Start by marking “The Pocket Thich Nhat Hanh” as Want to Read:
The Pocket Thich Nhat Hanh

The Pocket Thich Nhat Hanh

4.60  ·  Rating Details  ·  255 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
This is a collection of powerful and inspiring teachings in an appealing, convenient pocket-size book from one of today's most important and beloved spiritual teachers, the Zen Buddhist monk Thich Nhat Hanh. Next to His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Thich Nhat Hanh is the best-known Buddhist teacher in the world, and his teachings have touched millions.

Thich Nhat Hanh is known
Published September 11th 2012 by Shambhala

To ask other readers questions about The Pocket Thich Nhat Hanh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pocket Thich Nhat Hanh

Kenzie
Martin Luther King Jr. nominated him for a Nobel Peace Prize. And I can see (read) why.
Learning Buddhist principles on living how to live a meditative, peaceful, joyful life. Dealing with anger and anxiety. Practical exercises make this book another must have.
Jacqueline Bodnar
Feb 15, 2014 Jacqueline Bodnar rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved this book! I love how it is so concise, yet contains so much insight and direction. This book takes the some of the best messages that he has shared and puts them into one easy to read book. This should be required reading for every person on the planet. The information is just that good and can be used for spreading peace, compassion, and in creating a better world. Two thumbs way up! I also found many wonderful quotes in this book.
Serena Long ﺕ
May 29, 2016 Serena Long ﺕ rated it it was amazing
This is the second book that I read in Plum Village, France. What a joy to read. I love this book so much, another beautiful book by the Zen Buddhist monk, Thich Nhat Hanh. Next to His Holliness the Dalai Lama, Thich Nhat Hanh is the best-known Buddhist teacher in the world and his teachings have touched millions, all around the world. Thank you so much Thay.
James Ly
Jul 11, 2016 James Ly rated it did not like it
- THICH NHAT HANH - A KP AGENT IN MONK’S ROBES - THE TRAILS OF BLOOD OF THE "UNIFIED BUDDHIST CHURCH OF VIETNAM" OR HOW THE VIETNAMESE COMMUNIST PARTY EXPLOITS THE POWER OF BUDDHISM AS AN INSTRUMENT OF POWER. (Part 1)
Joseph
Aug 15, 2014 Joseph rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

Awesome

This is one of my favorites! It covers a wide range of topics compressed into a shorter version. I highly recommend the read!
William Wood
Mar 22, 2015 William Wood rated it it was amazing
this is one of the most profound little books I have ever read. It deeply impacted the way I interact with the world.
Tory
Jun 20, 2016 Tory rated it it was amazing
I think this would be a valuable read for most everyone I know. Even if you're not Buddhist, this book can serve as a little toolbox for your mind when going through the bumps of everyday life.
Angela Ferreira
Oct 23, 2014 Angela Ferreira rated it it was amazing
Perfect purse reference for when. I need a reminder to be present.
Kriscinda Everitt
Sep 24, 2014 Kriscinda Everitt rated it it was amazing
Very nice primer.
Michael Kaplan
Mar 01, 2014 Michael Kaplan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Any book by this renowned Buddhist monk from dealing with difficult emotions to the path of happiness provides clear, easy to understand and simple to adopt methods.
You find yourself asking, 'how does he simplify such complex issues'
What a joy to read. He even has a group on Facebook that adds to the discussion.
Only 2 things ruin our lives: acting without thinking and thinking but not acting.
Shea
Dec 09, 2012 Shea rated it it was amazing
'Delightful' is probably the word for this little gem. Can't think of anyone with a soul who couldn't crack at least one smile from this book.
Evan Sutter
Sep 28, 2013 Evan Sutter rated it it was amazing
Everything you need in the palm of your hands - clean & concise practices
Dharma Mamas
Dharma Mamas rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2016
Brent
Brent marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Alfredo Motta
Alfredo Motta marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Kin
Kin marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Natalia
Natalia marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Eric Hinkle
Eric Hinkle marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Scotterc
Scotterc is currently reading it
Jul 16, 2016
antonia vitale
antonia vitale marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Jacki M
Jacki M rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Darlene
Darlene rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2016
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
Mariola Czechowska
Mariola Czechowska marked it as to-read
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Jeane
Jeane is currently reading it
Marissa
Marissa marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
  • The Power of an Open Question: A Buddhist Approach to Abiding in Uncertainty
  • A Flash of Lightning in the Dark of Night: A Guide to the Bodhisattva's Way of Life
  • The Best Buddhist Writing 2013
  • The Magic Of Awareness
  • The Pocket Pema Chodron
  • Your Body's Telling You: Love Yourself!: The Most Complete Book on Metaphysical Causes of Illnesses & Diseases
  • If the Buddha Got Stuck: A Handbook for Change on a Spiritual Path
  • The Dhammapada: A New Translation of the Buddhist Classic with Annotations
  • Training in Compassion: Zen Teachings on the Practice of Lojong
  • Living the Liberated Life and Dealing with the Pain-Body
  • Answers to Distraction
  • With Charity Toward None: A Fond Look At Misanthropy
  • Don't Be a Jerk: And Other Practical Advice from Dogen, Japan's Greatest Zen Master
  • Awkward Moments (Not Found in Your Average) Children's Bible - Volume #1: Illustrating the Bible Like You've Never Seen Before!
  • How to Meditate: A Practical Guide
  • The Art of War and Other Classics of Eastern Thought
  • Zen Training: Methods And Philosophy
  • New Complete Guide to Sewing
More about Thich Nhat Hanh...

“Life is too precious for us to lose ourselves in our ideas and concepts, in our anger and our despair. We must wake up to the marvelous reality of life. We must begin to live fully and truly, every moment of our daily lives.” 1 likes
“Our presence here means the presence of all our ancestors. They are still alive in us. Every time we smile, all the generations of our ancestors, our children, and the generations to come—all of whom are within us—smile too. We practice not just for ourselves, but for everyone, and the stream of life continues.” 1 likes