Untouched (Denazen, #1.5)

Untouched (Denazen #1.5)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  1,447 ratings  ·  143 reviews
Until he met Dez, Kale’s days were filled with violence and death. He was used as a weapon of destruction by the power hungry men of Denazen. He’s a Six. A person with an abnormal ability. Some people call them gifts, but not Kale. Kale’s touch means instant death.

But now there’s Dez, the girl he can touch, and they’re hunting down Sixes and warning them about Denazen. Kal...more
Published March 27th 2012 by Entangled Teen

To ask other readers questions about Untouched, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Untouched

Obsidian by Jennifer L. ArmentroutOnyx by Jennifer L. ArmentroutOpal by Jennifer L. ArmentroutTouch by Jus AccardoShadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Entangled Teen
7th out of 46 books — 137 voters
Lover Reborn by J.R. WardOnce Burned by Jeaniene FrostIced by Karen Marie MoningDeadlocked by Charlaine HarrisBiting Cold by Chloe Neill
Most Anticipated Books of 2012! {PNR, UF & PNYA}
186th out of 625 books — 1,781 voters

More lists with this book...

Giselle
Kale is a character like no other. Being imprisoned by Denazen his whole life, he never got to learn social behavior. Social skills and etiquette are completely lost on him. He doesn't understand slang or why people lie. He gets bewildered by elementary things. It's sad in a way because of what he went through, but it's strangely fascinating to see how human behavior is perceived to such alien eyes - and not to mention terribly amusing. You gotta admit, a lot of the things we say and do ARE biza...more
Tana
Untouched (Denazen # 1.5) by Jus Accardo

Untouched is a short novella, all told from Kale’s point of view, the interesting thing about the story being told by Kale is that he sees things very different from everyone else due to he was locked up and isolated for a very long time. Since he has never experiences everyday things we get to see firsthand his confusion and lack of humor. I have to say it was great reading this story from Kale’s point of view.

Kale and Dez have set out to track down other...more
Stacia (out of inspiration)
40-ish page short which takes place in between books 1 and 2. This chapter is in Kale's PoV. Normally, I like when we get to see a glimpse of the male PoV, but being inside of Kale's head doesn't do it for me. However, I am glad that I opted to read this story because it introduces a new character and places our sixes in a tricky situation by the end, which is where I'm assuming book 2 will pick up at.

Could you skip this one? I'm guessing you could, since most side stories are usually bonus PoV'...more
Amber
Wow, He sure is PUUURRRDDYY! Review to come...
Jacinda
It's not long enough! Haha
Suzanne
Kale and Dez are travelling around the country, trying to contact other sixes and take them back to safety. After they visit the next six, they are heading to an amusement park so that Dez can get some "Kale time" as she calls it. She doesn't really trust them and tags along to the amusement park. Where they are attacked by one of Denazen's best, Samsen. A nightmare from Kale's past. He can control Kale just by using his voice.

This short story is told from Kale's POV. It is quite amusing being...more
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Untouched Review on K-Books

Wow, what a novella. I was completely and utterly sucked back into this incredible world that Jus Accardo has built. Usually novellas are not my favourite books and most don't get over a 3 star rating. I just usually feel like it's so short you can't really enjoy it as much as by the time you get into the book it's over. This is one of the exceptions. I absolutely loved Untouched and it has made me very excited for the upcoming second Denazen novel.

Dez and Kale are on...more
Rosa
Loved it! It was really short and that makes me have a sad face! I love Kale to no end and reading from his POV was just as funny! He still takes everything literally which just makes everything ho-larious! I sort of missed Dez's mouth cuz she really didn't talk. The little novella takes place in one day and then bam it's over! This is why I have the sad face :( Can not wait for Toxic!
Jenny  (hades2) (Chocolate Chunky Munkie)
You can see the full review at Chocolate Chunky Munkie

I have to say when this novella was released I jumped for joy. I was really pining for the next book in the series and it’s not released for a couple of months. So when I saw Untouched I did a little dance on the spot. I absolutely loved Touch! Understatement really, let me say this again I LOVED Touch. So when I found out that Untouched was being told from Kale’s POV, I was really excited. Kale has to be one of my favourite boy characters o...more
Ana
This review was done in conjunction with the review for Touch at thebookhookup.com
Ana & Celeste reviewed these books together.

♥ Initial thought after finishing:
Ana: Really enjoying this series! So many twists and turns…such evil bad people…and a great romance!

Celeste: Loved! Holy double crossing!! Fast paced with a great romance full of sparks (lol).

♥ The story:
Ana: I liked the adventure of these stories. There was lots of action and unexpected twists that kept the stories moving along quick...more
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
I absolutely adored Jus Accardo’s debut novel Touch, so when I was offered the chance to review her new novella Untouched, of course I jumped at the chance and honestly – I’m so glad I did because it doesn’t disappoint!

Untouched is a short story told from Kale’s point of view. Yes, you heard that right! It’s all about Kale. Anyway, in Touch we saw Kale escaping Denazen, meeting Dez and teaming up with other Sixes to try and take down Denazen. Now in Untouched he and Dez are trying to recruit a...more
Marie
Oooooh I love Kale!!

This little novella was so good and really gave you an insight into how Kale thinks. It gave us readers a chance to get to know him better and understand him aswell as to realise the full extent of how his past has affected him now.
His love and need for Dez is so goddamn cute! He relies on her for his restraint and his normalcy. Without her he thinks he is a monster *poor Kale*

I wasn't a good person. Today I'd proven that, if not to her then to myself. But arguing woul...more
Rebecca ♥ Kishan & Warner ♥
OMG, why havent I been able to find more romances like this? It has been a long time since I read a really great YA romance, and I didnt even realize it till I read this and remembered how much better Touch is compared to anything I have read in a long time. I cannot wait for Toxic!

The ending was really heartbreaking, how Kale feels really guilty about what he did and doesnt believe that he is a good person, even though Dez tells him she think he is, and that he shouldnt feel guilty. But he is g...more
Ferdy
A novella from Kale's perspective. Kale and Dez track down a Six to invite her to join them and to warn her about the evil corporation - Denazen. Kale, Dez and the Six decide to go to the local theme park to get to know each other better but it's not long before the Denazen agents turn up to cause havoc and ruin Kale's fun.
I loved reading from Kale's perspective and getting a glimpse of him adjusting to his freedom, finding out what he feels for Dez and how he's trying to fit in with those arou...more
Cindi
Mar 29, 2012 Cindi added it
Super fast fun read. Interesting & cool to see things from Kale's POV. I laughed at the things he struggles to understand. The only problem, really, was that it was over so fast & Toxic isn't out already.
Lindsey  {Lindsey's Bookshelf}
4.5 I really loved reading this in Kale's POV it made a change. I really good story a little short but still very good :)
Sara
I love Kale and Dez! This is a short book but worth the read.
Shannon
I am so in love with Kale..
Jessica (Step Into Fiction)
I fell in love with Kale in TOUCH but reading a book from his point of view? Yeah, I fell harder. He’s so innocent it’s adorable but it turns out, he’s not as innocent as you think. He’s just not used to the outside world. He can’t see the things we see because his entire existence was basically locked away from the world. He doesn’t see what is fun about a Ferris Wheel. He doesn’t see what’s appealing about an amusement park especially a clown. He has a dark side and we see it. His guilt seems...more
Erin
Okay, so I started reading Toxic and decided I probably should have read this first, so I backtracked. This was a really quick read and I was so happy to see a little more Dez and Kale!! Getting Kale's POV was great, because I just love his innocent naivete when it comes to the ways of the world. He's once again adorable when it comes to his unquestioning love of Dez, and it just made me melt all over again for him!!! It's also making me really nervous about reading Toxic, because I know what th...more
Melissa
I found the first book in the Denazen series, Touch, to be an okay book. My main concern with that book was that I had a hard time wrapping my head around Kale as a romantic lead for this story. He was a wonderful character with an interesting history, and I did want to explore more of the difficulties he faced as a result of being locked away in a Denazen facility for almost his entire life. He entered our society without any understanding of the subtleties of language or the conveniences of mo...more
Kelly Hart
Untouched is a novella in Jus Accardo’s Denazen series.

The story follows Dez and Kale as they recruit Sixes, not only warn them and protect them, but also to gain their help in the fight against Denazen.

On their way to an amusement park for a day of fun (and firsts for Kale), Dez and Kale have one stop to make. They must warn Kiernan McGuire – a Six who can blend into her surroundings like a chameleon -- of the Denazen threat.

Upon meeting them, Kiernan’s very reluctant to trust them, even tho...more
Dani (Pen to Paper)
Reviewed for the author on Pen to Paper.

I have been so excited to read more from this series for so long now - I LOVED Touch - and although this is a short read, it's definitely keeping me going for now... until I can get my hands on Toxic, anyway!

Kale is one of my absolute favourite YA heroes at the moment - he's tough, protective and loyal, but oh so naive, which makes him both cute and hilarious, all in one go! It's an interesting mixture, and it really does work with his character. He also c...more
Marcie
Untouched by Jus Accardo is a novella that takes place between the first and second book of the series. If you haven't read Touch, I recommend that you do so before you read this book. There are some definite spoilers if you haven't read the first book. I haven't read the first book yet so this is my first introduction to Dez and Kale. Accardo did an excellent job with filling in the blanks so I didn't feel lost while reading.
In this novella, the main characters, Dez and Kale are searching for o...more
Lola
I got a copy for review in exchange for an honest review.

I really liked touch and immediatelt started this short story afterwards. This was a short story, but it was interesting and definitely adds something to the story. This short story is told from Kale's perspective and I loved seeing things from his perspective. He is so naive and knows so less about the world that surrounds him and the author did a wonderful job of writing his perspective and make it believeable.

I escpecially liekd the fir...more
Sandra "Jeanz"
MY REVIEW

I Love that Kale is once again on the cover of this book, you can certainly see what Deznee means about those beautiful blue staring eyes! Hmmm tasty!
Untouched is a short novella that follows after Touch (to keep us going a little until Toxic is released in September 2012). This time the story is from Kale's point of view, so it has some humour, as he is still relatively new to the experiences of the outside world away from Denazen Corporation.
Deznee and Kale are working with Ginger an...more
Marissa Novels On The Run

Untouched is told through the eyes of Kale - a Six that grew up under the unloving strong arm of the Denazen Corp. He's now out, thanks to Dez and trying to assimilate into the normal world whilst saving other Sixes along the way.

As he has never experienced life on the outside.....Kale gets seriously flummoxed whilst trying to navigate everyday life! Thank goodness he has Dez with him - the one person who is immune to his deadly touch...and the one calming person in a sea of crazy whom he loves...more
Vi
Yes! A novella from a male’s POV. You all know how I’m a sucker for that, lol. And this one was even better because it was told from Kale’s POV, which is very different because he wasn’t exposed to the “real world” until recently and is basically learning how society works through a fully cognitive mind, unlike how we would learn it growing up from babies. The way Kale views the world, how people act & what they say is so hilarious and I loved every minute of it. I especially love how he vie...more
Shy The WidowMaker
This was a short story with punch. Oh my god I thought I was in love with the yuminess called Kale before but after this book I am in more in love. Kale is just plain and simple hot and this book showcased it even more. I loved that we got more of Kale's point of view this time around and it was so worth it. It was something truly amazing to see the way he views things that we consider normal to us. You sometimes forget that he is not your average person. I loved the author's writing style and h...more
BookHookup
**This was received from the publisher but that did not influence the review**

Ana and Celeste reviewed this on The Book Hookup

Ana: In Untouched, the adventure continues as the characters continue to try to escape the corporation’s evil and save other “Sixes” – people with special powers. Touch captured me right from the very beginning and ensured that I fell in love with these characters!

Celeste: This was from Kale’s point of view and while I loved the first book, this was more like a filler sc...more
  • Fearless (Elemental, #1.5)
  • Revolution (Collide, #4)
  • Lucid (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #2)
  • Catching Suki (Lila, #0.5)
  • Rebirth: An Eden Prequel (The Eden Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Waiting for Mercy (Cambion, #2)
  • Eternal (Holloway Pack, #0.5)
  • A Dance with Darkness (Angelfire, #0.5)
  • Fledgling (Tri-Realms Saga, #2)
  • Shadows (Lux, #0.5)
  • Redemption (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #4)
  • Dreamscape (Netherworld, #1)
  • Prophet (Struck, #0.5)
  • Legacy Lost (The Syrena Legacy, #0.5)
  • Valkyrie Symptoms (Valkyrie, #0.5)
  • Between (Heven and Hell, #1.5)
  • The Warrior (Dante Walker, #3)
  • Resist (Possession, #0.5)
Jus Accardo is the author of YA paranormal romance and urban fantasy fiction.

A native New Yorker, she lives in the middle of nowhere with her husband, three dogs, and sometimes guard bear, Oswald.

Her first book, Touch, came out in November 2011 from Entangled Publishing. She is represented by Kevan Lyon of Marsal Lyon Literary Agency.
More about Jus Accardo...
Touch (Denazen, #1) Toxic (Denazen, #2) Tremble (Denazen, #3) Ruined (The Eternal Balance, #1) Rules of Survival

“What do we have here? Is my super-hot assassin boyfriend freaked out by clowns?” 25 likes
“What kind of guy was I? My idea of fun was Dez. My eyes found hers. Spending time with her, holding her…. kissing her. Just being close to her. These were the things I enjoyed. The things that made me feel most alive. I believed without a doubt that my heart began to truly beat the day I met her.
She cleared her throat and looked away, blushing. It took a moment for me to realize why. She'd been thinking of kissing. I 'd told her just last week kissing her was my second favourite thing to do. The first – well, she told me that was something we should keep between us. I didn't understand why exactly. Everyone should know about something so amazing, but I took her word on it.”
19 likes