Sweet Surrender (Sweet, #1)

Sweet Surrender (Sweet #1)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  16,360 ratings  ·  753 reviews
Under Faith Malone's deceptively soft exterior lies a woman who knows exactly what she wants: a strong man who'll take without asking—because she's willing to give him everything...

Dallas cop Gray Montgomery is on a mission: find the guy who killed his partner and bring him to justice. So far, he's found a link between the killer and Faith—and if Gray has to get close to h...more
Trade Paperback, 344 pages
Published March 4th 2008 by Berkley Heat

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Surrender

Ridley
I am glad I won this book in a contest. Had I paid a trade paperback price for this, I would have been out of my mind with disappointment.

Gray Montgomery is a Dallas cop working undercover, and off the record, to avenge his partner's death on the job. Faith Malone is the office manager at Gray's new job at a Houston security firm, and her mother is the suspected killer's accomplice. Gray takes this job to get close to Faith to see if she's in cahoots with her mother.

While tapping her phones and...more
Shawna
4 ½ stars – Romantic Suspense/Erotica/BDSM/Ménage

This is a rather deep look into the makings of a Dominant/submissive relationship that encompasses both sexual and emotional fulfillment with a satisfying romantic suspense plot thrown in for extra measure. The H/H, dominant cop Gray and sweet, natural submissive Faith, are very likable characters, as are all the secondary characters. There are several hotties (sex club owner Damon and fellow security agents Connor, Nathan, and Micah) that I hope...more
Auntee
Mar 17, 2008 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Erotic romance/suspense fans
This one is for anyone who likes a little romantic suspense with their erotica. I loved it--it had the perfect balance!

The hero, Gray, is a Dallas cop whose partner has been killed in the line of duty. The police are getting nowhere trying to find the perpetrator. Gray gets a lead that the perp may some way be connected to a woman in Houston. Gray takes a leave of absence and finagles a job with the family P.I. company where the woman works. He's stunned by her beauty and innocence when he meets...more
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
3 1/2 Stars – Erotic romance with a splash of suspense and a ménage scene that I did not enjoy. For what it's worth, I'm not a fan of ménages in my romance books and they can affect my ratings.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
3.5 STARS!!!

Sweet Surrender was a little slow for me. I thought that there was a lot of emphasis placed on things that really weren’t necessary. I don’t need to read about Faith’s day-to-day work duties. In contrast, the things that I was looking forward to didn’t meet my expectations. I was a little bit disappointed with the pacing. I hate to admit it, but I was skimming a lot of the pages.

Part of the reason was because even though I liked Faith in the beginning, she kind of lost her appeal h...more
Daisiemae
Apr 24, 2008 Daisiemae rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Romantica Lovers
Recommended to Daisiemae by: Blackbook
I loved this book so much! I hated to see it end. I loved everything about this book. The characters were likable and I found myself really caring about the outcome of the storyline.

Police detective Gray Montgomery is recovering from the murder of his partner and his own injuries. Just when he is about to return from medical leave, his partner's father Mick-who is a retired police officer-approachs him with information about the killer. Finding out that the killer is shacked up with a two-timed...more
Aму
Review originally posted at:
[ http://prufreads.blogspot.com/2012/12... ]

As the sexual tension between Gray and Faith grew stronger, my sexual tension was about to blow a gasket! I don't think I've had an itch to scratch that bad since reading Kristen Ashley's - The Gamble. So I held my expectations pretty high in hopes that my patience would be awarded - Nope. The BDSM theme in this novel was actually pretty tame. (A word I never thought to associate with BDSM!) But it was. The first half of th...more
Stephanie Marsh
I'll sum this story up quickly:

Her: I want a man to dominate me!
Him: You don't know what you want. You're just playing games.
Her: OMG, you're right! I am! What's wrong with me?!
Him: Wait. What?
Girl runs away.

Later...

Him: I want to dominate you!
Her: You don't know what you want! You're just playing games.
Him: OMG, you're right. I am! And I'm lying to you, too!

100 pages of nothing but sex later...

Her: You lied to me!
Him: I'm so sorry! I love you!
Her: I understand. But I'm still so confused!
Him: L...more
Melanie
2.5 stars.

This book was ok for me, but not up to the caliber of, say, Cherise Sinclair's novels involving a BDSM theme. While some of the scenes were definitely hot, I didn't feel there was a great connection between Gray and Faith. I kinda felt that Gray was a bit too selfish (more of a dictator than a dom), especially in his refusal to dole out a safe word. Faith, IMO, was a weak heroine - yes, I guess she was "assertive" enough to know and insist she wanted a submissive lifestyle, but she did...more
Ruth
3.5 stars. A little weak on story at times, because it sometimes moves fast. Also, the good sex takes awhile to get to. BUT when it happens, it's SMOKIN HOT!!!
I will read the others in this series eventually.
☂ ℬrandi
❤❤ ½ (Not a terrible story. Just got terribly old, quickly)

I try not to let other reviewers' evaluations weigh too heavily on my own but I'm always so surprised when I read something that I consider less than great then see that my GRs friends/people I follow have rated it highly and/or raved about it. It just so happens that this is one of those times and as I'm reading the reviews that say things like 'great development'; 'couldn't put it down'; 'a new take on the Dom/sub relationship' or 'the...more
Tilly Slaton
This review contains some content that may not be appropriate for all eyes. I have chosen a paragraph from the book that is tasteful (IMHO) and gives you a look into how the author portrays delicious moments between the lovers in Sweet Surrender.

It has been a very long time since I’ve read an erotica book. I was a little shocked haha .. I guess I feel old. Regardless, this book was super cool and I really like the story and the characters.

The author did a fantastic job bringing the characters to...more
Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria
Steph
This book was exactly what I was looking for right now, light, fun and sexy with a great HEA at the end.

I just want get my one negative out of the way quickly. I was a little disappointed with the storyline. I had expected more of the Cop aspect, a more detailed case maybe?
But we were told who the bad guy is and what he wanted, right at the beginning. Then it went quiet in the middle and was all neatly wrapped up within a few pages at the end. So if you're looking for a really full on, complic...more
Tracy74
Danielle
WHAT AN AMAZING BOOK! I LOVEEDDD IT! Gray definitly knows what a woman wants and how to make her heart swell. I could only imagine that i find Mr. Prince Charming. The book was filled with passion, suspence and steamy romance. It was a fight for love and Gray, like all good romance books, lost as did Faith. Maya Banks is an amazing author and has always kept me enthralled and turning the page. She is one of the few authors that can make me finish a book in less then 24 hours. GREAT READ! Recomme...more
~J~ Riverina Romantics
I really enjoyed the first 50% or so of this book. There was a slow, sweet seduction that kept me eagerly awaiting the next interlude between the feisty yet shy Faith and the tough and determined Gray.

I loved their connection. Loved how Faith set out to get her jiggy on with Gray and ADORED how Gray wanted her just as badly unfortunately the second half of the book didn't match up with the first for me.

The story was going along great, the romance was set to a slow simmer and I was thoroughly e...more
Melanie
This book started out a little slow for me. Right now all of my other series have me waiting for their books, so I figured I would pick this one up. A few chapters in I really regretted that decision. Yet, to make a long story short; it grew on me.

Faith was too naive for me. Not the good, sweet, innocent naive they tried to portray her as in the book, but the ignorant kind that made you want to slap her. Luckily, there was Gray. Some of his actions were a little too unrealistic for me, but he w...more
Maryan Mohamud
I wish goodreads had something other then didn't like cause this falls more under disgusted, horrified and scarred for life! NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Couldn't even get past 30th page! Never has that ever happened to me! I wouldn't have this book at all on my account listed as read, or to read or anything, if it weren't for the fact that i'm afraid this review might delete along with it. Now you understand how much i hated this book, jokes aside. SEROUSLY.

If you like REALLY kinky book...more
Amy
Apr 08, 2010 Amy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2read2
Well, first thing to say is Gray is yummy, yummy good and I loved the first book in Maya Banks "Sweet" series so much so I'm ready to go get the rest! Loved that the book was mixed with both a good storyline, romantic suspense and erotica all in a nice pretty package! While it was not over the top kink, it had some nice BDSM moments along with a menage moment, both conveying the trust that the partners had in one another, both emotionally and physically. More than anything it conveyed that a sub...more
Richard
Okay first the story... Boring! Seriously it sucked. If there wasn't sex in the scene it wasn't very detailed!

And the most important thing... The male main Character is or says he is Possessive. But then he wants to watch the female main character with another man... is it just me or does that just not go together. I can see having the fantasy and I can see being possessive but I can not see both happening at the same time. I say this because I am Possessive. And the idea of man pleasuring himse...more
mer
2 stars

I guess this book wasn't for me. My thought exactly before I started reading it but curiosity was onto me I couldn't help but read.

I disliked
1) BDSM. It seems that I've yet recovered from previous read with same theme.
2) The menage wasn't as hot as I was expecting.

I liked
1) The suspense.
2) The men. They're hotties!
3) Writing style.

I loved Maya Bank's Highlanders and Breathless Trilogy. This series, it happened that I don't. I think I'll pass the rest in Sweet series.

Read on your own peri...more
Marielis
[3.50]
La historia fue algo predecible y me hizo falta ese “algo” que la volviera adictiva. Me gusto mucho el personaje de Faith; es una mujer que sabe lo que quiere y eso lo aplaudo.
Por último, Gray → HOT
Decidida a seguir con la serie Sweet. Maya Banks ha hecho un buen trabajo.
¿Quiénes cazaran a Micah, Nathan y Damon?
Maria
I really enjoyed the first book in this series by Maya Banks. It’s hot, romantic and with very good plot. A very nice read if you want to get lost in a sweet story! There is adventure but not too much and there is kink but also not too much, so I believe that this story can satisfy the fans of this genre.

Faith is a woman who doesn’t know how to ask for what she needs. Gray is a man who can’t find what he needs. Then they meet and their chemistry is great, but Gray has a hidden agenda and he has...more
Susi
Faith is a natural submissive- she wants a man to take the lead and the control. She wants to be cared about and needs to feel treasured. Short said: She wants a REAL man and doesn’t know how to get one of those. She’s intrigued by Gray but is afraid to just get another “wannabe” man. So she makes her own plans about getting what she wants. And where did she go to: the local sex club and his sexy owner Damon.

Gray is on an important mission- he wants to get the murder of his partner but what he f...more
Jenn Scranton
Awesome!! Unexpected suspense! The first couple of chapters were a smidge confusing because it jumped right into the story and there are a lot of characters to get straight...

No one knew he was in Houston to investigate his partner's murder... And he fell for the woman he is supposed to be watching intently for connections to his partner's death. He starts trusting her and can't believe that she had anything to do with it... or did she? His good friend thinks our hero is in too deep and takes th...more
Colleen~A Moth drawn to Your Flame~
This was a great book and I loved it. It wasn't what I was expecting at first, not that it is a bad thing to not always get what you are expecting. Faith, God I'd love to have as much strength and determination that she has and my Lord where is my Grey? And this time I'm not referring to Christian. I'm a sucker for an Alpha, always have ALWAYS will.

I was thinking that if things didn't go well with her and Grey and Damon would be an great deal of fun but it was not meant to be for them.

Off to boo...more
Brittany B.
Audiobook: 3.5 stars.

This wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I know it's older, so maybe that's the problem, but I wasn't wild about any of the characters. I liked Mica and Damon who are background characters, but the rest were subpar. Hero was not sexy, and heroine was not someone I could relate to. The stepdad and brother were way too overprotective. Suspense plot very underdeveloped.

It did hold my interest. But didn't live up to the hype for me. Nothing special.
Erika
OMG! What an awesome book. I loved the way the relationship evolved between Gray and Faith. This book was HOT! I loved the whole story behind how they came together and everything. Not to mention "The House." So intriguing. Makes me wanna check a place like that out. Ok, maybe only in my fantasies...lol. I definitely want to get my hubby on board to try some new things out. It is a definite must read.
Kelly

Just NO!!! Any book that refers to a vagina as a girly part or woo woo is just wrong. Its not as if the target audience for this book was children so let's get real with what it's called.

It was slow and boring for a large % of the book. No idea how I finished it, if I'm honest.
Can anybody suggest new book worth reading 4 66 May 07, 2014 11:37AM
Maya Banks Giveaway! Sept 24th- Oct 4th! 1 60 Sep 25, 2009 02:12PM
  • Decadent (Wicked Lovers, #2)
  • Wild, Wicked, & Wanton
  • Only Pleasure (Bound Hearts, #10)
  • Make Me, Sir (Masters of the Shadowlands, #5)
  • A Dom is Forever (Masters and Mercenaries, #3)
  • Cowgirl Up and Ride (Rough Riders, #3)
  • Wicked (Dungeon #3)
  • Sweet Restraint
  • Learning to Drown
  • Siren Enslaved (Texas Sirens, #3)
  • Seven Nights of Sin
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.
More about Maya Banks...
Rush (Breathless, #1) Fever (Breathless, #2) Burn (Breathless, #3) The Darkest Hour (KGI, #1) In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #1)

“Women were supposed to be the enigmas, but men? Moody, brooding bastards, the lot of them. A woman with PMS had nothing on a man. Where women might get hormonal once a month, men suffered their own brand of PMS on a daily basis.
- Faith”
217 likes
“Men love a submissive woman, Damon said simply. Even when they say the don't. There's just something about a beautiful, soft woman looking to them to protect and take care of them that inspires a man to greatness.” 23 likes