Start by marking “The Book of Pook” as Want to Read:
The Book of Pook

The Book of Pook

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  139 ratings  ·  14 reviews
The 'Game' or Pick-up artist (PUA) movement has been growing in recent years. Basically, if you haven't come across it, its a collection of psychological techniques for pressing women's buttons in order to get them to be attracted to you.

A couple of years ago there was a man who posted on a PUA forum called So Suave and had his own blog called Pook's Mill. His basic messag
Published (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Book of Pook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of Pook

No More Mr. Nice Guy! by Robert A. GloverThe Way Of The Superior Man by David DeidaThe Way of Men by Jack DonovanModels by Mark  MansonThe Rational Male by Rollo Tomassi
The Red Pill
43rd out of 46 books — 19 voters
No More Mr Nice Guy by Robert A. GloverModels by Mark  MansonHow to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale CarnegieThe Book of Pook by PookThe Rational Male by Rollo Tomassi
top 200 post compilation redpill
4th out of 15 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Dan Davidson
A book about how to be a man in a feminist world.
Elius
Dec 29, 2011 Elius rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Forever Aloners
This is clearly the best book I have ever read.

How would I describe this book? This compilation of forum posts came from a PUA forum, so yes, I suppose it leans in towards PUA, and mostly, inner game material. But this is so much more than that!

The Book of Pook teaches you to be a man and to not give in to the power that women yield over spineless guys. More effectively, the book wants you to respect yourself and to love yourself. If you don't love yourself, how can you expect anyone else to lov
K
Don't categorize it as PUA, red pill, or a pickup guide. Yeah it teaches you what women are really thinking and is a survival guide for this feminism rampant society, but more importantly it teaches you to value yourself. Deeper than picking up girls, the techniques and philosophies here will grow you into a better person.
Luis
This book as huge downside! I want to read more, I want to talk to the author - invite him to my house an discuss this subjects.
I had huge moments of awareness and realizations that make a lot of sense. Guys are being feminine and passive, being reactive rather than active.
Shiittt, this book is awesome. The way that Pook writes is funny and very easy to understand. We can see he has read a lot and thinks regularly about this stuff.
He should do a "real" book.

I can say that he changed my life for
Bruno Silva
It has sound advice on many different areas of life, all of them usually related to sexuality.

Since the first time I met this “community” I could never manage to force myself to enter in a forum about seduction, nothing against guys there, but I don’t think it would be great for my personal evolution to be in one.

Contradicting my prejudice it was easy to see that the author of those posts was indeed successful with women. In this seduction community, as in all other areas of life, immediate exp
Ali Ghazi
It's kinda hard to get anything useful from this book, it is very radical and challenging to the mainstream belief, good for motivation but it is very easy for an immature reader to read this and turn into a misogynistic and resentful creep.
outraged
Was directed to this by a friend, and I couldn't get past the first few pages. Not touching this pile of crap again.
Phil
5 stars for zeal and life, 1 star for misogynistic bullshit, of which there's a shocking amount.
Josh Smith
Disregard women, acquire aesthetics, acquire currency, acquire bros, acquire puppies.
Mehul Govani
This was a great book. So many life lessons packed into this, I had to just stop reading this and rethink all my beliefs. This book focused on changing people inside out and that is exactly what it did to me. Whoever this guy Pook is, he has a great writing style (filled with humor) and explains concepts in such a simple way. I think I've learned all that I needed to learn and I'm just a little disappointed by the fact that I didn't find this book 5 years ago!
Brian
Impressive for a collection of online posts. Great wisdom to be digested, with a grain of salt provided
Lucian Llgg
Best Seduction material out there.
Jay D

Excellently crucial.
Jonathan Turnick
Jonathan Turnick is currently reading it
Jul 28, 2015
Anthony Achkouty
Anthony Achkouty marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Pieter Vermeersch
Pieter Vermeersch marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Lasse
Lasse marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Lance Hartland
Lance Hartland marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Robert Judkins
Robert Judkins marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Ellipticalsaw
Ellipticalsaw marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Angel Reyes
Angel Reyes marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Matt Warakomski
Matt Warakomski marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Sam Brennan
Sam Brennan marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
nera
nera marked it as to-read
David
David marked it as to-read
  • Models: Attract Women Through Honesty
  • The Manual: What Women Want and How to Give It to Them
  • Mental Traps: The Overthinker's Guide to a Happier Life
  • The Natural: How to Effortlessly Attract the Women You Want
  • No More Mr Nice Guy
  • The Way of Men
  • The Manipulated Man
  • King, Warrior, Magician, Lover: Rediscovering the Archetypes of the Mature Masculine
  • Sex God Method
  • Mastering Your Hidden Self: A Guide to the Huna Way
  • The Rational Male
  • Introducing Neuro-Linguistic Programming: Psychological Skills for Understanding and Influencing People
  • Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training
  • Fire in the Belly: On Being a Man
  • Why Sex Matters: A Darwinian Look at Human Behavior
  • The Way Of The Superior Man: A Spiritual Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Women, Work, and Sexual Desire
  • Fuckowski, memorias de un ingeniero
  • Save the Males: Why Men Matter Why Women Should Care

“You are caught in the vicious cycle. You are hesitant because you are not used for
things going your way. And things will never go your way because you remain
hesitant. You see what you want, become hesitant, and the door of opportunity
closes. It happens again. And again. And again. With each choice towards
Inaction, you reject yourself a little bit more.”
3 likes