Tales of a Blood Earth

Tales of a Blood Earth

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  5 reviews
In the time after The Black, humans battle against the onslaught of the vampire armies of the Ebon Cities.

In a desolate patch of remote wasteland, a young woman named Rooke, part of a group of prisoners held by the corrupt prison wardens called The Revengers, struggles to stay alive. Ordered to unearth a terrible chamber of ancient power and hounded by once-frozen vampire...more
Published December 3rd 2011 by Darker Sunset Press

To ask other readers questions about Tales of a Blood Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tales of a Blood Earth

Chantal Boudreau
I haven’t had as much opportunity to read lately because of narration commitments, looming short story deadlines and day-job overtime, but I’m still trying to squeeze a bit in here and there. This short sampling of the Blood Skies backdrop gave me something I could manage with what little time I had. Steve has an interesting way of setting a stark, grim scene. The choppy sentences in the opening chapters capture the drudgery and single-mindedness of Rooke’s situation quite well, bold and to the...more
Shannon Gambino
Steven Montano gives a brief glimpse into the beginnings of The Black. Twisting the tale and going back in time, the author delves into the many intricate facets of the White Mother and her quest to heal the Earth from the darkness of The Black. Including a teaser for Soulrazor, Book 3 of the Blood Skies series, the reader embarks on more of Cross's journeys through the "fog of ghosts." I love this series!
Gautam Surath
Short story which I hoped was Stevens way of giving insight into what was The Black. Well it does that to some extent but it also confuses you by focusing on the wrong characters not enough on the avatars. Am hoping these shorts will give us a complete picture someday!
James Groenestein
Wow, it was great to get back in to the world of Blood Skies - even if it was just a short story.

Once again Steven has produced a masterpiece.

Characters, descriptions, plot, locations - all brilliantly created.

I shall be jumping in to part 2 soon!
Hamza
Hamza marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
M.L. Falconer
M.L. Falconer marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Charlotte Johnson
Charlotte Johnson marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Michelle B
Michelle B marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Fiona Picton
Fiona Picton marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Billie Jo
Billie Jo marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2013
Rubén
Rubén marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2013
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2013
Tobyann Aparisi
Tobyann Aparisi marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2013
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2012
Graham
Graham marked it as to-read
May 05, 2013
Jaclyn Titterington
Jaclyn Titterington marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2012
Juanita Johnson
Juanita Johnson marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2012
Maia
Maia marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2012
Michael Pugh
Michael Pugh marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2012
Nadine Maritz
Nadine Maritz marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2012
Les Braddock
Les Braddock marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2012
Blood Skies (Blood Skies, #1) Black Scars (Blood Skies, #2) Soulrazor (Blood Skies, #3) Crown of Ash (Blood Skies, #4) City of Scars (The Skullborn Trilogy, #1)