Start by marking “Avoiding Commitment (Avoiding, #1)” as Want to Read:
Avoiding Commitment (Avoiding, #1)

Avoiding Commitment (Avoiding #1)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  26,498 ratings  ·  2,281 reviews
Jack and Lexi never had a typical relationship. After 2 years without speaking, she receives a phone call that changes everything. He unexpectedly asks her to convince the new girl, Bekah, that he's ready to commit. Jack is calling now after everything they had been through because there is another woman. She can't believe it.

Follow Lexi in this heart wrenching drama as s
Published July 29th 2012 by K.A. Linde

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesThoughtless by S.C. StephensBared to You by Sylvia DayFifty Shades Darker by E.L. James
Intense And "Angsty" Romance
19th out of 1,916 books — 5,926 voters
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireAvoiding Commitment by K.A. LindeBared to You by Sylvia DayDown to You by M. LeightonOn Dublin Street by Samantha Young
Hot Covers
2nd out of 963 books — 1,353 voters

More lists with this book...

I'm not going to give this an actual rating because I'm not sure how to go about it! haha. It obviously made me feel a lot so that shows Ms Linde really knows how to bring out emotions in the reader... But I also got so effin irritated with the characters RAWR. I just feel conflicted lol!

K.A. Linde is a good writer. She has a way of describing things and really brining a person into her world.

(view spoiler)
Taryn at My Secret Romance

This review was posted at My Secret Romance

Author Interview & Giveaway with K.A. Linde 7/11/12

Five stars? Please. More like ten stars!

I don't normally add photos to my reviews. While I was reading this book the Olympics were on at the same time and I saw Ryan Lochte's face and said, OMG, THAT'S RAMSEY! Then I decided I couldn't just have a photo of Ramsey and not Jack. So a friend found this photo of Jack, and I must say she is spot on. Those piercing blue eyes and devilish smirk is exactl
Tarryn Fisher
Do not read this book around other people

Do not read this book if you are abstaining from sex

Do not read this book if you are happy

Do not read this book if you are a goody-too-shoes

Do read this book if you are a bad boy lover, or a villain lover, or a drama addict.

Avoiding Commitment tells the story of Alexa (or Lexi as she likes to be called), a 20-something college student who, after 6 years of doing the same bullshit again and again, has apparently learned absolutely nothing from her mistakes, and Jack, the most prime example of a lying, manipulative player.

I picked this book up because a few people compared it to S.C. Stephens’s Thoughtless, which I absolutely loved even though it wasn’t an easy read (if you’ve read it you know what I’m talking about)
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
4.75 Stars

They were not a couple. They were lovers and most definitely in love. Yet, they were a disaster together.

Warning: I tend to use a lot of expletives when I’m emotional. This book, my friends, has made an emotional wreck out of me. So be warned, I will cuss and swear, a lot, in this review :)

I’m a total mess. I think I just had a minor stroke. My speech is slurred, I feel weak all over, and I’ve lost all ability to think straight. They need a support group for those who read this book.
S.C. Stephens
My stomach is still in knots over this book! Fantastic read! Gritty, real, painful and wonderfully messy...a true roller coaster ride!
Alexis *Reality Bites*
10-15-13 Talking about this book on Facebook has me all HYPE, had to re-post the review! LOL!!! HAVE YOU READ THIS YET??

4 STARS out of 5
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Series: Book #1 in Avoiding Series
->Review contains foul language read at your own discretion.
WARNING: You should re-frame from reading this in public because
This book may cause you to throw your reading device. Shout unexpectedly in public. Wanna kill a B*tch. And scream "OH HELL NO" and "OH SH#T" at least tw
Jul 11, 2012 ✿Alyssa✿ rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!
Shelves: favorites, 5-star
This review was posted at My Secret Romance

To sum it up: Jack and Lexi never had a typical relationship. After two years without speaking, she receives a phone call that changes everything. He unexpectedly asks her to convince the new girl, Bekah, that he's ready to commit. Jack is calling now after everything they had been through because there is another woman. She can't believe it.

Follow Lexi in this heart wrenching drama as she relives her past relationship, or lack thereof, with Jack, and
I'm not a Hater Usually, But my God this Book made Me Bat-Shit Fucking Crazy and I have never wanted to stab 2 characters as much as I did with Jack and Lexi. What a Mess, Lord I can't imagine going thru that Shit for six years, both the H/h need there heads examined. Anywho I just couldn't get passed all the nonsense in this book it was just to much of the same thing over and over again. So if your looking for a book that makes you want to smash your e-reader and you want all that I Hate you, l ...more
Tough Critic Book Reviews
Reviewed at

Avoiding Commitment has taken my book slump and crushed it beneath its mind shattering awesomeness. Where do I start? Where do I finish? What the hell can I say that's not a four-letter word?!

I feel so used! I feel so abused! I feel so awesomely turned on! There's such a fine line between love and hate. Avoiding Commitment totally gets rid of the line and has one big love/hate orgy. There wasn't a character I didn't want to punch in the face! Everyo

When i finished this book I was totally exhausted by all the drama/lies/secrets and cheating this book contained. And when a book can make me feel that way, that its impossible to put it down, then it have to be a good sign, right? A part of me wanted to give this booka a five star rating just because of that, the authors ability to capture me like a prisoner. But another part of me only wanted to give it 3 stars, simply because that I didnt feel emotionally connected with any of the characters.
"That's All" Ash
 photo download-44.jpg

Okay so I've taken a few days and I decided that I just cannot put into word how this book made me feel. So I decided to come up with a play list that encompasses the emotions I felt while reading. So here you go...

1. Always by Saliva
6. Crash Into Me by Dave Mathews Band
7. Epiphany by Staind
8. Everything Changes by Staind
9. Forever by Papa Ro
Kim (Sliced Open Reviews)
My thoughts?

AVOIDING COMMITMENT did things to my brain, heart and soul that I have not had since reading Colleen Hoover’s books - SLAMMED and POINT OF RETREAT. AVOIDING COMMITMENT gave me the same feeling that I had to lock myself away until I read the entire book from cover to cover. There are words that I need to use to describe this book that I’m not currently able to produce, but I will do my best.

broken. ELATED. beat. CONSUMED. hurt. LOVED. sad. WANTING. confused.

Yes, that may do it f

This book was amazing but i completely hate it! i'm an emotional wreck! i will curse many timessssss in this review

i fucking hate most of these characters.. lexi is a dumb ass bitch..jack is a heartless prink..and bekah o dear god i hope u fall off a cliff

there is just so much heartache in this book..i wanted to burn my kindle to the ground and still do!

K.A. Linde job well done by bringing so much emotion out of so many people but i hate cheating and i despise these people. A good author can alw
Anne OK
Aug 16, 2012 Anne OK rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Anne OK by: Taryn Cellucci (GR)
Shelves: 2012-reads
Warning: If you don’t like a book filled to the brim with unlimited angst, this is not the book for you! This is not your normal yummy happily-ever-after romance! More like toxic shock!

I admit that I very much enjoy my fair share of angst in a book and, after a highly recommended shove, I chose to jump in and see what all the hollering was about in regards to this new-to-me-author's book. But after just coming off reading “Gone Girl,” another mind boggler, “Avoiding Commitment” might have been t
Not good for my health
Or my hair
Oh, the things this book did to me!! Words fail to express the beatings my heart was subjected to, the incomparable lust I experienced, or the nauseating trepidation that plagued my stomach. Avoiding Commitment isn't just a story, it's an emotional, lust-filled, gut-wrenching journey that will be on your mind long after you finish that last page.

Avoiding Commitment follows the path of Jack and Lexi's all-consuming, intensely passionate relationship over it's 6 years. The blurb for this book had
Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus

Jack had always been best at lying. Some people were good at sports. Some people were good at school. Some people were good at working. While some people were good at commitment, Jack was good at avoiding commitment.”

All these words spring to mind when I think of this book.

SOOOO Many times while reading this book I’ve literally gone
"He lied to me about Danielle. Then, he swore he would never lie to me again. And to this day, I don't think he has," Lexi said wistfully."But I thought you said your relationship was full of lies."This time Lexi did look Bekah directly into her naively, innocent eyes to answer her, "It was. We just lied to everyone else."

When I read this quote above in Avoiding Commitment I said this is going to be angsty day. To those of you that are familiar with my taste in reading will know that Angsty book
Angie's Dreamy Reads
Well I'm trying to figure out what I can say about this book to do it justice!! It was superb, outstanding and just amazing! While reading reviews on this book a reviewer described it as a mix between The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher and The Thoughtless series by S.C Stephens and she could not have described it any better. Lexi and Jack have a seriously F*cked up love story and are both two extremely selfish and self serving people that have an undeniable chemistry and addiction to each other bu ...more
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
In the end, no matter how good the writing or plot is, I read for characters. In order for me to like a book, at least one of the characters needs to, at a minimum, be redeemable. Up until the last 2% of this book, it was going to go into the "I wish I could get those hours back" pile.

Lexi and Jack. What an insanely 'effed up, dysfunctional, painful, messed up, deranged relationship they had. Every time there was a flashback, it felt like I was watching this over and over again.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The more that w

How could two people have so much history, such a connection, so much emotional baggage without ever actually dating?

Well to answer that question, you’ll have to meet Lexi Walsh and her sorta-non-ex-boyfriend, Jack Howard.

They haven’t spoken in years when Lexi suddenly gets an unexpected phone call from Jack asking her to come down to meet his current girlfriend because surprise, surprise, Jack Howard is ready to commit! Lexi hesitantly takes the offer and as the story
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
Jul 31, 2012 Kristen (Peddler of Smut) marked it as not-for-me
Shelves: cheating
Lots of cheating and over-the-top drama. No thanks!
Review to come, but some initial thoughts. Tessamari, and Alyssa's review, were right on and say exactly what I feel. This book brings out lots of outburst of emotion.

I couldn't put the book down, but I never felt good about the story and I never liked the H, Jack, (not really a H, more a lead character that was a cheating asshole) or the h, Lexi, (you are weak, wake the fuck up!).

It is very ironic for me to give
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Loved this book and felt the full force of the angst between Jack and Lexi.

Jack.....grrrr, I wanted to slap you buddy! Lexi...I went between wanting to slap you at times but then other times I felt like I needed to reach through the book and give you a big hug! Ramsey.....just *sigh*.

I couldn't put this book down. I got to a certain point and knew I was going to pull an allnighter finishing it because I couldn't leave it hanging.

I'm not normally a fan of switching from present day to past but bo
Lauren Hammond

I've had a full two days to process my thoughts on this book(and might I add that it completely tore me apart emotionally in a lot of ways)and I usually don't write reviews for authors I don't know.

This book was really something.

It really touched me.

Hit a nerve.

So I had to express my love for it.

It was just...

Now, start this review off, ladies, I think we all have to admit that there has been a JACK in our lives at one point in time. I had a Jack. I went to high school with him
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
4 stars

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

These two gave me a serious headache.

A phone call brings Lexi back into Jack's life. They have a lot of history and have hurt a few people along the way. The present situation is no different as Jack is now on a verge of being engaged to his girlfriend, Bekah.

I've always been the kind of person who believed that I'd never find someone I wanted to commit to

I think there's something going on to make Jack this way and maybe when or if I find out I might like him more.

He hurts you.
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
Avoiding Commitment is a book that I really wish I hadn’t read! Yeah, you heard me, I wish I hadn’t read it because it was an absolutely fantastic read and now I’m going to spend the next few months, eagerly awaiting for the release of book two and then, I’ll be in the same position again waiting for the release of book three. I could cry – really, It’s painful waiting for the next book. Not only that but it’s been nearly 24 hours since I finished and I haven’t been able to stop thinking about i ...more
Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book

I have never ever ever ever wanted to slap fictional characters in the face like I did with this story. Buuuuuut, I loved every minute of it.

I can honestly say that I can not relate to Lexi. That will never be me(knocks on wood). The way she gets sucked into Jack, I will never understand. I can't say it was love maybe just an infatuation that they had to each other cause if you really loved someone, you would not do what they did to each other. You'd make it work, no ifs, ands or buts
  • Thief (Love Me with Lies, #3)
  • Rock Star (Groupie, #2)
  • Truth (Consequences, #2)
  • Love Left Behind
  • On Every Street (The Artists Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Dusty (Dusty, #1)
  • Ruining Me (Ruining, #1)
  • Accidentally on Purpose (Accidentally on Purpose, #1)
  • Disastrous (Disastrous, #1)
  • Unforgivable (Untouchable, #2)
  • Bad Rep (Bad Rep, #1)
  • Undeniable (Undeniable, #1)
  • Take This Regret (Take This Regret, #1)
  • Exquisite (Exquisite, #1)
  • Junk Miles (Brenna Blixen, #2)
  • Unravel Me (Unravel Me, #1)
  • How to Kill a Rock Star
  • Bound Together (Bound Together, #1)
K.A. Linde is the USA Today bestselling author of the Avoiding series. She grew up as a military brat traveling the United States and Australia. While studying political science and philosophy at the University of Georgia where she got her masters degree, she founded the Georgia Dance Team, which she still coaches. Post-graduation, she served as the campus campaign director for the 2012 presidenti ...more
More about K.A. Linde...

Avoiding (3 books)
  • Avoiding Responsibility (Avoiding, #2)
  • Avoiding Temptation (Avoiding, #3)
Avoiding Responsibility (Avoiding, #2) Off the Record (Record, #1) Avoiding Temptation (Avoiding, #3) On the Record (Record, #2) For the Record (Record, #3)

“Jack: "..You were the on­ly one I saw when I closed my eyes"
Lexi: "Then why wasn't I enough when they were open?”
“this was meant for you. Only you.” 92 likes