.

it was however a bit to rushed at the end...thanksgiving became Christmas and then it was valentines day....and oops the end....hmmppffhh
Hope Frost
Waiting for you was a cute story of a past love come to fruition, relationship complications, and long lasting friendships. You could feel the pain that Jake was going through thinking of his war buddy Dan and his family, you could also feel the love that Erin was trying to give him to help him heal. I liked this story, but I found some of the thought sequences a bit wordy and over done.
Stephanie Troxell
The book was slow and not much romance or lead up to their love. Jake suffers from PTSD and Erin has always had a crush on him. After ten years he returns very broken. Erin won't give up on love but has to struggle with jake overcoming his fears, learning what love is and a surprise. I wished there was more to their romance. This is a great story for those with PTSD and spouses of them.
Lindsey
Ugh!!! The first half was sooooo sweet so cute. Loved it.... Then be left for six. Onths and didn't call her?? I totally loved that she wouldn't marry him.... But I felt the last 100 pages were so rushed. Thanksgiving then Christmas then a baby.... How did he know he loved her???? That happened in the last 2 pages!? It bugged me.... It had sooo much potential and then tanked!!'
Don
I received a free copy of this book from the Goodreads First Reads program in exchange for an honest review. Quick and enjoyable read, loved it.
Sharon
One of the Best books I have ever read!! I finished it in 2 days and had a very hard time putting it down. The story grabs at the very core of your emotions and makes you feel what they are feeling. I absolutely dreaded for it to end..please give us more books like this one!! LOVED IT!! Thank you!!
Courtney
I was so disappointed when it ended, because I loved it so much! The characters were rich and complex and relatable. It was relevant and romantic and the end really made me swoon. The sex scenes were perfect, intense, passionate, and emotional.

I will definitely be reading more from this author.
  • Sweet Gone South (Gone South, #1)
  • Contract with a SEAL (Special Ops: Homefront Book 3)
  • Vanishing Dreams (Devils Bend, #2)
  • Suddenly You
  • Craving Absolution (The Aces, #3)
  • Advertising for Love
  • Just My Type (Bradfords, #3)
  • Because of Lucy (Butterfly Days, #1)
  • Delinquent Daddy (Banks / Kincaid Family, #2)
  • SEALed Forever (SEALed, #4)
  • Wild Obsession (Wild Series, #1)
  • A Modern Love Story
  • More Nights With Kate
  • The Best Man's Baby (Red River, #2)
  • I Only Have Eyes for You (The Sullivans, #4)
  • My Soul to Take (The Holy Trinity, #2)
  • Undeniably Yours (Kowalski Family, #2)
  • Devil's Kiss: Widowmakers MC (Vegas Titans, #4)
Abigail Strom started writing stories at the age of seven and has never been able to stop. She lives in New England with her family, who are incredibly supportive of the hours she spends hunched over her computer. She loves to hear from readers and can be reached at abigail@abigailstrom.com.

Like all writers I'm a reader, too, and that's why I'm on Goodreads. I read everything, but especially roman
More about Abigail Strom...

Landry (4 books)
  • The Millionaire's Wish (Landry, #1)
  • Cross My Heart (Landry, #2)
  • Into Your Arms (Landry, #4)
Cross My Heart (Landry, #2) The Millionaire's Wish (Landry, #1) Almost Like Love Into Your Arms (Landry, #4) Winning the Right Brother (Silhouette Special Editions, #2046)