Start by marking “Truly, Madly, Deeply, You” as Want to Read:
Truly, Madly, Deeply, You

Truly, Madly, Deeply, You (Truly Madly #1)

3.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  93 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
Four days before Valentine’s Day, Liese Hansfeld is determined to shut the door to her house, as well as her heart, for her annual four days of mourning her one true love. Little does she know her best friend Freytag Meier is just as determined to keep her from her ritual. He’s ready to pick the lock to her apartment door and camp in her living room if that’s what it takes ...more
ebook
Published March 21st 2012 by Inkspell Publishing (first published March 19th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Truly, Madly, Deeply, You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truly, Madly, Deeply, You

Jillian -always aspiring-
Apr 18, 2012 Jillian -always aspiring- rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who enjoy romance even if it's not particularly deep
Recommended to Jillian -always aspiring- by: Cover Lust
Truly, Madly, Deeply, You: currently, it has a fairly middle-of-the-range average rating (hovering just over the 3.5 star mark) here on Goodreads...so you might be wondering why I'm so far on the other end of the spectrum with a one-star "Sorry, I Didn't Like It" rating.

To be honest, what initially drew me to this novella (which clocks in at just around 70-80 pages) was the cover. I haven't had much exposure to interracial romances, so I was intrigued that this novella was so upfront about the k
Megan
Apr 19, 2012 Megan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Meh. We never learn anything about Liese or her lifelong best friend Frey other than the following:
Liese is in a deep depression over the loss of her husband and unborn child two years ago.
Frey is determined to bring Liese out of her depression by insisting she realize that he is the perfect romantic partner for her.

Throughout this story, I saw Frey as a major creep and manipulator. Rather than help Liese with her depression, and then approach her about his feelings, Frey decides to romance Lies
~Tina~

Aww, what a precious story. It's a real shame this book doesn't come out till March, it would have been the perfect Valentine treat.
Liese and Frey are truly adorable. My heart really went out to Liese and what happened to her but I'm glad that Frey made her see that she finally deserves happiness.
Truly, Madly, Deeply, You is a lovely short-story about letting go and moving on and who better to move on with then the person that's always been there.

(Arc provided by InkSpell Publishing)
CaliGirlRae
This was another sweet romance from Inkspell that I really enjoyed, with the extra goodness of being an interracial romance (squee) and a friends to lovers story (woo hoo).

Like Always You, this book dealt with secrets and moving on. My heart went out to Liese who is the one carrying the guilt in the novel. Her best friend Frey has been there from the beginning before her marriage and eventual loss and is there to pick up the pieces afterward. Also like the previous novel, there is a sense of mys
Preet
Feb 22, 2012 Preet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liese, our female lead, is going through something that you hope never happens to anyone. Throughout the book we're kept in suspense about knowing what and who she is mourning, but are given little clues up until the very end. I really felt for her character and understood all of her hesitations through the story. Our other main character named Frey is seriously the best friend any girl could ask for. He's so sweet and adorable that I just wanted to clone him and have one for myself. From beginn ...more
Brooke Moss
Feb 07, 2012 Brooke Moss rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GAH! This book ended too soon! Truly, Madly, Deeply, You was an exquisite read. I adore friends-to-lovers stories, as you will all see when my June release comes out. I love the idea of a male/female friendship, where one or both are harboring deeper feelings for each other. Cecelia Robert's did a most excellent job with her dialogue, I can tell that it is her strong suit. I really enjoyed the banter between Liese and Frey, so much so that when they were speaking to other characters, I longed fo ...more
Arlena

Author: Cecilia Robert
Published By: Inkspell Publishing
Age Recommend:16
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Raven Rating: 4
Blog Review For: GMTA
Review:

Truly, Madly, Deeply, You, by Cecilia Robert was a sweet light Valentine's Day romance. The two main characters are Liese Hansfeld and Fretag Meier were simply wonderful. I really enjoyed the way the author put this this sweet short story together.

Liese was in her home for her annual four days of mourning of her true love. However, her best friend Freytag dec
Yelania Nightwalker
At the beginning, I didn't know what was happening to Liese. She was suffering in 4 days of mourning for the death of "someone". I really don't know who or why until late in the novel and is a bit complicated for you, the reader, to ingratiate him/herself with the pain of it, when you're so on blank with what happened to her.

As the novel progresses and we see her suffer, we suffer with her. I don't deny it. I was touched. But there were times when I felt it was too, I really wanted that Frey tak
Nicola
Truly, Madly, Deeply, You was a very interesting book and I'm glad I got the opportunity to read it! It's a very short book so it was a lovely quick escape and I like that I was able to read it in one sitting! Sometimes I just need something nice and sweet that I can read easily and Truly, Madly, Deepy, You was certainly that kind of book! It manages to be light and entertaining but also had a darker and more meaningful side to it.

Liese is not in a good place in her life and hasn't been for seve
Cass
Mar 28, 2012 Cass rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review posted at: http://librarymosaic.blogspot.pt/2012...

Review:
I received this book from Inkspell Publishing in exchange if an honest review and I have to say this is a very sweet story.
For the past two years and due to a tragic accident, Liese’s life hasn’t been easy and the days leading up to Valentine’s Day are always the worse for her. Knowing this, her childhood friend, Frey has decided enough is enough. He plans to spend the days before Valentine’s Day with Liese whether she wants it or
Pamela
Feb 29, 2012 Pamela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
** I received an eARC copy of the book from Inkspell Publishing.**

Truly, Madly, Deeply, You is a very sweet and heartwarming story. Liese has been having a very difficult time the past two years after a tragic accident occurs in her life...changing it forever. The four days leading up to Valentine's Day are always the toughest for her to deal with though. Frey, Liese's best friend since they were kids, has decided enough is enough and he plans to spend those four days with her whether she likes
R. Brennan
Mar 03, 2012 R. Brennan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shorts, reviewed
I received an ARC copy of this contemporary romance novella from the publisher, Inkspell Publishing. Since I enjoy a nice short romantic read, a one-nighter as it were, once in a while, I dove in anxiously.

The story introduces us to Liese, a tortured young woman in self imposed mourning over a loss two years before. For the prior two years, she has spent the four days before Valentine’s day in solitude. Her plan to do so again.

Her best friend, Frey refuses to allow her to torture herself for ano
Kevis Hendrickson
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for a review.

Truly, Madly, Deeply, You is a sweet romance about a young couple who goes from being friends to lovers. In the story, Liese and Frey, who have been best friends for years must confront the long suppressed feelings they have for each other as the nature of their relationship begins to evolve into a more intimate one.

Liese, a grief-stricken young woman, bearing the guilt from a terrible accident that has left her traumatized, has built up
Shilpa Mudiganti
I LOVED this book! Sensual, sweet, sad and addictive is what I felt as I turned the pages (on my iBook! :p). The story started off with Liese mourning 4 days before Valentine's. It doesn't tell you who she is mourning, so the mystery quotient was in there. But the whole book lights up when Frey, her best friend enters the scene. He is so sweet and the way he nudges his best friend to move on, it is heart breakingly beautiful. I loved every moment of their sensual flirting. I think author Cecilia ...more
KaSonndra Leigh
Apr 17, 2012 KaSonndra Leigh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Truly. Madly. is a charming quick and easy read. If you like romantic stories with vulnerable heroines and modern day knights ready to rescue them then you'll probably love this one. Ms. Robert has a way of demonstrating just how much each character cares for the other one. For me, that alone makes this one "Truly" enjoyable. I just wished it wouldn't have ended so so soon. Sigh. Give it a try.
Keisha
Mar 10, 2012 Keisha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Freytag Meier Hot couple, dash of mystery, sensual a great cuddle, candles type of book.
Tina ♥ Bookaholic
English Review:
This short story is about love, friendship, big feelings, but also about loss, grief and forgiveness – specifically to yourself.

Hence here it isn’t the plot in the foreground and a story full of actions, but the figures in it, and how they feel in each respective situation. Here are the characters in the foreground and here are the people who count.
The beginning was great and has pulled me immediately into story. Unfortunately Liese was sometimes too blue-eyed for me or seen a l
ѦѺ™
Sometimes, when you imagine a perfect guy ... you realize you've described a person you've known forever. - Unknown

Liese Hansfeld has an annual ritual. four days before Valentine's Day, she isolates herself from everyone in her life and mourns for the loss of her husband. this year, though, her best friend Freytag Meier decides to interfere and do something about it.
author Cecilia Robert's novella deals with friendship, grief, healing and love.
there are two issues that are at the heart of the
Niina
Vienna, Austria. Frey has been stuck in the friend zone with Liese since he was 13, finally he decides she needs to know how he feels, he's picked the time to show her he's there for her when she feels most vulnerable, the four days before Valentine's Day.

Liese's haunted by the Valentine's Day two years ago when a fatal car accident cost her husband and her unborn child. Wanting nothing more than to wallow in her misery and isolate herself from the world the four days before Valentine's she's an
Naj (Unputdownable Books)
My only knowledge of this book was that it was about two best friends and their trip to the alps on a ski trip. I'm surprised at how deep this book was. It was short but it held the major starting points of an even bigger book. It started out with Liese, our leading female character and her struggle to live life normally and past the 4 days before Valentines day after the worst tragedy of her life that she blames herself for and can't move out. I liked Liese but not as much as I liked Frey. Frey ...more
Rose
Sep 14, 2015 Rose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My thoughts:

Though a short read, Truly, Madly Deeply, You is still capable of causing emotions to rise as you encounter love, loss and longing.

Years passed, young woman, Liese, is still struggling to come to terms with an incredibly unfortunate situation that left her world shattered and her heart broken. Every year she spends four days in voluntary isolation as she relives the drastic event, unable to move on from it she remains drowning in the guilt. Best friend Frey takes a different approac
Curse of the Bibliophile
“Truly, Madly, Deeply, You” is about a sweet friendship that turns into a steamy romance.
I really enjoyed this tender hearted romance. The story was beautiful and just grabbed my attention from the beginning. It is so amazing when friendship turns into something more, especially when the pair are a perfect match like these two.
Liese is a beautiful woman who just doesn’t know what a gem she has in Frey. I really enjoyed her character and getting to know her even though I was a bit frustrated that
Nanette Bradford
I was in dyer need of a cute love story and truly, madly, deeply, you hit the spot. The pure love that Frey has for Liese was just so sweet and exactly what Liese needs. Even if she doesn't realize it yet. Valentines day is hard for Liese. A life changing and tragic thing happens to her that she just can't get over and for the last two years she's hidden herself away from everyone. She blames herself for what happened that valentines night. The guilt and heartache are hard for her to endear. Thi ...more
Sarah (Head Stuck In A Book)
Having read and loved Cecilia's book Reaper's Novice (curently only 99 cents, trust me it's money well spent, go and buy it now) I was eager to read this and see if Cecilia writes contemporary romance as well as she does paranormal and I'm happy to say that she does!
I love this kind of a story, the best-friend who's secretly in love with their best-friend whom is completely oblivious to other friends feelings and this is true of Freytag (Frey) who is in love with Liese who has been in mourning t
Diayll
Originally Reviewed at: Mother/Gamer/Writer
Rating: 3 out of 5 Controllers
Review Source:Enchanted Book Promotions Tour
Reviewer: Jennifer

Truly, Madly, Deeply You was a relatively interesting novella. It’s a short story of Frey and his quest to admit his love to his best friend Liese. While the story was short,sweet and romantic, there were a few things about Truly, Madly, Deeply, You that annoyed me – all of them having to do with Liese.

The first thing you learn is that Liese has a tremendous amou
Cara
Dec 18, 2012 Cara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review: This is a novella so I can't write too much without giving everything away. Liese is still in grief over a lost love, and Frey is not going to stand by another year letting her lock herself off from the world. This book kept me very invested into the characters. I really liked them, and wanted them to be happy more than anything. There was some real heartbreaking moments.

Character Breakdown:
Frey: He is a super sweet guy, who cares so much about Liese. Any girl would be lucky to have him.
NightlyReading
Mar 16, 2012 NightlyReading rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a love story about 2 best friends trying to see if their relationship could go further.

I enjoyed the storyline and liked both of the main characters. Frey has been Liese’s best friend since they were kids. But, he has always loved her, she just never knew how much. Liese is trying to get over a major tragedy in her life and Frey is there to help her every step of the way.

Frey tries to keep Liese out of another man’s arms while Liese considers if she could handle their friendship ch
Viari Rose
Apr 03, 2012 Viari Rose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Truly, Madly, Deeply, You is the story of a grief stricken woman Liese, and her best friend Frey. It is Frey who has always loved and adores Liese from afar. Liese hasn't forgiven herself yet and Frey is there to help her through it.

It is a heartbreaking, engaging and short read. It's absorbing and I found myself unable to put it down until it was through. I felt the characters were very well developed.
Annabelle Blume
Apr 16, 2012 Annabelle Blume rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A story of loss and redemption, this book takes you through the journey of Leise's healing and learning to trust herself in love again. It's filled with a heavy dose of sexual tension to keep you turning the pages. The perfect book for a vacation or to read by the pool. It leaves you smiling about Leise and Frey's Happily Ever After.
Christine Rains
May 11, 2015 Christine Rains rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All Liese Hansfield wants is to be left alone for four days to mourn the loss of her husband. It's been her ritual every year around Valentine's Day since he died. But this year, her best friend isn't going to let her waste away. Freytag Meier is determined to help her through her grief and win her heart. Yet he didn't prepare himself for how deep her sorrow runs. Can either of them make it through this?

A wonderful short tale of grief, friendship, and love. Liese and Frey's friendship has always
  • No Ordinary Love
  • The Lieutenant’s Ex-Wife (Code of Honour #2)
  • Fallen (Dark God Saga, #1)
  • A Whisper to a Scream
  • My Daddy is a Hero 3
  • Sweet Ultimatum
  • Friends
  • Reye's Gold
  • The Arrangement (Hot Latin Men #1)
  • You're All I Need
  • No Commitment Required
  • Before Dawn Breaks
  • Crossing The Line
  • Gold Mountain
I write YA, NA and Adult. My motto: Passion rules. I enjoy writing stories about people finding love in the most unexpected places, coupled with adventurous journeys, whether it's urban, fantasy, sci-fi, contemporary or paranormal romance. There's always a happy ever after, no matter how long it takes to get there.

To sign-up for the newsletter: http://bit.ly/X8OXaM

More about Cecilia Robert...

Truly Madly (3 books)
  • How Many Ways (Truly Madly #1.5)
  • Holding On Forever (Truly Madly #2)