Start by marking “Steve Jobs: Thinking Differently” as Want to Read:

Steve Jobs: Thinking Differently

A Simon & Schuster eBook. Simon & Schuster has a great book for every reader.
Published December 20th 2011 by Aladdin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Steve Jobs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Steve Jobs

Drew Fogel
May 26, 2015 Drew Fogel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Patricia Lakin did a fantastic job writing the biography of Apple Inc. creator Steve Jobs. Steve Jobs Thinking Differently by Patricia Lakin travels through time for you to see how Apple Inc. was built up so high.
Steve starts his life put up for adoption and in 1955 Paul and Clara chose to adopt Steve. Throughout Grade school Steve showed high interest technology. However in school he did not show any interest in learning, he was a turbulent child. However in the fourth grade his teacher “Teddy
Thinkerswriteandread
Aladdin, 2011, 175 pp., $7.99
ISBN-07:9781481435307
Patricia Lakin

An orphan. A third grade terror. An inventor. A pioneer. A college dropout. A visionary. A geek. A revolutionary. Steve Jobs, with the help of his friend “Woz”, made a priceless friendship that made a priceless company. Actually, it was worth billions of dollars. In their very own garage, they made that company. The road to making the company wasn’t that easy, though. Once he formed Apple Inc. for th
Bill
May 05, 2017 Bill rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good starter book if you plan to read up this man who could easily have his face on the Mount Rushmore of ENTJ's.
Ryan Kaiser
Mar 19, 2017 Ryan Kaiser rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Steve Jobs: Thinking Differently is an abridged version of Steve Jobs life. Steve Jobs was born
Badri Khanal
Oct 05, 2015 Badri Khanal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A college dropout but visionary inventor Steve p. Jobs (1955-2011) has given a lot to information technology sector globally. His seek to invent “insanely great” products has really made “dent on universe” as envisioned. Products like Mac computer, iPod, iPhone and iPad are today among millions of people worldwide. These revolutionary products are result of serious effort of Steve P. Jobs.
Steve was born in San Francisco, California from Joanne Scheible and adapted by Clara and Paul Jobs with pro
Gabriel Itzhaki
Mar 03, 2014 Gabriel Itzhaki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Steve Jobs: Thinking Differently by Patricia Lakin is a biography about Steve Jobs. The book talks about his early life, to him dropping out of college, to becoming the co-founder of the world's most valuable company. Lakin told a lot of separate experiences Jobs had encountered throughout his years and expressed his level of inspiration until the day he dies.

The beginning of the book talks about Steve's childhood. He was born on February 24, 1955. His birth parents, John Jandali and Joanne Sche
Xavier Bedrosian
This biography about Steve Jobs teaches us about what it was like in his older 20's and how he becomes the biggest technology CEO in the world.Steve Jobs encounters many objects in his career but breaks through them. This book starts out slow but begins to become more interesting, I would recommend this book to people who like learning about technology and biographies.
Mamoun Bennani
Born on February 24, 1955, Steven Paul Jobs took technology to another level. Steve was the founder of Apple along with Steve Wozniak in 1976. Steve was adopted and lived in the San Fransisco Bay in the 1960's. He then went to high school in Cupertino, Californa and later on went to college in Portland and dropped out in 1972. He founded Apple to make electronic devices along with Wozniak and created the successful macintosh, Apple's first computer, in 1984. Jobs not only made electronic devices ...more
Leslie
Jul 07, 2014 Leslie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Steve Jobs by Patricia Lakin is a really good book it talks about how Steve Jobs creates Apple and how the first apple computer started. This book is about these two couples named Jandali Abdulfattah and Joanne Scheible were students a tUniversity of Winsconsin, but they wanted to finish their education so they had to give adoption for the baby. Then, another couple named Clara and Paul Jobs wanted adopted the baby boy, and they named him Steve. When Steve was in 3rd grade he was a troublemaker ...more
Kelly
Kelly Chavez
Author: Patricia Lakin
Have you heard of an IPhone? Have you heard of a Mac? What about the name: Steve Jobs? If you are one of the many people that carry your phone in your pocket or hand, at all times, then you should be informed about one of the prominent minds that developed it. Steve Jobs: Thinking Differently,written by Patricia Lakin, You probably have heard of those names, and most definitely are familiar with these things. Yet, you probably ar
Zoe Zugovitz
I read this book because my english teacher recommended this book to me. I read Steve Jobs - Thinking Differently by Patricia Lakin. The book was all about Apple, not about his life. I did not like this book at all. Personally I think the book should of sort of been about Apple because it was a big part of his life, but not the entire book.

The whole book was about Apple, ways he wanted to improve his computers, make smartphones, and things like. It talks about when Steve Jobs dropped out of coll
Christian Monach
Steve Jobs was easily one of the most influential minds behind the 20th and even 21st century, and the biography about his life proves this time and time again. The creativity behind such animated films as Wall-E and Toy Story, as well as the genius attitude towards the truly well-known electronics company, Apple, and the influence behind NeXT, was one of the best options for a biographical writing, and this book may be the best at that. Though he was born on February 24, 1955, that day wasn’t j ...more
Grace O.
Jan 16, 2013 Grace O. rated it it was amazing
Steve Jobs was born on February 24, 1955 in San Francisco, California. As a baby, he was put up for adoption, but was quickly adopted by the Jobs family. He has always liked to work independently. As a kid, Steve found himself wanting to learn about electronic devices and gadgets. He spent a lot of time in the garage workshop of one of his neighbors who worked for Hewlett-Packard. He liked to take apart and put back together devices like cameras. Steve attended Reed College in Portland, Oregon f ...more
April
Jul 08, 2014 April rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(NOTE: the orange covered edition here is for the kindle and adults. I read the blue covered paperback edition published by Aladdin - Schuster's children's division. Also it is only 175 pages long - shorter than this edition.)
So I was wide awake this morning at 4 AM wondering what I could read that would put me right back to sleep when I picked up this little gem. I had always admired "steve jobs" (He never capitalized his signature.) but figured a little non-fiction would help me go to sleep. T
Amber Neighbors
Aug 31, 2013 Amber Neighbors rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Before reading this book I only knew that Steve Jobs was the "Apple guy" who died too young and left a technological empire as his legacy.
After reading Steve Jobs: Thinking Differently, I feel so enlightened about a man who really changed the way of living and communicating. Steve's name and legacy are now much more meaningful, because I understand him as a regular person...as regular as a brilliant, temperamental hippie can be. This book tells the intriguing story of Steve Jobs, the adopted co
Logan Lewis
Sep 12, 2013 Logan Lewis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Steve jobs was born to a young couple. In collage they wanted to continue their education So they decided to put their son up for adoption. Steve was born on February,24,1955. He was adopted bye Clara and Paul jobs. Paul was a pretty remarkable man. He was a machinist by trade and a genius with his hands. He taught Steve how to use tools and build things. Steve's step father worked on old cars and remade them. This is when Steve started to like electronics. He and his friend Rick were always fin ...more
Alison John
Steve Jobs "thinking differently"
By Patricia Lakin
Biography
175 pages

This book tells about Steve Jobs's life. Thoughout the book, it tells you how he got the idea of the iphone, the ipod touch, and the ipad. Steve Jobs was very smart. He got fired and didn't do well in somethings. How does he go from that to happy and successful?

This book about Steve Jobs was an ok book to me. I give this book 3 stars. This book wasn't terrible, I just think it was to much for me. Like I've said before, I'm not a
Cathy Blackler
Jun 28, 2012 Cathy Blackler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid look at the life of Steve Jobs. His ups & downs, strengths & weaknesses. A good read for students who will identify with Jobs' unconventional approach to life, including his struggles to embrace formal education. Above all, Jobs should be remembered for his tireless efforts to push the limits of his imagination in order to realize unthinkable possibilities. Earlier this year, prior to his death, we read an article on Jobs and debated his place in history. Clearly he deserves a plac ...more
Oliver Bellis
Dec 18, 2014 Oliver Bellis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is good for middle school age students. Explains about his early life, growing up. He has some struggles as a child. Talks about his failures and successes in his business. Apple is where they are now mostly because of Steve. Apple products are a big part of everyone's life's today so I think should take the time to understand that product came about. This would be a good book for students to use in in a project involving a biography.
LaTisha
Aug 16, 2012 LaTisha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I am glad I read this book. Although it was disturbing to learn what a troublesome student Steve Jobs was, it was also inspiring to learn of how passionate he was about what he believed in. I learned some interesting facts about Steve Jobs. Patricia Lakin did a very fine job of portraying his character traits, passions and quirkiness. I do recommend this book to others who are looking for a quick easy read about Steve Jobs' successes and failures.
Serene NG
Mar 27, 2016 Serene NG rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is an interesting book which I happen to pick up @ the library.
The life of Steve Jobs make me think about my life.
Let go of all the hates and angers. Even if you are living on greens, or guru advices or meditation, there are certain things we just need to surrender instead of going opposite.
Seem like when we do opposite we might get the things we want or dream of, but it is the nature forces which we cannot avoid ultimately like disease and death.
Go with the flow.
Megan Wurst
I gave this book three out of five stars. Overall I wasn't really a fan of this book. I think that it mainly focused on his job and life with computers and technology. At some points it was hard to understand because I am not familiar with every little thing in a computer. So, that was one thing I didn't like about it. Also, it was at a very low reading level so it wasn't a difficult read. However, I did learn a lot about Steve Jobs and it was interesting to learn how Apple came to be.
Zihad Azad
Serves kind of as a recapitulation to Walter Isaacson's 1000 page-long mammoth autobiography "Steve Jobs". It was a good read. Not cheesy but compact. Felt at times that it may lacked contextualization here and there sprinkled around. But overall, a nice reminder to why I am deeply obsessed with this historic figure. Read it if you want a short 200 page intro to the majestic life of Jobs, the creator, innovator, firebrand and ultimate troublemaker.
Marcy
Nov 04, 2012 Marcy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would strongly recommend this to any middle school student assigned to read a biography. I read it myself, and it wasn't even assigned to parents of middle school students! It's well written at about a 6th-grade reading level, and is a very interesting look at the driving force behind the devices that have become so ubiquitous in our kids' hands.
Joy
Jul 17, 2012 Joy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
An interesting man and history. I think that I enjoyed it most because I grew up with Apple computers in my schools and now am writing this review on my iPad. I am still wondering with the vocabulary load and references to old commercials and political figures if my younger students would walk away with the same appreciation.
Darcie
May 16, 2012 Darcie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've wanted to take on the Walter Isaacson biography of Jobs, but in the end the 600+ pages was too intimidating. I couldn't resist when I saw this biography at the library in none other than the children's section. Quick, easy read, and interesting. I enjoyed it so much I might actually take on Isaacson's after all...
Staceyb
My sons and I read this book for a summer reading selection. It is a very good overall look at the life and career of Steve Jobs. His ups and downs are portrayed fairly and objectively. My sons found this book interesting and inspirational. I would recommend this book for a good overall look at the life and times of Steven P. Jobs.
Reydaoed
Feb 17, 2016 Reydaoed rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simple explanation of the apple inc. founder fascinating life. I'm not a big computer person. I don't think people realized how crucial steve wozniak's role was in starting the company beginning.
I've noticed that steve jobs had become this innovator who believed that people like thomas edison had made products that change humanity. he did more than the dalai lama ever could.
Aiden
Oct 26, 2016 Aiden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is absolutely brilliant from the story line to the inspirational quote at the end. It keeps me motivated in school and in life. Some part is boring but most of the time, it's a really good book to read if you are trying to find some inspiration in education. It would give you a bit of a boost.
Lori
Dec 13, 2015 Lori rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
We read this for Mom-Dot book club. I want to read the big biography by Walter Isaacson soon but this one was enough to whet my appetite. The girl and I learned a lot about Job's early days and why he was so successful, and at times not so successful. A good starter look at the man responsible for our family's Apple obsession.
  • Mysterious Patterns: Finding Fractals in Nature
  • Adventures in Cartooning: Characters in Action
  • Rescuing the Children: The Story of the Kindertransport
  • Plastic, Ahoy!: Investigating the Great Pacific Garbage Patch
  • 3D Art Lab for Kids: 32 Hands-on Adventures in Sculpture and Mixed Media - Including fun projects using clay, plaster, cardboard, paper, fiber beads and more!
  • Last Airlift: A Vietnamese Orphan's Rescue from War
  • Eruption! Volcanoes and the Science of Saving Lives
  • WIRED: Steve Jobs, Revolutionary
  • If: A Mind-Bending New Way of Looking at Big Ideas and Numbers
  • Who Was Sacagawea?
  • A Black Hole Is Not a Hole
  • Black Gold: The Story of Oil in Our Lives
  • Diamond Spirit (Diamond Spirit, #1)
  • Call of the Klondike: A True Gold Rush Adventure
  • Who Was Claude Monet?
  • Giving Thanks: Poems, Prayers, and Praise Songs of Thanksgiving
  • Also Known as Elvis (The Misfits, #4)
  • Legends, Icons & Rebels: Music That Changed the World