Start by marking “Baby Makes Four: Welcomi” as Want to Read:
Baby Makes Four: Welcomi

Baby Makes Four: Welcomi

liked it 3.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  28 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Welcoming a Second Child into the FamilyThe joy and love that your first child has brought into your life is immeasurable, and now you're ready for another baby. You've been through pregnancy and childbirth before, but this time you have added responsibilities toward a little person who hasn't had that experience. And Baby Makes Four is written specifically to inform and s ...more
Published August 1st 1998 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Baby Makes Four, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby Makes Four

jacky
Feb 03, 2011 jacky rated it liked it
Shelves: baby-parenting, 2011
There aren't many books on the topic of merging your family from one child to two. Thus far, I've located six titles, though one is unavailable in my library network. This title is the first to come through since it is the only one my local library owns.

This book was a good place to start for information about having your second child. It covers most every aspect of the transition, but doesn't go into much depth on all topics. For example, there was a lot of about choosing if it is the right ti
Aug 28, 2007 Sarah rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 8 months preggers with your second baby?
Holy crap I have a lot of preparation ahead of me! And only a month left... Between getting Maya ready for a new baby, and getting myself ready for renewed sleep deprivation and the discombobulation that accompanies those first few weeks, I'm exhaused just thinking about it.

This book does a great job covering the basics about how this pregnancy and the first few months are likely to be different from the first one. It also does a good job of covering the range of reactions my two year old may ha
Cat
Mar 29, 2014 Cat rated it really liked it
I loved how it assumed that the mother was working. She didn't present it as a book for working moms; this normalized the working mom experience. Full of really good advice on how to prepare your child to be a sibling as well.
Celeste
Dec 03, 2009 Celeste rated it liked it
This book helped me start thinking about the changes a second child will make in our family. It is very realistic in its approach which I liked. But there wasn't too much really "insightful" information given. most of it is just common sense.
Michel
Mar 18, 2013 Michel rated it liked it
I read this over a few months. It had some good info on adding a second child. Some of it was a little depressing, but I suppose just reality. Glad I read it. I feel a bit better armed for this second child.
Carah
Oct 17, 2008 Carah rated it really liked it
Helpful advice on transitioning from Baby #1 to Baby #2. Not *quite* completely up-to-date, but enough practical advice to overlook mentions of video tapes instead of DVDs.
Melissa
Jun 30, 2009 Melissa rated it liked it
Short with helpful tips re: adding a second child into the family. I thought it generally seemed practical and worth the couple afternoons it took to look through it.
Theresa
Jan 14, 2013 Theresa rated it it was ok
Very vague information about HOW to welcome second child into the family. Can find the same exact info online via Google search, and resources are extremely outdated.
Sara Michelman
Apr 21, 2008 Sara Michelman rated it really liked it
describes and addresses all my thoughts and concerns for having another child.
Gretchen
Feb 21, 2010 Gretchen rated it it was ok
Not the wealth of information I was hoping for.
Shannon
Jul 10, 2009 Shannon rated it it was ok
Shelves: alreadyread
The theory is right but it's a little dry.
Richard Twomey
Richard Twomey rated it liked it
May 02, 2016
Mikhal Szabo
Mikhal Szabo rated it it was ok
Apr 15, 2016
Tania Dickson
Tania Dickson rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2015
Hilory Wagner
Apr 09, 2015 Hilory Wagner added it  ·  (Review from the author)
♥ Susan
♥ Susan rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2014
Marian
Marian rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2014
Anne
Anne rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2013
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2012
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was ok
Jan 15, 2012
Angela Avery
Angela Avery rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2012
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2011
Marian
Marian rated it did not like it
Aug 08, 2010
Steph
Steph marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2010