Start by marking “The Surgeon's Blade” as Want to Read:
The Surgeon's Blade

The Surgeon's Blade (Diana Rivers #3)

Mystery-suspense-thriller writer, Faith Mortimer is delighted to add book three to the best-selling Diana Rivers mystery thriller series. This latest novel, "The Surgeon's Blade" is chilling, tense and is described as a 'real corker of a read'. Nursing sister, Libby Hunter wakes up in hospital with amnesia after a traumatic sailing accident. The stranger she finds sitting ...more
Published January 1st 2012 by Topsails Charter

To ask other readers questions about The Surgeon's Blade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Surgeon's Blade

Kate Loveton
Feb 22, 2014 Kate Loveton rated it it was amazing
How do you know when you’ve got a good book on your hands? Answer: you can’t put it down!

That was my experience while reading “The Surgeon’s Blade,” a psychological mystery/thriller by author Faith Mortimer.

It didn’t take long for me to become caught up in Ms. Mortimer’s book. From the start, the story’s quick pacing grabbed my attention and then refused to relinquish it. I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning, unwilling to put the book aside. I had to know the answer to the question th
Cathy Speight
Jan 02, 2012 Cathy Speight rated it it was amazing
I have said this twice before when reviewing Faith’s books, and I will say it again, because the compliment is warranted all the more. There is no doubt that Faith is well on the way to becoming the 21st century Agatha Christie. Christie’s Hercule Poirot and Miss Jane Marple will live on for many years; look out for Diana Rivers who will be making her name as a modern-day, fictional amateur sleuth. She appears in two of Faith’s books as well as this one and this is one more mystery for her to ...more
Ruth
Dec 08, 2012 Ruth rated it really liked it
Libby is working as a nurse in Southampton, outside of London. She felt that it was the perfect place to work because she would be by the water and could participate in her favorite hobby sailing. She has recently begun to date a doctor on the staff but per his request they are keeping their relationship a secret. One nasty, rainy day Libby and one of her best friends, Jem, a male nurse are set to be part of the crew for the doctor that she is secretly dating in a race. During the race, Libby is ...more
Apr 03, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
This is the third book in the Diana Rivers series but can easily be read as a stand alone though I think you will be intrigued and want to read them all.

I really am becoming a big fan of Faith Mortimer's book's. I love her style of writing, I know i've mentioned it in reviews on her other books but she really is the modern day Agatha Christie. I know without a doubt that when I pick up one of her book's I won't be disappointed.

This book had me gripped from the start, Diana herself is very much
Elva
Jun 17, 2012 Elva rated it really liked it
satisfying mystery and taut suspense. enjoyed it very much.

poor libby, whacked in the head during a boat race and loses her memory. when she awakens at the hospital (where she works as a nurse), she finds out she's engaged. that fact doesn't set right...but she's wearing a ring - so it must be true. her fiance is nigel, a big-headed, pretentious, handsome surgeon, and jerk.

but libby meets robert, the hunky helicopter pilot who lifts her to the hospital. and what a connection they have.

libby's a
Vered
Apr 23, 2012 Vered rated it liked it
Someone is stalking nurses, and Libby’s worried. She has every right to be. After waking up from a bad head injury, Libby can’t remember anything apart from her name. And she definitely can’t remember the man sitting by her bed who claims to be her fiancé. As she struggles to pull her life back together, other nurses are losing theirs to a serial killer and she may be next on that list.

What I liked about The Surgeon’s Blade: I never knew ‘who did it’ until the very end. Faith Mortimer keeps you
Joey Paul
May 03, 2014 Joey Paul rated it it was amazing
THE SURGEON'S BLADE is the third in a series with Diana Rivers solving cases. This book does not focus completely on Diana who comes in at a later date, but with nurse Libby who first suffers an accident that causes her some amnesia. Things only get worse for Libby from there. Mixed in with a love story and never really knowing who the bad guy is you will follow the story and not want to put it down until it's finished. Then you'll sit back and think "wow!"

Faith Mortimer writes a good psychologi
Jana Petken
Feb 25, 2014 Jana Petken rated it it was amazing
When nursing sister, Libby, wakes up after an accident she finds herself without memory. Something just doesn't ring true in her mind but guided by her fiancé she rebuilds her life. Her attraction for another man irritates her, She is working in a hospital where horrific attacks on nurses have taken place, and begins to suspect that she too, could be in danger.

This was a very good read, which gripped me because of the way the author keeps you guessing. I wanted to know who the villain was but it
Hilary Weinstein
May 17, 2015 Hilary Weinstein rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Exciting, gripping, well written book that is a must read to any discerning reader.

I was kept guessing all the way through this book and therefore was compelled to read and read. I expected a twist which didn't happen, but far from being disappointed, this kept me hanging in there waiting to see what transpired. I did not guess 'who dun it' until the end as it could have been any number of people which is part of the beauty of the way the book is written.

I believe Behind a Twisted Smile was slig
Michele
Apr 08, 2015 Michele rated it it was amazing
Now this is a murder mystery with psychological under tones and lots of suspense that you really won't be able to guess until the very end! There are about 3 or 4 of the character's who for one reason or another could be the stalker who is murdering blond nurses!! I read this one from cover to cover non stop and throughout kept thinking to myself--is it him--no--maybe him--wow-it must be him-only to be ultimately wrong!

There are lots of other books in this series all of which I plan on reading a
Kath Middleton
Mar 03, 2012 Kath Middleton rated it really liked it
This book by Faith Mortimer, a new writer to me, is the third in a series but stands well alone. It's a thriller/mystery and I didn't have a clue until 92% who was the perpetrator. The book is nicely paced, there are enough potential perps to keep you guessing and the end turns out well for Libby, the heroine.
If I had a quibble it is that she was a bit wet. Things happened to her that would not happen to me twice! Very few typos and a good standard of writing added to the enjoyment of this story
Aunty Janet
Jul 03, 2013 Aunty Janet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This chilling mystery has twists and turns galore! The plot is believable and the characters were interesting enough to hold my attention.
Libby, a nurse, wakes up from a coma with amnesia, following a sailing accident. Her handsome fiance is by her side, but she has no memory of him or anything else. Then accidents start to happen.....
You don't need to read the other books in this series to enjoy it, but they are good too!
Desley (Cat fosterer)
Aug 20, 2012 Desley (Cat fosterer) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
An attacker targeting nurses, and a nurse with 2 mysterious men in her life - how will it end?

I really enjoyed this book, I didn't guess who had done it, and my only problem with it was that I had to go to work and do errands which stopped me being able to read it as quickly as I liked!! A nicely paced book, with plenty of short chapters that kept you wanting to read more, and also plenty of twists that kept you thinking. Can't wait to read more by this author.
Kristen
Feb 18, 2014 Kristen rated it it was amazing
I haven't yet found a book by Faith Mortimer that I have not loved. This one was no exception. I was hooked from the first page. The story moved quickly and decisively with the author throwing in red-herrings along the way so that the reader suspected everyone. And the real villain came as a complete surprise. Wonderful story, Faith, must get round to the others on my Kindle!
Ed Scott
Apr 19, 2012 Ed Scott rated it really liked it
Good suspenseful book. Had a little trouble with the "English" since the book was written in London, but other than that, it was a book I could not put down. Read in 2 days, and the book is over 300 pages.
Glynis Smy
May 27, 2012 Glynis Smy rated it really liked it
Another good read from Faith Mortimer. With clever twists and plots she managed to keep me reading and guessing.
Beverley hopper
Aug 12, 2014 Beverley hopper rated it it was amazing
this is my first book of faiths and wont be my last i was hookedfrom beginning to end
Shirley McCann
Sep 02, 2012 Shirley McCann rated it really liked it
I liked this. Very quick read with lots of suspense and likeable characters.
TeriC
Jun 14, 2012 TeriC rated it liked it
Interesting with a surprise ending.
Loraine
Rating: 3.5
Nursing sister, Libby Hunter wakes up in hospital with amnesia after a traumatic sailing accident. The stranger she finds sitting by her bedside claims to be her fiancé. The trouble is... she cannot remember him... Returning home, Libby finds herself in great danger when her house is broken into. Who is the intruder and what does he want? Is this connected to a series of attacks on nurses in London and Southampton? Is Libby the latest targeted victim?

This is definitely a suspense thr
Jack
Oct 08, 2016 Jack rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Libby is a nurse with a difficult love life, further complicated by anxiety about an attacker targeting hospital staff.
Maggie
Apr 08, 2016 Maggie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This has languished too long on my Kindle! I decided as I had a lull between things that needed reviewed it was this one's turn.

This was a a nice quick read with some interesting characters. I hadn't read any of the earlier Diana River's books but that really didn't matter as she seemed to be more of a background character.

I was kept guessing as to the identity of the villain & at some point I think I'd suspected everyone except the culprit!
JACQUELINE WATSON
Nice , gradual build-up !

This was an easy to follow , entertaining suspense novel . It also kept me guessing about Who did it , until
The very end . Very well written .
Helen Roberts-Niemi
Helen Roberts-Niemi rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2014
J.P. Lane
J.P. Lane rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2014
Linda E Rodriguez
Linda E Rodriguez rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2015
Tina Toler-Keel
Tina Toler-Keel rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2013
Leigh
Leigh rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2013
Carol
Carol rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2012
Poppy Cullimbine
Poppy Cullimbine rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Buying Time (Aspen Moore, #1)
  • Liquid Lies
  • Project Moses
  • Plummet
  • By Hook or By Crook and 30 More of the Best Crime and Mystery Stories of the Year
  • A Stranger's Touch (Psychic Heat Book #1)
  • Disintegration
  • Hidden Legacy
  • Black Oil, Red Blood
  • The Highest Bidder
  • The Plantagenet Vendetta
  • Death Benefits (Southern Fraud Thriller, #2)
  • The Darkness Visible (The Midnight Saga Book 2)
  • The Kill: A Hunt Country Suspense Novel
  • Bad Girl!
  • Date with the Devil
  • Until The Dawn (Nemesis, #1)
  • Verliege
Faith Mortimer was born in Manchester and educated in Singapore, Malaya and Hampshire, England. A Registered nurse,then changed careers to oversee a number of travel and sport related companies. Faith is happily married and has two children. Dividing her time between the south of England and Cyprus, she has written three series of books which are all standalone novels.

ALL BOOKS ARE PUBLISHED IN PA
More about Faith Mortimer...

Diana Rivers (8 books)
  • The Assassins' Village (Diana Rivers #1)
  • Children of the Plantation
  • Camera...Action...Murder!
  • Childhunt
  • A Deadly Learning: A "Diana Rivers" Murder Mystery Suspense (The 6th "Diana Rivers" Murder Mysteries)
  • A Brutal Trade
  • THE DIANA RIVERS MYSTERIES - Volume Two (The Diana Rivers Mysteries Collection Book 2)