Start by marking “Avengers vs. X-Men: It's Coming” as Want to Read:
Avengers vs. X-Men: It's Coming

Avengers vs. X-Men: It's Coming

3.43  ·  Rating Details  ·  389 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Seven action-packed tales to get you up to speed for the biggest comic event of 2012! Four teams - Avengers, X-Men, Young Avengers and X-Factor - all battle to determine who will hold the Scarlet Witch responsible for her crimes. Cyclops and Wolverine square off in the climax of the SCHISM event. Magneto gets caught on video murdering an anti-mutant group. Cable returns fr ...more
Published April 25th 2012 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Avengers vs. X-Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avengers vs. X-Men

Jessica
Feb 28, 2014 Jessica rated it did not like it
Essentially, this is a mismatched collection of teaser titles that came just before the Avengers vs. X-Men got started properly. All of them are parts of larger arcs that eventually fed into the whole huge Avengers vs. X-Men battle. Individually, none of them stand up well on their own. Few, in fact, make any sense in isolation.

If you can get hold of it at the library, it's worth looking at it to reread the end of the House of M storyline (which I'm kind of wanting to reread now). I vaguely re
Sonic
Dec 06, 2012 Sonic rated it it was ok
I probably gave all or most of this material at least 3 stars THE FIRST TIME I read and reviewed it, but since this was one big fat RE-PRINT, I feel a measly 2 stars is appropriate.

Glad I got this from the library is all I can say.
Ian Williamson
Jun 08, 2015 Ian Williamson rated it really liked it
Not exactly what I was expecting....I thought this was a prequel to the avengers vs xmen story. In a way it is, it's important stories that link into the crossover and helped shape it. The issues here are tasters and a good way for Marvel to try to get new readers to try different titles. I'd read a couple of the stories in this volume and after reading some I wouldn't mind reading some of the others. I wouldn't recommend to everyone as I can imagine it's quite a frustrating read for some, only ...more
Sam Quixote
Aug 16, 2012 Sam Quixote rated it liked it
This is a collection of key single issues from several X-Men and Avengers titles - there's no original material here. That said it is a decent summary of those books which primes the reader who doesn't want to read these books in order to enjoy the upcoming X-Men Vs Avengers book. There are single issues from each of the following books: -

- House of M (which sets up the Mutant "Drought" where there were no more mutants thanks to Scarlet Witch)
- Second Coming (where Hope appears, the first mutant
Jim
Dec 26, 2014 Jim rated it it was ok
This series was okay but it was a random collection of issues in support of the upcoming Avengers Vs X-men series and was kinda scattered and not a coherent collection. It jumped around to different groups and characters. without some background in the current titles, this leaves a reader wondering what is going on. There are about 8 issues collected and they support each other but do not tell a continuous story.
Debbie
Aug 06, 2014 Debbie rated it liked it
This book collects 7 issues from a variety of X-Men and Avengers series, and I assume is setting up further the conflict that will be part of the Avengers vs. X-Men series. It contains issues from House of M, Avengers: The Children's Crusade, and Avengers: X-Sanction, all of which I just read, so really there were only 4 new stories for me. I'll be interested to see where this all goes...
Fraser Sherman
Nov 27, 2015 Fraser Sherman rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Be warned, this isn't an actual story arc leading into A vs X, it's more like a story sampler from multiple different events (children's crusade, House of M ending, Mutant Messiah) encouraging you to Get The Whole Thing (I remained unmoved). A waste of time.
Jacob
Aug 25, 2012 Jacob rated it liked it
Public library copy. A mixed bag of older stories through the years of different titles telling tales of Avengers and X-Men. Unfortunately, much of what was in the book I'd already read before and none of the stories really offered anything about Marvel's current epic cross-over event AvX. Except, I guess Jean Grey is coming back. For like the billionth time. There's a lot of top talent on these books, but there's nothing to connect one story after the other so any new reader is going to either ...more
(Jen) The Artist Librarian
I think this would have been better if I read the actual comic book series/titles these issues were from. It totally felt disjointed to me.
Dan
Apr 04, 2014 Dan rated it liked it
As a few others have already said this is a collection of oneshots that were already available in other volumes. Just a few were new to me.
Todd Sorensen
Feb 01, 2015 Todd Sorensen rated it liked it
Good intro to fill in people (like me) who aren't really "up to date" on recent MCU storylines. Ready to read A v X!
Hannah
No dedication, alas. Fun read, but it's simply a collection of stories where the paths of the X-Men cross with that of the Avengers and therefore is a bit of a jumble. It really made me want all the in-between stories, too...so now I have to find them so it makes more sense.
Rachel
Jun 27, 2014 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: summer-2014
Kinda confusing because it jumps from comic to comic but it provides a good background to the avengers vs x men comic series.
Nicole Jade
Jul 26, 2014 Nicole Jade rated it really liked it
This was a really action packed collection. Love how all of it flowed.

holy shit at Cable vs Cap
Jenna
Mar 02, 2014 Jenna rated it did not like it
Meh, disjointed and not really that helpful. I'd rather have reread House of M.
Khabeer Rashad
Nov 05, 2015 Khabeer Rashad rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2015
Why did I waste my time with this?!
Sadie-jane (sj) alexis nunis
individually they are brilliant. I enjoyed them all. reading them together I felt just confused the reader.. The 2 stars are for how amazing the issues are on their own. wow.. This as a compilation just doesn't do it for me. oh wells..
Terry Collins
A pointless collection of one-shots and stories taken out of sequence as a set-up for the big Avengers vs. X-Men war that rises and falls on the creative teams involved. Thirteen creators are credited on the cover alone! There's no real story here so much as a series of tales that definitely do NOT stand alone. A big ol' mess that makes even the weaker sections of the Marvel Civil War titles look good.
Jamie Sigal
May 27, 2013 Jamie Sigal rated it it was ok
The stories themselves are all good, but the two-star rating comes from making me buy material I've already read elsewhere. If you're at all familiar with events in the Marvel Universe over the last ten years, you don't need this to get into an enjoy the action of the main Avengers vs. X-Men title. However, if you haven't read a Marvel comic over the past decade, then yes, read this first.
Todd
May 24, 2015 Todd rated it liked it
Solid for what it is. Key issues from different miniseries that will help prime you for AvX in case it's been a while since you read them.

Worth checking out from the library or tracking down all the trades for each of the presented stories to read them in their glory. I'm going to have to track down Magneto because I missed that story line along the way.
Robert Wright
Feb 09, 2013 Robert Wright rated it it was ok
A bit of a mixed bag of stories, ostensibly to fill in the back-story leading to the giant crossover.

Having not read said crossover yet, it's hard to say whether it does a good job at that.

Still, some fun stories here. Just doesn't stand alone or make sense as a collection at this point.

Rating/review may be changed once I make it through the epic.
Kassie
Dec 19, 2013 Kassie rated it it was ok
The stories themselves are good but I would have preferred paying more for more stories or getting a full arc. The book is a bunch of pieces of various arcs that lead up to Avengers vs X-Men and it gets really confusing trying to keep every arc straight. Two stars because the art is good but it's too confusing to get the point of any arc across.
Aaron Swensen
Apr 06, 2013 Aaron Swensen rated it it was ok
Shelves: library
The individual stories I'd rate higher than 3 but they lacked much context as a collection. The collection as a whole gets inly 2 stars because it's not it doesn't stand well on its own. It works OK as a "previously on...". Definitely not required reading for AvX, but a way to get you up to speed on the events leading up to it.
Susan Rodgers
Aug 12, 2012 Susan Rodgers rated it liked it
I loved all the stories in here, but they weren't complete. I've got a lot of other issues to go pick up in order to fill in the gaps from what I've missed. However, I'm excited to read Avengers vs. X-men so it's good that I've been prepped. I'll definitely be reading ALL of those instead of jumping around.
Alyssa Greatbanks
Oct 11, 2012 Alyssa Greatbanks rated it did not like it
Although The Avengers vs The X-Men story seemed to be interesting, this book only had the first issue of many different series's, so you really couldn't tell, and you didn't get a whole lot of story from each of them, which seemed to be mostly un-related to each other.
Peter
Mar 01, 2013 Peter rated it did not like it
This is a perfect example of what I dislike about super hero comics: stories stretched across multiple titles, no common thread or plot, no continuation of story. This was a thrown together collection of single issues that was kind of a waste of time.
Rosa
Feb 01, 2013 Rosa rated it it was ok
This volume pulled one issue from several of the story lines that led up to A vs X. I felt myself getting frustrated b/c I wanted to finish those individual story lines. I feel like I could have skipped this.
Will Robinson Jr.
Nov 26, 2012 Will Robinson Jr. rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Nothing speacial here. It is just your usual lead up to a grand Marvel event comic. However I did really like the highlights from the House of M story arc and the Young Avengers stuff.
Craig
Jul 06, 2012 Craig rated it it was ok
Kind of a disjointed mess. These stories don't seem to have much to do with each other. Maybe the payoff will come when the actual series itself starts showing up in collected volumes?
TJ Shelby
May 16, 2012 TJ Shelby rated it it was ok
Shelves: marvel
Intro compilation leading into the Marvel summer event. Pretty jumpy, not edited well as it didn't flow at all...which is how I heard the actual AvX story is turning out.
Goodreads Librari...: Combining editions 4 15 Jan 08, 2016 10:05AM