Start by marking “Watermelons: How Environmentalists Are Killing the Planet, Destroying the Economy and Stealing Your Children's Future” as Want to Read:

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  6 reviews
As the world stands on the brink of a new Great Depression, James Delingpole's message could not be more timely or urgent. In order to save our planet must we relly surrender to the green movement's misanthropic tyranny? Or might there be a better way?
Published February 1st 2012 by Biteback Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Watermelons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Watermelons

Gary
A non-scientist who knows a lot more about climate change than Warmists seem to. I say 'seem to' because they know and sometimes admit it's not about the science. Delingpole is, however, extremely funny and wide awake to the ploys of the Watermelons (Green-on-the-outside-but-RED-on-the-inside types).

He shows in modern, clear, hilarious prose the real issues around climate change (note they shifted away from using 'global warming' as much after it stopped warming and started using 'climate change
Brittany Solarz
While I did not like the writing style of Mr. James Delingpole, I did rather enjoy being presented with new perspectives of old 'facts'. As a high school student learning about climate change now, and of course, learning about how it IS happening, this book was a bit of a refresher as it looked at how scientists the world over, have been distorting evidence to predict climate change, and subsequently cause, as the author puts it, mass hysteria.
There are still multiple questions left unanswered,
Benjamin Gladwin
I really think that the difficult part of the environmental debate at the moment is admitting that there is a real problem with both the data, and the politics. Once I did that. Read the data, listened to the argument from both sides, I realised that this is another area of extreme uncertainty.

If you don't read both sides of the story, and you stay in the four channel world of australian media, then you wind up saying just what you are told to.
Jim
To make decisions you need to read both sides of an argument. A thoroughly good read
Frank
Excellent.
Tomáš Zemko
Tomáš Zemko marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Rod
Rod added it
May 22, 2015
Casey Auch
Casey Auch marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Michael Okoya
Michael Okoya marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Annika
Annika is currently reading it
May 10, 2015
Monkeybars2
Monkeybars2 marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Paul Nanson
Paul Nanson marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Katie Dawes
Katie Dawes marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Gareth
Gareth marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Oolalaa
Oolalaa marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Kaylyn Tyler
Kaylyn Tyler marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Summer Brennan
Summer Brennan marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Megan Levine
Megan Levine marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Lindy Brown
Lindy Brown marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Nathan
Nathan marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Reggie
Reggie marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Alhadiid Somad
Alhadiid Somad marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Pio
Pio marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
James Delingpole is a British journalist and novelist.
More about James Delingpole...
Welcome to Obamaland: I Have Seen Your Future and It Doesn't Work Watermelons: The Green Movement's True Colors Coward on the Beach, Vol. 1 365 Ways to Drive a Liberal Crazy Coward At The Bridge (Dick Coward 2)