Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Kid's Soul: 101 Stories of Courage, Hope and Laughter” as Want to Read:
Chicken Soup for the Kid's Soul: 101 Stories of Courage, Hope and Laughter

Chicken Soup for the Kid's Soul: 101 Stories of Courage, Hope and Laughter

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,503 Ratings  ·  96 Reviews
Kids wanted a "Chicken Soup" book of their own, so here it is! "Chicken Soup for the Kid's Soul" is for kids ages nine through thirteen, and it's "all that!"
Published July 30th 1998 by Turtleback Books (first published July 1st 1998)

Amy
Jan 15, 2009 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 9th-grade-books
Chicken Soup for the Kids Soul: 101 Stories of Courage, Hope and Laughter
By Jack Canfield, Patty Hansen, Irene Dunlap

I never believed in hope until I read Chicken Soup for the Kid’s Soul. There were kids, way younger than me, writing short stories of a problem, and believing that there is a way around everything. That’s right. Little 9-year olds, writing short-stories, not no 32-year old at home, thinking and writing, “when I was little, my mom……. And then…”
Oh My God! Can you believe it?! Thes
Sara Darr
Jan 07, 2012 Sara Darr rated it liked it
Chicken Soup for the Kid's Soul is a compilation of stories and poems written by a range of authors - mainly children but also some adults which include celebrities. The book explores themes such as friendship, dreams, bereavement, love and illness. It is recommended for children ages 8 onwards, however I disagree and think it most suited to Y5 and Y6 due to the content of some of the stories.

This book provides some short inspiring and enlightening stories which would be useful to discuss with c
Yasmine Urrea
Feb 07, 2013 Yasmine Urrea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
When I was reading Chicken Soup for the Kid's Soul by Jack Canfield, my first thought by the cover it's about 101 stories of courage, hope, and laughter maybe I could read a story and get inspired? To be honest, it did! One of my favorite quotes from the book is, "My teacher says I can grow up to be whatever I want to be. I want to be a kid". I'm a teen, but it's true, I will always have a mind of a kid and not grow up and be what I want to be. Have no bills to pay, waking up for work, drama-fre ...more
Anthony Guo
Jun 05, 2011 Anthony Guo rated it it was amazing
Chicken Soup for the Kid's Soul is a book that consists of many other stories of kids and teenagers. Those stories are organized into sections that have different themes such as: on love, on friendship, on family, on attitude and perspective, on death and dying, achieving dreams, overcoming obstacles, on choices, tough stuff, and eclectic wisdom. All of these themes are relevant to the world, and they are really important in life.
I enjoy this book really much because I get to read other people
Farah
Question: Ada berapa banyak sih, seri Chicken Soup itu??
Gue mau deh beli SEMUANYA *maruk* hihihihi

Gue inget deh dulu di TV 7, cerita Chicken Soup itu dijadiin tv series. Gue suka nonton hehehe...

Cerita yang paling touchy di buku ini adalah cerita tentang kakek yang baru belajar membaca. Gue nangiiiisss bacanya, karena kangen sama kakek gue yang udah meninggal huhuhuhuhu....
Gue selalu berpikir, orang-orang masih punya kakek sampe mereka tumbuh dewasa adalah orang-orang yang beruntung.
Anyway buku
Marvin
Sep 07, 2011 Marvin rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read in the Chicken Soup for the Soul series and it absolutely delivers on its promise. The book is special because it shares many true life stories, submitted by real people about their experiences. Even though I'm in university, I still found inspiration in the triumphs of children. I think this is a soup that could do a soul at any age some good.
Paula
Aug 04, 2014 Paula rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This "Chicken Soup" book contains 101 heartwarming stories contributed by children and adults (some celebrities) that will resonate with readers of all ages. Youngsters will find stories of humor, empathy and pluck that can offer advice, inspiration or encouragement in difficult times. With all the weighty issues and familial upheaval affecting youngsters today, this book can be a welcome friend in time of need. The vignettes are punctuated with several comic strips, like Family Circus and Snoop ...more
1D'slilsweatheart
Jul 15, 2014 1D'slilsweatheart rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicken-soup
The chicken soup series has many stories in which everyone has relatable stories.
Jake Danishevsky
Dec 09, 2013 Jake Danishevsky rated it it was amazing
My daughter introduced me to these series. On one of our trips to a bookstore, she asked me if I could get her a pocket version of Chicken Soup for the Soul. As my wife and her read it together, they both absolutely loved it and told me of how wonderful these books are.

I have never read any Chicken Soup for the Soul books, but my 9 year old daughter, at that time, has been already exposed to them. On our recent trip to the bookstore, she was looking for something that she needed for school. I wa
Ivan Kusuma
Apr 01, 2011 Ivan Kusuma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: NIce book to build character...
This book contains real stories.There are children love story, the meaning of friendship for children, the meaning of family for children, etc. Many valuable thing you can get from this book.
One of them is story about a brother who loves his little brother that suffered autism. At that time the rain falls. At home there are only brother and his little brother. His mother out, and his father join meeting in his office. And the brother get task to take care of his little brother. But, when he ta
Heather
Apr 30, 2015 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I get these books for my daughters. They both can read very well but they still love for me to come in and read these books every night to them the stories are short and all have great message. The love them.We got this one and they like it ok but still love for me to read them myself instead of audio.
Maggie
Apr 05, 2009 Maggie added it
Shelves: 2008-2009
Chicken Soup for the Kid's Soul: 101 Stories of Courage, Hope, and Laughter by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, Patty Hansen, and Irene Dunlap is a collection of essays and poems written mostly by children, as well as some adults. The collection is filled with inspiring stories of kids making a difference in their own lives and the lives of others. The stories here show that children can be heroes because they show life expiriences and how they got over them. Mixing the serious, sad, and somet ...more
Thomas Herrin
Apr 24, 2012 Thomas Herrin rated it it was amazing
This pleasant book is intended to teach kid's to deal with different life issues, so that it helps them understand and accept many troubles of the world and the world inside themselves. There are various stories written by kids about problems they faced or overcame in life and it can encourage and inspire you. There are different categories of stories which specify on one topic, for example love, friendship, family, attitude, achieving dreams, and choices are just a few. This book really made me ...more
Rachel
Jan 25, 2016 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I honestly have not even read through this whole book yet. I read it when I was younger and I thought it was the greatest (book) idea in the world. I loved how it was set up and how the storys were meaningful and short and to the point. :)
Ashley
Aug 31, 2015 Ashley rated it it was amazing
This was a great book. It was funny, sad, happy, and serious all at the same time. I am ready to read the next one. I recommend this book for all ages, although there are some serious topics in a few of the chapters.
♥Xeni♥
I used to hate Chicken Soup books. Until one day, I opened one up, and realized that they were essentially a collection of short stories! Some badly written, some well written, some really horrible, but at least all of them somewhat entertaining!

The only thing I have to complain about is that they are all so positive and uplifting and trying to teach me something that after a while (since the books are really long, they took a while for me to get through, and after a week of reading...) they go
Dillon Swanson
Dec 17, 2012 Dillon Swanson rated it it was amazing
Are you totally confused on how to handle conflicts in life? Or decision-making? If so this is the book for you. Chicken Soup for the Kids Soul is a great book for anyone to read. I finished this book about two weeks ago and man has it changed me. This book talks about a variety of topics such as Decision Making, Death in the Family, etc. For each topic/chapter it includes a few poems from kids ages 9-13, and a couple of stories by various authors.
This is probably one of the best books I have
Melissa Nunez
Apr 19, 2009 Melissa Nunez rated it it was ok
This book is interesting because it tell you alot about kids. It also tells you what are some souls for the kids . This book will give you alot of ideas as being a kids. This books is about difrrent authors writing stories about kids so i cant really tell you what is it about because its to much chapters and you might get confused . What i like about this book is that the storys are not made believe they real ( non-fiction). I dislike this book because its confusing of what kind of things ur rea ...more
Vale
Sep 23, 2015 Vale rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood
my mom read these little stories to me as a kid. i still have this physically on my shelf for the good memories. the stories teach children great life lessons
Santino Maulucci
May 31, 2014 Santino Maulucci rated it really liked it
A nice book. Some lame stories,some good ones,some sad ones,but in all a good book. I enjoyed it.
Feb 27, 2015 Laura rated it it was amazing
This was really the first preteen's soul, there are three, from 1998, 2000, until 2003.
Yanika Noel
May 28, 2015 Yanika Noel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
This book is amazing. If you need a little hope, laughter, inspiration, courage, read this book. It is beautifully written. It includes a big amount of different stories from all ages and, also includes stories by, Roald Dahl, Muhammad Ali and much more!
All I can say is, please read this book!
Monica
May 06, 2014 Monica rated it it was amazing
I love these books!!!
Tamia
Sep 11, 2014 Tamia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I recently read a depressing book, and this lifted my spirits and made me very happy.
Azara Mahtani
Apr 19, 2016 Azara Mahtani rated it it was amazing
This book is really special. It tells different stories about so many children's lives and how they dealt through problems and tough times. My mom & I used to read this when I was younger - in primary school but then I didn't really understand all of the stories. Now I tend to re-read it every few months and sometimes read a couple of stories in there in a week. I am looking forward to reading the other books in the 'Chicken Soup' series later on.
Nov 11, 2009 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was one of my favorites in Elementary School. Alot of the kids in my grade had read/ was reading this book, and I wanted to get it. When I finally did, I was so excited. I read every chance I got. When I read it, I cried, I laughed, I understood. I highly recommend this to anyone.
Bee Lubis
Mar 29, 2016 Bee Lubis rated it really liked it
Shelves: no-indonesia
I gave this book to my younger brother as his 17th birthday present. Few months later, I had chance to read the book. Some stories are funny, some are sad, some are amazing. The book reminds me about one special thing, "Deep inside, every person has childish side in heart".
Africanpersonalities2000
Jul 13, 2009 Africanpersonalities2000 rated it it was amazing
great read for children 4-11 years of age and many of the stories were composed by young writers.It is an excellent example of writing expecially for those who have doubts concerning the genius of young people. Wisdom from the mouths of babes.

peace and light

Levine
Feb 19, 2012 Levine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fictions
"cinta berarti mau menunjukkan pengertian. Cinta berati mau mendampingi yg sedang membutuhkan. Cinta berarti mau menjadi sahabat. Cinta adalah sebuah pilihan."

Lagi-lagi...penerjemahnya rada kaku. jadi rada aneh bacanya..
Sheridan
Mar 14, 2011 Sheridan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book for kids to read. It shares stories from other children that have challenges that they are going through. It can help children solve their own problems, if they decide the book can. I loved this book!
  • Hadiah Terindah (Chicken Soup for the Soul Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Taste Berries for Teens: Inspirational Short Stories and Encouragement on Life, Love, Friendship and Tough Issues
  • Amelia's Most Unforgettable Embarrassing Moments (Amelia's Notebooks, #16)
  • Bule Juga Manusia - Petualangan Turis Gila di Indonesia
  • The 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People: What Scientists Have Learned and How You Can Use It
  • Reconciliation: Healing the Inner Child
  • Drunken Marmut: Ikatan Perkumpulan Cerita Teladan (Cicitan Harimau Pidi Baiq)
  • After Orchard
  • Your Best Life Now for Moms
  • Evolutionary Enlightenment: A New Path to Spiritual Awakening
  • Aku Terlahir 500gr dan Buta
  • Tipografi dalam Desain Grafis
  • The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, Volume One
  • Building Mental Muscle: Conditioning Exercises for the Six Intelligence Zones
  • Mafalda 8 (Mafalda, #8)
  • Chicken Soup
  • Revolusi di Nusa Damai
  • A Handbook to Literature

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...

“[EDITORS’ NOTE: For support in dealing with the illness or loss of a loved one due to an illness, call Kids Konnected at 800-899-2866.]” 0 likes
“DARE Rap When you SMOKE It’s no JOKE Smoking turns lungs BLACK And causes you to HACK If you go ahead and SMOKE You are going to CROAK If you smoke POT Your brain will ROT When you drink BEER You can’t think CLEAR When you drink BOOZE Your brain will SNOOZE If you take a DRUG You turn into a SLUG When you get HIGH You might try to FLY And you will DIE So if you go to a PARTY Be a SMARTY! Listen to my VOICE Make the right CHOICE If you never drink and DRIVE You have a good chance of staying ALIVE. Shelly Merkes, age 12” 0 likes