Start by marking “52 Things Wives Need from Their Husbands: What Husbands Can Do to Build a Stronger Marriage” as Want to Read:

52 Things Wives Need from Their Husbands: What Husbands Can Do to Build a Stronger Marriage (52 Things)

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  71 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Many wives long to have their husbands choose them all over again. To be their knight in shining armor. Their leader. Their listener. Their lover. In 52 Things Wives Need from Their Husbands, Jay Payleitner, veteran radio producer and author of 52 Things Kids Need from a Dad, offers a bounty of welcome advice, such as: “Stir her pots”

“Buy sparkly gifts”
“Be the handyman”
Audio
Published February 1st 2012 by christianaudio (first published December 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about 52 Things Wives Need from Their Husbands, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 52 Things Wives Need from Their Husbands

Feb 24, 2012 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Title: 52 THINGS WIVES NEED FROM THEIR HUSBANDS
Author: Jay Payleitner
Publisher: Harvest House Publishers
February 2012
ISBN: 978-0-7369-4471-7
Genre: Inspirational/marriage

Nobody knows your wife like you do. You’re the guy who can make her day or break her heart. The choice is yours.

If your husband technique needs a refresher course, then pick up 52 THINGS WIVES NEED FROM THEIR HUSBANDS. Mr. Payleitner offers 52 wonderful pieces of advice that men need to know, such as:

To be sane on Valentine’s d
Pilar
Mar 01, 2012 Pilar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Single & Married Men
Recommended to Pilar by: Harvest House Publishers
You are probably wondering why did I read this book, since I'm clearly not a husband, but a wife. But I was curious to see what points Jay Payleitner actually makes to husbands in his book, "52 Things Wives Need From Their Husbands".

I found that Jay Payleitner offers sound advice for husbands in a very easy, practical and straightforward way. Here are some of my personal favorites from the book:

Need #3 ~ To Leave So You Can Cleave
Need #10 ~ To Try This Experiment
Need #11 ~ To Read the Verses th
Jeff Bobin
Apr 03, 2014 Jeff Bobin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: men, marriage
While there were good ideas here there were too many times I had trouble taking it seriously or the advice was simply bad.
Beth E
Interesting read in that it was written for men about women, and as a woman, I was curious about how these books read and what this author thought might be needed by a woman in a relationship. The book reads fairly stereotyped as women being 'scatterbrained, less intelligent, more likely to shop and spend money', etc. Those thoughts rubbed against me as being far to simplistic and allowing the male stance of 'rescuer' and other titles of hero to be at work. While it drew from scripture and tried ...more
Brandon Allen
There are better books on the subject in my opinion than this one. I thought some of the advice was good and some of the advice was weird/destructive. His chapter on the mission trip with the other woman seemed dangerous at best. I thought the book played to male/female stereotypes a little too much for my liking.
Brian Eshleman
I wasn't as inspired as I was with the book about fathers and children. I can't come up with a specific reason or criticize anything about the author's technique. Like me, he likes meaningful quotes. He manages to hit on some critical principles without being heavy-handed, but I just wasn't as moved by this work.
James
Feb 18, 2015 James rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent book with some insight and humor, but not one I would put on a "must read" list.
5kfan
Jul 12, 2014 5kfan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book, although nothing I didn't know already.
richard wetzel
richard wetzel rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Carmen Lena
Carmen Lena marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Oleg
Oleg rated it it was ok
Jan 22, 2016
Amanda Bradshaw
Amanda Bradshaw marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
Kling,
Kling, added it
Jan 04, 2016
Waverly's Mom
Waverly's Mom marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
akaSlips
akaSlips rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2015
Herman
Herman marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2015
Mark A Evans
Mark A Evans rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2015
Esteban Elias
Esteban Elias rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2015
James Drake
James Drake rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2015
Jonathan DeMersseman
Jonathan DeMersseman is currently reading it
Oct 22, 2015
Mimi
Mimi marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2015
Dan
Dan rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2015
Kris Gamble
Kris Gamble rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2015
Justin Ellenwood
Justin Ellenwood rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2015
Kathy Trosclair
Kathy Trosclair rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2015
Gilbert Gill
Gilbert Gill marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

52 Things (4 books)
  • 52 Things Daughters Need from Their Dads: What Fathers Can Do to Build a Lasting Relationship
  • 52 Things Kids Need from a Dad
  • 52 Things Husbands Need from Their Wives

“You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” WALT DISNEY (1901–1966)” 0 likes
“True love begins when nothing is looked for in return.” ANTOINE DE SAINT-EXUPÉRY (1900–1944)” 0 likes