Start by marking “Black Cat: Creed, Vol. 2 (Black Cat, #2)” as Want to Read:
Black Cat: Creed, Vol. 2 (Black Cat, #2)

Black Cat: Creed, Vol. 2 (Black Cat #2)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  2,030 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Two years ago, Train, a high-level assassin known as Number XIII in Chronos, left the secret society to live by his own rules. Since then, Train has been a sweeper, a bounty hunter, catching criminals and bringing them in alive. But his main mission is to find a former Chronos member who killed his best friend.
Published May 2nd 2006 by VIZ Media LLC (first published June 18th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Black Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Cat

Rena
This is almost an entirely different story from the anime. I am still not sure which version I like better yet. Maybe I just like both of them. They each have their own ups and downs. Basically, Train wants to kill Creed because Creed murdered a friend of his. That story is just beginning to unfold. I like Eve. She is really sweet, and I hope we get to see more of her personality soon.
Christina
After Train Heartnet and his partner, Sven Vollified, successfully reclaim Eve (but unsuccessfully claim their bounty money) Creed, the man from Train's past who had also killed his best friend, shows up and kidnaps another female friend of Train's, using her as bait. Creed attempts to recruit Train into his haphazard organization of rebels against Chronos, but all that Train sees is a chance for vengeance. But Creed has changed. His powers are much stronger than before. Will Train be able to ex ...more
Fudz
Akhirnya penjahat bernama Dorneo berhasil dikalahkan. Dorneo pun mengungkit nama Creed, yang dulu pernah menjadi partner Train. Ingatan Train pun di bawa kembali ke masa lalunya yang kelam. Creed adalah partner Train yang dulu pernah membunuh orang yang disayanginya, Minatsuki Saya. Creed mengumpulkan orang-orang dengan kemampuan khusus untuk menjadi pengikutnya dan menguasai dunia. Rinslet pun tak luput menjadi sandera, supaya Train mau bertemu dengannya. Pertarungan antara Train dengan Creed p ...more
Sevairi
Again, this review comes after rereading this volume. Just a fair warning, a few of my next manga reviews will all be after rereading. I'm continuing many of these series's from hen I read them in high school, and it's been many years since I've read them.

Anyways! Train and Sven appear to be a good team. I like that each of the characters in this series are strong, but still have room to grow an have not-so-perfect pasts (or so it appears). I really like the new bond between Sven and Eve as well
Luula
Apr 01, 2012 Luula rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Finishes off the story that the first volume started, fair enough.
Eve teams up with Train and Sven.
They all decide to take a little break, just to relax and let Sven heal up. Rins gets kidnapped, and Creed summons Train to see him.

Pretty much it really, can't say much more without giving away everything.
This manga has guns, assassins, cute little girls who'd kill you without blinking an eyelid and humour. What more would you want?
The drawings are pretty damn good too :D
Selena
This volume makes you ask more questions than it answers. The fight scenes feel rushed and disjointed.
Yvensong
In this book, we've been introduced to a antagonist that is as interesting as the Black Cat. Looking forward to where this story arc is taking us.
Amaury
Train Nierhart, also known as "Black Cat" was working for chronos as number 13. He quit the organizaion to become a sweeper. He now works with Sven to win money off catching criminals.
I didnt like this story because after going into the middle of the story, the story didnt have as much action as it did in the beginning.
The Literary Expedition
A great expansion of the universe established in the first manga. The characters have pasts I want to get to know and the cliffhanger makes me want to keep reading.

Read Hollie's full review here
Amy
Aug 17, 2014 Amy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
This was a pretty good volume. I especially enjoyed the fight between Train and Creed, which got me really hooked to this series. We also get to see more of Train's dark side, which is actually kind of scary since we mostly see him being carefree.
Steph
Apr 07, 2011 Steph rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: action manga lovers
Shelves: manga
One of my all time favorite manga series. Not my first, but second or third at the least.

~~

Rereading for the love it. Still a great manga; I've gotten my friends to read it too.
Dilan Smith
Creed's sword made this so badass.
Tyler
Very funny! Interesting too. Nice mix of comedy and action. Oh, and Train and Sven are hot.
Alexander McQuire
I felt this volume was stronger than the last, I hope the series is as good and strong as this one
clara[iloveaaron:]
This is one of the best Black Cat books, I'm not sure why but i like this one a lot.
Almira
Creed's obsession is just so weird and really...he's one hell of a creepy guy.
Autumn
Jan 03, 2012 Autumn added it
I'm liking this series much more than I anticipated.
Amanda Gonzalez
black cat is good but it needs more fun,action,and more.
Alvina
I want to read more. :(
Lola
It was Awesome.
  • D.N.Angel, Vol. 9 (D.N.Angel, #9)
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. 02: Old Man of the Land and Aria of the Night Sky (D.Gray-man, #2)
  • Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol. 4 (Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE #4)
  • Claymore, Vol. 03: Teresa of the Faint Smile (Claymore, #3)
  • Buso Renkin, Vol. 5
  • Zombie-Loan, Vol. 2
  • Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 8 (Rosario+Vampire, #8)
  • Bleach Volume 18: The Deathberry Returns (Bleach #18)
He is a Japanese manga artist. His mentor was Takeshi Obata, the illustrator of Death Note, Hikaru no Go and Bakuman.
Yabuki is best known for his series Black Cat which ran from 2000 to 2004 in Weekly Shōnen Jump and later adapted into an anime. Since 2004, he has only been working as illustrator to works written by other authors. Most notably on the series To Love-Ru alongside his former assistan
More about Kentaro Yabuki...
Black Cat: The Man Called Black Cat, Vol. 01 (Black Cat, #1) Black Cat: One-Day Darling, Vol. 4 (Black Cat, #4) Black Cat: What the Living Can Do, Vol. 3 (Black Cat, #3) Black Cat: The Price of Happiness, Vol. 6 (Black Cat, #6) Black Cat: Spark of Revolution, Vol. 5 (Black Cat, #5)

“People decide how to live their own lives! A scum bastard doesn't have the right to chain anyone down!" -Sven to Torneo” 3 likes
“Eve: I don't understand this word..."Freedom." Does it mean...I do what I want?
Sven: Yes.
Eve: Then I wouldn't have to kill anymore?
Sven: No more killing.”