Start by marking “Leadocracy: Hiring More Great Leaders (Like You) into Government” as Want to Read:
Leadocracy: Hiring More Great Leaders (Like You) into Government

Leadocracy: Hiring More Great Leaders (Like You) into Government

FROM THE NEW YORK TIMES AND WALL STREET JOURNAL BESTSELLER

Do you think your life will get better in the future?

Geoff Smart had some doubts. He saw what you see—how broken government has become. He worried about his career, his family’s future, and our everyday quality of life.

Then one day, Geoff received an unexpected message that changed how he saw the problem.

Geoff wa
Published June 5th 2012 by Greenleaf Book Group Press

To ask other readers questions about Leadocracy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leadocracy

brandy oliver
Sep 19, 2012 brandy oliver rated it it was amazing
I try to keep politics aside from my book reviews, well, at least on my blog. Not necessarily politics in general, but party affiliation, and who I plan to vote for, etc.
I was surprised to receive a book that actually just made perfect sense, and didn't swing to either side whatsoever. I wish more people could think like this and could read between the lines. It irks me so much, what is going on in this country and I can't believe the news each day, and I certainly can't believe what in the worl
Lana Bradstream
Sep 21, 2012 Lana Bradstream rated it really liked it
The government sucks. Bad. During my journalism days, I was a political junkie. My life revolved around politics. Now that I am no longer writing political pieces, I have taken huge steps back. I read CNN every night before bed and that's it. I keep my head clear of it.

But, even though I am not as immersed in it as I was before, I can see (as I am sure most everyone else can) that the government is severely broken and in dire need of repair. Author Geoff Smart presents a way to fix it in the n
Rebecca
Sep 04, 2012 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Knowing that our government is in disrepair, how broken it was, Smart was worried about the future of the government, his career, his family, and the future. He was asked to help, to help bring light to these problems and share it with us everyday Jack and Jill's who may be a bit clueless about what's really going on.

Smart went behind the scenes into the private sector where he learned from the those who had made the leap and are working in the government. Really doing his research, he writes Le
Rick
Nov 16, 2014 Rick rated it it was amazing
This is a very good book that has an excellent idea for getting more excellent private sector leaders into government. It postulates that leaders who have never had to balance a budget or meet specific goals with an organization can't be expected to do so in the government. There is also a scorecard that we as voters can use to determine if someone who makes promises will be able to deliver on those promises. I do recommend this book to anyone who wants a government that is streamlined and ...more
Sherry
Aug 27, 2012 Sherry rated it it was amazing
This author says that what this country and the entire world need these days is good government. He says that the only way we are going to get that is we persuade our best leaders to enter government service...for a minimum of two years.

By our best leaders he means people who have proved that they can lead...by building a successful business or running a corporation/ organization successfully.

He makes a convincing argument. Really good book.
Kristina
Oct 25, 2012 Kristina rated it liked it
This was a very interesting book. I agree that we need to prepare/train/elect better leaders to run our governments. Smart has some reasonable suggestions for achieving this (like his 3 A's of leadership: Analyze, Allocate, and Align). It is written in a very basic, conversational style which I found a little annoying being an educated management level leader myself.
Kelly
Aug 14, 2012 Kelly rated it really liked it
Agree wholeheartedly with the point of revolutionizing our selection of leaders in government, and the idea of a two year commitment (a la Teach For America) in public service is a great idea. Loved the case study on Kristin Russell!
Lauren
Lauren rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2014
Tim LeGendre
Tim LeGendre rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2015
فرح الرميح
Sep 06, 2014 فرح الرميح rated it it was amazing
كتاب مميز عن كيفية جذب الشخصيات القيادية الى القطاع الحكومي.
Minesweeper
Minesweeper rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2012
Dorre
Dorre rated it did not like it
Jan 05, 2013
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2012
John
John rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2014
David
David rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2012
Sam
Sam rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2013
Rachel Hanebutt
Rachel Hanebutt rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2015
Writemoves
Writemoves rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2013
Josh Steimle
Josh Steimle rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Cameron
Cameron rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2016
John
John rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2015
Patrick Sheehan
Patrick Sheehan rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2016
Mike Rowe
Mike Rowe rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Daniel
Daniel rated it it was ok
Aug 07, 2015
Caroline
Caroline rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2014
Terry
Terry rated it it was ok
Oct 16, 2012
Shawn Riegsecker
Shawn Riegsecker rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2013
Rina
Rina rated it did not like it
Nov 05, 2012
Amber
Amber rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2015
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2014
Geoff Smart is the #1 thought leader on the #1 topic in business. He is Chairman & Founder of ghSMART, a leadership consulting firm that serves Fortune 500 CEOs and boards, billionaire entrepreneurs, and heads of state. He is the New York Times bestselling author of Who, Leadocracy, and Power Score: Your Formula for Leadership Success. Geoff and his colleagues donate hundreds of hours per year ...more
More about Geoff Smart...