Start by marking “Hunter” as Want to Read:
Hunter

Hunter (Crossfire #2)

4.09  ·  Rating Details  ·  713 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
From the talented pen of Gennita Low comes the second installment in her exciting Navy SEALS trilogy.

Hawk McMillan, SEAL commander, is on a lone mission. To get close to Dragan Dilaver, a Kosovo kingpin involved in drugs and arms–trafficking, Hawk helped him escape from Asia and return to his former country of Yugoslavia. Now Hawk has to discover where certain weapons have
Published November 1st 2011 by HarperCollins e-books (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunter

L.W.
Sep 01, 2012 L.W. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I happened to pick this one up on the freebie list and wasn't expecting a lot, and I will admit that it knocked my socks off. I wasn't expecting ANYTHING like this.

From the first pages of testing the new agent, to the revenge, to the espionage, to the actual story ...this was a thrill ride from start to finish. This, I thought was the story of a strong women in trying times, surviving, and doing it well. She lived in a hell hole of a country, yet managed to thrive, even sell information and do i
Amber
Sep 04, 2012 Amber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. I think I read a story/novella by this author and thought it was really original and well done, and this book is the same. The book often went in a different direction than I was expecting, which kept me off balance. Some of the side characters' stories were heartbreaking, so I'm definitely going to check and see if later books in the series included their stories.
Tonileg
Second in the 'Crossfire' series, the first was The Protector which was a mix of military action, romance and helping the exploited youth in South East Asia. So needless to say I was interested in learning more about the characters, but this is about the co-leader of the American special ops team that we meet in the The Protector and three months have passed and he finds himself in Macedonia in the midst of a snow storm when he gets attacked and drugged (whilst totally buck naked which I don't u ...more
Wendy
Apr 18, 2012 Wendy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amber Hutchens is not your everyday cafe owner.She is also Ambrosia an informant for both the good and bad guys. Her main objective is to help rescue the girls that are being trafficked here. She is more then a pretty face but most people don't know that.

Hawk McMillian Navy Seal who is undercover and is the new best friend to Dilaver the trafficker of the girls among drugs and weapons. He saved Dilaver life as a part of the plan to get close to him to find out the location of a device wanted by
Nicole
Jan 03, 2012 Nicole rated it liked it
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/12/23/...

Publisher: Re-released Avon Title
Publish Date: Out Now!
How I got this book: eARC from Author

I first read Low’s short story in the SEAL of my dreams anthology, I was hooked! The romance was great and the story was jam packed with action. I was expecting another high-octane romantic suspense, and although it started a little slower than I anticipated, I enjoyed it.

Hawk is undercover in one of the worst assignments ever. He can’
Kym Grosso
Aug 03, 2012 Kym Grosso rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After picking up the Protector, I immediately went and bought the Hunter. It did not disappoint!

Hawk, a Navy Seal, has gone deep undercover overseas. Part of his mission is to befriend a thug who deals weapons, runs drugs and is an abusive sex trafficker. His local contact/tracker, Amber, is a local cafe owner who deals in information. From the minute they meet (their initial contact is very interesting but I can't write a spoiler), they are instantly attracted to each other. Their hot chemistr
Sunny
Aug 15, 2012 Sunny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Characters:
Hawk McMillan
Amber Hutchens

From the get go, The Hunter is a smart, suspenseful and sexy story - everything a reader would want in a romantic suspense. Hawk McMillan is not only capable, well-trained, and well-sculpted (after all, he is a SEAL), he is also intelligent, kind, compassionate and loving. As a dealer in information, she is not only a contract operative but a street smart, cheeky, smart-ass heroine. The highlight of the book is the give and take in their relationship. T
Dec 26, 2014 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anothet great installment that keeps you guessing and on your toes throughout. The plot thickens and the double crossing is surprising. O really liked the way the last book lead into this but then this book went back a bit to fill in missing time for the main characters.
Lee Anne - OMG! It's TOOOOO Cold!
I love me some men in uniform. Hawke is one HOT HOT HOT Navy SEAL.

Amber and Hawke are a hot couple and their passion burns bright. They both have a mission to complete and while their paths cross, their missions aren't the same. However, their missions intersect and they end up working together to bring a little bit of justice in a lawless land.

Amber was the perfect heroine for Hawke. She's capable, stealthy and not afraid to get a little dirty. Hawke is awesome. He's an alpha male and in cont
Jez
Dec 08, 2014 Jez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall this was an excellent read. I will definitely be looking for more of this author's books. The suspense level was good with this one and I didn't see the end coming. I enjoyed the banner between Hawk and Amber (among other things). The only issue I had was I felt like the ending was a little abrupt.
Teresa Hill
This is where I started with Gennita Low, the book that made me want to read everything by her. It's a very dark world of trafficing in women. Well, girls actually. Hard to handle in places.

Hero is in a very dark spot, having infiltrated the organization and having to watch the abuse go on, because it is not his mission and he can't tip his hand yet by stopping it.

Heroine is working in her own way to help the kidnapped girls, in a very dangerous spot, trusting practically no one, but she wants t
Caroline
Jan 06, 2015 Caroline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
A continuation from the first book but this one is about Hawk and his relationship with Amber. And they have a great one - there is some great one up manship throughout the story.
Angelic
Feb 12, 2014 Angelic rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: would-recommend
It was better than the first book in this series, more action, more humor and a surprise ending. Also a very sensitive story line.
Michelle
Apr 08, 2009 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action-adventure
Hawk McMillen left his SEAL team to go under cover in the organization of an infamous drug dealer, arms dealer and human trafficker. What he's seen over the past few months has been enough to make any ordinary man lose his sanity. But the mission isn't over and he's not allowed to take down this piece of scum and his organization. He feels he's about to lose his mind when he meets Amber. The co-leader of this joint operation doesn't completely trust her, however. Can he? Will she help him accomp ...more
Mistie
Aug 17, 2015 Mistie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book had everything I love in a RS genre book. The dominant, kick-ass alpha male type. A spunky, sassy, kick-ass heroine who can hold her own in a fight. Although Amber doesn't need Hawk to swoop in and come to her rescue she's smart enough to let him in and they find love in the process. I love that she's not the damsel in distress type character and is strong physically, mentally and emotionally all on her own and although Hawk is a dominating alpha he doesn't try to change who Amber is a ...more
Monique
A fast-paced and witty romantic intrigue. The hero and heroine have quick brains and the dialogue and play between them is fantastic. Both are strong and capable people who respect each other. Navy SEAL (him) and information dealer (her) working together. As always, I caution you to read Gennita Low's books in order. This is the fourth book.

Action-packed and very real, The Hunter deals with difficult real world situations that make the book darker and edgier than most romances. It definitely li
Mrs.b
Dec 14, 2014 Mrs.b rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this:-)
Dawn ♥ romance
Jun 20, 2016 Dawn ♥ romance rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, suspense
The second half of this romantic suspense had lots of exciting action but after a strong beginning the pace kind of slowed with the characters ruminating a lot. (view spoiler) Secret agent Hawk needs the help of CIA contractor Amber in his undercover mission to intercept arms deal by local crime boss.
Lynnette
Apr 17, 2009 Lynnette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is an interesting twist how Hawk and Ambrosia deal with the human trafficking and CIA undercover operations between their own personal romance. It is also interesting how Hawk must pretend to be Dilaver's new best friend and live through all the torment he swore his life to protect against. Plus, super steamy love scenes- honestly the best I have ever read, if you are into that.
Sharon Michael
This would probably appeal more to romance readers than A/A readers. More or less a romance wrapped around an action/black op plotline but there was more action in the bedrooms than out in the field. Characters were actually quite well developed and the writing was decent but once I skipped over all the descriptions of the love making, there wasn't a lot to the actual story.
Riana
Jan 30, 2016 Riana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story's a five stars one for 21 chapters. Then the 4 last chapters got me spinning around. The end is a little weird.
Anyhow Hawk MacMillan is real hero material and Amber's a dream for him.
I like this series a lot : action, suspense and good romance plot.
While reading he 3rd story I changed my mind and decided to rate he book 5 stars!
Mei
Sep 15, 2012 Mei rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story with international intrigue. I love reading about Navy SEALS and this author captured the essence of the the dangerous missions that SEALS are sent on while serving our country for the benefits we enjoy...with a little romance on the side!!
Steamywindows♥♫
I enjoyed the story of the main characters, but they were secondary to the very very painful in the human trafficking elements. I will be most interested in reading the follow up story of Lily, the heroine's "sleeper agent" double crossing friend.
Sasha
An excellent, well-written novel. It's really rare to see an author put out something that's obviously well thought out and well researched about such a difficult topic, while still making it relateable and enjoyable. Very well done.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in Gennita Low's Crossfire series. I saw this listed as a recommendation somewhere and decided to check it out. It was just okay for me. Nothing special. The style of writing didn't work for me.
Nicole
Jul 29, 2012 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gennita Low has done a fabulous job of sparking my interest in her world of characters. I really fell for Hawk and I really liked Amber. Looking forward to reading more.
Julie
Nov 01, 2012 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-free
I did really like the story and characters but found myself skipping ahead. Some parts did drag for me but that could have just been my mood for the last week.
Monie_11
i consider this as one of my favorites because it portrays strong women. It doesn't have the usual fragile, meek, and shy heroine. Femme Fatale is what i'm looking for!
Jodie's W.I.N.E. List
Hawk is a SEAL commander. His mission is to get a Kosovo kingpin for arms and drug trafficking. A local diner owner, Amber, helps him successfully complete his mission.
Diana H.
I enjoyed the book, but it would have been just as good without the over-described sex scenes (just my opinion, but the book could have stood on its own).
  • Breakpoint (High Risk, #4)
  • Crazy Kisses (Steele Street, #4)
  • Identity: Unknown (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #8)
  • Jungle Inferno (Phoenix Agency, #1)
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Next to Die (SEAL Team 12, #4)
  • Hunt Her Down (Bullet Catcher, #7)
  • Underground Guardians Box Set (Underground Guardians, #1-2)
  • Breaking Free (SEAL TEAM Heartbreakers #1)
  • Single & Searching
  • The Edge Of Trust (Team Edge, #1)
  • Peppermint Creek Inn (Undercover, #1)
  • Deadly Dance (A-Tac, #5)
341927
Jenn, as everyone calls her, likes to keep things simple. That's why she runs a roofing construction business, teaches, writes and does her own business taxes eight days a week. She considers herself a multi-cultural and well-rounded person. Workers leave her alone when she starts yelling at them in Chinese and Malay. She also studies German and Russian because she can't pronounce French very well ...more
More about Gennita Low...

Crossfire (5 books)
  • The Protector (Crossfire, #1)
  • Sleeping With the Agent (Crossfire, #3)
  • Her Secret Pirate
  • Warrior (Crossfire, #5)