Start by marking “Love In The Wrong Dimension” as Want to Read:
Love In The Wrong Dimension

Love In The Wrong Dimension

"It was a lovely read...and reminded me of Her Fearful Symmetry; only it read and flowed much easier." - J L Beal

"The characters come alive and I could clearly picture each one (Tom looked like Joseph Fiennes!). I've recommended this to all my friends as it's compulsive reading." - Paula

Do ghosts fall in love? Jemma Haley is about to find out.... Love In The Wrong Dimensio
Published December 26th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Love In The Wrong Dimension, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love In The Wrong Dimension

Maureen Vincent-Northam
Feb 03, 2012 Maureen Vincent-Northam rated it it was amazing
The main protagonist of Love In The Wrong Dimension is Jemma, who, early on in the story, dies unexpectedly and ends up in the 11th dimension – a place for those souls who can’t move on because they weren’t meant to die. Here she meets the ghosts of Tom who’d died 20 years previously, a young girl, a woman still waiting for her husband to join her, and a fearsome man with a grudge.

The story was in turns romantic, funny and incredibly moving. I found it easy to suspend belief, which I put down t
Laura *Little Read Riding Hood*
I thought this was a really neat idea for a story. What happens after death? Can ghosts fall in love? Can they "live" happily ever after? The short answer is, yes. The long answer, is this review.

The story itself, as a whole, was good. It starts with Jemma dying, then goes back a couple days and shows the events leading to her untimely demise. Fortunately, just about everyone she knows, including her roommate Alice, has some sort of psychic ability. Even Alice's friends all have something. EVERY
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
Sep 05, 2012 Sarah-Jayne Briggs rated it really liked it
(This review may contain spoilers).

This book did take me a little while to get into, mostly because periods of time were skipped over really quickly. I found that there was an awful lot of telling, not showing, in the relationships and how they developed between Alice and Jack and Jemma and Tom.

Things got a lot more interesting after the characters fell in love. I adored Susie - I liked the way she was still a child, even though she'd been a ghost for twenty years. It was like her maturity had j
Angela Oliver
Whilst a quick, easy and relatively engrossing read, this story was not particularly well written. The plot seemed a little too formulated - not in that it was formulaic, merely that it ran through various points with little in the way of conflict, red herrings or any particular tension. The relationship as it developed between Alice and Jack was sweet - whereas the one developing between Jemma and Tom felt flat, as though the author could not be bothered writing too many steps in between and ju ...more
Sue
Apr 23, 2012 Sue rated it really liked it
What a lovely ghost story – I really enjoyed this book.

I think I liked it so much because it wasn’t just the story of one person/ghost, Jemma, but it was the story of other ghosts too, how they came to be where they were and what was holding them there – trapped in the wrong dimension. It was also the story of the living too. The people that were left behind, how they came to terms with what had happened to their loved ones and how they found peace.

I enjoyed the love stories both of the living a
Sue
May 01, 2012 Sue rated it really liked it
What a lovely ghost story – I really enjoyed this book.

I enjoyed the love stories both of the living a
Rosemary
May 19, 2012 Rosemary rated it liked it
A light paranormal romance. Jemma dies in a stupid accident and finds herself a ghost, trapped in a limbo on the edges of the living world with a small number of other lost souls, including the handsome Tom who tells her that she's there because she wasn't meant to die. I have a little problem with that concept - if there is a time when we are meant to die, then how could we possibly die at any other time? But hey, this is not philosophy. It's a nice story and an enjoyable read.
Cassie
Apr 15, 2012 Cassie rated it liked it
Once I started reading this book, I couldn't stop. The story flowed effortlessly and I warmed to almost all of the characters and found myself rooting for them all.
This isn't my usual genre of book but I'll certainly be looking out for more from the author.
Tina
May 25, 2012 Tina rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this!

I sat in bed this morning to finish it - aww it was a lovely book.

If you like stories about ghosts, and like romance stories and a bit of suspense, then you'll love this as it has all three things combined into one fab story.

Rin
the premise is interesting but it felt like there was too much description rather than the plot. i love the characters and their backstory and how the writer resolved the plot. i agree with the ending and couldn't see any better way to do it. however there was a lot to be desired.
Joanna
Mar 21, 2013 Joanna rated it it was ok
Short story and a bit erratic. It was charming enough and I loved the ending although it was a shocker!
Samantha
May 20, 2012 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
Loved it! Read it in 1-2 days as couldn't put it down! Recommended read!
Hoopz Chick x
Sep 15, 2012 Hoopz Chick x rated it it was amazing
Once I picked this book up, I simply couldn't put it down again until I'd finished! A real page turner and a thoroughly engrossing story! I loved it & can't wait for more from this author
Melissphillips
Jun 03, 2012 Melissphillips rated it liked it
It was pretty good, let's of build up and the pay off wasn't quite as much as you were thinking it would be. It's a bit like average chic lit meets Her Fearful Symmetry but heavy on the chic lit.

Deann
Deann rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2012
Rose C
Rose C rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2017
Karine
Karine rated it it was ok
Aug 20, 2012
Illyusha66
Illyusha66 rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2014
Cathy Ann Nguyen
Cathy Ann Nguyen rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2014
Jan
Jan rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2012
Holly
Holly rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2012
Dawn
Dawn rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2012
Tonya Dotson
Tonya Dotson rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2016
Pat
Pat rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2014
Monica
Monica rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2012
Janet Crabtree
Janet Crabtree rated it it was ok
Mar 21, 2017
Donna Bubniak
Donna Bubniak rated it really liked it
May 01, 2015
Pinkie
Pinkie rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2012
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2013
fiona shearlaw
fiona shearlaw rated it it was ok
Mar 11, 2017