Start by marking “Awry (The Archers of Avalon, #2)” as Want to Read:
Awry (The Archers of Avalon, #2)

Awry (The Archers of Avalon #2)

4.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  9,907 Ratings  ·  574 Reviews
Three curses. Two brothers. One love triangle.
Sometimes love is meant to be. But sometimes...love is the death of you.

Seventeen-year-old Scarlet has just died. Only, dying isn't unusual for a girl under a centuries old curse that left her semi-immortal.

This time, though, she comes back to her current life instead of awaking in a new one, and she realizes her curse is cha
495 pages
Published June 12th 2012 by Firefall Publishing (first published June 10th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Awry, please sign up.

Ⓐⓢⓗⓛⓔⓨ I bought it just fine at amazon.com - America right? I'm not sure why you're having trouble - make sure your search result is in kindle store rather…moreI bought it just fine at amazon.com - America right? I'm not sure why you're having trouble - make sure your search result is in kindle store rather than all departments? (less)
Onyx by Jennifer L. ArmentroutInsurgent by Veronica RothCity of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareFinale by Becca FitzpatrickOpal by Jennifer L. Armentrout
2012 Most Awaited YA Novels and Sequels
33rd out of 265 books — 734 voters
Insurgent by Veronica RothOnyx by Jennifer L. ArmentroutObsidian by Jennifer L. ArmentroutThe Golden Lily by Richelle MeadCity of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
Must-Read Books of 2012
10th out of 443 books — 456 voters

More lists with this book...

Stormy
Jun 23, 2012 Stormy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone literate. Hell, even the illiterate.
Shelves: my-loves
Awry (The Archers of Avalon #2)
by Chelsea Fine (Goodreads Author)
Sometimes love is meant to be. But sometimes love...is the death of you....

This time, though, she comes back to her current life instead of awaking in a new one, and she realizes the curse is changing. Together with the immortal Archer brothers, Scarlet must piece together her life and try to break
Booknut
To start off...my ideal Archer brothers would look like this:

And yes, I'm aware that these are in fact, Jack and Finn, but a girl can dream :D

So Scarlet's all, "Pffft, no! I don't have feelings for Tristan!" *averts gaze* "What...what on Earth are you babbling about?!"

So basically this book was torture. The girl's got amnesia. Everyone's out to kill her. The curse gets worse. Her love life's in ruins. Plus, we as the reader, have to choose between two amazingly talented, sweet and gorgeous gu
Sumaya

OHMAFUCKINGGOD! PEOPLE! have you read the first chapter?!!!!! It's on Chelsea Fines blog!!!!! READ NOW.. N-O-W!!!! Oh and read the book now too... it is AHHMAZING!

(view spoiler)
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ (of BADGER and Snake)
*5 Star-crossed Stars*

Scarlet inhaled as she looked into his soft eyes and deep dimples. He smelled like leather and water. “I think," she said quietly, now that their mouths were close to each other, “that easy and clean love is not true. It is simply convenient. Messy love, though…that is something to revel in.”

My thoughts are a jumbled mess and I am giant ball of giddiness. I can’t say this story had as good of an ending as the first (The first had an epic ending), but it did a better job o
Jo
Jun 17, 2012 Jo rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read something so good that you have to reread it 1, 2 or maybe 10 more times before you move on to another book??? Well that is this book!! I am going to be re-reading it already! (and yes it just came out yesterday!) This book was awesome! Much better than book one! Ok, how much do you LOVE Tristan? Because I LOVE him so much! I wanted to scream at his brother you have no right to her, no reason to be upset, she was never yours! I loved reading the story about how they met and fe ...more
Amina
“Love is rare....But always worth pursuing.”

"...there's no victory without a battle."

Rating; FIVE FUCKINGLY HUGE STARS

I'm having a heather moment, O-M-G O-M-G O-M-G O-M-G O-M-G...IT WAS SO FUCKING GOOD O_O
Oh look its the amazed kitten from my Anew review..

[image error]
GIFSoup

First off, I'd like to share a song...Uhhum...

Hey Chelsea!
Your books? So fine!
They're so fine, they blow my mind.
Hey Chelsea!
Hey, hey! hey Chelsea!

:D
Gabriel: *mumbling* Laaame... even worse than Nate's very lame toy co
Aira  Cabrera
Mar 14, 2016 Aira Cabrera rated it really liked it
Oh Tristan, I adore you so much. This book has sealed the deal for me. Tristan and Scarlet better end up together. I will die (not literally) if they do not!

Scarlet is immediately brought back to life moments after her death. Something has changed this time. She still doesn’t have her full memory back, but she remembers everything that happened since her last life. Unfortunately, she still doesn’t remember where the fountain of youth is. Thanks for letting everyone hope Scarlet.

I loved the chapt
Morgan Walsh
Jan 31, 2012 Morgan Walsh marked it as to-read
My god, Chelsea Fine, you torture us by not releasing Awry now!

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?!?!?! If Scarlet admits to loving Tristan, then what happens to Gabriel? More importantly, what happens to Scar since she kind of seemingly died at the end of Anew?!

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE)
5 Hello, hunter! stars

One minute please -

What a wonderful journey! It's been a long time since I enjoyed a sequel more than the first book. I'm not saying it never happens, but, well, that's pretty rare, you know? When we read a trilogy, beginning the second volume is always filled with fear and followed by tons of existential questions, which we can sum up with this one : Will the sequel ruin or glorify the expectations born in the first book?

Anew ends with a cliffhanger - the kind of cliffh
AJ
Jul 26, 2014 AJ rated it really liked it
"In essence - we're all screwed" . Yeah, that pretty much covers it!!! The action starts straight away, and the story twists and turns, dragging our beloved characters even deeper into the complexity of the supernatural curse that is upon them. And I loved it!

This book picks up immediately at the point of the devastating cliffhanger at the ending of book 1 – Anew– and the emotion poured into the first few chapters is staggering! Two pages into this book and I had tears streaming down my face. M
Maria (highinthebooksky)
Oct 07, 2014 Maria (highinthebooksky) rated it it was amazing
well i didnt get the kiss I was hoping for but thats ok book two was still amazing!!!!!

I don't want to repeat myself by telling you guys again how perfect Tristan is so yeah let's move on to other stuff

I really liked the fact that eventually there isn't really a love triangle going on ... I mean Gabriel wasn't a threat.at all ... a little.bit annoying.in this book I have to say but he wasn't in the "way" or anything...
and finally !!!! I know what the tattoo means!!!!! veeery satisfying!!!!
basi
Belinda Flavall
Jun 23, 2012 Belinda Flavall rated it it was amazing
You know how in some series, the second book can sometimes be a little... meh? It's not like the first where you have the excitement of the first meeting, the chase, the anticipation of finding out what's going on, and it's not like the last one where you get the conclusion and everything is solved. No, the second book in trilogies can be exactly what they are: an in-between where it lacks that initial excitement, and there is no closure.

But, I am VERY happy to say, that Awry proved to be the e
Rachmi
Mar 13, 2013 Rachmi rated it it was amazing
My BFF: So, how is sequel of Anew? Have you finished it?

Me: Yes, I have. It was so good. Have you read Anew?

My BFF: Why? Do I have to read it A-S-A-P?

Me: Yes, you have too, what are you waiting for? You’ve already had it.

My BFF: Why do you want me to read it A-S-A-P? Yeah, I know you gave Anew 5 stars and it was your first 5 stars for this year so it must be awesome, well....at least for you. And why you won't stop talking about it? Who do you think you are, Oprah?

Me: What do you mean?

My BFF: We
Jen (in her Unicorn Bubble)
**Spoilers if you haven't read Anew**

The last two sentences in Awry have me ecstatic for the final book. I feel as though I should be jumping around my house, fist pumping the air. Seriously. No, seriously. I loved every single thing about this book. The dialogue is witty and hysterical. The characters quirks and strengths make them that much more lovable or loathable. And the element of having star-crossed lovers? Oh, this was done perfectly. Tristan and Scarlet broke me over and over again and
Kim (Sliced Open Reviews)
Come on, did any of you really think this book would fall short after reading ANEW? Shame on you if you just said yes…SHAME!

THE ARCHERS OF AVALON series is one of my favorites, for sure! After reading ANEW, book one in the series, I was like a crazed animal in need of food. I scavenged the internet hoping that AWRY would release soon but, I found nothing on the release date for weeks and weeks. Then, BAM here it is and I was able to breathe again! Thankfully the story in AWRY picks up right wher
Debbie I Heart YA Books
OMG! OMG! As Heather would say in this novel, Awry is absolutely fan-freakin-tastic!!! and I definitely agree! Chelsea Fine has taken me on the most twisted, romantic, and mysterious adventure with the amazing Archers of Avalon series. I'm totally in awe with Fine and this incredible story. I love that Fine gave the backstory of how the love curse began in the 1500's between Scarlet, Tristan, and Gabriel right along with the present day story of them trying to find the cure for the curse. Awry d ...more
Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss
5 STARS!!! Ms. Fine did it again! I could not put this one down. Chelsea, please tell me there is going to be a third book. The physical (and sexual) tension between Tristan and Scarlet was amazing and left me wanting more. The book ends with a HUGE cliffhanger that begs for more of their story! I'm dying to know what happens with Gabriel, Heather, Nate, and, of course, Tristan and Scarlet.
Lora
Jul 19, 2012 Lora rated it it was amazing
Omg omg omg! This is like the best book ever! The first book was good but this book was FANTASTIC! So if you loved Anew you're defiantly going to want to check this book out! The clif hanger at the end of this book is so amazing! Ahhhh I can't wait!!!! Ps: I FUCKING LOVE YOU TRISTAN!
Deniz
Jul 09, 2015 Deniz rated it really liked it
Nadir yaşadığım bir şey oldu ve serinin 2.kitabını daha çok beğendim. Bu kitap bana daha akıcı geldi. Kitapta daha çok Tristan olmasının benim için etkisi büyük tabii ki de... İkilem'le hikayenin en başına dönmemiz harika olmuş. Geçmişten anlatılan sahneleri günümüz hikayesinden daha merakla okumuş bile olabilirim ;) Bu kitapla Gabriel'e biraz sempati kazanmış olsam da -o da az çekmemiş- hala favorim Tristan hiç kusura bakmasın yanii... Raven hakikaten yemiş bitirmiş bunları... Tristan ve Gabrie ...more
Katherine Pine
Jan 30, 2012 Katherine Pine marked it as to-read
I'm really looking forward to this book. That cliffhanger KILLED me!
Lucy MB
Jan 11, 2016 Lucy MB rated it it was amazing
*6,7,8 freakin'stars"

Okay guys... Remember how much I loved "Anew"? Well, it was NOTHING compared that how I feel about "Awry" because THIS second book was purely awesome. Seriously, it moved me by so many ways that I don't even know where to start to talk about it...

And after this ending? Let me tell you I am a mess... I almost call my boss saying I was sick in order to read the third book straight away... It wouldn't be rational, right ? Right. I guess...

Since "Awry" is a sequel, I can't ta
M.
Sep 27, 2012 M. rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Those who follow my reviews know that I have zero patience for silly, YA series where the heroine is trapped between two love interests cause I simply hate love triangles, especially when the choice is so painfully obvious. It's really rare the case where a love triangle is done properly and does not feel forced. The only other love triangle to date that I don't mind is the one in Infernal Devices and the reason why is because I respect and understand all parts involved in said triangle.

In Awry
Jodi Davis
Scarlet Jacobs is cursed to live a short life and be "reborn" some time later. When Scarlet dies and then reawakens to the life she was just in, she knows the curse is changing. Along with her band of immortal friends and her mortal best friend, they must race to find the fountain of youth before she dies again.

Oh my, Chelsea Fine can you do no wrong?

This book was fantastic. The first one was wonderful, but this was so much more wonderful. I loved the flashbacks, I loved being able to see why S
Ana Quiambao
Jun 17, 2012 Ana Quiambao rated it really liked it
This one is better than Anew. I guess because this gave details on the three main characters (that is Scarlet, Gabriel and Tristan.) I like that the author told the story of the three's first lives, how they met and how they end up so messed up though I find it a bit confusing sometimes. Now I understand
why Tristan is so aloof, Gabriel so lost and Scarlet the way she is.

As the story goes, who Scarlet really is in her real life became more of a mystery which is quite frustrating since I was exp
Ana
Jun 26, 2012 Ana rated it it was amazing
OMG…OMG…OMG…as Heather would say! I loved this book! Ms. Fine has done it again. But this time she’s done it with information and history instead of the mystery and suspense of the first book. How is that possible? Well, I think it’s possible because the characters are still captivating, the premise is still intriguing and the emotions are still intense!

The characters I fell in love with in Anew are better than ever in Awry. Scarlet is becoming stronger, more focused and the hero this story need
Ramonelle Hiteroza
Jun 23, 2012 Ramonelle Hiteroza rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
WHEN'S THE THIRD BOOK COMING OUT? NOW? NO? HELL.

I can't even begin to describe how much I loved this sequel to Anew, which BTW, I loved too. Awry is even better. Much, much better. We get to see flashbacks from Scarlet, Tristan and Gabriel's past lives. And it's oh-some! The first meeting of Scarlet and Tristan, first kiss, and how she ended up being Gabriel's fiance and all were revealed and I so loved that.

Throughout this book, my constant thought was "POOR TRISTAN". Seriously, give him a brea
Holly
Jun 19, 2012 Holly rated it really liked it
*REVIEW CAN ALSO BE FOUND AT WWW.THEREADIACS.COM*

The story picks up right where Anew left off. Scarlett has “died” but before she does, she tells Tristan she knows where the Fountain of Youth is. Say what?! Of course, nothing is ever easy, so when she wakes up- still in her current life- she has no memory of where it might be. And thus, we start the cycle over again.

Things are different this time around, however. Not only can Tristan feel Scarlett, now she can feel him. So what happened in her p
Laura Elizabeth
Jun 27, 2012 Laura Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
O.M.G, O.M.G, O.M.G,

There probably just aren't words to describe how much I love this series. I read Anew and loved it, and I told myself to pace out Awry so that December wouldn't feel so far away... or that the wait would not kill me like an arrow laced with immortal blood... which it completely is, BTW (in the words of Heather).

Okay, first, the writing and twists are incredible. I. am. the. world's. worst. predicter. I predict endings and who-dun-its like its a life or death situation for
Theresa Jones
Jun 18, 2012 Theresa Jones rated it it was amazing
Awry starts off right where Anew ends. You are immediately thrust back into Scarlet’s life as she tried to understand what is going on, tries to remember her past, and figure out how to end the curse.

All the characters from Anew come back in full force, including some of the minor characters like Heather, Nate and Laura. Every single character has enough depth to them, that even though they are only supporting characters, they really do bring life to the book. The plot was well paced, and perfec
Edit (October 2014): Buddy read with these really amazing girls: Chelsea, Anna, Elena, Jen, Portia, Harriet and Maria.

“For all the glamour of living forever … immortality is really just a long curse. Finite life is precious; it’s fleeting and significant. But immortality… immortality isn’t living at all. It’s a permanent existence void of meaning.”

So, in my review of Anew I said that the story had potential. Lots of potential. I was right. I liked Anew but I totally loved Awry! It was still so
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Mar 14, 2015 07:19PM
Tristan? or Gabriel? 32 169 Jun 21, 2014 09:13AM
What to read next? I miss the characters already :( 8 80 Dec 04, 2012 02:06PM
  • Gideon's Promise (Son's of Judgment, #2)
  • Scorched Skies (Fire Spirits, #2)
  • Angelsong (Dark Angel, #3)
  • What Tomorrow May Bring
  • Billow (Ondine Quartet, #2)
  • Endless Magic (Star-Crossed, #4)
  • Walking Dead Girl (Vampireland, #1)
  • Central (Daughters Of Saraqael, #2)
  • Waiting for Mercy (Cambion, #2)
  • Fate Succumbs (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #3)
  • Zero Hour (Gypsy Brothers, #8)
I write, I paint, I drink coffee and I love superheroes. I fail at cooking and putting laundry away and I have a minor addiction to reading. Okay, major. Friend me!
More about Chelsea Fine...

The Archers of Avalon (3 books)
  • Anew (The Archers of Avalon, #1)
  • Avow (The Archers of Avalon, #3)

“How did you kill the Ashman in the forest last year?”
“I shot him with an arrow.”
“What kind of arrow?”
“A sharp one.”
Nate rolled his eyes. “Really, dude? A sharp one?”
89 likes
“I'm going to kill you." Gabriel pointed at Tristan.
"For what?" Tristan raised a brow at his twin. "It's not like I asked Scarlet to come lie on top of me. I woke up and she was just...there.”
68 likes