Start by marking “Dünyanın Sırları ve Gizemleri” as Want to Read:
Dünyanın Sırları ve Gizemleri

Dünyanın Sırları ve Gizemleri

3.84  ·  Rating Details ·  1,249 Ratings  ·  70 Reviews
Millions of people have witnessed Sylvia Browne's incredible psychic powers on TV shows such as Montel, and Larry King Live. She has been profiled on Entertainment Tonight, CNN, and other national news programs; her on-target psychic readings have helped police solve crimes; and she astounds audiences wherever she appears.
Published 2005 by Goa Basım Yayın

To ask other readers questions about Dünyanın Sırları ve Gizemleri, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dünyanın Sırları ve Gizemleri

Gracee
Dec 17, 2008 Gracee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries
After i have read this book, I felt like I was so enlightened. I was engrossed reading the Christian Controversies because I know I was lost, I am clueless about things that i should take note of. Like in the Lost years of Jesus Christ, we all know that He is our savior, the Messiah, the anointed one but in the book, it says there that Jesus learned alot when he traveled especially when he went to India where he learned most of his teachings and practices. What surprised me more is that this boo ...more
Lisa Westerfield
Like an alcoholic grabbing a margarita, I bought ‘Secrets & Mysteries of the World’ from the bargain bookshelf of my local Barnes & Noble. Laugh and point if you must, but honestly those without trash reading sins are the only ones who are allowed to throw stones.

Alright, I’m done with confessions. I am quite prepared to admit that I liked Sylvia Browne’s book. It was exactly what I thought it would be. I wasn’t blown away by her verbiage, but I did identify with her down home way of lo
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of Sylvia Browne's many books and it deals with almost every paranormal-related topic you can think of. The book is divided into various sections:

Mysterious Places: Stonehenge, Easter Island, Shangra-La, the Bermuda Triangle, Atlantis and Lemuria. This part is pretty interesting, especially the part on Shangra-La, although we would have to assume that the city has some type of cloaking device; otherwise spy satellites would have taken its picture long ago. Ms. Browne believes that At
Apokripos
Dec 14, 2008 Apokripos rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: conspiracy theorists and mystery buffs
Shelves: non-fiction
...
Everything from Atlantis to Bigfoot to the Bermuda Triangle is dusted off in this rambling rehash of pop mythology. Browne serves up perfunctory accounts of folktales, New Age origin myths and tabloid sensations, embellishing them with her desultory psychic vibes ("historians say that Stonehenge dates to about 3000 B.C., but I felt when I was there that it was more like 5000 B.C.") and the nattering asides--"Francine said there are forty-four universes"--of her "spirit guide." Influenced by F
Sheila
Jul 07, 2012 Sheila rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all, let me say that I don't always agree with Sylvia. However, who wants to argue with a psychic when they claim to have knowledge that I know myself I do not have?

Second of all, I do not care what Anderson Cooper uncovered about her whether she's legit or not, or even what James Randi says about any psychic? You don't have to believe, but I do.

Furthermore, if it were me in Ms. Sylvia's place, I would not want to prove to anyone either. It's like trying to prove the existence of GOD,
Nicole
Dec 31, 2010 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ive always been intrigued by aliens, the pyramids, the Bermuda triangle, psychic abilities and the afterlife and this book tells Sylvia Browne, a well known psychic, point of view on these and a LOT of other 'secrets and mysteries of the world'
with her spirit guide, Francine, she searches the world for proof.
even if you dont agree with any of it
and all think its just a bunch of pish posh
its still an exciting and discriptive point of view on
our world and of our universe!
i highly recommend thi
Bill
Mar 26, 2009 Bill rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Had I been in my teens or early 20's I would have really enjoyed this book. It is and introduction to unusual phenomena on this planet such as the mystery of Stonehenge or do werewolves really exist. As it is, I have already explored most of that in my youth. Sylvia does a good job explaining these things as the authorities see it, but,then, she has her spirit guide Francine fill in the blanks for what the authorities dispute or for what is really unknown. Francine tells you the real deal. She i ...more
Patrick
Dec 06, 2015 Patrick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Started this book not knowing what to expect, but I'm glad I found this while bargain hunting at the goodwill! Sylvia Browne is great at engaging the reader and making the subject matter interesting. What kept me reading was her integration of scientific data, her own opinion, and the opinions of others. I was also pleased that Sylvia reiterates that her end truth was her truth and you shouldn't just accept it, instead find the truth for yourself. Over all a very interesting read that covered to ...more
Maura
Dec 06, 2010 Maura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting to have a large number of the world's mysterious events collected in one 2-CD set. Although Sylvia is a renowned psychic she curiously doesn't have psychic information on all of the mysteries, but, she is an avid researcher and has done enough homework in the traditional sense to add some insight into many of the mysteries (we're talking Stonehenge, crop circles, the Bermuda triangle, etc.) Worth a read/listen to for anyone that is has a curious spirit :)
Denise Halter
As most of you know I am a HUGE Sylvia Browne fan. I love her books! I haven't read one of her books that I didn't like. Though you must have an open mind to read these as they don't follow a lot of most popular theories to life after death/religion. Her words offer comfort though! As a person who has many close family members waiting on the other side it helps to know (not only from Sylvia) that they are there waiting!
Caitlin
Oct 23, 2008 Caitlin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sylvia Browne Fans, & anyone wanting to know about some of the world;s biggest mysteries
Recommended to Caitlin by: I saw Sylvia on Montel Williams
Sylvia answers many questions about the world's greatest mysteries. UFO's, The Loch Ness Monster, the Yeti, The Bermuda Triangle, are discussed in this book, as well as how the pryamids were built, the Crystal Skulls, and much more. Anyone who wants to learn about these mysteries can turn to this book.
Bebe Burnside
Nov 14, 2011 Bebe Burnside rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
tj's always interesting to read what Syliva Browne has to say on any subject. She does not disappoint in Secrets & Mysteries. From the great pyramids to alien abductions, Sylvia discusses the most common theories and then adds her own insights. Her explanations make as much sense as anyones, and in some cases her logic beats the "experts".
Kerrie Waters
Dec 20, 2010 Kerrie Waters rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality
This book was very interesting & thought-provoking. I enjoyed reading about many of the mysteries of this world of ours. This book really makes you think. It's up to you whether or not to agree with Sylvia's personal opinions, but she does make a lot of sense on many topics.
Matthew Broman
Mar 07, 2014 Matthew Broman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really interesting and well written book about the great secrets and mysteries of the world that to this day remain unsolved and unexplained. Very enlightening read for anyone interested in this type of stuff.
Carrie Bostic
May 11, 2012 Carrie Bostic rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-paper
All of Sylvia Brownes's material is interesting. Sometimes I'm not sure if I believe what she writes, but she even encourages people to reach inside themselves and do research for themselves, and to not just take her word for it. This was a very interesting book.
Randi
Mar 14, 2012 Randi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm always skeptical about psychics and their abilities. But I live life with an open mind, and so far this book is interesting. And she does use a lot of facts and references in her book, so you do learn about these phenomena also.
Pam
Nov 04, 2007 Pam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love reading about Stonehedge and all of the mysterous places like the Bermuda Triangle. She covers them all and gives a little more info than most.
Pamela Scott
Dec 09, 2014 Pamela Scott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Missing her dearly this is one of her greatest story as it leaves u fully understanding who u could be.
Madonna Analla
Jul 19, 2011 Madonna Analla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was awesome, it gave interesting theories to the greatest structures, groups, and mysteries i've always been curious about.
Kate Zirkle
Mar 09, 2008 Kate Zirkle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: metaphysical
Loved it! Sylvia has a casual and "easy to relate to" writing style. Great book for spiritual readers.
Joyce Nelson
Jul 26, 2012 Joyce Nelson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read this more than once, love it! It's great to read a straight opinion and not a bunch of flip,flop "maybe they do exist?" crap. Love her writing, I'm sure I'll read this again.
Abby
Believe it or don't believe it - but she has some very interesting explanations and opinions on the origins of things. Her stories about close encounters with aliens are by far the most entertaining.
Whitney
Jul 20, 2009 Whitney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who has an open mind
This book I found very interesting. I love reading about how the pryamids were built and other mysteries. I love anything that she writes
C.
Aug 28, 2015 C. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I knew nothing about Sylvia Browne and loved this book. I got so much more out of it than anticipated. I am better educated about many world phenomena and felt unexpectedly satisfied. I hadn't delved into my love of ‘mysteries of the unknown’ for ages. It was exciting to hear of Peru's otherworldly “Ica Stones” and road drawings. I had heard the word “Shangri-La” but didn’t know what it was. My favourite information is about the peaceable, submerged continent: “Lemuria”. This book also explains ...more
Natalie
This book was recommended to me by a friend with an interest in the paranormal; because my grandfather is fascinated by mediums and the paranormal, I decided to leaf through it, though I've never experienced anything out of the ordinary myself. Secrets and Mysteries of the World offers details and theories of the unexplained phenomenon in the world. Unlike her encyclopedia-style Phenomenon, this book is written in a chapter format. The theories she presents are interesting and might be fun to ta ...more
Maizie
Jan 03, 2014 Maizie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You have to be a believer in unnatural abilities. You have to have an interest in the secrets the world has. This book was a disappointment not because of the author but what she said. I always had more wonder and hopes for what was out there. If what she said is real I wish I hadn't have read it and kept my own uncertainty. Ignorance can be bliss, in this case. Im not saying don't read it but maybe ask your self if you really want to know.
Kimberlie
Mar 15, 2013 Kimberlie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2007
I read a variety of books, and I've read one or two others by Sylvia Browne. Usually I take the "open mind, believe it if you will" approach, but this book was practically laughable. I believe SHE believes what she's written, but I had trouble seeing it as anything more than entertainment. Perhaps because I'm not sold on the idea of aliens being responsible for all the secrets and mysteries in the world. The only thing she left out was Elvis, and I'm sure that will be in a future edition.
Maya
I was a little skeptical of some of the things she said and believed. She did aknowledge that not everyone would agree with her and she encouraged doing your own research. It was a good overview of things in the world that you wonder about.
Ashiya  Stroud
It was really interesting. I will admit it was a page turner. Not really sure if I believe in any of that, but it defianatly had me questioning my beliefs. I did enjoy the chapter on the city of Atlantis, and the chapter on the last years of Jesus.
Kathy-Diane
Dec 16, 2008 Kathy-Diane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a writer my imaginaton has always been twigged my mysteries like the Egyptian pyramids, Stonehenge and the Bermuda Triangle. Sylvia Brown provides a thorough, down to earth, investigative snapshot of each one. I really enjoyed this book.
  • My Life With Sylvia Browne
  • A Still, Small Voice: A Psychic's Guide to Awakening Intuition
  • Chakra Clearing
  • Bible Code II: The Countdown
  • Silver's Spells for Protection
  • The Science of Enlightenment: Teachings and Meditations for Awakening Through Self-Investigation
  • The Philosopher's Diet: How to Lose Weight & Change the World
  • Meditations from Conversations with God
  • Self-Esteem: Your Fundamental Power
  • Auras
  • The Spells Bible: The Definitive Guide to Charms and Enchantments
  • Remembering the Future: The Path to Recovering Intuition
  • Moonfall
  • The Way of the Hedge Witch: Rituals and Spells for Hearth and Home
  • A Practical Guide to the Runes: Their Uses in Divination and Magic (Llewellyn's New Age)
  • Eternal Crimson (Tears of Crimson, #2)
Sylvia Browne was a number one New York Times–bestselling author and world-famous psychic. She appeared regularly on The Montel Williams Show and Larry King Live and made countless other media and public appearances. She was the founder of a church, the Society of Novus Spiritus.
More about Sylvia Browne...