Start by marking “Six-Pound Walleye (Jake Hines, #4)” as Want to Read:
Six-Pound Walleye (Jake Hines, #4)

Six-Pound Walleye (Jake Hines #4)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  11 reviews
It's a gray, bone-chilling February in Rutherford, Minnesota, and bad moods are contagious. A schoolboy has been shot dead, and across town a riot has broken out -- apparently instigated by the police chief's son. For detective Jake Hines, spring is still a very long way off. But when a call about a dog shooting provides Jake and his team with the missing link, things star ...more
Published July 1st 2002 by Worldwide Library (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Six-Pound Walleye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Six-Pound Walleye

Elizabeth
Jakes Hines, a Heinz 57 variety kind of man, is the chief of detectives in Rutherford, Minnesota a town of about 100,000. He heads an excellent team of individuals who are called uptown to solve all kinds of crime from domestic disputes to high school fights.

In this story a young boy tragically dies in full view of many people as he is happily waiting for the school bus. He has been shot, but no one heard a gun and no one saw a shooter. The pages turn at a quick clip as a full investigation is
Lucy
Very good entry in an excellent, fun, fast-reading series. It started with Triple play, then Par four, followed by Five card stud. Each title gets a bigger number, so this is book 4 in the series. Also each title refers to a game or sport that has some importance in the book. In this one it's ice-fishing.
I like the police-procedural part, especially the interplay among the various detectives. There's also some nice personal life with Jake and his girlfriend Trudy, though there's some tension in
Rae
A new author with a mystery series! And they are set in fictional Rutherford, MN (southern part of the part -- Rochester????)

Cop is Jake Hines; his girl friend is feisty Trudy who works for the BCA. They live on a farm; quirky characters; they come up to Minneapolis quite a bit.

VERY well written and VERY complex plots ... Ms. Gunn is quite the person given some of the twists and turns she has in these books. She also has a series in Tucson, AZ which I will have to research.

So you will see quite
Patti
This is a very memorable entry in this series. Gunn ties together two incidents in a terrific and interesting way. This is a reread for me, and there were things that I strongly remembered, but some things I didn't. It's an excellent series, and while much of it is out of print, it is well worth tracking down.
Vfields used to be Happy!
This is the second in the series and I really like the way this author writes. I love the crimes and the way she hunts the predator that allows the cops characters to slowly develop and grow completely.
Kirsty Darbyshire
This will probably be the last episode I'll read in this series now the mailing list discussion of it has been completed.
Christina
Mystery novel set in MN. Okay story but seemed to be full of cliches, writing a little clumsy.
Katherine
Never read this author before but surpisingly I enjoyed it. I'd read more.
Dina
I really enjoyed this!
Mary Thomas
Jake Hines Mysteries
Maddy
RATING: 3.75
Buddy Eades
Buddy Eades marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Susan
Susan added it
Aug 22, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Kristine Pratt
Kristine Pratt marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
A one-time innkeeper with a taste for adventure, Elizabeth has been a private pilot, sky diver, SCUBA diver, and liveaboard sailor. Extensive travel in the US, Canada, Mexico and Europe led to a second career as a free-lance travel writer, during which she began writing a series of police procedural mysteries set in southeast Minnesota, where she grew up. Her books contrast the sometimes gritty ro ...more
More about Elizabeth Gunn...
Cool in Tucson (Sarah Burke, #1) Kissing Arizona (Sarah Burke, #3) New River Blues (Sarah Burke, #2) Triple Play (Jake Hines, #1) Five Card Stud (Jake Hines, #3)