Wrecked (Wrecked, #1)

Wrecked (Wrecked #1)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  1,188 ratings  ·  147 reviews
If you liked The Breakfast Club and The Swiss Family Robinson, you'll love WRECKED! An ill-fated Caribbean cruise and four teenagers: a nerd, a jock, a mouse, and a beauty queen…an island, a treehouse, some nefarious interlopers…life and death…fear and loathing…love and laughter. Follow Jonathan, Kevin, Candi and Sarah as they find their typical high school lives and their...more
Published (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Wrecked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrecked

Nancy
I'm not sure sure how to begin this review and remain professional... so I'll just be honest. I FUDGING loved this book! (SOOO SOOO MUCH!) It was fantastic! =) I'm so glad that I read it and THANK YOU Elle for sending it to me. It was so good, I can't even wrap my head around how much I loved it.

I loved what the story was about before I even began to read it. It reminded me of the Titanic, if the story were about four teenagers. Once I started reading it I couldn't put it down. I was so fascinat...more
Alice in Readerland
What do you get when four teens from opposite ends of the social spectrum find themselves wrecked on an uninhabited island? Well, if you’re Elle Casey, you get the YA Action/Adventure novel Wrecked.

From being introduced to the four protagonists, to when they’re on the cruise ship, to when they’re in a life boat in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, to their life on the island, and all the way to the satisfying conclusion, Wrecked will keep the reader interested.

The relationships, emotions, a...more
Chloe
OH MY GOD I NEED A SEQUEL BUT THERE ISN'T ONE AND THAT MAKES ME RELIEVED AND SAD AT THE SAME TIME.

*composes self*

Ahem.I loved it. This book intruiged me as I hadn't come across the concept before and was not disappoitned. The adventure was great and the twists and turns kept me on my toes.

The characters are relateable and wonderfully flawed- like all good characters are and the relationships between them are believeable. Casey has a great understanding of teenagers and everything that happens I...more
Dianne
This book was written at a 4th or 5th grade reading level for a "young adult" (meaning teenagers) audience. I thought the plot and character formation were inane and improbable. Knowing that this is for a teen audience, I thought there was an awful lot (and I do mean "awful") of sexual conduct. In the usual way of today's modern novel, there was a set of parents that no one could possible respect, and therefore, a pair of teenagers who had absolutely no love or respect for their parents. This ga...more
Ally
(From my blog, Word Vagabond: Supporting Independent and Small Press Authors.)

Sarah Peterson is appalled at having to go on a cruise with the deeply uncool Buckleys, Candi and Jonathan. Her father is working on some kind of business deal with the Buckley parents, so she and her brother Kevin won’t even be able to ignore them. To top it off, she just caught her boyfriend cheating on her with her best friend! She is so not in the mood for this trip.

The four of them are just starting to figure out...more
Brandon
This book, for lack of a better word, was amazing. From the character intros, to the last page, I was intrigued. Elle clearly understood teens, because all of their motivations and goals were believable; even the way in which they became stranded was believable. I LOVED EVERY aspect of this book. I definitely recommend it, a must-read. The only reason I didn't give it a 5, was because I save 5's for books I have a connection with, but this was a definite 4 1/2.
Michelle ♥ The Romance Vault ♥
Well what can I say that hasn't already been said - nope absolutely nothing..........Elle had me hooked right from the start again, I really love her writing style, there is no prolonged descriptive prose but you can see exactly in you mind the whole story and surroundings. Her visualisation skills are absolutely great, she gets to the point with things without you wanting to skip a few lines whilst waiting for the author to get to the point, she just throws it in here there an everywhere which...more
Amee Termini
I absolutely loved this book!! I am excited to purchase and download her other books! My husband kept on asking me what I was reading because I couldn't put my kindle down!! Please make a sequel!!

Finally a book about REAL teens and not G rated ones!!!
Jason Brant
I don't like to read young adult fiction. Or at least I didn't before I grabbed a copy of Wrecked by Elle Casey.

My mind has officially been changed. Elle can write her butt off. Like I said, I don't generally like YA books, but the characters of Wrecked had me interested right away. I was hooked and couldn't stop reading until I knew what would happen to them. These aren't your typical dumb kids - they're intelligent and witty. Their dialogue had me smiling the entire way through the book. They...more
Amanda Nissen
I got this book free off of Amazon.com and started reading it right away. I did not expect much from it, and was tired, so this seemed like a low keyed book to read. I was wonderfully surprised by how enjoyable the book was. It was a fast read because I had to find out what was going to happen! It was predictable but not at the same time. An excellent YA book and a good adult book also.
My only issue was the end...I like ends to wrap everything up, which I will admit is a personal issue. :) This...more
Casmen Pinto
I have read all of Elle Casey's books and I usually enjoy them. This one was eh. I loved the idea, liked the characters but for one: they all suddenly love each other after this big social class build up? Two: they built an entire home and amenities within a two month period? Three: they were rescued ( which kind of sucks for a sequel, I much preferred they stay on the island.) It was just rushed. Ill read the sequel though bc I love her books but I hope she avoids the one big thing that annoys...more
Kristine
WRECKED...... was so much fun to read. What could be better then my two favorite things combined, cruising and camping. I know one is luxury and one is roughing it , but I love them both. So when I came upon this book I knew I had to read it.
Jonathan, Sarah, Kevin and Candi, end up on a cruise together with there families , because there dad's are doing a business deal. They are from polar oppisite social spectrums and end up after some really funny typical cruise moments, wreaked on an island....more
Dianne
“This has great imagination and a touch of fun. Great YA read with characters you love, hate, feel for and want to know better!

Step out of the real world, abandon what you think is plausible and enjoy the adventures and strengths of two sister/brother duos from different social backgrounds as they learn to survive on a remote island after being shipwrecked!

These kids face starvation, survival, attack and come out on top! You will laugh, cry, and be amazed at their combined strengths and what the...more
Jordan Wood
I read this till about a quarter of the way until I couldn't take anymore. I bought this book not realising it was aimed at the teen market so it's a harsh review but thats because I'm a man in his thirties and not a teen girl. It was just too much talk of make-up and about the next handsome boy that were talking to her. First book I haven't been able to finish in a long time.
DIANE
This book was immensely entertaining and the four main characters were completely realistic. As teenagers, there are always those cliques such as the jocks, brainy nerdy geeks, popular cheerleader/fashion conscious mean girls and then the shy/unpopular people. We all grew up with these types of people in high school. Heck, we were one of these people - right? You know which type you were. Well there you have it.... in this story there is Keven the jock, Jonathan the brainy dude, Sarah the popula...more
Lenore Kosinski
Fabulously entertaining. I will admit, I had quite a few moments where there was disbelief in the logistics of what was going on, but then I remembered that it doesn't have to be 100% realistic to be super enjoyable. My only problem was the ending with Kevin...but the teaser of possibly more gives me hope. He has a lot of apologizing to do. :)
Jennifer Morales
Definitely not what I thought it was going to be like. Quite disappointed and almost stopped reading it numerous times.
Kristi Davis
This was completely illogical, silly, and crazy but it made me laugh and giggle. Plus I was smiling when it ended :)
Izzy
Honestly, don't read this book. It has a general lack of real conflict and unpredictability.
Lesuong
The book is more along the lines of something I would've read in middle school.
Joanna
So glad I came across this one! Adventure, drama, humor and great characters!
Sheri
This was actually a cute, light, summery read. I thoroughly enjoyed it!!
Jennifer Dye
this was a pretty good book for a YA novel. Kept me wanting more......
Amiee
This book was great and had a really good sense to it. It was different from anything I had read before but then again some of the things that happened seemed to be a bit out of the blue.

A particular scene on the beach springs to mind, yes it did have some relevance but also was slightly out of nowhere with no real lead up except a fire.

It was a good book but was also quite a not exactly silly book but kind of unbelievable.

It had a good storyline though and did make for a good read as one of...more
Katie
Not worth rating in my opinioin. 1/2 a star if I could.
C.E.
Loved this book! So glad she decided to make the sequel!
Danielle
Super funny, quirky, & enjoyable.
Deanna
Deanna added it
Jun 23, 2014
**Elle Casey Fan ...: Elle's book "Wrecked" is Free Today 4 14 Feb 28, 2013 10:27PM
  • The Summer I Learned to Dive
  • The Queen Bee of Bridgeton (Dancing Dream, #1)
  • Falling (Bits and Pieces #1)
  • Notes to Self
  • The Toymaker
  • Jackpot!
  • Savage Cinderella
  • The Aspen Account
  • Angel
  • Revenge of the Homecoming Queen (Aspen Brooks, #1)
  • Princess (American Princess, #1)
  • The Fall of Billy Hitchings (A John Reeves Novel)
  • Little Boy Lost (The Librarian, #1)
  • Relatively Famous
  • Nolander (Emanations, #1)
  • The Wand-Maker's Debate
  • Brimstone (Earth, Air, Fire and Water , #1)
  • The Drought
Elle Casey is a full-time writer of New Adult and Young Adult titles in several genres, including romance, urban fantasy, sci-fi dystopian, and action-adventure. She's an American girl who's been living in southern France with her husband and three children since 2010. She loves chatting with her readers, so feel free to drop her a line.

You can find her on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ellecaseytheau...more
More about Elle Casey...
Shine Not Burn (Shine Not Burn, #1) Rebel (Rebel, #1) Don't Make Me Beautiful The Changelings (War of the Fae, #1) Hellion (Rebel, #2)