Start by marking “Return To Atlantis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #8)” as Want to Read:
Return To Atlantis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #8)

Return To Atlantis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase #8)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  1,707 ratings  ·  98 reviews
American archaeologist Nina Wilde and her husband, ex-SAS bodyguard Eddie Chase, are back for another heart-stopping, globe-spanning adventure in the latest New York Times bestselling series that “raises the bar to please adventure junkies who prefer to mainline their action” (Publishers Weekly, starred review).

A MISSING SCRAP OF ANCIENT PARCHMENT.
THREE POLISHED PURPLE
Published August 28th 2012 by Bantam (first published November 8th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Return To Atlantis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return To Atlantis

Florence
This is an intense, fantastic, action-oriented, thrilling mystery that is well worth the read. The plot focuses on the archaeologist Nina Wilde and her husband Eddie Chase, an ex-SAS bodyguard. Together, these two characters must bring together powerful items from antiquity to form an even greater source of power. The level of action and adventure in this book is high; the characters are believable. You will feel as if you have embarked on a true adventure with Nina and Eddie. Not wanting to spo ...more
Mary
Another fast paced, well developed Wilde/Chase adventure. It was non-stop action from beginning to end. This installment ties in people and events from previous books but don't let that deter you from diving into this thrilling read. If you're looking for high adventure in the Indiana Jones vein you need look no further. This is it. OK, it's a bit far fetched in spots but that's half the fun. Highly recommended.
Neill
Had just finished Pantheon when I started this and a few chapters in I decided this was already more fun than the whole of the previous book. Action sequences were great. However, what I hadn't appreciated was that the action would be relentless and totally OTT. The main characters would endure some fantastic life or death battle in EVERY CHAPTER, always seeming to escape at the last moment by the skin of the teeth. Submarine battles at the bottom of the Atlantic, escaping from a Zimbabean priso ...more
Matt Holland
Nina and Eddie take on YET ANOTHER billionaire megalomaniac. I swear to go the entire Fortune 500 must be made up of insane assholes. Very entertaining though so I can't really complain!
Angel Eyes
Robin Carter
As usual this is Nina and Eddie in Action at its most dramatic,, although the plot this time has a little more edge to it than normal with Eddie on the run from all law enforcement (see book 7).
The story picks up where the previous left off building on the intrigue that surrounds the statues and what they can do and where they come from, the story loops back to the start with us looking back again to Atlantis.
(to give any more would be spoilers)

As usual you have Andy's electric pace, fun and ove
Hal Smith
For implausible to work you at least have to like the characters. Folks here are Clive Cussler mannequins, on a budget. And I'm starting to wonder if there is a book that says 'Atlantis' on the title that actually does an interesting take on Atlantis. Not this one.

And what's compelling in villains with such diabolical schemes also being so hapless? Whole squads of supposed macho super-Ninjas drop like flies against one man - and they started the fight with all the guns.

If there was cleverness in
Meghant Parmar
A lost legend, a long trail, a list of benefactors and a couple who ought to prevent the misuse of the legendary piece from the bottoms of the Atlantis.

The demystifying theory of a thriller is decoded with a great command in the story. There is ample action, thrill and drama to keep the story alive and kicking for most of the part. The book with it's historical substance keeps it like a cat-mouse game and leaves a long trail behind for the readers to uncover. There's copious amount of unforgivi
David
I read the first 7 books in the series last year and got hooked on Nina and Eddie. Well, "buggeration and f.......ery", McDermott has done it again. The book, called "Return to Atlantis" in North America, not only picks up where Empire of Gold leaves off, it also brings a number of other plot-lines to an energy-packed and thrilling conclusion. A fast-paced adventure ride from beginning to end for any and all adventure junkies.
Julia
Fantastic!!! Cant wait for the next one!
Jeninne
After being somewhat disappointed in the last book, with it feeling a little rehashed and predictable, I was cautiously optimistic for the next in the series. And thankfully, instead of being more of the same, this book felt surprisingly new and exciting. And that may be a little odd to say, because in retrospect, this book really goes back to what made the first couple of books in the series so special. Gone is the endless and repetitious relationship issues, and the almost too long narratives ...more
Gail Russell-laing
Best ever action adventure books I have read
Robert
Good entertainment.
Theresa
And it all starts to come together. The plots and schemes from the previous books may have seemed isolated, but in this book they start to intertwine and become one. As to this story, oppression is oppression no matter how you nicely you package it. And killing even a small % of the world population to ‘change and improve’ the rest is unacceptable.

This is another exciting storyline, but there’s not as many explosions and we’re starting to see a lot of the same bad guy characters over and over.
Eric
Talk about cliff hangers!!!! This book is practically non-stop cliff hangers where Nina and Eddie Chase manage to escape from one impossible situation to another. Somewhere in the book one of the characters describes their story as "a combination of Indiana Jones and James Bond." I can't think more of an apt description of the story. Bad guys become good guys, some good guys become bad guys, the twist and turns are a constant. I liked the book because the reader gets involved with the characters ...more
Tyson Adams
Ridiculously fast paced action, check. Plot that squirms and worms its way along as fast as the action, check. Nina and Eddie blowing up everything they come across, check. Must be another adventure by Andy McDermott.

In my book Andy McDermott and Matthew Reilly are the kings of fast paced action novels. There is no stone left unthrown, no ancient monument left intact, no bad guys die peacefully: brilliant! Of course this style of novel is not for everyone, especially if you currently have a pace
Will
I absolutely loved this book! The story is fantastic, the characters are well-developed, and the action is non-stop! I received this book for free because I had signed up for one of the First Reads giveaways and won. Honestly, it was the first book I have ever won, so I was very excited to read it. When I found out that I had won the book, I actually worried a little because I discovered that I would be receiving a book that is number eight in a series. My concern was that I would find the story ...more
Darren Hartwell
Back in June 2011 I reviewed Andy McDermott's Empire of Gold, the seventh book in his explosive series featuring main characters Nina Wilde and Eddie Chase. I am a huge fan of what a friend and I have christened 'quest books', and this is one of my favourite series from this genre. Incredibly, the first book in this series, The Hunt for Atlantis, was only released back in 2008, so by my reckoning that is averaging at two books a year. From a lesser author, we might expect inconsistent quality, r ...more
Tabs
Before I start, I did not know this was a book 8, but you could tell and the story moves on just fine. On the other hand, maybe it means this is eight books in one story, it sure felt like it.

Story has enough to keep you reading then you realize it is just too much stuff. Five James Bond movies in one book (still reading make that eight. I think we might be going back to Africa. Just finished reading add three Indiana Joes movies, the Atlantis cartoon from Disney and Lara Croft), but you are don
Tabs
Story has enough to keep you reading then you realize it is just too much stuff. Five James Bond movies in one book (still reading make that eight. I think we might be going back to Africa), but you are done after the first one. By the first chapter, you don't care about any of the characters.

The improbability of this book is not even science fiction worthy. There is no disbelief to suspend.

Nina is the STUPIDEST heroine/human being on the planet. This is my thought after she is almost killed a
Marti
What a book! I just caught sight of a blurb which says that this is the 8th in a series starring Dr. Nina Wilde and her husband, Eddie Chase. Where have I been? All kinds of action takes place in this book, including an underwater adventure in Atlantis itself, as well as being in a Japanese sky scraper when it starts to disintegrate, on a mountain in Switzerland, and the desert in Africa. Read it if you dare!
Greer Andjanetta
An interesting adventure/mystery story, bordering on the supernatural presented as fact and an imaginative story-line based on energy lines within the earth. The story is marred by absolutely juvenile dialogue throughout the book (constant one-liners that the author presumably thinks of as highly funny but which continually fall flat) and an excess of profane language throughout, mostly from the husband and wife team who are the main characters in the story. One has to wonder if the author and h ...more
Michael Watson
The version that I read was originally titled Return to Atlantis. I had previously read Hunt for Atlantis and had enjoyed it very much, so I wanted to read the sequel. I enjoyed the interaction of the two main married characters, Nina Wilde and Eddie Chase, in this book as much as I did in the 1st. The action is continuous with twists and turns throughout. I recommend this book to anyone who likes action/adventure.
Chris
I thoroughly enjoyed the book. I've read the rest of Mr. McDermott's book in paperback, this is the first one I've read in e-book format. As usual Nina Wilde and Eddie Chase got themselves into some real fixes as usual. If you enjoy a real thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat and not want to put it down this is the book for you.
Nigel
This book is the continuation from Empire of Gold and also the finale of the Atlantis saga. It sees Eddie and Nina finally put paid to the Groups plans and also settles a number of personal scores. These two seem to have a homing device for danger and bad guys but that said i really enjoy the stories and also the characters you just can't beat Eddie's humour and resilience and Nina's passion and belief. Bring on the next book.
Nicole
Couldn't

put it down!!! A serious page turner. if you like action adventure and super corny jokes you'll love this book right up there with Clive Cussler.
Commentary
Too over the top in chases, plot twists and convenient coincidences. McDermott's thrillers can be fun but this one was just silly. Had a hard time staying with it.
Megan Zerbe
Great read

I have enjoyed reading all of Nina and Eddie's adventures, and this one did not disappoint. I definitely highly recommend!!!
Ray
ANOTHER WINNER

Eddie and Nina survive again, somehow. And Sophia makes a return with some new friends or should I say enemies.
Goodreads Librari...: ISBN 9780553593662 2 19 Oct 18, 2012 03:00PM
Goodreads Feedback: This topic has been closed to new comments. No page count on this book 2 22 Oct 18, 2012 02:11PM
  • The Gods Of Atlantis (Jack Howard, #6)
  • The Roswell Conspiracy (Tyler Locke, #3)
  • Ripper (Event Group Thriller #7)
  • The Hunters
  • The Eden Legacy (Daniel Knox, #4)
  • Scarecrow Returns (Shane Schofield, #5)
  • Threshold (Chess Team Adventure, #3)
  • The Temple Mount Code (Thomas Lourds, #3)
  • Black Sun (Hawker & Laidlaw, #2)
  • The Sacred Sword (Ben Hope, #7)
  • The Atlantis Revelation (Conrad Yeats Adventure, #3)
Andy McDermott was born in Halifax, West Yorkshire, and now lives in Bournemouth. As a journalist and magazine editor, amongst other titles he edited DVD Review and the iconoclastic film publication Hotdog. Andy is now a full-time writer.
More about Andy McDermott...

Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase (10 books)
  • The Hunt for Atlantis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #1)
  • The Tomb of Hercules (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #2)
  • The Secret Of Excalibur (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #3)
  • The Covenant Of Genesis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #4)
  • The Cult Of Osiris (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #5)
  • The Sacred Vault (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #6)
  • Empire Of Gold (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #7)
  • The Valhalla Prophecy (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase #9)
  • Kingdom of Darkness (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #10)
The Hunt for Atlantis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #1) The Tomb of Hercules (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #2) The Covenant Of Genesis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #4) The Secret Of Excalibur (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #3) The Sacred Vault (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #6)

“This is not my fault! Any ideas?”

“You don't have a white flag, do you?”
11 likes