Baby Makes Four: Welcomi

Baby Makes Four: Welcomi

3.0 of 5 stars 3.00  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Welcoming a Second Child into the FamilyThe joy and love that your first child has brought into your life is immeasurable, and now you're ready for another baby. You've been through pregnancy and childbirth before, but this time you have added responsibilities toward a little person who hasn't had that experience. And Baby Makes Four is written specifically to inform and s...more
Published August 1st 1998 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Baby Makes Four, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby Makes Four

jacky
There aren't many books on the topic of merging your family from one child to two. Thus far, I've located six titles, though one is unavailable in my library network. This title is the first to come through since it is the only one my local library owns.

This book was a good place to start for information about having your second child. It covers most every aspect of the transition, but doesn't go into much depth on all topics. For example, there was a lot of about choosing if it is the right ti...more
Aug 28, 2007 Sarah rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 8 months preggers with your second baby?
Holy crap I have a lot of preparation ahead of me! And only a month left... Between getting Maya ready for a new baby, and getting myself ready for renewed sleep deprivation and the discombobulation that accompanies those first few weeks, I'm exhaused just thinking about it.

This book does a great job covering the basics about how this pregnancy and the first few months are likely to be different from the first one. It also does a good job of covering the range of reactions my two year old may ha...more
Cat
I loved how it assumed that the mother was working. She didn't present it as a book for working moms; this normalized the working mom experience. Full of really good advice on how to prepare your child to be a sibling as well.
Celeste
This book helped me start thinking about the changes a second child will make in our family. It is very realistic in its approach which I liked. But there wasn't too much really "insightful" information given. most of it is just common sense.
Michel
I read this over a few months. It had some good info on adding a second child. Some of it was a little depressing, but I suppose just reality. Glad I read it. I feel a bit better armed for this second child.
Carah
Helpful advice on transitioning from Baby #1 to Baby #2. Not *quite* completely up-to-date, but enough practical advice to overlook mentions of video tapes instead of DVDs.
Melissa
Short with helpful tips re: adding a second child into the family. I thought it generally seemed practical and worth the couple afternoons it took to look through it.
Theresa
Very vague information about HOW to welcome second child into the family. Can find the same exact info online via Google search, and resources are extremely outdated.
Sara Michelman
describes and addresses all my thoughts and concerns for having another child.
Gretchen
Not the wealth of information I was hoping for.
Shannon
The theory is right but it's a little dry.
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2012
Jenny
Jenny added it
Feb 06, 2012
Megan
Megan added it
Dec 05, 2013
Steph
Steph marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2010
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2009
The Ha-Haggadah: A Series of Unfortunate Egyptian Events The New Parents Sourcebook: Information, Products, and Services for You and Your Baby