Start by marking “The Jamie And Angus Stories” as Want to Read:
The Jamie And Angus Stories

The Jamie And Angus Stories

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  8 reviews
From the moment Jamie sets eyes on Angus in the shop window, he just knows that they belong together. On Christmas morning, they're finally united and soon the toy Highland bull is Jamie's constant companion.
Published by Walker & Company (first published July 22nd 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Jamie And Angus Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Jamie And Angus Stories

This was interesting to me, because it stands outside the usual children's publishing genres. It looks like an early chapter book, but in content and tone is closer to a picture book and more suitable for a pre-reading pre-school audience. A good possibility for a child who likes longer picture books and is ready to listen for longer than an average picture book takes to read. I wonder if this book has found its ideal audience?
Oh my goodness, I loved this book. It's cozy and sweet and warm, both the stories and illustrations. And it's so British, I can't even. Reading this book is like wrapping yourself in a warm, well-worn blanket. Heaven.

Jamie is a sweet, endearing little boy and Angus is his faithful Highland Bull stuffed friend. Jamie's parents and Uncle Edward are loving, sweet, and fun, perfectly paired with our little hero.

Humorous and full of heart, these stories Jamie and his constant companion Angus will ple
I've read only chapter one so far, and I'm impressed with the writing and the message. Here is a child who waits patiently for a gift he picked out months before Christmas. In the interim he paints, cuts, and glues paper towel tubes, fabric scraps, and popsicle sticks into a farm for his new toy. Hmm, guess I need to get a sewing basket if I dream of E and W crafting this way instead of buying the Fisher Price farm... ;)

Now that I've finished, I'm not as smitten, but still think it's pretty good
It's rare to find such an utterly sweet book that at the same time gets totally into the head of a preschooler. This is actually a chapter book with black and white illustrations wonderfully conveying the personality of Jamie and (even more amazingly) his plushie Highland bull and best friend, Angus. Jamie's mom, dad, grandma and uncle come across as well-rounded characters, and Fine is expert at making Jamie and Angus' adventures compelling while still being realistic.
Charlee Jackson
Jana (That Artsy Reader Girl)
Cutest book ever! And SO British! I adored every word.
Extremely sweet series. Great for 3-4 year olds.
Connie Gunderson
Mostly really super sweet and cute.
Sarah marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2015
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2015
Andrea Mancheno
Andrea Mancheno marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
J. marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Katerina Stournara
Katerina Stournara marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Mirela Radanovic
Mirela Radanovic marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Christ King
Christ King is currently reading it
May 25, 2015
Bookmogul marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Ariel Young
Ariel Young is currently reading it
Apr 22, 2015
Pragya marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Anca  Ciochina
Anca Ciochina marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Sophie marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Beckey added it
Apr 02, 2014
Amy marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Though readers often find themselves inadvertently laughing aloud as they read Anne Fine's novels, as she herself admits, "a lot of my work, even for fairly young readers, raises serious social issues. Growing up is a long and confusing business. I try to show that the battle through the chaos is worthwhile and can, at times, be seen as very funny." In 1994, this unique combination of humour and r ...more
More about Anne Fine...
Madame Doubtfire The Tulip Touch Flour Babies The Diary of a Killer Cat (The Killer Cat, #1) Bill's New Frock