Start by marking “Avengers vs. X-Men: It's Coming” as Want to Read:
Avengers vs. X-Men: It's Coming

Avengers vs. X-Men: It's Coming (The Avengers)

3.2 of 5 stars 3.20  ·  rating details  ·  214 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Seven action-packed tales to get you up to speed for the biggest comic event of 2012! Four teams - Avengers, X-Men, Young Avengers and X-Factor - all battle to determine who will hold the Scarlet Witch responsible for her crimes. Cyclops and Wolverine square off in the climax of the SCHISM event. Magneto gets caught on video murdering an anti-mutant group. Cable returns fr...more
Published April 25th 2012 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Avengers vs. X-Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avengers vs. X-Men

Jessica
Essentially, this is a mismatched collection of teaser titles that came just before the Avengers vs. X-Men got started properly. All of them are parts of larger arcs that eventually fed into the whole huge Avengers vs. X-Men battle. Individually, none of them stand up well on their own. Few, in fact, make any sense in isolation.

If you can get hold of it at the library, it's worth looking at it to reread the end of the House of M storyline (which I'm kind of wanting to reread now). I vaguely rem...more
Sonic
I probably gave all or most of this material at least 3 stars THE FIRST TIME I read and reviewed it, but since this was one big fat RE-PRINT, I feel a measly 2 stars is appropriate.

Glad I got this from the library is all I can say.
Son of Sam Quixote
This is a collection of key single issues from several X-Men and Avengers titles - there's no original material here. That said it is a decent summary of those books which primes the reader who doesn't want to read these books in order to enjoy the upcoming X-Men Vs Avengers book. There are single issues from each of the following books: -

- House of M (which sets up the Mutant "Drought" where there were no more mutants thanks to Scarlet Witch)
- Second Coming (where Hope appears, the first mutant...more
Debbie
This book collects 7 issues from a variety of X-Men and Avengers series, and I assume is setting up further the conflict that will be part of the Avengers vs. X-Men series. It contains issues from House of M, Avengers: The Children's Crusade, and Avengers: X-Sanction, all of which I just read, so really there were only 4 new stories for me. I'll be interested to see where this all goes...
Jacob
Public library copy. A mixed bag of older stories through the years of different titles telling tales of Avengers and X-Men. Unfortunately, much of what was in the book I'd already read before and none of the stories really offered anything about Marvel's current epic cross-over event AvX. Except, I guess Jean Grey is coming back. For like the billionth time. There's a lot of top talent on these books, but there's nothing to connect one story after the other so any new reader is going to either...more
The Book Geek
As a few others have already said this is a collection of oneshots that were already available in other volumes. Just a few were new to me.
Spring Holbrook
This is actually a sampler of the storylines/events that lead up to Avengers vs. X-men. Definitely skip this one.
Rachel
Kinda confusing because it jumps from comic to comic but it provides a good background to the avengers vs x men comic series.
Nicole Jade
This was a really action packed collection. Love how all of it flowed.

holy shit at Cable vs Cap
Jenna
Meh, disjointed and not really that helpful. I'd rather have reread House of M.
Sadie-jane (sj) alexis nunis
individually they are brilliant. I enjoyed them all. reading them together I felt just confused the reader.. The 2 stars are for how amazing the issues are on their own. wow.. This as a compilation just doesn't do it for me. oh wells..
Jamie Sigal
The stories themselves are all good, but the two-star rating comes from making me buy material I've already read elsewhere. If you're at all familiar with events in the Marvel Universe over the last ten years, you don't need this to get into an enjoy the action of the main Avengers vs. X-Men title. However, if you haven't read a Marvel comic over the past decade, then yes, read this first.
Robert Wright
A bit of a mixed bag of stories, ostensibly to fill in the back-story leading to the giant crossover.

Having not read said crossover yet, it's hard to say whether it does a good job at that.

Still, some fun stories here. Just doesn't stand alone or make sense as a collection at this point.

Rating/review may be changed once I make it through the epic.
Kassie
The stories themselves are good but I would have preferred paying more for more stories or getting a full arc. The book is a bunch of pieces of various arcs that lead up to Avengers vs X-Men and it gets really confusing trying to keep every arc straight. Two stars because the art is good but it's too confusing to get the point of any arc across.
Aaron Swensen
The individual stories I'd rate higher than 3 but they lacked much context as a collection. The collection as a whole gets inly 2 stars because it's not it doesn't stand well on its own. It works OK as a "previously on...". Definitely not required reading for AvX, but a way to get you up to speed on the events leading up to it.
Susan Rodgers
I loved all the stories in here, but they weren't complete. I've got a lot of other issues to go pick up in order to fill in the gaps from what I've missed. However, I'm excited to read Avengers vs. X-men so it's good that I've been prepped. I'll definitely be reading ALL of those instead of jumping around.
Alyssa Greatbanks
Although The Avengers vs The X-Men story seemed to be interesting, this book only had the first issue of many different series's, so you really couldn't tell, and you didn't get a whole lot of story from each of them, which seemed to be mostly un-related to each other.
Peter
This is a perfect example of what I dislike about super hero comics: stories stretched across multiple titles, no common thread or plot, no continuation of story. This was a thrown together collection of single issues that was kind of a waste of time.
Rosa
This volume pulled one issue from several of the story lines that led up to A vs X. I felt myself getting frustrated b/c I wanted to finish those individual story lines. I feel like I could have skipped this.
Will Robinson Jr.
Nothing speacial here. It is just your usual lead up to a grand Marvel event comic. However I did really like the highlights from the House of M story arc and the Young Avengers stuff.
Craig
Kind of a disjointed mess. These stories don't seem to have much to do with each other. Maybe the payoff will come when the actual series itself starts showing up in collected volumes?
TJ Shelby
Intro compilation leading into the Marvel summer event. Pretty jumpy, not edited well as it didn't flow at all...which is how I heard the actual AvX story is turning out.
Trey
The disparate issues of various "event" comics don't tell a compelling single narrative, but this is a decent primer if you need to catch up for Avengers vs. X-Men.
Tessa
Dec 04, 2012 Tessa added it
Shelves: comics, speculative
a nice smorgasbord of stories preparing the reader for the upcoming showdown. gives one an idea of which storylines one would be interested in following to learn more.
Rowena Tylden-Pattenson
Needed more Rogue and Nightcrawler. Comic books are good though.
Was kinda detatched, especially the last one?!?!
B
Mar 27, 2013 B rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: borrowed
weird book. It's like "Last time in the Marvel Universe," showing brief glimpses of the past (five?) years.
Jase
nothing but reprints of older issues. read 3/5 and they are a stepping stone to A Vs X.
Mike
Reprints from other books. I don't think so.
Jenn
  • X-Factor: Secret Invasion
  • X-Men: Original Sin
  • X-Men: Magneto Testament
  • Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Utopia
Young Avengers, Vol. 1: Sidekicks (Young Avengers, #1) Young Avengers, Vol. 2: Family Matters (Young Avengers, #2) Avengers: The Children's Crusade Young Avengers (Hardcover) Wonder Woman, Vol. 1: Who is Wonder Woman?