The Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God's Word for Everyday Living

The Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God's Word for Everyday Living

4.76 of 5 stars 4.76  ·  rating details  ·  539 ratings  ·  49 reviews
Inside the pages of the Everyday Life Bible, readers will experience the opportunity to study Scripture as if Joyce were sitting next to them, chapter by chapter and precept by precept. Not only will they learn more, they will be able to share this new understanding with family and friends in a practical and down-to-earth manner. This Specialty Bible contains five standing...more
Published October 9th 2006 (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Everyday Life Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Everyday Life Bible

Captivating by John EldredgeUnconditional by Tanya EavensonGet Out of That Pit! by Beth MooreMy Utmost for His Highest by Oswald ChambersA Melody for James by Hallee Bridgeman
Best Christian Women's Books
141st out of 196 books — 187 voters
The Courage to Heal by Ellen BassHealing Sex by Staci HainesAllies in Healing by Laura DavisThe Courage to Heal Workbook by Laura   DavisTrauma and Recovery by Judith Lewis Herman
Resources for Survivors
68th out of 85 books — 32 voters

More lists with this book...

Paula
What could be better than the Bible?
Jill
Aug 09, 2013 Jill added it
I picked this up on a whim while getting typical groceries at Wal-mart. It actually reads like modern talk. There are lots of other meanings behind particular words, which are helpful in trying to decipher the original meaning. Print size and formating are well done such that I can actually "curl up" with this in bed and read a few pages to close out my day. Joyce Meyer inserts her own interpretations and applications to life. I haven't read very many of those yet, but will look forward to how t...more
Mark Glidden
If all those fellows who died translating the Bible into the common tongue could see how it would one day be subjected to this treatment by a neo-Elmer Gantry crank like Joyce Meyer, they would have gladly stuck with the Latin and Greek.
Seriously, if you're going to edit your thoughts into Bible notes, MAKE THEM WORTHWHILE. At high school, some of the dunces drew genitals and scribbled obscenities on the blank spaces in their school Bibles. I would pick these as a lesser desecration of Scripture...more
Ellie Jean
the greatest book in the world. I've been reading the Bible for my whole life, but not until this year did I make it a goal to read the whole thing from cover to cover. I cannot believe how much it's changed my life, changed me as a person, and how much I have learned. I have grown so much this year and I owe it all to really dedicating time to study the Word in it's entirety. can't wait to start all over again and learn some more!

also, Joyce's side notes in this Bible were very helpful and enli...more
Linda James
Aug 27, 2009 Linda James rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Linda by: My sister-in-law.
This is an on-going read. I recieved this Bible as a gift for Christmas 2006, I had not recieved a nice study Bible since 1976 so I really needed one. I still read my old one too (I am attached to it) but the new one is neat because Joyce Meyer makes her life experiences a part of each chapter and it is interesting to read her story as I read the Bible.
Kim DuBrul
I love this Bible because Joyce gives examples and added thoughts throughout that help me to have a deeper understanding instead of a cursory reading. It is like being in a Bible study everyday and she really helps me to "get" things!
Cookie
I would give this six or seven stars, if I could. Well, of course, it's the Word of God (duh!), but it's the amplified Bible, annnnd, there are tons of little blurbs and comments written by Joyce Meyer. There are also some very extremely helpful tables and references in the back. This is DEFINITELY my favoritest Bible (I have 10 of them!).
Bonnie
I am already a BIG fan of the Amplified Bible so I really like this Bible for that reason alone. Additionally, my mom and I have watched Joyce Meyer for years and have read a couple of her books so I enjoy her notes and additional elaboration of the Scripture as well, including some information she shares from her life and experiences. I enjoy reading this Bible almost every morning so I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!
Gina
I own this Bible, and I love it! It's written in the Amplified version, which is what Joyce mostly uses in her books. You will love the little study nuggets Joyce has scattered throughout the Bible on every few pages.
Dorena
I finished the Bible today! Does it make me a Bible expert? Absolutely not. But at least now I am familiar with stories and I can go back and dig deeper. The Bible is a book that will never go off my "currently reading" shelf. It should be a book that is a mandatory read in school; the world would be a loving place because of it.
Crystal
The inserts really helped me to understand the principles in the Bible and to be able to compare and apply them to my everyday life. It is fantastic and I grew so much from reading this version of the Bible. I highly recomment it to anyone who needs some help understanding the Bible.
Laylita
easy to understand and has a breakdown from Joyce Meyer. in every other verse or so that breaks down the Bible and gives a message you can understand in plain English. this the the old and new testament of the Bible and it is the amplified version. i wish they had it for kindle.
Susan
Great Amplified version of the Bible. Love the footnotes she added to make it even more easier to understand the teachings. Once again you did Joyce great teacher,motivator and inspiration of how God can use anyone who is willing to heed the call.
John Richards
Difficult read because she runs the interpretations into the verses and in same type so one cannot readily distinguish one from the other. The life notes are good, however. They are separate and easy to read and are good applications.
John
Fairly decent version that I have read cover-to cover more than once. Joyce always has "real-life" examples of how we can apply God's word and Biblical preachings to everyday life without over-complicating things.
Anne Gooch
I brought this back in June 2012 and have been reading it ever since. It's a great bible and I love how Joyce adds extra stuff that makes even easier to understand and makes you think. It's a great bible for anyone!
Nina
Jan 29, 2008 Nina rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone who wants a closer relationship with GOD..
Recommended to Nina by: JOYCE MEYER.COM / TV SHOW
This was my gift to myself and I have to say this book/ bible helps you break down each scripture and tells you how to apply it to your everyday life...GREAT READ FOR LIFE...THIS IS A HUST HAVE...
Melissa Windsor
Good beginning bible for a brand new Christian..lots of everyday application....would not recommend for a confirmed Episcopalian such as myself or someone well schooled in theology...
Jeanine
what I enjoy about reading from this Bible is #1 it's Amplified Version and Joyce has her notes spread throughout. I use it continually for my Bible reading and study.
Jennifer Covington
This bible is FANTASTIC! The bible alone of course is life changing, but I really enjoy Joyce Meyer's commentary and straight forward notes! It's definitely a good one to have!
Ugonna
I got this bible for my birthday and am enjoying it so far. I was nervous to venture into the Amplified version, but I like it and still have my NAS as a reference :)
Jamie Spears
This is the first (and only) Bible that i have read entirely. It was great, easy to read and easy to understand and the extras and life applications were great.
Emily Liz
Yes I done. I can't believe it. I didn't understand most of what the Bible said.I don't know if I ever will. But I done. I will start reading all over again tomorrow.
Maria
Jun 03, 2011 Maria added it
I sincerely love this bible I wish Nook had it ava I have it in spanish and english. Joyce uses so many examples and I can just keep reading it is a blessing
Kate
I recommend this book for anyone wanting to deepen their walk with The Lord:) it's the amplified version of the bible so it's VERY easy to understand!
Chris Lunn
I use this book as my main bible due to the Amplified translation and the commentaries by Joyce Meyer that tell you how to apply what you read to your life.
Cate
This is the translation I'm reading through this year. So far, I love it. Love her notes, articles throughout. I also love the Amplified version.
Amy
The first bible that I read in its entirety. It took me 2 years to read this bible with all the add ins it has. Loved it.
Nov 13, 2008 Sarah rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Recommended to Sarah by: My Sister
This bible is AMP version. Joyce's notes brings lessons of the bible to reality, to your level. She is awesome!
Kelly
I am nowhere near done with reading the entire Bible, but I am working my way through and wanted to give it a rating.
  • Daily Readings from Your Best Life Now: 90 Devotions for Living at Your Full Potential
  • One Thing You Can't Do in Heaven
  • Rick Warren's Bible Study Methods: Twelve Ways You Can Unlock God's Word
  • Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be: A 90-Day Guide to Living the Proverbs 31 Life
  • Amplified Bible
  • The Beginner's Bible: Timeless Bible Stories
  • Love Your Life: Living Happy, Healthy, and Whole
  • Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl
  • Get Out of That Pit!: Straight Talk about God's Deliverance
JOYCE MEYER is one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers. A #1 New York Times bestselling author, she has written more than seventy inspirational books, including The Confident Woman, Look Great, Feel Great, and the entire Battlefield of the Mind family of books. She has also released thousands of audio teachings as well as a complete video library. Joyce's Enjoying Everyday Life® radio...more
More about Joyce Meyer...
Battlefield Of The Mind - Winning The Battle In Your Mind Me and My Big Mouth!: Your Answer is Right Under Your Nose The Confident Woman: Start Today Living Boldly and Without Fear Approval Addiction : Overcoming Your Need to Please Everyone The Penny