Pigs Volume 1: Hello Cruel World Tp

Pigs Volume 1: Hello Cruel World Tp (Pigs #1)

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  8 reviews
In 1962, a KGB sleeper cell was placed in Cuba. Half a century later, the cell's children are assigned to overthrow the American government. But why...and why now?
Published February 28th 2012 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Pigs Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pigs Volume 1

Scruffy
Pigs starts with a simple premise, In 1962 a KGB sleeper cell is placed in Cuba. Years later the children of these agents are activated with orders to bring down the US government. From here a complex and deeply layered story begins. The story is told in a non-linear fashion, jumping between three time periods - Now, Soon and Earlier. This is a very effective way to structure the plot, as more details are revealed in each time period our view of these characters and their motivations is constant...more
William Thomas
Image Comics has evolved into the Goliath of the creator-owned industry. With Dark Horse floundering and publishing nothing more than Conan and Star Wars comics, Image has been snatching up all of the innovative writers they can find. For the most part, they're doing a hell of a job.

Sadly, I can't give 'Pigs' high praise. I can give it a slap on the back and tell it it did a good job, but that's about all. Nate Cosby and Ben McCool have an intriguing premise, but I feel like I have seen this sa...more
Lisa
I thought I wasn't going to dig this and I was totally wrong. Ran back to the shop to try to secure the back issues and was told I needed to be patient. Eek. Second generation Russian spies who grew up in Cuba and aren't sure who they are fighting or what they are fighting for. Yes please. A few sloppily handled representations of women chilling in underpants with guns, but other than that I'm not mad at the Cosby/McCool led team.
James
If the final page of the first issue doesn't grab you, just put the book down.

This reminds me a lot of The Losers and I think the creators see that too as Andy Diggle provides te introduction and Jock drew the covers.
Tessa
Jun 06, 2012 Tessa added it
Shelves: comics, speculative
if you like the use of swearing to make your characters seem real hardass, then this book is for you!

but seriously, I wouldn't doubt it if there were a cell of KGB child-operatives still active.
Pturingan
Interesting so far. But really just too short for me to form a proper opinion. I'll continue reading it if I remember to buy the next volume when it comes out.
Kevin Thurman
Once again, this is good, but not great. I really think the premise is interesting, but the writing leaves a lot to be desired.
Lucca Defendi
Lucca Defendi marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
harlequin {Stephanie}
harlequin {Stephanie} marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2013
Dimitris
Dimitris marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2013
Jake Young
Jake Young marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2013
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2013
Jaclyn Drake
Jaclyn Drake marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2013
Cow Boy A Boy and His Horse Vampirella: Southern Gothic Pigs Volume 2 Tp G-Force The Movie Storybook Your Inner Pig (G-Force Series)