Start by marking “Cancer on the Brain: One Man's Journey of Baseball, Business, and Beating the Odds” as Want to Read:

In September 2005 Jay Lefevers was diagnosed with a brain tumor.  He had a business of 11 years, a wife and three children, and was donating time to coach groups of inner city teenage kids.  Over the next three years he would fight and beat the tumor, via three surgeries and radiation, only to be diagnosed with cancer of the lymph nodes in 2008.  He continued to grow his ...more
Published June 1st 2012 by Emerald Book Company (first published May 16th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Cancer on the Brain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cancer on the Brain

Lana Bradstream
Jul 21, 2012 Lana Bradstream rated it really liked it
Jay Lefevers brings you into his life in this memoir CANCER ON THE BRAIN. This is an account of the author's life from the time he was diagnosed with brain cancer in September 2005 to the time he kicked cancer's butt in 2009.
Lefevers tells you how he built his business and found the love of his life -- his second wife, while he continued to coach a little league baseball team. When his leg started going numb and spasming, Lefevers tried to find an answer, but his doctor would not give him one,
Billy
Feb 13, 2016 Billy rated it it was amazing
When I signed up to review Cancer on the Brain, courtesy of Emerald Book Company in exchange for an honest review, I really didn’t know what expect as I don’t read memoirs, but I thought I would give the memoir genre a try. Surprisingly the author never tries to push a spiritual revelation onto the reader, but instead he uses humor, and creative narration to tell his inspirational journey.

What I like about Jay Lefevers is that he is an ordinary man, who runs his own real estate company, Lefever
rebecca bryant
Jul 14, 2012 rebecca bryant rated it really liked it

When I first got this book I wasn't to sure if I wanted to read it I mean it was after all I true story of someone with cancer and usually these types of stories never end well. However I sucked it up and dove in and was very surprised. Not only was this book powerful and poignant but it was a very honest look at what life was like for some one fighting cancer. Jay not only used his great sense of humor to take through his journey but he also gave us his total honesty on how it was. This was tru
brandy oliver
Aug 27, 2012 brandy oliver rated it it was amazing
I started this book, expecting to need some tissues close, and to just have a terribly sad day after I finished it, but that didn't really happen. Not because it wasn't upsetting, or sad that this wonderful person and family went through this, but because the author has an amazing sense of humor.
This is a wonderful book, one of those kinds that leaves a warm, fuzzy feeling inside, and Jay Lefevers, really does an excellent job conveying his feelings through the pages of this book. I commend him
Bri
Jul 15, 2012 Bri rated it it was amazing
The way the author was able to make me focus on "living" rather than "dying" was refreshing from a memoir dealing with cancer. It was easy to connect with the characters and stories and I found myself wanting to know even more about their journeys. I highly recommend!!
Christy
Aug 10, 2012 Christy rated it it was amazing
This book is a memoir written by the same person this book is about and what a miraculous story he tells. It starts off with alot many of us know about, the inept of our healthcare system but particularly some doctors. The auther had a true heart and his heart was very much involved in his writing from his first notices of a problem to not letting that problem get him down. I think with all that he accomplished and shared not only with his family and friends but the "troubled" kids he was ...more
Travis Angry
Jul 29, 2012 Travis Angry rated it it was amazing
This book was exciting from beginning to end. Jay Lefevers takes the reader on a journey through 2 tough medical/health battles, and the strong courage to coach an inner city youth baseball team. This amazing story shows the value between father/daughter relationship. I encourage everyone to purchase this book and impact our families and communities through Jay Lefevers story of "Cancer on the Brain".
MC Coolidge
Sep 07, 2012 MC Coolidge rated it it was amazing
I know the author, so I might be partial -- but as an avid reader of memoirs and an even more avid appreciator (is that even a word!?) of individuals who face adversity with a formidable determination and spirit, this story moved me, and I heartily recommend it.
Diane
Jul 19, 2012 Diane rated it it was amazing
This was one of those 'can't put it down' kind of books! Not only was it easy to read, enjoyable to read, it really hit home!!! Jay takes the reader along with him on his journey dealing with this vile disease!! It makes you laugh, cry and really think! A 'must have' on ALL bookshelves!
Funfish1122
Sep 04, 2012 Funfish1122 rated it it was amazing
When you need inspiration reach for this book. With each page you are dumbfound by the challenges Jay had to deal with AND overcomes!!!
T.
T. rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2013
Gavin
Gavin rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2014
Lynn Ambrose
Lynn Ambrose rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2012
Lyn Lefevers
Lyn Lefevers rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2012
John
Jul 15, 2012 John rated it it was amazing
Great read. Inspirational story that is also true.
John Kerastas
John Kerastas rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2012
Rhe
Rhe rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2013
Adam Klever
Adam Klever rated it it was amazing
Romey
Romey rated it it was amazing
Jonathan Tamayo
Jonathan Tamayo rated it it was amazing
Vonze (Yvonne)
Vonze (Yvonne) marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2012
David Holtzclaw
David Holtzclaw marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2012
Eileen Johnson
Eileen Johnson marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2012
Julie Kercher
Julie Kercher marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2012
Nadine
Nadine marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2012
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2012
Joseph
Joseph added it
Aug 25, 2012
Lauri
Lauri marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2012
Mady
Mady marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2012
Kelley Tackett
Kelley Tackett marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2012
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2012
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2012
Deja
Deja marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2012
Katrina Mcghee
Katrina Mcghee marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2012
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2012
Tamara
Tamara added it
Dec 16, 2014
Kellie Jones
Kellie Jones marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2012
Danielle Joy
Danielle Joy marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2012
Frederic
Frederic marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2012
Wendy Railey
Wendy Railey marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2012
Meg
Meg marked it as to-read
Lily Clegg
Lily Clegg marked it as to-read
Lynda
Lynda marked it as to-read
Sherry Ward
Sherry Ward marked it as to-read
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Deann
Deann marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2012
"Cancer on the Brain" was named a Finalist in the General Non-Fiction category of the 2013 Next Generation Indie Book Awards. The Indie Book Awards recognize and honor the best independently published books, in 60 categories, every year. Visit http://www.indiebookawards.com/aboutu....
More about Jay Lefevers...