Start by marking “The Lay of Gilthol and Kirðral” as Want to Read:
The Lay of Gilthol and Kirðral

The Lay of Gilthol and Kirðral (Arva Universe)

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  3 reviews
A chance encounter with a party of Elves introduces Kirðral, daughter of the chieftain of the Gaiad, to Gilthol, the son of the high king of the Elves. Gilthol confronts Kirðral's father and asks for permission to wed her. What erupts is a mighty conflict between the two rival races threatening to keep Gilthol and Kirðral apart. But love may have other plans.
ebook
Published December 28th 2011 by Smashwords (first published December 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Lay of Gilthol and Kirðral, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lay of Gilthol and Kirðral

Vicki Wilson
I have always been a fan of the great poets like Yeats ect. Over the years I have meticulously sifted through all of them in order to find the ones I like best. The ones I want to and have to read again and again. The ones that pack the hardest punch and bleed all over the pages - the classics. Modern poetry has always left me feeling a little bit hollow and not quite satisfied. Most lacking that one thing I can not quite put my finger on.

Enter "The Lay..." What a beautiful piece of poetry heav
Sally
Lay of Gilthol & Kirõral is a collection of poems about the world of Fae.

I don’t usually read poems but I enjoyed these poems for the descriptive world that Hendrickson portrayed and with the theme of tragic lovers and forbidden love throughout it gave a sense of Romeo and Juliet, fae style.
Krista D.
There is very little poetry that appeals to me anymore. I like my old-style poems and prose, and haven't really found anything modern that's done for me what the old ones have.

Until now.

I will need to re-read this a couple more times because I'm sure I missed lots. I was really just swept away with the beauty of the language and the skill that went into this.

Outstanding.
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Earicka
Earicka marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Heather Bell
Heather Bell marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Bryan Fuller
Bryan Fuller marked it as to-read
May 25, 2013
Harry
Harry marked it as to-read
May 25, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2012
Katy
Katy added it
Oct 26, 2012
JasonH
JasonH marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2012
Vincent Hobbes
Vincent Hobbes marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2012
Jacob
Jacob marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2012
Abby Miller
Abby Miller marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2012
Kari
Kari marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2012
Kevis Hendrickson
Sep 01, 2012 Kevis Hendrickson added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Kevis Hendrickson is an aspiring filmmaker and the author of six Science Fiction and Fantasy novels, including The Legend of Witch Bane and the Rogue Hunter series. His second novel Rogue Hunter: Quest of the Hunter won the Red Adept Annual Indie Award (2010) for 'Top Science Fiction'. His most recent novel is Rogue Hunter: Life Force. The fourth book in the series, Rogue Hunter: Longshot, is sche ...more
More about Kevis Hendrickson...
Rogue Hunter: Inquest Into the Abyss The Legend of Witch Bane Rogue Hunter: Quest of the Hunter Intruder