Wedgieman: A Hero Is Born

Wedgieman: A Hero Is Born (Wedgieman)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  18 reviews
In The Adventures of Wedgieman:A Hero Is Born, young readers will follow Veggiebaby from his humble beginnings on his journey to becoming Veggieman. Um, make that Wedgieman, since that's what the kids in the neighborhood all call him. Let's face it—children aren't the best spellers and, well, wedgies are a lot cooler than veggies!

But it's not all cauliflower and carrot sti...more
Published August 7th 2012 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Wedgieman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wedgieman

Joella www.cinjoella.com
I love the things Charise Mericle Harper and Bob Shea have done. So I was excited to read this particular easy reader. Basically Veggie Man is a kid who loves vegetables. And he has super powers. He had to practice his superpowers in order to actually be good with them, but he worked and became Veggie Man…a superhero who wanted to help others love vegetables too. When a kid was stuck in the top of a tree, he flew up to save the day. Then he gave the kid a bunch of carrots. However, while he was...more
Sylvia
A funny book with nice illustrations, suitable for children age 6 - 8 years old who are reading on their own.

One day a superhero was born. His name is Veggiebaby. He loves vegetables. All those vegetables made Veggiebaby very healthy, so he grew fast and one day he turned into Veggieboy.

Veggieboy practices his superhero skills. It was not easy but he keeps trying until he succeed.

After a while, he turned into Veggieman. He is a grown-up now so he uses his superhero skill to help other people. O...more
Fjóla
A humorous early reader, that's actually slightly funny in places, and so are the illustrations. Note that I may be rating it higher because I can't help but compare with Tales for Very Picky Eaters, which we found somewhat lame ...
Rosanna
surprisingly good.
Steven
This is a thoroughly enjoyable book to read aloud with my 3 year old. His laughs make it even more fun, and the reread factor only gets tiresome when he wants to reread the book more than 3 times in one sitting. He could be stalling his bedtime...or he really just enjoys this book.
Joenna
Veggieboy practices flying, lifting, and helping people to hone his superhero skills, and finally Veggieman's training as a superhero is complete, but he is surprised when children want to change his name.

So excited for this new early reader series that will be perfect for boys!
Sharon
A disappointing beginning to an early reader series which is likely to appeal to the Captain Underpants set. Unfocused, confusing plot. The idea has potential so I will read others in the series with interest.
This was a silly book that you wonder why it was named Wedgieman. I am glad you don't find out until you are almost done with the book.
Kim Heimbuch
May, 2013- Review coming soon to my new website and will also be posted here. www.musingwithcrayolakym.com
Morris
"I liked when Veggieman helped that kid when he got stuck in that tree."
Ensignlibrary
Best new Early Reader book ever. I was laughing out loud. LOVED IT!!
Robin
Funn story and pictures. Young boys are sure to love rading this one.
Stacy
So cute and funny! Would be great for read-aloud too.
Kate
Feb 12, 2014 Kate rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
Definitely better than I thought it would be.
Andy
Pretty awesome kids book.
Joey
Cuuuuute.
PWRL
Mar 20, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
E
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Clinton Davis
Clinton Davis marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Patrick
Patrick marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Heather Schmitt
Heather Schmitt marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Just Grace (Just Grace, #1) Fashion Kitty Still Just Grace (Just Grace, #2) Cupcake Just Grace Walks the Dog (Just Grace, #3)