Start by marking “No Dress Required (Love Required, #1)” as Want to Read:
No Dress Required (Love Required, #1)

No Dress Required (Love Required #1)

3.39  ·  Rating Details ·  3,265 Ratings  ·  226 Reviews
A sexy category romance from Entangled's Brazen imprint...

He'll make her forget all about the dress...

After years of ho-hum dating, Noelle Gregory is tired of fooling around. There’s only ever been one guy for her—Jake Conroy, her best friend’s older brother. Now that Jake’s back in town, she’s headed to his sister’s New Year’s Eve party to make her move. Purse full of con
Published December 25th 2011

To ask other readers questions about No Dress Required, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Dress Required

Exina
After years of secret longing, Noelle is determined to seduce her best friend’s brother, Jake, at the New Year’s party. Except that her plans are crushed when her car is carjacked, along with the perfect dress two hours before the party.

When Jake finds Noelle stranded on the side of the road — looking sexier than ever in her striped socks and silly holiday shirt, damn it — he’s glad for the snowstorm that cancels his sister’s party.

His and Noelle’s friendship has tormented him for years, and no
Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***

***2.5 Stars***

I picked this up as a quick read to squeeze in during my lunch break. I was in the mood for a quick, smutty read and knew that a Brazen best friend's older brother trope would fit the bill nicely. While the concept was there, the novella failed in execution. The ideas weren't fully fleshed out, and in turn, things felt disjointed, choppy, rushed and forced.

But, my main grievance is that there was little character chemistry. Both Nellie and Jake felt very one dimensional and I did
Wanderlust
I thought this was a sweet, teeny tiny story. They didn't have sexual scenes till 60% in so there was a lot of chemistry build up between the pair before they finally jumped to it. I thought the sex was steamy and the author managed to cram a lot into such a short book. I also was surprised by there was an actual story too. I enjoyed this book.

I would recommend this book but since it is only 61 pages i leave it up to you whether or not you would think it is worth the price.
Kayleigh {K-Books}
No Dress Required Review on K-Books

I really have no idea what to say in this review. I had never heard of this book before until I received the second book in this series for review from Entangled Publishing. I found this on Amazon for kindle and decided I would get it and read it before I started book 2, No Flowers Required. I kind of wish I hadn't because I really didn't enjoy this book.

Noelle, or Nellie, has crushed on her best friends brother, Jake, for years. So when her best friends New Ye
Lisa Jayne
Jan 05, 2013 Lisa Jayne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brazen-addict
Short, sexy and smutastic ... A quick and satisfying read that had me laughing and smiling from beginning to fabulous ending 4 steamy lovely stars!
Tina Vaughn
May 22, 2012 Tina Vaughn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cari Quinn has created a stellar friends to lovers story.

This is a perfectly-crafted novella that packs a big punch. I actually read "No Dress Required" while I was waiting on my daughter to finish ballet rehearsals. Can you say, "busy mommy loves novellas?" ;)

I really enjoy a friends to lovers story. Jake and Noelle are sweet, charming and delightful. There were parts of this story that had me laughing out loud. The writing is passionate and provocative. The characters and dialogue are witty an
Nicola Marsh
Devoured this in one sitting!
Absolutely sensational!

Cari Quinn has a unique voice that sucks you into the story from the very beginning.
For a shorter read, the emotional and sexual tension between Noelle and Jake is top rate.
Love, love, loved the fireworks they created! Steamy yet sweet.

Highly recommend.
Jen
I normally enjoy this author's work but this story seemed somehow disjointed from the beginning. She'd been in love with him forever but was just looking for one night, he wasn't ready for a relationship but was in love with her. At one point he tells her he's not ready for her to love him then, not even one minute later, tells her he loves her. Even the sex scenes were slightly awkward. It wasn't a horrible waste of time, but I really enjoyed Insatiable and Provoke Me so maybe I just had higher ...more
..CielCat..
2.5/5 stars

It was an okay read. I didn't really feel their chemistry. Even though it was only around 60 pages, it felt like it was too long.
She's in love with this guy forever, but al she wants going in is a one night stand? He lost the love of his life, but all of a sudden has always been head over heels for her?

Jennifer Probst
Feb 27, 2012 Jennifer Probst rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An absolute delight! In a short amount of time, Cari Quinn got me to bond with her heroine, fall in love and lust with her hero, and cheer this couple on to their happily ever after. Well written and fast moving, this is simply a must have for a romance reader's shelf!
Christi Snow
Dec 30, 2011 Christi Snow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Review:

A New Year's Eve that has not gone according to plan. First Noelle was pretty sure that she's losing her job, but that was offset by the fact that she found the perfect dress to seduce her best friend's older brother at the New Year's Eve party. But everything was blown when her car with that perfect dress in the backseat was carjacked.

It's no secret that I am a huge fan of Cari's writing and I LOVE that she is branching out into more mainstream contemporary romance. This book was just
Rachel Harris
No Dress Required is required reading for anyone wanting a fun, flirty read for New Year's Eve. It is a novella, so you can read it quickly in one big gulp, and even better it is only 99 cents. Truly, there is no reason why anyone should pass up this steal.

I adore stories written about best friends falling in love, or girls falling for their best friend's older brothers, and this book has both. Noelle and Jake are good friends, and he is the best friend's older brother that she's lusted over fo
Taryn Elliott
Dec 28, 2011 Taryn Elliott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: snarky, steamy
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

The friends to lovers trope is always good for me. And this one adds in friend's brother! BONUS. This was a quick romp through past mistakes, present mishaps, and the oh so beautiful possibilities of the future. Nellie and Jake have been circling each other for ages, both too afraid to face the idea of getting together.

Jake's a little shaky thanks to a surprise break up with his longtime girlfriend a few months before and Nellie is fed up with waiting for her shot with the man s
Melissa West
Jan 04, 2012 Melissa West rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Noelle Gregory is a smart, fun woman, who has always had a crush on her best friend's brother, Jake. (Just that bit of info should have you rushing to read this book!) So when her friend plans a New Year's party, Noelle comes prepared--perfect dress, perfect shoes, perfect bra--only she never gets the chance to put any of her sexy garments into use thanks to a carjacker stealing her car…and everything inside.

Noelle feels hopeless until she runs into Jake and finds herself alone with him at her
Nicola
Jul 15, 2014 Nicola rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are after a quick and reasonably steamy read this fits the bill. It is short but packs plenty in.

I had read it's successor No Flowers Required prior to this (which a full length and much steamier book), so I already had been introduced to Nellie and Jake. Both likeable endearing realistic characters, this is a story of how their relationship began and helped certain parts of No Flowers Required make a little more sense.

If you like contemporary sexy romance, this series is worth reading.
Stacey Kennedy
Feb 16, 2012 Stacey Kennedy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After a really long week and a horrible mood to finish it off this book was exactly what I needed! It's a fun, flirty, sexy novella that left me smiling and squirming in my seat! I adored the humor, the sexual chemistry between the characters made me shiver and all but drool onto the page, and to be honest, I simply lusted over Jake. AND...come on that title is just FANTASTIC!

This is my first taste of Cari Quinn and it won't be my last!!
Angela
25 January 2015: $0.99
Karla Doyle
Mar 08, 2012 Karla Doyle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cari Quinn writes such real, three-dimensional characters, it's easy and automatic to fall right into the story from the first paragraph. I was cheering for Noelle and Jake immediately. I loved this story. (Just wish it had been longer! LOL) :)
Riley Murphy
Apr 23, 2012 Riley Murphy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story! Fun and sexy. I'm a big fan of Ms. Quinn's. If you haven't read this one I would ask why the heck not? Go buy it. Now.
Christine Bell
Feb 15, 2012 Christine Bell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adorable novella, super sexy with fun, likeable characters!
Morgan
Dec 29, 2011 Morgan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars, 3-stars

Before I read No Dress Required by Cari Quinn:

I just downloaded No Dress Required on the Kindle App on my phone. All of my other books look like this:…………………………….., but No Dress Required looks like this:…. I just looked on goodreads.com and saw that No Dress Required is only 61 pages; that’s quite a short story. Oh well, sometimes the short ones are the best ones. I’m off to read this itty bitty book now.

5 minut
Alice
Aug 19, 2012 Alice rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, romance, 2012, favorites
I needed a quick, light read to get me to sleep, and that's exactly what I got in No Dress Required. Not that it bored me to sleep, but it got my mind off the book I didn't like and the book that messed with my head I'd just finished earlier that day. This was a sweet, quick, sexy read, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Noelle is in lust with her best friend's older brother, Jake. Jake is attracted to Noelle, who he's always called Nellie, but resists because he's known her forever, and his sister wou
Nellie has been crushing on her best friend's older brother Jake for as long as she can remember but the timing has never been right for her to make a move on him. Now Jake is single and his sister's New Years party is the perfect opportunity for Nellie to show him that she's no longer the young girl who used to follow him around and that's she's grown into the sexy woman of his dreams. But when a thief steals her perfect seduction outfit (along with her car and her handbag full of condoms!) it ...more
MBR
This is a score sheet review. For the full review with the scores, please visit MBR's Realm of Romance

Score Sheet Summary:

Noelle Gregory has always had a thing for her best friend’s older brother Jake Conroy. Though Jake has always viewed her as a pesky younger sister, Noelle’s feelings for him run far deeper towards a whole different direction. The timing has never been right for Noelle to pursue her feelings towards Jake. And when the opportunity does present itself, who is she to say no to
Netanella
First paragraph: “Get out of the car, dammit!”
Noelle Gregory stared at the leather covered finger pointing at her through the open car window. Where had the day gone wrong? A sunny December afternoon in Ohio was something to be cherished and enjoyed. She’d been doing just that, until she’d stopped at a deserted intersection four flipping blocks from her apartment and looked up to see a scruffy guy glowering down at her with his so-not-a-gun pointed her way.

"No Dress Required" starts with a great
Pamela
I saw this book on kindle for only 99 cents. I came on here an noticed it was just 60 or so pages and that most of the ratings were 3 stars and above. I decided to give this short story by an author I have never read, a try.

I am somewhat disappointed, and I feel like I wasted my time. I feel like there was so much more that could have happened between these two characters. I think the author did a great job of describing the scene and describing the erotic parts of the book but when it came to
Awilk -never sleeps-
A quick read that really didn't have anything new to it. I did enjoy the great beginning, but just one day after finishing it, there is no lingering memories of this book.
An enjoyable enough read, but totally forgettable.
Robin Bielman
Mar 16, 2012 Robin Bielman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story!
Vicki

✳✳ Copy provided by the author.
Sheryl
Loved it!! Ms Quinn always writes hot, sexy stories and this is no different!
E-copy GIVEAWAY of No Dress Required 1 8 Sep 24, 2012 06:47AM
  • What Are Friends For?
  • Two Wrongs, One Right (Come Undone, #3)
  • Wicked Heat  (Feel the Heat #1)
  • Just For Fun (The Bradfords, #4)
  • The Kiss
  • No Strings Attached (Falling for You, #1)
  • Defiled
  • Ashes and Wine
  • Weekend Agreement
  • Riding West (Untamed, #1)
  • Always You
  • The Horizon
  • Breath on Embers
  • Losing Control (Babysitting a Billionaire, #1)
  • The Oil Tycoon and Her Sexy Sheikh
  • Femme Fatale (Hard Bodies, #1)
  • A Night of Southern Comfort (The Boys are Back in Town, #1)
  • Seducing Her Rival
USA Today bestselling author Cari Quinn grew up wanting to be a singer more than anything else. When she realized she probably wouldn’t be hired as the opening act for the Foo Fighters, she stopped singing and started writing. Now she happily writes about rock stars, MMA fighters, suited heroes, bodyguards and everything in between. And she blasts her music as loud as the neighbors can stand, beca ...more
More about Cari Quinn...

Love Required (4 books)
  • No Flowers Required (Love Required, #2)
  • No Romance Required (Love Required, #3)
  • No Promises Required (Love Required, #4)

“Jake,” she whispered, the hot blast of her exhalation making him groan. He gave in and fisted his hands in her hair.
She opened to him at once, her body melting against his, wilting into his embrace so that it felt like his light pressure on her cheeks was all that held her upright. But her mouth was a hungry thing, her tongue diving in to tangle with his while her arms wound around his shoulders. He slanted his head to plunder her as deeply as he could, ravenous to explore every inch of her mouth.
Forget kissing. They were eating each other alive.”
3 likes