Start by marking “Pluto Visits Earth!” as Want to Read:
Pluto Visits Earth!

Pluto Visits Earth!

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  121 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Pluto visits Earth in a truly out-of-this-world adventure!

Pluto is not pleased when he learns that astronomers have downgraded him from planet to dwarf planet. He embarks on a fun and out-of-this-world adventure across the solar system to visit Earth and reclaim his planetary status.

Along the way, Pluto bumps into his moons and other planets. But it's a boy on Earth who ma
Published August 1st 2012 by Orchard Books

To ask other readers questions about Pluto Visits Earth!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pluto Visits Earth!

Me...Jane by Patrick McDonnellBalloons Over Broadway by Melissa SweetA Seed Is Sleepy by Dianna Hutts AstonRedwoods by Jason ChinAn Egg Is Quiet by Dianna Hutts Aston
Best non-fiction picture books
269th out of 279 books — 83 voters
If You Decide To Go To The Moon by Faith McNultyKitten's First Full Moon by Kevin HenkesMoonshot by Brian FlocaHappy Birthday, Moon by Frank AschPapa, Please Get the Moon for Me by Eric Carle
Moon Themed Picture Books for Kids
37th out of 39 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Rachel
Long on fun and imagination, but low on information.
Barbara
When the news finally reaches Pluto that he has been demoted and is no longer considered a planet, he is understandably furious and decides to find out what has happened. He zooms as quickly as he can to Earth, passing by some of his fellow planets, but none of them can help at all. After all, they are dealing with their own problems and preoccupations such as keeping their moons in orbit. After heading to sn observatory, Pluto looms over the people below, but finds solace in the words of a boy ...more
Jenn Swanson
Pluto finds out that he has been downgraded from a planet to a dwarf planet and he is pissed. He goes to Earth and demands to know why. I think I enjoyed this story more than my daughter did. Then again, I grew up with Pluto as a planet so maybe it hit more closer to home to me or it could be the fact that she is only 3. Great book nonetheless. Worth checking out!
Kelli Bratten
This book was a great non-fiction book that had elements of the solar system throughout. The students would have learned about planets and the solar system so the book would be integrated into a unit where they were learning about the solar system. i would use this book in a third grade and fourth grade classroom. Even if some of the students were at higher reading levels, they would enjoy this book while reviewing topics that had already been learned. To integrate into language arts I would hav ...more
Stacy
This was a fun book. Pluto learns that his status of a planet has been changed to him being a dwarf planet. He's not very happy about this so he decides to come to earth to ask why this happened. A great book for children who love anything to do with space.
Andrea
Cute story about Pluto being demoted to a dwarf planet, but realizing he is still special.

This book provides an opportunity to educate children on the solar system and a bit about the history of the planets and especially Pluto.
Shelby Usrey
Tons of information is in this book! It's a great book that could be used to teach students about the planets! Plus it includes information about Pluto not being included as a planet and explains how it was found! The illustrations are fit the story so well and create a great story to go along with the informational facts about the planets! This book is another book needed in the library in the classroom! It could be used in so many ways!
Amanda
When the news of his newly demoted planet status reaches Pluto, he angrily visits Earth to demand his planet status back! He tries to enlist the help of other planets along the way. This cute tale, told from the viewpoint of Pluto will catch the attention of students and give them a small lesson in astronomy. The back pages include information explaining the reasons Pluto is no longer a planet. Fun story!
Julie
Interesting viewpoint about the story of Pluto. Great illustrations by Jared Lee.
Stephanie Croaning
This is a fun way to explain to younger kids why Pluto is no longer considered a planet. Although the plot seemed to jump around a bit, it does provide a lot of facts about Pluto and planets in our solar system.
Alice
This book s a great resource and could be used in a non-fiction way to talk about the solar system and Pluto. The story is fun and I learned a lot about Pluto!
Bethe
Cute story, back matter explains why Pluto was demoted from full planet status, which I never knew and always thought was an injustice :) Love the illustrations.
Heather
Best. Kids. Book. Ever. Quite funny for adults too. Had the conversation with your kid about Pluto not being a planet anymore? This explains it!!!
Gupta
Interesting. A boy talks to Pluto and Pluto comes to Earth because one of the space rocks come and tell him he is no more a planet..sad
April Rose
This book served as a cute way to explain to the kids why Pluto is no longer considered a planet in our solar system, but a dwarf planet.
Paula
Cute fictional story about the devastating news for Pluto when he hears the news about his demotion to dwarf planet. WCCPB
Lori
This was a fun book that explains why pluto was reclassified as a dwarf planet.
Teacher.
I would have loved for this book to have featured some facts along with the humor.
Emily
Great for students (and teachers) upset about Pluto not being a planet anymore.
Kayla
Cute, but had the potential to be awesome and came up short (sorry, Pluto...)
Stephanie
This is a cute story about Pluto's reaction to being reduced to a dwarf planet.
Donalyn
Pluto responds to the news that he's no longer considered a planet.
Emma (Miss Print)
*sniff* Pluto, you'll always be aces in my book too.
Sue
Ahhhhhhhhhh, now I understand!
Anna Banana
Anna Banana marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Karen
Karen added it
Jun 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I grew up in Queens, NY in the 1950s with my “baby” sister, Lois. She is now a wonderful writer of young adult novels and nonfiction. My mother was born in Vienna, Austria, and my father came from Brooklyn – an interesting match! My best friends were Neil, Robbie, Krebs, and Paul. I’m still good friends with most of these guys. It was less hectic in those days – no computers, no emails, fewer TV c ...more
More about Steve Metzger...
Detective Blue When The Leaf Blew In We're Going On A Leaf Hunt Five Little Penguins Slipping On The Ice The Way I Act