Start by marking “Return To Atlantis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #8)” as Want to Read:
Return To Atlantis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #8)

Return To Atlantis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase #8)

4.13  ·  Rating Details ·  2,597 Ratings  ·  128 Reviews
American archaeologist Nina Wilde and her husband, ex-SAS bodyguard Eddie Chase, are back for another heart-stopping, globe-spanning adventure in the latest New York Times bestselling series that “raises the bar to please adventure junkies who prefer to mainline their action” (Publishers Weekly, starred review).

A MISSING SCRAP OF ANCIENT PARCHMENT.
THREE POLISHED PURPL
Published August 28th 2012 by Bantam (first published November 8th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Return To Atlantis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return To Atlantis

Florence
Aug 28, 2012 Florence rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an intense, fantastic, action-oriented, thrilling mystery that is well worth the read. The plot focuses on the archaeologist Nina Wilde and her husband Eddie Chase, an ex-SAS bodyguard. Together, these two characters must bring together powerful items from antiquity to form an even greater source of power. The level of action and adventure in this book is high; the characters are believable. You will feel as if you have embarked on a true adventure with Nina and Eddie. Not wanting to spo ...more
Mary
Aug 24, 2012 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fast paced, well developed Wilde/Chase adventure. It was non-stop action from beginning to end. This installment ties in people and events from previous books but don't let that deter you from diving into this thrilling read. If you're looking for high adventure in the Indiana Jones vein you need look no further. This is it. OK, it's a bit far fetched in spots but that's half the fun. Highly recommended.
Matt Holland
Nina and Eddie take on YET ANOTHER billionaire megalomaniac. I swear to go the entire Fortune 500 must be made up of insane assholes. Very entertaining though so I can't really complain!
Neill
Aug 22, 2012 Neill rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Had just finished Pantheon when I started this and a few chapters in I decided this was already more fun than the whole of the previous book. Action sequences were great. However, what I hadn't appreciated was that the action would be relentless and totally OTT. The main characters would endure some fantastic life or death battle in EVERY CHAPTER, always seeming to escape at the last moment by the skin of the teeth. Submarine battles at the bottom of the Atlantic, escaping from a Zimbabean priso ...more
Malini Agarwala
Mar 22, 2014 Malini Agarwala rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, adventure
Robin Carter
May 04, 2012 Robin Carter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action-thriller
As usual this is Nina and Eddie in Action at its most dramatic,, although the plot this time has a little more edge to it than normal with Eddie on the run from all law enforcement (see book 7).
The story picks up where the previous left off building on the intrigue that surrounds the statues and what they can do and where they come from, the story loops back to the start with us looking back again to Atlantis.
(to give any more would be spoilers)

As usual you have Andy's electric pace, fun and ove
Hal Smith
Feb 18, 2013 Hal Smith rated it did not like it
For implausible to work you at least have to like the characters. Folks here are Clive Cussler mannequins, on a budget. And I'm starting to wonder if there is a book that says 'Atlantis' on the title that actually does an interesting take on Atlantis. Not this one.

And what's compelling in villains with such diabolical schemes also being so hapless? Whole squads of supposed macho super-Ninjas drop like flies against one man - and they started the fight with all the guns.

If there was cleverness in
David
Jan 02, 2013 David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the first 7 books in the series last year and got hooked on Nina and Eddie. Well, "buggeration and f.......ery", McDermott has done it again. The book, called "Return to Atlantis" in North America, not only picks up where Empire of Gold leaves off, it also brings a number of other plot-lines to an energy-packed and thrilling conclusion. A fast-paced adventure ride from beginning to end for any and all adventure junkies.
Marti
Apr 07, 2014 Marti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a book! I just caught sight of a blurb which says that this is the 8th in a series starring Dr. Nina Wilde and her husband, Eddie Chase. Where have I been? All kinds of action takes place in this book, including an underwater adventure in Atlantis itself, as well as being in a Japanese sky scraper when it starts to disintegrate, on a mountain in Switzerland, and the desert in Africa. Read it if you dare!
Robert
May 10, 2012 Robert rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, series
Good entertainment.
Julia
Sep 01, 2011 Julia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!!! Cant wait for the next one!
Gail Russell-laing
Best ever action adventure books I have read
Kelly Wisniewski beckmann

Awesome
David Devine
Jun 18, 2017 David Devine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mcdermott
I really think Nina needs to get another line of work. The destruction of incredible archaeological finds she makes is becoming old hat. Well that and the line of bodies her ex-SAS husband seems to leave in their wake. Still, it's a non-stop roller coaster ride following them from one point in the world to the next.
Elizabeth O'Byrne
I really love stories that include archeology and action. The action is over the top though.
Kimberly Bearce
Mar 19, 2017 Kimberly Bearce rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesomeness

Thrilling ride. You think the story can't get any better and then it dies. Non stop action and a good story.
John Ritzema
Mar 08, 2017 John Ritzema rated it really liked it
My first if this series. Likely to read others. Fun page turner
Will
Aug 12, 2012 Will rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I absolutely loved this book! The story is fantastic, the characters are well-developed, and the action is non-stop! I received this book for free because I had signed up for one of the First Reads giveaways and won. Honestly, it was the first book I have ever won, so I was very excited to read it. When I found out that I had won the book, I actually worried a little because I discovered that I would be receiving a book that is number eight in a series. My concern was that I would find the story ...more
Darren Hartwell
Back in June 2011 I reviewed Andy McDermott's Empire of Gold, the seventh book in his explosive series featuring main characters Nina Wilde and Eddie Chase. I am a huge fan of what a friend and I have christened 'quest books', and this is one of my favourite series from this genre. Incredibly, the first book in this series, The Hunt for Atlantis, was only released back in 2008, so by my reckoning that is averaging at two books a year. From a lesser author, we might expect inconsistent quality, r ...more
Mark Easter
Dec 19, 2013 Mark Easter rated it really liked it

A MISSING SCRAP OF ANCIENT PARCHMENT.
THREE POLISHED PURPLE STONES.
AND FROM THE SUNKEN WORLD OF ATLANTIS:
THE GREATEST POWER ON EARTH.

Nina Wilde and Eddie Chase have stunned the world w

Jeninne
After being somewhat disappointed in the last book, with it feeling a little rehashed and predictable, I was cautiously optimistic for the next in the series. And thankfully, instead of being more of the same, this book felt surprisingly new and exciting. And that may be a little odd to say, because in retrospect, this book really goes back to what made the first couple of books in the series so special. Gone is the endless and repetitious relationship issues, and the almost too long narratives ...more
Eric
Sep 17, 2014 Eric rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Talk about cliff hangers!!!! This book is practically non-stop cliff hangers where Nina and Eddie Chase manage to escape from one impossible situation to another. Somewhere in the book one of the characters describes their story as "a combination of Indiana Jones and James Bond." I can't think more of an apt description of the story. Bad guys become good guys, some good guys become bad guys, the twist and turns are a constant. I liked the book because the reader gets involved with the characters ...more
Theresa
Aug 07, 2014 Theresa rated it really liked it
And it all starts to come together. The plots and schemes from the previous books may have seemed isolated, but in this book they start to intertwine and become one. As to this story, oppression is oppression no matter how you nicely you package it. And killing even a small % of the world population to ‘change and improve’ the rest is unacceptable.

This is another exciting storyline, but there’s not as many explosions and we’re starting to see a lot of the same bad guy characters over and over.
Anne
Feb 18, 2017 Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great read from this author.
Meghant Parmar
A lost legend, a long trail, a list of benefactors and a couple who ought to prevent the misuse of the legendary piece from the bottoms of the Atlantis.

The demystifying theory of a thriller is decoded with a great command in the story. There is ample action, thrill and drama to keep the story alive and kicking for most of the part. The book with it's historical substance keeps it like a cat-mouse game and leaves a long trail behind for the readers to uncover. There's copious amount of unforgivi
Tabs
Nov 22, 2013 Tabs rated it it was ok
Before I start, I did not know this was a book 8, but you could tell and the story moves on just fine. On the other hand, maybe it means this is eight books in one story, it sure felt like it.

Story has enough to keep you reading then you realize it is just too much stuff. Five James Bond movies in one book (still reading make that eight. I think we might be going back to Africa. Just finished reading add three Indiana Joes movies, the Atlantis cartoon from Disney and Lara Croft), but you are don
Mark Easter

Another brilliant Wilde/Chase thriller from one of the best in the business - Andy McDermott. Archaeologist Nina Wilde's life has fallen apart. Her husband, ex-SAS soldier Eddie Chase is on the run, falsely accused of murder, and her only distraction has been investigating the origin of three strange statues stolen from her just before Eddie's disappearance. When Nina discovers they may be relics from the lost civilisation of Atlantis, it's clear that she has to get her head back in the game, an

Tyson Adams
Jan 17, 2012 Tyson Adams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ridiculously fast paced action, check. Plot that squirms and worms its way along as fast as the action, check. Nina and Eddie blowing up everything they come across, check. Must be another adventure by Andy McDermott.

In my book Andy McDermott and Matthew Reilly are the kings of fast paced action novels. There is no stone left unthrown, no ancient monument left intact, no bad guys die peacefully: brilliant! Of course this style of novel is not for everyone, especially if you currently have a pace
Tabs
Nov 18, 2013 Tabs rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Story has enough to keep you reading then you realize it is just too much stuff. Five James Bond movies in one book (still reading make that eight. I think we might be going back to Africa), but you are done after the first one. By the first chapter, you don't care about any of the characters.

The improbability of this book is not even science fiction worthy. There is no disbelief to suspend.

Nina is the STUPIDEST heroine/human being on the planet. This is my thought after she is almost killed a
Dec 21, 2016 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
I thoroughly enjoyed this book - a slight departure from the norm, Temple of the Gods picks up right where the last one left off. We get to see a bit more of Eddie's past, and are swept into a worldwide conspiracy with Nina. Fast-paced, and full of cliff hangers, McDermott makes sure you're on the edge of your seat for the entire journey. And my favourite Australian makes an appearance - what more can a girl want?

On a slightly more negative note, some of the actions in this book do seem to stre
Goodreads Librari...: ISBN 9780553593662 2 19 Oct 18, 2012 03:00PM
Goodreads Feedback: This topic has been closed to new comments. No page count on this book 2 23 Oct 18, 2012 02:11PM
  • The Gods Of Atlantis (Jack Howard, #6)
  • Ripper (Event Group Thriller #7)
  • The Roswell Conspiracy (Tyler Locke, #3)
  • Threshold (Chess Team Adventure, #3)
  • The Death Relic (Payne & Jones, #7)
  • The Eden Legacy (Daniel Knox, #4)
  • Black Sun (Hawker & Laidlaw, #2)
  • The Temple Mount Code (Thomas Lourds, #3)
  • The Atlantis Revelation (Conrad Yeats Adventure, #3)
  • The Sacred Sword (Ben Hope, #7)
  • Quest (Dane Maddock #3)
  • Scarecrow Returns (Shane Schofield, #4)
  • The Moses Stone (Chris Bronson, #2)
  • Dark Rising (Alex Hunter, #2)
Andy McDermott was born in Halifax, West Yorkshire, and now lives in Bournemouth. As a journalist and magazine editor, amongst other titles he edited DVD Review and the iconoclastic film publication Hotdog. Andy is now a full-time writer.
More about Andy McDermott...

Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Hunt for Atlantis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #1)
  • The Tomb of Hercules (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #2)
  • The Secret Of Excalibur (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #3)
  • The Covenant Of Genesis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #4)
  • The Cult Of Osiris (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #5)
  • The Sacred Vault (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #6)
  • Empire Of Gold (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #7)
  • The Valhalla Prophecy (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase #9)
  • Kingdom of Darkness (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #10)
  • The Revelation Code (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #11)

“This is not my fault! Any ideas?”

“You don't have a white flag, do you?”
10 likes