Start by marking “Mater and the Little Tractors (Disney/Pixar Cars)” as Want to Read:
Mater and the Little Tractors (Disney/Pixar Cars)

Mater and the Little Tractors (Disney/Pixar Cars)

3.50  ·  Rating Details  ·  40 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Oh, no—little tractors are wreaking havoc in Radiator Springs! Can Mater stop them before they cause too much damage? Boys ages 4-6 will love reading about all their favorite characters from Disney/PixarCarsandCars 2on another fun-filled adventure in this Step 2 Step reader. ...more
Published August 7th 2012 by RH/Disney

To ask other readers questions about Mater and the Little Tractors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mater and the Little Tractors

Melissa
I just watched the first Cars movie this weekend, and the concept of extreme artificial intelligence, to the extent where machines actually mimic animals, fascinated me. The "tractors" actually imitate cows. They basically are cows. In the movie, flies are "lightning bugs", teeny tiny little cars with wings that also glow.

I took a closer look at the illustrations in this book, and somehow the tractors actually resemble cows. Their bumpers kind of look like snouts, and their eyes are wide and cl
Meg McGregor
Apr 17, 2014 Meg McGregor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-lexi
Add to Mater's resume, the jobs of musician and tractor-sitter!

Little tractors are out in town causing mischief! Don't they have school to attend?

Anyway, Mater decides to round up the little tractors and have them listen to the new juke box he has just fixed.

Leave it to kind-hearted Mater to want to always help out!
Vivian
Apr 14, 2014 Vivian rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
This is too long to share in a pre-school library story time BUT we held up the book as we coached the group with singing (to the tune B-I-N-G-O)

There was a Tractor Tipping Truck and Mater was its name-oh! M - A - T - E - R, M - A - T - E - R, M - A - T - E - R, and Mater was its name-oh!
Wooden Horse
Step 2 Reading with Help

Having never seen a Disney Pixar Cars movie I am becomming a fan of them though the books I read about them. This story casts Mater as the babysitter of all of the little tractors. Very silly indeed!
Rosa Cline
Dec 21, 2015 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
This is a level 2 reader, a little on the easier side than the harder side so your merging reader may be able to read this on their own soon. Especially with repetitive words in addition to simpler words. The story is Mater makes a music box he wants to share with his friends but they are all occupied with little tractors that have gotten loose and messing the town up. But he comes to the rescue and not only shares his music but saves the day.
Thomas
Jan 14, 2016 Thomas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I loved this book so much I wanted to read it twice!
Jasmine
Nov 07, 2015 Jasmine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read for my pre-K kid. He loves Mater.
C
C marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Cooper
Cooper added it
Jan 10, 2016
Basso Kids
Basso Kids rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2015
Vh
Vh marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Tami
Tami rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2015
Tonya B Nagy
Tonya B Nagy rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2014
Leo
Leo added it
Nov 23, 2014
Heather Curlee
Heather Curlee rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2014
Norma DiPietro
Norma DiPietro rated it it was ok
Aug 13, 2014