Start by marking “Partie De Chasse” as Want to Read:
Partie De Chasse

Partie De Chasse

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  317 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Cincuenta años se dice fácil, pero a lo largo de cinco décadas, Gabriel Vargas ha reflejado el acontecer cotidiano de nuestra ciudad en la revista La Familia Burrón, en donde presenta el devenir histórico de la clase media de la capital, con sus carencias, ilusiones, esperanzas...

El autor ha trabajado sin descanso por presentar cada semana esta historieta que constituye un
Published (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Partie De Chasse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Partie De Chasse

I'm a sucker for Bilal's art, so it's often hard for me to look past that to the success or failure of the narrative. Here, the narrative somehow takes over. The story is simple, but the depth of the history they've (for whatever reason) thought out for every character makes it seem considerably more complex. Perhaps a little more education in Soviet bloc politics would help in understanding all the intricacies at work amongst these characters, but not understanding most of that didn't spoil the ...more
Perhaps a bit overly ambitious for the format, or at least for the page count. A good fifty percent of the work does no more than set up the characters in the plot, rather than advancing the plot itself, and that becomes both tedious, and somewhat confusing.

Bilal's artwork is beautiful, though. As always.
Philippe Malzieu
That occurs before the fall from the Berlin Wall. All that will occur is envisaged in this book: the perestroika, bursting of the Soviet block.
All the dignitaries of east countries are invited to a shooting party. There is the old leader Bolshevik who can't speak after a neurological accident. It is him who very organized. There are the memories which haunt them. The goal of this hunting is to allow regime's liberalisation.
this liberalization will destroy the communist bloc.
Bilal is an immense a
Story 4/5 Art 3/5
We are in the midst of a kitchen refurbishing project, so I have very little time to myself, very little time to read right now. So, why not go back and re-read some of the Graphic novels that taught me to love the genre?

I am very partial to Enki Bilal's very recognizable graphic style: the gaunt, lost faces, the haunting landscapes. I also happen to like his choice of stories, whether he actually writes them himself or collaborates with a writer.

"Partie de Chasse" has aged inasmuch as the plot
Henrique Vogado
Excelente desenho de Bilal com o texto de Christin. Um livro de 1983 que antecipa a queda do muro de Berlim 6 depois. Revisão da história da União Soviética e dos países da cortina de ferro num encontro de velhos dirigentes comunista para uma caçada. As memórias duras, o apagamento da história numa sociedade que apodreceu por dentro.
O traço de Bilal é único.
Printable Tire
So much time is spent setting up characters with complicated back stories that when the denouement finally comes it seems predictable and anticlimactic. Takes itself too seriously.
Excellent, l'univers, les personnages, l'histoire renversante.
To enjoy this book, I think one must be very interested in the history and hidden politics of the Soviet block through the last century. I myself, am not, so I found this book obscure in its references to historical events. Nice art, though.
Vaikka kukaan ei osaa piirtää kylmyyttä ja talvea kuten Bilal, tarinana tämä oli tylsempää kuin uskonto.
Ραδάμανθυς Φωτόπουλος
Great art from the hand of Enki Bilal and captivating story, through the history of warsaw's pact people.
Filipe marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
Diogo marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
andy kidd
andy kidd marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
Agnar Danielsson
Agnar Danielsson marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2015
  • The Black Order Brigade
  • Othon Le Trisaïeul (La Caste des Méta-Barons, #1)
  • Corto Maltese: Sous le signe du Capricorne
  • A Jew in Communist Prague: Loss of Innocence v. 1
  • It Was the War of the Trenches
  • Indian Summer
  • Fever in Urbicand (Cities of the Fantastic, #2)
  • Idées noires : L'intégrale