Start by marking “Where Is My Baby?” as Want to Read:
Where Is My Baby?

Where Is My Baby?

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Seven anxious mother animals ask the title question, "Where is my baby?" The babies are revealed beneath each flap, as are their particular baby animal names (piglet, kid, chick, lamb, etc.), and each makes its signature sound (an oink, moo, meow, quack, chirp, baa, etc.). When turned, the flap changes the mother's expression from worried to delighted. Somehow, Mr. Taback ...more
Board Book, 118 pages
Published July 10th 2012 by Blue Apple Books (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Where Is My Baby?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Is My Baby?

Stacie Wyatt
I read Where is my baby, in exchange for review from Edelweiss. The book was a quick read. The book had excellent colors, design, and graphics. Great read for the children

The book has each mama (or daddy) animal, looking for their baby. The book also teaches about the names of baby animals (chick, piglet, kid, etc). The kids loved the book.
Jen
With fantastic illustrations by Simms Taback ("Who Said Moo?" is another collaboration), this book is a definite winner. The animals are bright, easy to recognize and full of personality. The flip action is rewarding and reveals little baby animals with their proper names (kid, calf, etc.) Highly recommended for ages 0+
Katrina
May 05, 2009 Katrina rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Baby Storytime
Shelves: storytime
This book makes wonderful use of flaps. The momma animal says, "Where is my baby?" with a sad look on her face on the left side of the page. A partial flap on the right side covers the baby animal, but not the rest of the picture, making the flap easy to grab and turn. The words under the flap says, "Here is my _____." [it fills in the blank with the appropriate name of the baby animal:] The lively colored art keeps both child and parents' attention.
Elizabeth K.
Oct 03, 2012 Elizabeth K. rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Elizabeth by: NYPL
Shelves: 2012-lucy
We enjoy this a lot. Lu (19 months) is especially taken by the 1/2 page format, it's different enough that she's captivated by it. I thought the illustration style was a little kooky, but Lu seems just fine with it. Plot-wise, it covers the essential adult/baby animal words. I guess that's the plot. It's hard to review board books.
Sylvester
0* art
3* story

To be clear - Squirt doesn't care that the animals are hideous beyond recognition. This is a fun book, and he's learning that baby animals have different names than their parents, which is good (and confusing, too). My reaction is moot.
Heather
A simple book about animal mothers and their babies. A nice perk of the book I got from the library was that one of the pages was torn out, and replaced with someone's beautiful drawing to replace it. How fun! Good for a look at the library.
J-ma
J-ma added it
Dec 12, 2014
Sydney
Sydney added it
Oct 28, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Lisa
Lisa added it
Sep 03, 2014
Alpha
Alpha marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Kathy
Kathy added it
Aug 04, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Josh
Josh added it
Jul 07, 2014
Samuel
Samuel marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2013
Claire
Claire added it
Sep 07, 2013
Harriet Ziefert grew up in North Bergen, New Jersey, where she attended the local schools. She graduated from Smith College, then received a Masters degree in Education from New York University.

For many years, Ziefert was an elementary school teacher. She taught most grades from kindergarten to fifth grade. "I liked it," she said, but she stopped teaching when she had her own sons. When her childr
More about Harriet Ziefert...
A New Coat for Anna Sleepy Dog My Dog Thinks I'm A Genius Snow Party Lucy Rescued