Start by marking “A Dance with Dragons: After the Feast (A Song of Ice and Fire #5, Part 2 of 2)” as Want to Read:
A Dance with Dragons: After the Feast (A Song of Ice and Fire #5, Part 2 of 2)

A Dance with Dragons: After the Feast (As Crónicas de Gelo e Fogo / Das Lied von Eis und Feuer #10)

4.40  ·  Rating Details  ·  14,399 Ratings  ·  836 Reviews
The fifth volume, part two of A Song of Ice and Fire, the greatest fantasy epic of the modern age. Now a major Sky Atlantic TV series from HBO, featuring a stellar cast.

The future of the Seven Kingdoms hangs in the balance.

In King’s Landing the Queen Regent, Cersei Lannister, awaits trial, abandoned by all those she trusted; while in the eastern city of Yunkai her brother
Published March 15th 2012 by Harper Voyager (first published June 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about A Dance with Dragons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dance with Dragons

George Guven
Dec 07, 2013 George Guven rated it it was amazing
WELCOME TO ANOTHER EDITION OF "GEORGE RR MARTIN TOOK ALL MY HOPES AND DREAMS AND WIPED HIS MURDEROUS ARSE WITH THEM".

FEATURING CHAPTERS SUCH AS "WHY DO I EVEN BOTHER TO GET ATTACHED TO THE CHARACTERS IN THIS GOD FORSAKEN SERIES", "NO MR MARTIN PLEASE I LIKE THAT CHARACTER", AND MY PERSONAL FAVOURITE: "THERE IS NOTHING LEFT IN WESTEROS BUT SNOW AND CORPSES".

THIS ENTIRE SERIES WILL DESTROY YOUR SOUL, DO NOT READ

(On a lighter note, 10/10 can't wait for book 6! Definitely worth a read. Ensure you a
Jadranka

Prebrinula sam i ovu muku :)
Šalu na stranu, drugi deo Plesa sa zmajevima hronološki se nastavlja na Gozbu za vrane, uostalom i podnaslov je:Posle gozbe.
Moram da priznam da mi je bolji od prvog dela, ali ipak i dalje na znatno slabijem nivou od očekivanog. Malo su se stvari pomerile sa mrtve tačke, ali i dalje škripi, i dalje se ide u širinu.
Ono što mi se posebno sviđa u kompletnom Plesu jeste razvoj lika Džona Snežnog, suočavanje sa teškim odlukama i sazrevanje. Za razliku od Deneris, na koju n
Νόρα
Μετά από όσα διάβασα,δεν μπορώ να περιμένω για το επόμενο βιβλίο!!!
Μάρτιν ΓΡΑΦΕ ΠΙΟ ΓΡΗΓΟΡΑ ΥΠΟΦΕΡΟΥΜΕ ΛΕΜΕ!!!!!!!!!!
Elena
Jul 21, 2015 Elena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ugh. How am I supposed to wait now? :(
Violet Payne
Dec 31, 2013 Violet Payne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Look, I will always give these books 5 stars because I love the world so much and I've given so much time to read them and invested in the characters. But after reading this book, I am pretty angry, I still trust George to write this world but I'm starting to get sick of how he is dealing with some of the most important story lines, and most peoples favourite characters. I would never spoil anything, but certain things that he makes happen in this book made me question whether he even cares abou ...more
Vanessa
Apr 13, 2015 Vanessa rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-tbr
Finally I have come to the (current) end of the A Song of Ice and Fire series - it's been a long journey but now I can happily remain unspoiled and wait for The Winds of Winter (whenever that might come about).

The second volume of A Dance with Dragons was just as good as the first, with the added inclusion of some totally badass scenes - Daenerys anyone? And so many questions have been left waiting answers in the upcoming book, all of which I am pretty excited about. This book had it all: blood
Liam
Apr 21, 2015 Liam rated it it was amazing
I NEED WINDS OF WINTER RIGHT NOW!!

I HONESTLY CAN'T WAIT MUCH LONGER!!
Bob
May 09, 2012 Bob rated it really liked it
The chapters in all the GOT books are organized by character so that an alternative way to read the books is to do just and follow one character through each of the volumes, rather than read each volume from cover to cover as one would normally. Since each character follows part of the overall timeline they sometimes overlap each other's narrative, but most often not, and it is an interesting way to follow the various twists and turns of the plot through all the volumes not just this one.

Someti
Mick O'Dwyer
Jul 15, 2012 Mick O'Dwyer rated it liked it
The First Part of A Dance With Dragons fairly ripped along, but everything felt as though it came to a juddering halt with this book. Part of the problem, for me, is that while the sheer number of characters give it a sense of scale you never really get to spend too much time with any of them. The result of that is bigger gaps between each little event in their story, so there a lot of little increments but not nearly enough to drive through the plodding nature of things. Characters that you've ...more
Susana
(review in english below)

Melhor do que o volume anterior, ainda assim este deixou-me um pouco insatisfeita.
Sobre alguns personagens não há qualquer informação, como é o caso de Sansa e do Mindinho.
Sobre outros fica a faltar "mais que muito" - afinal o que se passou com Brienne?
E as minhas expectativas sobre o ressurgimento de Benjen Stark foram defraudadas...

De qualquer modo, a história nunca perdeu o interesse para mim e, ao contrário de alguns comentários que já li relativamente a este livro e
Hamad Al-Failakawi
Jul 30, 2013 Hamad Al-Failakawi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 2013
This review concludes my thoughts on the series as a whole *with no plot spoilers for any of the 5 books*

It's been exactly 4 days since I've finished the last book of the epic fantasy series "A Song of Ice and Fire" known to everyone by the adapted TV series which carries the 1st book's name "Game of Thrones" and all that I can do now is to wait for the next one to be released, which is NOT an easy task! The books took me through this amazing journey in which I found myself really attached to th
Catarina
Apr 01, 2013 Catarina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cátia Santos
Jun 28, 2015 Cátia Santos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
É bom que os restantes livros estejam para breve e que alguns factos aqui descritos não sejam aquilo que parecem...

Estou ainda demasiado em choque, irritada e desgostosa! OMG George R. R. Martin!
Natalia
Jul 20, 2016 Natalia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, bookshelf
I still can't believe that I can't dive into the next book straight away as it isn't even out yet and that ending. Even though I watched the tv show I still didn't expect somethings that actually happened in the book! So it was basically like reading something I had no idea about and that is a good thing, I was determined that something wouldn't happen in this book, a certain death, but it did and I cried and cried and reread that part of the book around three times - it didn't help with closure ...more
Abdullah
May 24, 2015 Abdullah rated it really liked it
WTF YOU CANT JUST DO THAT I WANT WINDS OF WINTER NOW :(
Anachronist
Aug 23, 2012 Anachronist rated it it was ok
Synopsis or something like that:

It is he fifth volume of A Song of Ice and Fire, the fantasy epic series which has been made very popular nowadays. If you have read the previous four parts you know that summarizing the fifth would be close to impossible; if you haven’t read any of them, well, just let me tell you no summary an no TV series can prepare you for the complexity of those books. In fact the plot is so convoluted as to defy synopsis. Really even the work of Tolkien pales in comparison.
James
Jun 27, 2012 James rated it really liked it
So again, George R.R. Martin is unable to write a book that can be safely published as a single volume paperback. Perhaps somebody should explain to him that slightly smaller novels, published more regularly, might keep the haters at bay - heck it might even make it less of a chore for him to write. As with the split of A Storm of Swords the second book was the better part of the novel. Although less markedly so this time I thought.

The first third of the book continues pretty much where A Dan
Craig "NEEDS MORE DAMN TIME TO READ !!!!"
That's it, finished, done, no more Game of thrones related fun now. Finished all current seasons of the television show, finished all currently available books, life is over haha. Seriously though, another great read! As much as I love the show I really do like how in depth the books are even though there is a lot to keep track of and a lot of characters!! The threads and events that happen in this book make book 6 a hard wait indeed...
MAGS
Aug 15, 2016 MAGS rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Li uma crítica que dizia que o autor enrola durante 500 páginas e, nas últimas 50, tudo acontece. Não concordo. Senti-me presa a este livro do início ao fim, com todas as emoções à flor da pele. Este livro é fantástico, esta saga é fantástica, este autor é fantástico. Deixou-me a roer as unhas (se eu as roesse) e empolgadíssima para ler o próximo. Mal posso esperar!
Donna Hosie
Jan 13, 2014 Donna Hosie rated it it was amazing
Oh my freaking hell!!!!! There literally isn't a single character George R.R. Martin won't kill off.

This book made me scream - IN PUBLIC!!

WHERE IS THE NEXT BOOK??!!
Sarah u
Several people told me before I started A Dance with Dragons that the second half of the novel was the better and boy, were they right. This was everything I have wanted from A Song of Ice and Fire- twists, turns, surprises, and something to think about- since finishing A Storm of Swords.

Some of the storylines I was hoping to see again in part two of A Dance with Dragons were not present, mainly (view spoiler)
Patrícia
Regressar a Westeros é sempre uma aventura recheada de todo o tipo de emoções. Principalmente quando esta é a segunda parte de um livro tão aguardado como foi o A Dance with Dragons e quando sabemos que estamos a aproximar-nos do fim daquela que é a maior obra da Fantasia depois de O Senhor dos Anéis.
Apesar de estarmos a dois livros do fim, nostalgia é algo que Martin ainda não está para nos conceder e, num livro em que muitas personagens ficaram de parte e outras tiveram maior destaque, a dúvi
Christine (weereader)
Nov 26, 2015 Christine (weereader) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, read-2015
I think this final book was one of my favourites from the series so far!
The deaths and plot twists in this book were completely unexpected and I was really surprised. I am excited about a lot of the newer characters and the new direction some plots are heading in. Everything has changed and I really don't know what to expect from Winds of Winter.
My favourite POV from this book were Victarion Greyjoy and Cersei, they are both such interesting characters and their storylines have remained interest
Aleshanee
May 06, 2015 Aleshanee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Wow! Ich bin sowas von begeistert von diesen zwei Bänden - vor allem, da ja Band 7 und 8 für mich etwas geschwächelt haben, hatte ich mich hier sehr auf die Charaktere gefreut, die ich dort vermisst hatte. Ich war sofort wieder in der Geschichte drin; kleine Andeutungen haben geholfen, mir alles wieder ins Gedächtnis zu holen, da einige Figuren ja in den letzten beiden Bänden "gefehlt" haben. Mittlerweile fühlt es sich so an wie nach Hause kommen und ich bewundere hier vor allem die Einzelheiten ...more
Ceyda
Nov 27, 2015 Ceyda added it
Son kitabını okuduktan sonra artık bir zahmet bir tanecik review yazmaya karar verdim.

Serinin sonunda duygusal olarak iniş ve çıkışlardan yılmış durumdayım öncelikle, yok hangi karakter öldü (ya da ölmedi mi acaba) derken baya süründürüyor. Hiçbir karakterin ölümü veya hayatta kalması hakkında bir garanti alamıyorsunuz, yani karakterlere bağlanıyorsanız daha da süründürücü olabilir. Seride kıyamete kadar uzanan bir karakter listesi var, bunu o kadar önemsediğimden söylemiyorum ama bazen "ya bu
Danielle
Mar 02, 2015 Danielle rated it it was amazing
DAMN, THAT ENDING.
By far the best ending out of all of the endings in this series so far! The last 5 chapters were full of cliffhangers and death and just over all epicness.

For a while there I did think this one would be getting a 5.7/5 purely because I was mildly confused for a few chapters but then I got back on track pretty quickly and thank the Gods I did otherwise I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have understood anything that happened in that epilogue.

My only complaint was that there are still s
Sasa
May 03, 2015 Sasa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5
Esma Tezgi
Dec 12, 2014 Esma Tezgi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
George Martin dehası tartışılmaz. Ejderhaların Dansı'nda tempo hiç düşmedi her an yeni bir şey, her sayfa ayrı bir güzeldi ama bitti. Bir sonraki kitap bir an önce çıksın lütfen.
Bookhoarder
Jun 16, 2015 Bookhoarder rated it it was amazing
Dear George,sweet,lovely George...Get your gigantic butt on that chair and finish writing Winds of winter or I'll swear I'll die out of overthinking and you don't want to be responsable for any other death,do you?DO YOU?
Yeah,you probably don't give a F...
I think that this part was the most intense one from whole series...I liked the new characters...Thank you for killing half of them...And Snow?I mean WHAT?I hope red woman can handle this.I seriosly hope...
And you,my friend,really know how to ma
Anchica
Sep 10, 2015 Anchica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
I wanted to give this book 4 stars, but the ending was amazing :O
Should I read this????? 4 55 Mar 25, 2013 08:05AM
A Song of Ice & F...: Sansa...Queen in the North... 139 415 Aug 20, 2012 01:50PM
  • A Vingança do Assassino (A Saga do Assassino #4)
  • O Medo do Homem Sábio - Parte 1 (A Crónica do Regicida, Livro 2 - Parte 1)
  • A Marca de Kushiel (Kushiel, #2)
  • Presságios de Inverno (Acácia, #2)
  • A Senhora da Magia (As Brumas de Avalon, #1)
  • Os Pilares da Terra, Volume 1 of 2 (Os pilares da Terra, #1)
  • Words of Radiance, Part 1 (The Stormlight Archive #2.1)
  • A Voz da Vingança (Tigana, #2)
  • Pan Lodowego Ogrodu. Tom 2
  • Niebo ze stali. Opowieści z meekhańskiego pogranicza
  • Das Schicksal der Zwerge (Die Zwerge, #4)
  • Lágrimas do Sol e da Lua (A Saga das Pedras Mágicas, #3)
  • A Manopla de Karasthan (Crónicas de Allaryia, #1)
George R. R. Martin was born September 20, 1948, in Bayonne, New Jersey. His father was Raymond Collins Martin, a longshoreman, and his mother was Margaret Brady Martin. He has two sisters, Darleen Martin Lapinski and Janet Martin Patten.

More about George R.R. Martin...

As Crónicas de Gelo e Fogo / Das Lied von Eis und Feuer (10 books)
  • Die Herren von Winterfell (Das Lied von Eis und Feuer, #1)
  • A Muralha de Gelo (As Crónicas de Gelo e Fogo #2)
  • A Fúria dos Reis (As Crónicas de Gelo e Fogo #3)
  • O Despertar da Magia (As Crónicas de Gelo e Fogo #4)
  • A Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow (A Song of Ice and Fire #3, Part 1 of 2)
  • A Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold (A Song of Ice and Fire #3, Part 2 of 2)
  • O Festim dos Corvos (As Crónicas de Gelo e Fogo, #7)
  • O Mar de Ferro (As Crónicas de Gelo e Fogo, #8)
  • A Dance with Dragons: Dreams and Dust (A Song of Ice and Fire #5, Part 1 of 2)

“Every touch a lie. I have paid her so much false coin that she half thinks she's rich.” 11 likes
“Then you do not belong here. Death holds no sweetness in this house. We are not warriors, nor soldiers, nor swaggering bravos puffed up with pride. We do not kill to serve some lord, to fatten our purses, to stroke our vanity. We never give the gift to please ourselves. Nor do we choose the ones we kill. We are but servants of the God of Many Faces."
"Valar dohaeris." All men must serve.
"You know the words, but you are too proud to serve. A servant must be humble and obedient."
"I obey. I can be humbler than anyone."
That made him chuckle. "You will be the very goddess of humility, I am sure. But can you pay the price?"
"What price?"
"The price is you. The price is all you have and all you ever hope to have. We took your eyes and gave them back. Next we will take your ears, and you will walk in silence. You will give us your legs and crawl. You will be no one's daughter, no one's wife, no one's mother. Your name will be a lie, and the very face you wear will not be your own.”
1 likes