Start by marking “Private Games - Free Preview: The First 16 Chapters” as Want to Read:
Private Games - Free Preview: The First 16 Chapters

Private Games - Free Preview: The First 16 Chapters

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  467 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
On your mark
Private, the world's most renowned investigation firm, has been commissioned to provide security for the 2012 Olympic Games in London. Its agents are the smartest, fastest, and most technologically advanced in the world, and 400 of them have been transferred to London to protect more than 10,000 competitors who represent more than 200 countries.
Get set
The op
Published (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Private Games - Free Preview, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Private Games - Free Preview

Anita
Feb 24, 2012 Anita rated it it was amazing
If you like a book full of action, emotion and suspense you will want to read this latest James Patterson novel. It is a page turner. It will keep you up at night wanting to get to the next page to find out what is happening next!! You will enjoy Peter Knight, the newest Private Firm employee. Suspense and a surprise as to who the killer is of many 2012 Olympic Stars. Great book and a fabulous read.
Myrna
Feb 21, 2014 Myrna rated it really liked it
James Patterson and Mark Sullivan's Private Games is a good read. Without realizing it, I started reading this book during the winter Olympics (Feb 2014). This made the book seem quite realistic. Private is a renowned investigation firm. It was commissioned to provide security for the Olympic Games in this book. The book opens when Peter Knight, Private's investigator, is called to the scene of a murder. A high member of the Games organizing committee has been killed. News reporter, Karen Pope, ...more
Lois
Feb 24, 2013 Lois rated it really liked it
What can I say - I LOVE JAMES PATTERSON - when I sit down to read one of his books, time flies and the end of the book comes too quickly....
Joy
Sep 29, 2012 Joy rated it liked it
Get set
The opening ceremony is hours away when Private investigator and single father of twins, Peter Knight, is called to the scene of a ruthless murd
Cheryl Cufari
Sep 26, 2014 Cheryl Cufari rated it really liked it
Shelves: listened-to
Patterson's Private series takes the reader to various world location this time the London 2012 Olympics. Although the real event went smoothly, this mystery takes an opposite slant - terror and violence. A good read but thankfully not reality.
Leslie Sheridan
Jul 12, 2014 Leslie Sheridan rated it it was amazing
Ok here is another one I loved! The bad guy was soo bad!! Again I'm the type of person who won't think twice about never finishing a book. But not this one! This is a take it to the beach, get your chair set, and don't look up again book!
Ruth Niles
Jan 31, 2015 Ruth Niles rated it it was ok
I am loving the "Private" series by James Patterson but this one was not as captivating (for lack of a better word).
Lorrie
Mar 13, 2015 Lorrie rated it liked it
I Love baked food
Sandi Perry
May 15, 2012 Sandi Perry rated it really liked it
Well, this is a typical James Patterson--reliable, quick, interesting almost until the end. The backdrop of the Olympics set in London felt topical and fresh.I liked the new detective, although I truly cannot remember his name as Mr. Patterson's detectives almost blend into one another, i.e. the same, overburdened widowed everyman dad trying to save the world. I'm just glad when my husband remembers to take out the garbage!
Barbara
Oct 20, 2012 Barbara rated it it was ok
I have read many, many of James Patterson's writings. I am disappointed in the plots on this book and the last one he has written. This book was predictable and read like a "formula" book. Very disappointed. I am not sure I will read any more of his books now that he is co authoring. I really liked his original books much more.
Donna Kass
Aug 13, 2012 Donna Kass rated it liked it
I love Patterson's books because they flow. I sat down and read this in one sitting. The story was cool because I just finished watching the Olympics, and this story ties into it. I wonder what would have happened if this really did occur. Of course, the ending tied up too pretty, but I was able to excape for an evening.
Durinda
May 18, 2014 Durinda rated it really liked it
Excellent, excellent, excellent read. Read it in a day. Very weird reading dates of occurrences in the book which are exact dates that I will be flying transatlantic as well this year!! Weird. Another page-turner with great excitement and twist!!!
Tiffany
Another great read by James Patterson, including the one thing I love the most about his books, whether he writes them by himself, or has a co-author, and that is the short chapters. I'm never bored when reading his books, this one is no exception.
Courtney Jordan
Mar 16, 2012 Courtney Jordan rated it liked it
Shelves: patterson
I had a hard time getting into this one until 3/4 of the way through. Surprised me, as I love Patterson. I almost put it down at one point but, I was too far in. Once it finally got to the "who done it", it got really good.
Cathy Cusson
Jul 26, 2013 Cathy Cusson rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
I love James Patterson. This wasn't the best Private novel, but it was a good fun read. Little mixed upon the other review of a James Patterson novel by the same name and nearly the same description. What gives?
Gail Jorgensen
Feb 17, 2012 Gail Jorgensen rated it really liked it
someone is trying to stop the olympic games in London 2012 the London branch of "private"is involved with the security.A lot of twists and turns along the way keeps you wondering "who done it".
Mary Hammock
Dec 23, 2013 Mary Hammock rated it really liked it
Started the book in October while I was in Oregon. Finally got it from the library here. Started reading it again yesterday and couldn't put it down. Loved the story.
426 pages
Jen
Mar 25, 2012 Jen rated it liked it
Found this book hard to get into which is very unlike a James Patterson book for me. It did get better towards the end, however def. not one of my favorites from Mr. Patterson.
Alaina Maxam
May 14, 2012 Alaina Maxam rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT. THIS BOOK KEPT ME WANTING TO READ MORE. I DEFINITELY DIDN'T SEE THE ENDING COMING. EVERY BOOK I READ BY JAMES PATTERSON SEEMS TO SURPRISE ME MORE AND MORE
Kassie
Feb 25, 2012 Kassie rated it it was amazing
Eerie because the real London games are coming up this summer.....didn't like all the killing of the athletes....but it wss a good story....just bad timing...
Tammy
Feb 21, 2012 Tammy rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was a very fast read and it was lots of action. Loved the end too! It really moved along and I love these characters.
Deborah
Amazing, could not put it down. JP continues to amaze me that he can write faster than I can read them. I'm on the 4th book in 10 days.
Wai-Fong
Apr 30, 2012 Wai-Fong rated it it was ok
I expected the story to be similar to other Private books but was disappointed. It was not a page-turner and a bit predictable.
Linda Donald
Mar 13, 2012 Linda Donald rated it it was amazing
Shelves: james-patterson
much better than the first book. Private games kept the outcome suspenseful until the ending. A very good read.
Eric
Mar 06, 2012 Eric rated it it was amazing
One of my favorites of Patterson's in a long time.

Kept me guessing right up to the very end.

Eric
Sharon
Mar 01, 2012 Sharon rated it liked it
Just enough to get a person interested and then, the preview is over. Can't wait to read the whole book.
Joel Schaefer
Apr 03, 2012 Joel Schaefer rated it liked it
Not the best book, but an interesting plot set in London. The story was a little too predictable.
Jean Scholle
Kind of scary watching the Olympic games after reading this book!
Emily
Feb 23, 2013 Emily rated it really liked it
ah another great Patterson. Loving it so far. I really liked this book.
Kitty Ward
Jan 06, 2013 Kitty Ward rated it really liked it
Patterson continues to entertain me with fast moving pace and some surprises
  • Who Discovered America? The Untold History of the Peopling of the Americas
  • America: A Narrative History
  • Maximum Ride: List of Maximum Ride Characters, Maximum Ride, James Patterson, Maximum Ride: the Angel Experiment
  • Practically Wicked
  • Die Before I Wake
  • A King in a Court of Fools
  • A Voice in the Box
  • Backstage Stuff (Jane Wheel, #7)
  • Blood Lies (Rogue Warrior, #16)
  • Kojo the Sea Dragon Gets Lost
  • Palm Trees on the Hudson: A True Story of the Mob, Judy Garland & Interior Decorating
  • The House on Butterfly Way
  • The Fairy Caravan
  • Ding Dong! Gorilla!
  • Where the Hell is Matt? The Story Behind the Internet Dancing Sensation
  • Obsession Wears Opals (Jaded Gentleman, #5)
  • The Athlete's Book of Home Remedies: 1,001 Doctor-Approved Health Fixes and Injury-Prevention Secrets for a Leaner, Fitter, More Athletic Body!
  • The Kitchen Garden Cookbook: Fresh and simple meals from your own hands
Offical US Site
Offical UK Site
Offical James Patterson Young Adult Site
Offical Site for James Patterson's Middle School Series

James Patterson has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. As of January 2016, he has sold over 350 milli
More about James Patterson...