Start by marking “Flying to Neverland With Peter Pan” as Want to Read:
Flying to Neverland With Peter Pan

Flying to Neverland With Peter Pan

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  50 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
ONever Land" and "I'm Flying" make for a soaring duet of lyrics and pictures in this lavishly illustrated picture book. For the first time ever, these lyrics by the acclaimed songwriting team of Comden and Green make a seamless transition to the pages of a children's book. Full color.
Published October 23rd 2012 by Blue Apple Books (first published September 11th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Flying to Neverland With Peter Pan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flying to Neverland With Peter Pan

Magdalena
Oct 16, 2015 Magdalena rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, read-2015
Yes, I'm actually reviewing a children's book and yes I feel like I'm a bit too old to do that. But heck, there are people out there writing children's books and they are grown-ups so whatever.

I found this little book at Edelweiss, it was free to download and I was just browsing and thought it could be nice to read a book about Peter Pan.

The book is really cozy, the text in the book is based on two songs from the musical Peter Pan; "I'm flying" by Carolyn Leigh and Adolph Green and "Neverland"
Alyssa Schneyman
Jul 10, 2016 Alyssa Schneyman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s, egalley
I was absolutely thrilled to see a book, a children's picture book, of Peter Pan, using the lyrics from the musical adaptations of the play.

Betty Comden & Adolph Green's "Neverland" and Carolyn Leigh and Mark Charlap's "I'm Flying" form the essential story for Amy June Bates' delightful artwork.

This book picks one very small portion of the story to highlight and to hopefully capture the attention of children who might one day become theater-goers.

I can easily see myself reading this to som
Daniel
Mar 09, 2015 Daniel rated it really liked it
This review originally published in Looking For a Good Book. Rated 4.0 of 5

Anyone looking for the complete Peter Pan story, in abbreviated, children's book format will be disappointed. This book picks
Justin
Oct 21, 2015 Justin rated it really liked it
I received this book, for free, in exchange for an honest review.

A delightful but short rendition of the tale of Peter Pan.
The story is beautifully illustrated and contains fun rhymes. My only complaints are that the story is rather short and didn't render well on my small tablet.

This story has a paragraph or two per page so is probably too advanced for children less than 4.
Pam
Feb 08, 2014 Pam rated it liked it
Nice book. I love the premise of a lyrical story, however, I thought there might be an accompanying audio CD with someone singing. The story is a little too long to read aloud to a group younger than age 5 maybe. The full page insert is a nice surprise.
Karen
Apr 28, 2015 Karen rated it liked it
The illustrations are lovely, so I wanted to really like this book. It's just that the story text didn't seem to work smoothly with the song text.
Jennifer Cepero
Apr 03, 2015 Jennifer Cepero rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own, emma-s-books
Bought this for my 3 yr old daughter who loves Peter Pan. This is a gorgeous picture book and perfect for bedtime stories at her age. Love it.
Andréa
The illustrations are absolutely gorgeous!

Note: I accessed a digital review copy of this book through Edelweiss.
Ashley
Jun 04, 2014 Ashley rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-flora
I don't know the tune to the songs in the book but it was really fun to make it up and sing the lyrics
Melissa Mcavoy
This received a high rating as it strikes me as very useful for a particular group of children. While this abbreviated telling can't compete with the full story by Barrie it does allow a younger audience access to a satisfying preview of the story. Most of the text is taken from two songs from the musical production: "I'm Flying" and " Never Never Land." Pleasant pencil and watercolor illustrations jibe with the Disney version, though don't slavishly copy it. This would be a good introduction be ...more
Evelyn Matias
Nov 24, 2012 Evelyn Matias rated it it was amazing
Shelves: friendship, classic
Such a beautiful story. Peter Pan was one of my personal favorites growing up. It's filled with such love for others and a friendship that lasts a lifetime. The pictures are great and it's an easy enough read for many grades. This book is also filled with adventure and creativity that after reading could inspire anyone to write a great adventure of there own. I will definatley have this on my shelf and if I can make a lesson out of it I will :)
Stephanie
Dec 10, 2012 Stephanie rated it liked it
I love the illustrations. They're beautiful. However, I think that since I do not know the songs Neverland and Flying (found this out from a coworker) the book is a bit lost on me. Up to the introduction of the songs in italics I enjoyed the book since Peter Pan is one of my favorite stories. I think people familiar with the musical will really enjoy the book-- but those who are totally unfamiliar will be a bit disappointed.
Marylou
I love Peter Pan and really enjoyed this picture book!
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.
Brindi
This is by far my favorite version of Peter Pan, a great way to first introduce this timeless tale to a child/ The illustrations are big, light and beautiful....and it includes the web site where you can hear the original music from the Broadway play.
Shelli
Nov 28, 2012 Shelli rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Lovely illustrations and sing song text, makes this a fun introduction for young children to the classic tale of Peter Pan. I wish it had come with a musical cd to follow along with though... my singing leaves much to be desired. :)
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
Nov 16, 2012 Kathy (Kindle-aholic) rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Rounding up to 4 stars. Illustrations very pretty. The kids liked it, but don't know how many times they'll want to re-read it.
Aiden
Aiden rated it it was ok
Jul 16, 2016
Michaela
Michaela marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
Tamara Jordan
Tamara Jordan marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Rosie
Rosie rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Lara
Lara added it
Jan 25, 2016
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
Becca
Becca marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2015
Leslie Lee
Leslie Lee marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2015
Marina Andreou
Marina Andreou marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015