Start by marking “Final Exam: A Legal Thriller” as Want to Read:
Final Exam:  A Legal Thriller

Final Exam: A Legal Thriller (Final #1)

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Three strands of hair ... two drops of blood ... one thumbprint ... an embittered law professor ... a decade-old indiscretion … an autographed Louisville Slugger – mix these all together in a stew of secrets, lies and promises kept and broken and you have the “Law School Murder”, the next big media case of the moment, and the subject of Final Exam, the first of the Benjami ...more
Published December 17th 2011 by Terry Huebner

To ask other readers questions about Final Exam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Final Exam

Irene Sauman
I almost gave up on this book in the early stages. So much unnecessary detail - it dragged and I found myself skimming descriptions of buildings, room layouts, travel routes. It is obvious that the author knows law and every step required to orchestrate a defence for someone charged with a crime, but this story could have been written in a much pacier style, sans a lot of the extraneous conversations and meetings that didn't add anything. However, I wanted to find out how the crime was resolved, ...more
Karen Wyle
This is a book with significant flaws, but it kept me turning the pages.

I had a quibble or two with the legal technicalities, but most of the problems had to do with the writing. The style is somewhat pedestrian, but more than that, there are a number of amateurish touches (masses of unnecessary detail, head-hopping, too-similar names, intrusive explanations, head-hopping). Still, the author develops sufficient suspense, and several of the characters were nicely fleshed out.
Vern
I gave it a 3 star, but it really was at least a 3.5 star. I enjoyed the book. My main criticism is that sometimes the author wasted a lot of time with minutia such as what a person was wearing, ordering for dinner, or the street route the character was driving. Otherwise, it was entertaining and a good plot line. The courtroom action was fairly realistic, but sparse. If you like legal thrillers, it is worth reading.
Brian
A law professor discovers a peer brutally murdered with a baseball bat in his office. Defense attorney Ben Lohmeier receives a call from a friend being questioned about their old law professor's murder. He takes her case. The evidense is produced and Megan Rand is charged with murder. What follows is a media event. Ben must unravel the secrets from the past to find the murderer and clear his client's name.

Final Exam is a well written, tightly crafted legal thriller. The story unfolds at a relent
Marilyn
Good

Good

the way collages protect their employees including profers.the evil that they can cause and what it take to reveal this.
Alan Zabel
This was somewhat disappointing after all the glowing reviews. In my opinion, the characters were 1 dimensional and not very convincing. And the suspense didn't really hold up very well. An OK thriller/drama, but not great.
Noelle
Engaging characters, witty dialogue and a plot that keeps you guessing until the end. Looking forward to the next one .......
Katherine Nestor
Katherine Nestor marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Frank Roberto
Frank Roberto marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Cheryl Riley
Cheryl Riley marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Cheri
Cheri marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Kristie hunter
Kristie hunter marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Andree
Andree marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Amanda Lasky
Amanda Lasky marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Amanda Rusher
Amanda Rusher marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Korinthia
Korinthia marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Tamela Sutler
Tamela Sutler marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
KH
KH added it
Jul 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Final Broadcast: A Legal Thriller (The Final Series)