Start by marking “Covet (Vampire Erotic Theatre #1)” as Want to Read:
Covet (Vampire Erotic Theatre #1)

Covet (Vampire Erotic Theatre #1)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  2,277 ratings  ·  263 reviews
They’ve burned for each other for two years, the forbidden attraction between them growing each night. Now resisting the sinful desires of their hearts is becoming impossible.

Javier knows better than to succumb to his hunger for Lilah. The mortal female belongs to a powerful aristocrat patron of Vampirerotique, the theatre he runs with three other vampires. A single touch
Published January 14th 2012 by Dark Rose Publishing (first published December 30th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Covet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Covet

Covet by Felicity HeatonEnslave by Felicity HeatonWithout Regret by R.L. MathewsonTall, Dark & Heartless by R.L. MathewsonDarkness Dawns by Dianne Duvall
Awesome Vampire Reads
1st out of 17 books — 5 voters
Tears of Tess by Pepper WintersMotorcycle Man by Kristen AshleyBreathe by Kristen AshleyKnight by Kristen AshleyMystery Man by Kristen Ashley
Rescue me!
30th out of 72 books — 38 voters

More lists with this book...

~*~Princess Nhya~*~
I knew there was a reason why I was saving this on my kindle. This was just what I needed to get me out of my very recent book funk.

Javier, Javier Could you ask for a more insatiable vampire? I think not. I am in love with this dude. Plus, the guy will have you like....
 photo heart-beating_zps5621f6b0.gif

This book has everything any PNR lover would want: Hot, endearing, & mysterious characters. Intense passion, intense action. Great dialogue. And a plot not only believable, but interesting. This is a quick read but not too qu
Lady Raven RAVE!
http://www.romancenoveljunkies.com for readers

BRIEF SUMMARY
Javier has been craving Lilah since he’s first seen her. As one of the owners of Vampireotique, Javier has to see Lilah, and the past two years as been unbearable restraining his desires for her. What prevents Javier from claiming Lilah, she is bond to another who is a powerful aristocrat. If Javier succumbs to his desires it will be immediate death for him and trouble for Lilah.

THOUGHTS (May contain spoilers)

Ladies, welcome t
Vanessa theJeepDiva
This was a very interesting new brand of vampire for me. Set in present day, yet it had an almost historical feel with the various levels within the vampire social hierarchy. There are also many rules that must be followed in their world. I truly feel that rules are supposed to be broken. Javier and Lilah feel the same way I do about rules.

The very human Lilah belongs to an aristocratic lord vampire. She hates him and the way he has taken her from one hell and made her into a servant in another.
SATIN SUE
Reading Romances
I love it when an author decides to create an impossible challenge for her couple. Especially when right at the beginning the reader thinks “how will they get out of this?”. Felicity Heaton not only writes strong sex scenes, but crafts a world full of impressive characters.

Read the full review here!
Kelly
Oh, hello, hot stuff. Whew. Can Felicity Heaton write the steamy or can Felicity Heaton write the steamy? *fans self* I will freely admit that this book hit all my forbidden love kinks. The strong, silent male who has an instant attraction to his female but has to deny it (for whatever reason) makes my heart go pitter-patter. In this case, Javier is bound by the laws of his kind to leave Lilah alone. To touch her would cause her terrible pain but things happen and the touching starts and ... it ...more
Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections
Javier and Lilah have been ferociously attracted to each other for two years. But, because she is the property of a powerful vampire, their laws and customs to do not allow for their joining. Because of this, Javier has kept his distance from Lilah and has just pined for her from a distance. As, fate would have it, the two succumb to the draw they feel towards one another. After that, their connection deepens.

Covet by Felicity Heaton is a great novella! Ms. Heaton was able to connect Javier and
Danielle (~Dani~)
Vampiric erotic romance. Haven't read a book in a long time where the male lead was so in touch with his sensitive side. Especially a male vamp. Not a bad read if you're in the mood for a highly sexual, yet loving (kinda alpha) male & an attractive good girl who knows what she wants.
Irena
The world or what information you get about it seems interesting enough. Vampires own erotic theatre where they perform with humans too. Lilah is a mortal who works there. Supposedly she belongs to an aristocrat vampire, but that doesn't prevent Javier to want her. That's the story. The rest are steamy scenes with these two. I'd recommend this for anyone in the mood for an ok erotic story.

The good is that the world seems interesting (I am guessing we get a bit more later) and certain events in
Ollie
Review by Ollie for bittenbyparanormalromance

This is the first book in Felicity Heaton's Vampire Erotic Theatre Romance Series and I have to say she is off to a very good start. This series seems to have a darker, sensual vibe to it and definitely more erotic. The story is about a forbidden love between a vampire and a human who is owned by another vampire set amidst the backdrop of an erotic theatre that caters to vampires and their needs.

Javier and Lilah have tried to hide and keep their passi
Jennifer (a.k.a The Book Nympho)
Covet is my first Felicity Heaton book and I LOVED it. I’ve had Her Dark Angel on my Nook waiting for me to read it. After reading this hot novella, I will be moving it up my TBR!

Covet is mix of romance, hot monkey sex and blood. And it all takes place in a vampire owned and ran theatre. But this isn’t any theatre; they don’t do plays or operas here. No they put on erotica shows for the elite vampires. There’s sex and feeding on stage to have the audience coming back for more and more.

These vam
Hbeebti
Wow what a sexy book this was. It was erotic yet utterly sweet at times. I think I am hooked. What I want to know is what happened to Snow? This series will become addicting for me.
Alyssa
See more reviews at Hesperia Loves Books

Come in close, I need to tell you a secret. Just a little closer *leans in* “ssshhhhh, don’t tell anyone but, this is my very first read by Felicity Heaton! WTH was I waiting for?!” I’m almost ashamed to admit that but the way I figure it, better late than never, right? If ever there was a book to pop my Felicity Heaton cherry, then Covet is definitely it! This sensational Erotic Romance story had me flying through the pages and rooting for Javier & Li
Mandi Schreiner
For two years, Javier and Lilah have had an intense attraction to each other but they are unable to act upon it for a very important reason. Javier is a vampire, and an Lilah is a human, but owned by a master vampire. Rule number one in their world – “an owned human must never be touched by a vampire other than their master.”

If touched out of desire or to feed from them from someone other than their master, will cause the bonded human intense pain, as well as alerting the master. The vampire tha
Kerry
What a Hot, Sexy and Devastatingly great way to start a series!!!! This first book of the series is devilishly erotic and definitely portrays heart racing emotions between the two main characters. Javier one of the devilishly handsome vampire Elite has been fighting his love for the forbidden fruit in the shape of Lilah ever since she started working at the Theatre, and as a human owned by another vampire things can never be without the threat of death should they give in to their mutual desire' ...more
Ronda  Tutt
Beautifully Written & Sizzling HOT!

This is a perfect story of a denied longing finally being fulfilled with desire and love to last forever. The emotional buildup between the characters Javier and Lilah is thrilling with excitement as they go against the vampire’s society rules and let their feelings and wants in their hearts rule their actions. The erotic scenes will definitely satisfy your minds sexual hunger and having you seeking your own release especially after the binding of Javier wh
Bex 'n' Books
As book one in as series, Covet effectively establishes a collection of characters that makes me eager to follow and get to know better. It establishes the theatre setting effectively and sets the marker for the level of heat that we can expect from this series. And Covet is one hot sexy book!

The characters are passionate and likeable. Javier,one of the vampire elite and Lilah, a human bonded to a powerful vampire, explore forbidden passion and love. They navigate their feelings for one another
Talina Perkins
Feb 10, 2012 Talina Perkins rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Talina by: http://www.felicityheaton.co.uk/ebooks.php?title=Covet
Shelves: must-recommend
(4.5 star Top Pick ~ Reviewed by Talina Perkins for Night Owl Reviews)

First Line:
There was one rule his kind honoured above all others: an owned human must never be touched by a vampire other than their master.

Teaser:
“Where is your master?” he whispered and turned towards her, his gaze on his hand where it held her wrist. The sight of his fingers locked around her, touching her at last, fascinated him. He had wanted this for so long that he couldn’t deny his desire for her. Even this simple touc
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)
*fanning self*

Review also posted at Under The Covers

A forbidden lust that has lasted two years, coveting from afar to finally explode into love. Javier is an elite vampire, one of the men to run a Vampire Erotic Theater. Since meeting Lilah, he had been lusting for her. She is a mortal slave; one already owned by another vampire. All this time, Javier and Lilah had managed to avoid each other and avoid being alone in the same room until they meet in a private box during a play *fanning self*. U
Tina

"Covet" what an optimal title for this book.

How would you like to be secretly coveted by a Vampire? One who has watched you and hungered for you for two long years knowing that if he touches you he will surely die? This is the story that Felicity Heaton weaves in a theater designed for the erotic pleasures of Vampires.

I thoroughly enjoyed this novella. The author creat
Lisa Jo
This was a quick read. I was drawn to Javier. He was intriguing & charismatic & also loyal for a vampire. ;) Head of the Theatre Vampirerotique. Lilah, the blood bond human was just ok at the beginning of the story but she warmed up (absolutely pun intended!) later on! I needed more from her bond Master. He showed up too late for me. I wanted to know more about him. I actually had this @ 4 stars but took one off because I really felt like Javier was too ignorant re: Lilah's dealings with ...more
Angela
It seems ages since I have read one of Felicity's books and this was a great re-introduction back into her worlds. I love Felicity's vampire worlds, her characters tormented, dark and loyal. With her scenes written with love and devotion Felicity does not miss one minor detail. She makes it easy to close your eyes and picture her settings and characters and a master of descriptive emotions.

This short romp of romance, forbidden lust and tantalizing bedroom action had me wanting to know more of th
Michelle
I started reading this book and loved the characters right away. Couldn't wait to get to the guts of the book. Didn't take long & let me tell you. Do NOT read this book w/out a tall glass of ice water handy!! It is HOT!! Great love story! Can't wait to read the next book....
Gemma
3 STAR short sexy read.

Javier has lusted for Lilah for the past two years however vampire law states that vampires cannot covet another vampire's property and Lilah is owned by a very powerful vampire.

Circumstances forces the pair to be alone together and the feelings that they have both repressed can no longer be contained. However now laws have been broken Javier faces death but Lilah's bond isn't typical so the pair try to work out a way to be together without facing the wrath of her owner.

Ja
Kristilyn (Reading In Winter)
Holy man! Where do I begin? This story was super sexy, romantic, with fighting scenes, blood (it IS a vampire book), and SO MANY OTHER THINGS! At first, I was ready to write this one off as having no storyline, since the main character pretty much comes in and then the sexy times start, but ... BUT! Then an awesome story comes out of it all that had me absolutely hooked! I loved both of the main characters, Lilah and Javier, and was rooting for them from the start -- even the secondary character ...more
Maria
A very nice start for a series that kept my interest from the beginning until the end. Sensual and spicy, this story has it all: nice plot, interesting characters and well-written erotic scenes.

Javier and Lilah want each other for the last two years. But it’s impossible to be together. He is a vampire and she is a slave of another vampire and forbidden fruit for him. Nothing easy in their situation but they can’t resist anymore and soon they will succumb in their passion without caring for the c
Julie Read Our Lips! Book Review Blog
For two years, Javier – vampire and co-owner of Vampirerotique (an erotic theater) is tormented upon looking at Lilah, a human who works at his theater. Lilah is forbidden to him as she belongs to another vampire and to touch Lilah would surely mean both their deaths.

But temptation cannot be held at bay forever and Lilah and Javier succumb to their passion. This unleashes a chain of events that will change things between them forever. Can Lilah and Javier’s love for each other survive?

----------
ReadingDiva
~~** Originally posted @ ReadingDiva's blog - Rating 4.5 of 5 **~~

**It contains spoilers**

Review: Covet is one of the hottest novela I have read in the paranormal genre and it is not going be the last. Felicity Heaton knows how to make it hot and sensual. Covet is the story of Javier and Lilah a vampire and a human slave. Though the story is short is it one that could almost leave you hyperventilating.

The plot is entertaining, Javier felt enthralled by Lilah’s beauty from the moment he saw her.
Guilty Pleasures
This review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Covet by Felicity Heaton was a titillating adventure through a new world of vampires. I love that she didn't reuse an old standard for everyone's favorite bloodsuckers, but instead made a new world in which you could fall into all over again! It is hard to remake such a well used subject and put your own twist to it, but Felicity Heaton has done it! Brava!!

Javier who was the hot hero of the book was conflicted between doing what he wanted with every fiber o
Lori {Romancing the Dark Side}
Forbidden love and unbridled passion come together in Felicity Heaton's sexy new release Covet!

For two years, Lilah and Javier have worked together at the Vampirerotique Theatre, their attraction for each other growing every day. When he leaves the theatre on family business, Javier thinks he can finally get the beautiful Lilah out of his thoughts, but absence only makes the heart grow fonder. Upon his return, Javier can no longer hold back his lustful feelings for Lilah and vows to make her his
Free Subscription...: On Scribd - Covet 1 3 Oct 27, 2014 09:05PM
What's The Name o...: erotic, vampires, theater [s] 4 15 Sep 24, 2014 06:02AM
The Free Book Cha...: Covet, by Felicity E. Heaton 2 16 Nov 08, 2012 06:37PM
  • Bannockburn Binding (Beloved Bloody Time, #1)
  • Venice Vampyr (Venice Vampyr, #1)
  • Vampire Dreams (Victorian Erotic, #1)
  • Lust After Death (Love-Bots, #1)
  • Taming the Vampire (Blood and Absinthe, #1)
  • Rise of the Fallen (All the King's Men, #1)
  • Reapers (The Druid Series, #1)
  • The Vampire Pendant  (Blood Genies, #1)
  • Bloodstorm (Heart of a Vampire, #1)
  • The Mating Chase (Werewolves of Montana #1)
  • Kade's Dark Embrace (Immortals of New Orleans, #1)
  • The Nightlife: Las Vegas (The Nightlife, #2)
  • Chosen by Sin (Para-Ops, #3)
  • Caressed by Night (Rulers of Darkness, #2)
  • Smoldering Nights (Underground Encounters, #1)
  • Take Me (The Untouchables, #1)
  • Kiss Across Time (Kiss Across Time #1)
  • Bonded by Need (Shifting Bonds, #1)
Felicity Heaton is a New York Times, USA Today and international best-selling author writing passionate paranormal romance books. In her books she creates detailed worlds, twisting plots, mind-blowing action, intense emotion and heart-stopping romances with leading men that vary from dark deadly vampires to sexy shape-shifters and wicked werewolves, to sinful angels and hot demons!

If you're a fan
More about Felicity Heaton...
Her Dark Angel (Her Angel #1) Prophecy: Child of Light (Vampires Realm, #1) Vampire for Christmas Her Fallen Angel (Her Angel, #2) Kissed by a Dark Prince (Eternal Mates #1)