Start by marking “National Geographic Readers: Planets” as Want to Read:
National Geographic Readers: Planets

National Geographic Readers: Planets (National Geographic Readers)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  9 reviews
This brilliantly illustrated book taps into children's natural curiosity about the vast world of space. This level two reader, written in simple language that is easy for young readers to understand, introduces children to our solar system, including all of the planets and dwarf planets, and lots of fascinating fun facts. This reader helps cultivate the explorers of tomorr ...more
Published July 10th 2012 by National Geographic Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about National Geographic Readers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about National Geographic Readers

Amy
I think that this book is really only going to be something special to kids who know very little about the solar system. My kindergarten aged nephew knew a bit; he told me that Earth was the third planet from the sun, he knew the planets furthest from the sun are the coldest, and he knew that Wall-e is a rover, similar to the Mars rovers pictured in this book. The problem was, the book was a little too long to hold his interest the whole time. We read this in Kindle format, so maybe if we would ...more
Golden Secondary School
Carney, E. (2012). National geographic readers: Planets. Washington: National Geographic Society. Available from http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ng.... eISBN: 9781426312816.

This Level 2 Nonfiction Reader provides great information about the planets. It is designed well with clear page numbers; the text and images are detailed, bright and well placed and the page turning is indicated with a small flashing spot.

There are handy little clue boxes with more detailed information and vocabulary wo
Christie Lee
I learned something that I didn't know about the planets in our solar system. There are colorful pictures and interesting facts, as well as jokes, and a stump your parents quiz in the back. There is also a glossary with pronunciation keys given in the back. I'm loving these National Geographic Kids readers!
Sheri
Font is large for early readers and pictures are prominent and captivating. Contains the the same layout and format found in all national geographic kids publications, which typically I don't love, but it is better then nothing.
david w. rong
Interesting book!

This book is an great book about Planets! I loved this book when I was a little kid! Now my little sister likes it!
Lauren Fidler
my kids (ages 4 and 2) LOVE this book. like LOOOOVVVEEEEEE it.

we read it, maybe 2-3 times a week. and they're obsessed with planets, solar systems, asteroids, stars, comets, etc.

provides good general overviews (although some info differs from other books we have read) and beautiful pictures.
Carol
National Geographic Kids Readers are fabulous for introducing kids to a variety of non-fiction subjects!
Kiddo
Good information, manageable size, silly jokes.
PWRL
Apr 15, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Karrie
Karrie added it
Feb 22, 2015
Diana Gutierrez
Diana Gutierrez marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Kaden
Kaden marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Jen
Jen added it
Jan 27, 2015
Emily Klemmedson
Emily Klemmedson marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Alexandra
Alexandra marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Nicki
Nicki marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Sancha
Sancha marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Sonya
Sonya marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Elizabeth Carney is a writer and editor based in Brooklyn, New York. She specializes in children's nonfiction and science, math, and STEM-related subjects.

Elizabeth received the 2005 AAAS Science Journalism Award for science reporting for children. Her titles Face to Face With Cheetahs, Face to Face With Gorillas, and Great Migrations: Whales, Wildebeests, Butterflies, Elephants, and Other Amazing
More about Elizabeth Carney...

National Geographic Readers (1 - 10 of 46 books)
  • National Geographic Readers: Ants
  • National Geographic Readers: Bats
  • Caterpillar to Butterfly (National Geographic Readers)
  • National Geographic Readers: Cats vs. Dogs
  • Cheetahs (National Geographic Readers)
  • National Geographic Readers: Deadliest Animals
  • National Geographic Readers: Deadly Predators
  • National Geographic Readers: Dinosaurs
  • Dolphins (National Geographic Readers Series)
  • Frogs!
National Geographic Kids Chapters: Dog Finds Lost Dolphins: And More True Stories of Amazing Animal Heroes National Geographic Readers: Cats vs. Dogs Frogs! National Geographic Readers: Bats Mummies (National Geographic Readers Series)