Start by marking “Touring 1938 Europe Unawares: Memoir of SS Normandie Sailing to Pre WWII Europe Including Nazi Germany” as Want to Read:

3.6  ·  Rating Details ·  5 Ratings  ·  1 Review
156 pages. OVER TWO DOZEN PHOTOS from Helen's scrapbook! The narrative is taken from her two trip diaries. Readers tell me that they felt like they were right there with her!
This wonderful story/memoir READS like a NOVEL, with the romance, and the challenges, and the fun, but it all really happened and this is what makes it so fascinating and historical!
The book is writt
Published September 1st 2011 by 1938 Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Touring 1938 Europe Unawares, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touring 1938 Europe Unawares

Teri
Dec 02, 2013 Teri rated it really liked it
I downloaded this as a free Kindle ebook under the title _How I Saw Hitler on My Summer Vacation A True Story: 1938: A Fearless Female's Adventures in Pre WWII Europe_.

This was a quick, fun, and compelling read. Helen (Kathleen Reed's aunt) was a very charismatic character, and she had a great writing voice. I thoroughly enjoyed her adventures on her Grand Tour and seeing the interesting people she met.

I particularly enjoyed reading the letters in the Epilogue after reading Helen's journal.

I'm n
Susie Yenson
Susie Yenson rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2016
Ilse
Ilse rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Greg Smith
Greg Smith rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2013
Marta
Marta rated it did not like it
May 25, 2015
Geneveive Gen
Geneveive Gen marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Sketchbook
Sketchbook is currently reading it
Dec 02, 2016